Starjumper

Starman returns

Starjumper,

I get obsessive thought patterns every few minutes, so no biggie. :lol:

Love the photos, keep them coming!

Your pal,

Yoda

bust.jpg
Interesting, I had an image last night of a cat's head just like that staring at me...

Anyhow, cool new digs! B) I wouldn't even know where to begin to build my own house...

You have rekindled my dreams of a remote retreat house! Thats a truly gorgeous spot!

Yes it's wonderful, but rather than it being a retreat house I'm planning on living there most of the time. At first I had picked a dramatic vacation retreat cabin location for it but I realized that would be a mistake since the feng shui for comfort wasn't there. Dramatic and comfortable don't mix that well =) I worked on the feng shui of the house and the landscaping to make it a comfortable family home, so it seems like it would be a shame to live there alone, and it would be such an ideal place to raise a kid too, perhaps a child that could someday become a most powerful chi kung master.

I've been thinking of using it as a location for a chi kung camp during the summer, and I do mean camp, at least at first.

Interesting, I had an image last night of a cat's head just like that staring at me...

It could be you were picking up on it from people from the forum that were viewing it.

Love the photos, keep them coming!

OK, I like photos too.

Edited by Starjumper7

I'll share some views of places I've been around here

june01.jpg

june06.jpg

june15.jpg

There are a bazillion trees around here but I prefer the views and the feeling at higher altitudes. These last two picture are from a place called the Enchanted Lakes Wilderness, which is one of my favorite spots.

june25.jpg

sep64.jpg

Edited by Starjumper7

nice!

Vortex, speaking of cats, a friend of mine was visiting a cousin in view of Mt Kailash in northern India many years ago and she had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. While she was sitting on the can, she realized that just on the other side of the large window pane three feet away from her was a full grown tiger. She was still young enough to simply enjoy staring at each other.

nice!

Vortex, speaking of cats, a friend of mine was visiting a cousin in view of Mt Kailash in northern India many years ago and she had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. While she was sitting on the can, she realized that just on the other side of the large window pane three feet away from her was a full grown tiger. She was still young enough to simply enjoy staring at each other.

Holy crap! (teehee)

Beautiful pictures Starjumper.

Are you planning solar for your house

What about water - is there a stream or a well

Indoor or outdoor plumbing

june01.jpg

june06.jpg

june15.jpg

There are a bazillion trees around here but I prefer the views and the feeling at higher altitudes. These last two picture are from a place called the Enchanted Lakes Wilderness, which is one of my favorite spots.

june25.jpg

sep64.jpg

oj. these pctures actually make hair stand on my arms. so fresh!!

I was looking for pics of places I've been in the mountains and saw this. I haven't been here but always thought it was a well done picture. I've seen similar.

jul33.jpg

Beautiful pictures Starjumper.

Are you planning solar for your house

What about water - is there a stream or a well

Indoor or outdoor plumbing

I was planning solar but the neighbors down the canyon have it but they found that it's too cloudy during the winter and they paid a lot of money for gas to run generators, so this summer we dug a trench up the road with a tractor called a Ditch Witch and put power and fiber optic conduit in. There are many big hydroelectric dams nearby so electrical power is dirt cheap around here. There is power now so there's finally heat in the trailer.

Photo-Ditch-Witch-RT40-Chai.jpg

I also used the Ditch Witch to dig ditches for power to the house , water line from the well to the house, and drain line to the septic tank. The house will have a bathroom, two actually, one bathtub room open to the bedroom and a separate toilet room w. shower. Right now the toilet is outdoors, a little wood box with a toilet seat on it, sitting out under some trees, without walls or roof, with a very nice view.

There is a nice stream that runs down the bottom of the canyon, the length of the property, but we aren't supposed to take water from streams.

Edited by Starjumper7

^ If this is your first DIY house - how did you learn how to build it? What resources are you using? Seems like a Herculean task that requires such a wide knowledge base, tools & materials.

Edited by vortex

nice!

Cool! Lucky girl. Once I was at the zoo in Belize, which only had chicken wire cages for it's animals. A panther came up to me and lay down against the fence right next to me and started purring, so I reached through the fence to tickle it's neck and pat it's head. I hadn't ever expected to hear purring froma big cat so didn't recognize it for a couple of seconds. :)

I was looking for pics of places I've been in the mountains and saw this. I haven't been here but always thought it was a well done picture. I've seen similar.

jul33.jpg

I was planning solar but the neighbors down the canyon have it but they found that it's too cloudy during the winter and they paid a lot of money for gas to run generators, so this summer we dug a trench up the road with a tractor called a Ditch Witch and put power and fiber optic conduit in. There are many big hydroelectric dams nearby so electrical power is dirt cheap around here. There is power now so there's finally heat in the trailer.

Photo-Ditch-Witch-RT40-Chai.jpg

I also used the Ditch Witch to dig ditches for power to the house , water line from the well to the house, and drain line to the septic tank. The house will have a bathroom, two actually, one bathtub room open to the bedroom and a separate toilet room w. shower. Right now the toilet is outdoors, a little wood box with a toilet seat on it, sitting out under some trees, without walls or roof, with a very nice view.

I can't wait to visit. I'll bring my own leaves LOL

Magnificent photos!

I'm going to be moving to the Puget sound area in June. I've been struggling a bit with my decision to relocate to the area but these photos are making me feel much better.

Thanks

:D

I realized, when I came here to warn everyone, that it was a lost cause, and so I used my favorite backup system, which is name calling. Then I switched to the things I like, which is teasing the turkeys and enjoying the ladies.

BTT, same sort of thread but nicer energy & pictures :D