Starjumper

Starman returns

:blink:

Wow.

This topic is a moderator's nightmare. Thanks a lot.

Looks like I have to ban the entire forum.

:lol:

Sean

Looks like I have to ban the entire forum.

Didn't you just do that last weekend :P

Didn't you just do that last weekend :P

And banning occasionally seems to do good! One change I see is the time taken to search this forum! It is way way faster now...or so it seems B)

Funny thing though... how kunlun seems to attract so many strange accusations. One say Max has been taken over by evil spirits, other say Max implants worms that takes over people, and then there is all the talk of reptilians from outer space. Any other strange stuff?

To me this is an indication of too much astral energy. But is it kunlun who is too astral or does it trigger other peoples astral energies?

like in the saying;

"it's better with bad reviews than no reviews..."

yawn.

Edited by rain

Funny thing though... how kunlun seems to attract so many strange accusations. One say Max has been taken over by evil spirits, other say Max implants worms that takes over people, and then there is all the talk of reptilians from outer space. Any other strange stuff?

To me this is an indication of too much astral energy. But is it kunlun who is too astral or does it trigger other peoples astral energies?

To me Kunlun has become: bliss, emptiness, compassion, vast freedom, peacefulness, etc.

I think some people just get scared by some aspects of the practice. They apply what they think they know to learn about something they don't. Like "demon cave" in the story of the history of Kunlun. Is it possible that in that area of China, they don't regard "demons" as Satan's helpers...but rather as wrathful deities that represent helpful aspects of an enlightened one? Or about "coyote": is it possible that Native American's actually venerated the coyote figure and didn't consider him to be the devil as we think of it?

The whole world wasn't raised Christian, although it is a great religion...so it's good to be open minded about different cultures. They don't all fit into our paradigm. We shouldn't force our paradigm on them so that they change their cultures to fit it.

So yeah, I don't think this is about triggering astral energy or Kunlun being too astral (I don't have any astral experiences)...I just think people are misinformed, closed minded and afraid. Like you said, they are strange accusations.

Seeing that there are 283, no 284 posts on this topic, it seems to me we no longer have to communicate with long typing. Rather we can completely express ourselves using earlier post #.

So the rest of the thread would go like this.

#8 <_<

answered by

#16 :angry:

#138 :P

#4 :blink:

#204 ;) (Hey you risk suspension)

#224 :o

#247 :mellow:

#8 :)

B)

To me Kunlun has become: bliss, emptiness, compassion, vast freedom, peacefulness, etc.

I think some people just get scared by some aspects of the practice. They apply what they think they know to learn about something they don't. Like "demon cave" in the story of the history of Kunlun. Is it possible that in that area of China, they don't regard "demons" as Satan's helpers...but rather as wrathful deities that represent helpful aspects of an enlightened one? Or about "coyote": is it possible that Native American's actually venerated the coyote figure and didn't consider him to be the devil as we think of it?

The whole world wasn't raised Christian, although it is a great religion...so it's good to be open minded about different cultures. They don't all fit into our paradigm. We shouldn't force our paradigm on them so that they change their cultures to fit it.

So yeah, I don't think this is about triggering astral energy or Kunlun being too astral (I don't have any astral experiences)...I just think people are misinformed, closed minded and afraid. Like you said, they are strange accusations.

Good thinking about the coyote having historical roots as both "good" and "bad", Scott.Both in Tibetan and in native american culture. And looking beyond the christian culture without fear certainly helps.

Astral travelling is not something exotic or exclusive for kunlun. His work is syncretic (and hopefully) at heart. ;)

Oh..I don't know. I think it's just ridiculous to listen to ideas about spontaneous reactions as the work of the devil, when we all know the history of the church and the speaking in tounges etc. It has been part of many therapeutic forms. My experience which I hav tried to convey to the best of my ability for a long time now is that the bridging of the parasympatic and sympatic nervous system is a biological one...athletes like long distance runners do it all the time. We make far too much fuss about this. I couldnt let go fast enough of Max handshaking or his transmissional touch. Why. I have no idea. I take the full responsibility for my own reactions. I am the interpretator. I read the world and I am responsible for the consequences. You all seem like a bunch of sissyasses to me. neither thinking especially creatively nor doing your exercises very creatively or consisely.

Im no kunlun ..--what did he say? disciple. He he.

The dissolving business is something that happens to a human being once the oscillation gets going. It can be done psycoemotionally or pure physically, I bet even with mental work..

go sit on yer furskins. esp you batman.

I met Max. I learned kunlun. I do kunlun. also.

Trunkhas some nice theories on acupressure. Go look itup.

not sweet just grouchy, maybe real. who knows.

Edited by rain

My experience which I hav tried to convey to the best of my ability for a long time now is that the bridging of the parasympatic and sympatic nervous system is a biological one...

Respectfully, to my knowledge I've said so here both first and provided most detail in support of.

BTW, agree on the sissyasses assertion. This is the way it is rain.

Self guided inquisition of self takes courage. Most don't experience circumstances that cause such courage to arise.

Most seek an easy way...

This is the way of the Tao.

Respectfully, to my knowledge I've said so here both first and provided most detail in support of.

BTW, agree on the sissyasses assertion. This is the way it is rain.

Self guided inquisition of self takes courage. Most don't experience circumstances that cause such courage to arise.

Most seek an easy way...

This is the way of the Tao.

Yes I know your and others stamina and originality and daily practise. I was childishly generalising.

I disagree that practising everyday is so strenouous though. It is about implementing routines too.

It is not hard to ride the bike or brush teeth anymore right?

We guide ourselves and seek answers from those more experienced.

I disagree that practising everyday is so strenouous though.

quiet observation of survival level habits.

activity and rest happens in a cyclic loop.

life grows into every corner of the room.

Hi everyone, I finally got the house in the mountains ready to survive the winter. This is a picture of snow on the mountainside the morning after I finished putting the shingles on the roof, so I got it ready just in the nick of time, that is, if you call finishing the roof in heavy rain 'in time'. It's just nice to know that the unnerving sound of water pouring inside the house is over.

house5.jpg

Here's a picture of the house as it is so far, it's the first house I ever built. There will be a roof extension going around the gable ends but it isn't needed in order to survive the winter.

house4.jpg

Also I want to thank everyone for their advice with this Kunlun situation. I just want you all to know that it was due to me getting into the Halloween spirit and wanting to share it here :) More on that later, but I've been out in the mountains, alone, living in a tiny little 12 foot trailer for the last five months and had tons of time to think about 'what ifs'.

Now I need to catch up on my business. I haven't returned a lot of calls and have missed a bunch of business.

Edited by Starjumper7

Looks great Starjumper!! I've always wanted to build my own pad start to finish. Keep it up!

Your pal,

Yoda

......I've been out in the mountains, alone, living in a tiny little 12 foot trailer for the last five months and had tons of time to think about 'what ifs'.

I am green with envy!

I've wanted to follow through on this thread but been a bit reluctant at the same time .. anyway ...

Starjumper

Nice house - beautiful setting

Don't forget the windows :)

I'm hoping to get back out there in early December and put exterior doors and windows in. It is a beautiful area for sure but I don't really feel like I own it, it feels more like I am just a visitor there.

I'll expect my tea hot when I get there :D

It will be hot, and you are welcome to visit any time. You live in Australia, don't you Stig?

Looks great Starjumper!! I've always wanted to build my own pad start to finish. Keep it up!

Your pal,

Yoda

Thanks Yoda, I hope your dream comes true, and I'm glad you are my pal. I've always admired your energy.

......I've been out in the mountains, alone, living in a tiny little 12 foot trailer for the last five months and had tons of time to think about 'what ifs'.

I am green with envy!

garden4.jpg

Here's a picture of the trailer that was my home. The property has forest land on opposite sides, over on the other side of the ridge that you can see a little of at the top.

I'm sorry to cause the feelings of envy and jealousy. Remember everything has it's good and it's bad side ... and I'm going to use this idea as a lead in to a final explanation of the way I dealt with the kunlun thing in case it will help anyone let go of it as that will help me let go of it too. I already forgave myself before I did it.

Being out there in the little trailer all alone was easy for me because I am good at being solitary and a hermit. These last months I have worked on pulling myself out of a laziness rut with my practice and started working on ramping up energy levels and on getting a lot more energy in my head. As I described in my third post (#20) in the En*light*enment thread, getting a lot of energy in your head can make you much more emotional and a bit crazy =) and so it was with me, maybe still is. Being alone out there every night, with the dim lighting and nothing but the sounds of the night, lots of crickets in the summer, strange birds that sound tropical, coyotes howling, Owls, deer moving around in the dark, small dying animal cries fading into the darkness, changes you. I did plenty of meditating and chi kung but I also had plenty of time to think, too much time in a way. I was trying to figure out what was going on with the kunlun seminars and always thinking - what if. You know, when you are worried about someone, as in when a relative is late coming home, you wonder what if, what if, what if something bad happened. Raise your hand if you've never done this. So then I got the email about Max. I realize now that it may well have been a Halloween trick and I fell for it. We all know it doesn't matter if a demon story is written or not, it is hard to believe, but still it made my 'what if' thing go through the roof, it all fit together, didn't it, and I freaked out. I went to the trailer but couldn't meditate and could hardly work, I felt it was more important than anything to come back and warn my friend (and everyone else) before she went back, you know, just in case.

In retrospect it was good for me to go through that crisis as it has helped me release my concerns about it and I feel I now have a more level headed approach to it. I was really pissed off at the idea that she could have been abused in such a way. Where a Taoist would say they were pissed off a new ager would say they need healing, so ya, healing. I hear that takes time, and time is doing it's work.

So ...

Seriously though, it sounds like Taomeow has had a good experience so far and in a year or so she and Starjumper can be pals again when he sees that she's doing well with the path. It just sounds like he had a natural reaction like a caring but overprotective parent.

Yes it does sound like she is doing well with it and I hope you are right about us being pals again.

It seems to me Steve, that you got to a point where it looked like you were going to have to change your opinion of your friend. You were going to have to accept that she respected a coyote, a liar, (in your terms) a man with tacky advertising. You were going to have to accept that she admired that man and wanted him for her teacher.

And it really was impossible to keep her on that pedestal if you did that.

So you chose to believe she was still the person you believed her to be , but brainwashed.

That's pretty close cat, but with a twist in it that made it seem worse than brainwashed.

You know, sometimes I like to go back through threads and read things I've said about people and see how they apply to me. I truly believe that anything I say about another is about me too in some way and so i like to see in what way it fits. This thread is rich with those kinds of resources =)

Speaking of cats, we have these things around there, they like the rocky cliff areas.

bust.jpg

and here is a pic of the lower end of the driveway, showing a rock outcropping through the trees, the neighbors call this rock the sphinx.

garden6.jpg