Apech

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, sisters and all

4 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

He was a turtle.

"Meh, that's evolution for you!" he remarked to no-one in particular.

• Like 2

as he was in the habit of doing, sometimes, rarely even, z sent out a tracer to make sure his psychic message was received

and it was, however, not to the intended receiver, questionmark, the actual receiver was @peter falk who had been hanging out with @Cameron & @Yoda

z thought, perhaps, the mention of time travel near the moment I sent the message caused a form of entanglement which sent his message back in time. z sighed, I wish @Brian was here to explain to me about quantum phenomena.

z focused more intently sending a softer wave form of psychic message you're not the only one been time traveling on this thread, the clues are there 

and he thought for someone skilled in time travel, seems a little mind reading should be easy, alas, you can never figure how some advanced skills bypass other skills along the way,, and isn't it interesting that psychic is psy-chic

Then z asks the group, "where has  @Earl Grey gone, did he ever recover from the schmoozing & boozing?

and It makes sense he had to get some booze in his system, to combat covid...."

z understood that even if this latest message failed to be received, we could always rely on using some psychedelics to boost the chances.

Edited by zerostao
  • Haha 1

while all that was going on Nungali and the wizard decided to take a lovely ride through summer fields...

images.jpg.c963968da85df9123997fb5613e5bc4c.jpg

• Like 1

And Nungali said to the wizard; " So ...  they decided the problem will be dealt with by 'inaction'  .

The wizard said :  " Are not you a little old for that type of 'adventure' , and I doubt you are fit , with all that pipe smoking you do . "

"Not really", said Nungali , " after I drop you off I am going to use this cart I  ' borrowed ' as a barricade . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some where in the back of the good Hobbits mind he  wonders: if she fell for a dwarf could she someday fall for me?

EvangelineLillyAsTauriel.jpg.685c2c32c23c9fd6bdd555c300b17b99.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Nungali said:

'Well, we actually DIDNT know about that, "   said one of our group , " we just happened upon this place ."

Turning the talking stick in her hands Blue eyed snake said: We will not tolerate the killing of the living woods on the outskirts of Daobumia.  As I am fucking scared of violence in all my appearances, we’ll need to prevent it. I do not know the lay of the lands here but my idea would be to sabotage the roads leading to the forest. First the road leading to the hotel to prevent the loggers to get free beer, then the road leading to the forest itself. Hopefully there are bridges in those roads, that would make thinks easier.

Nungali’s idea is good but that little cart will not impress our opponents, besides, that very old and venerable wizard sitting on it will want to keep using it. Although I like his taste in hats, compared to him I am just a babywizard that left training due to things outside the scope of this story. His knowledge and powers may come in useful so we should take care not to anger him.

while obstructing the loggers the idea of the former speaker can be executed and hopefully this will keep our woods safe.

"If it is indeed illegal in the laws of this beautiful country, wherever we may be, all we need is a interim injunction, or whatever you call it here: make use of the power of the state of the people, pay some lousy advocate and we can sit here and chill evermore. No claustrophobical violence needed, if you can play the state on its own terms." 

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Apech said:

"Odd that," remarked the cat, "if I look at this book through one eye it reads one way, if I look at it another way it tells another story."

the snake looked into the book but although she agreed with the insights of the cat she found both versions of the book a bit boring, she dozed of and dreamed of a butterfly, trying to catch it she woke up with a start and realized she was both snake and butterfly.

• Like 2

Z dispatches a raven to his friends Deep Green Resistance

Deep Green Resistance - Wikipedia

and at the blink of an eye, they respond "We hear you, Green Left Hand, we have set up position, await the loggers"

From Subsistence to Resistance - Deep Green Resistance New York

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, questionmark said:

"If anyone cares for some good coffee... here's some.. and I'd still be curious about the synchronistic mysteries of psychic energy interactions and their physical manifestations?" 

yes coffee please, nothing beats coffee in the morning, with a bit of sugar please, thanks dear, that's just lovely.

You're so full of questions and full of knowledge too I think. All those books you've read, they do give the answers you're looking for but strangely, you cannot become aware of the answers when only reading and analyzing.

But however they appear they will keep on appearing, those synchronistic mysteries as you call them. Many hints have been given already and I heard your crying. The answer lies within yourself and it seems to me you know the answer as you posted it.

listened to them talking about recipies and bringing up children and the wonders of the communication between baby and breasts while breastfeeding, in that way that the baby tells the body of the mother without words which nutrients it needs the most at the current time. „Did you know, that often in the first months, the baby cannot differentiate between itself and his mother? It often says: ‚Mom is hungry’ but means ‚I am hungry’. Doesn’t that make you wonder about the futility of seperate consciousness?“ 

Young mothers tend to be very aware of their baby, often to the exclusion of everything else which can give you a very unwanted feeling visiting with them. That exclusion thing is a characteristic of young moms I think.

I communicate with you using a computer, it works beautifully, not only can I talk to you somewhere in a country far away, but at the same time, in another tab,  I can talk to someone else in another forum about a completely different topic. That's magic don't you think? to me it is as I have only a very vague understanding how it works. Same with synchronicity,  my understanding of it, if any, is only vague, but somehow it works.

earlier in this thread @dwai had a nice post about it.

After the coffee I always like tea and while drinking it thought of a guy I once met who sung the virtue of mindfulness, he told me he normally was not aware of his butt touching the chair, not to mention his feet. That mindfulness helped him to feel his body. I was baffled by his story as I could not relate to continuously being unaware of your physical body. I suppose when all your awareness is packed into the head it is sort of trapped there.

and that in turn reminded me of the well-known zen story about a cup of tea.

https://tomdas.com/2017/09/06/zen-story-a-cup-of-tea/

• Like 4

7 hours ago, old3bob said:

Some where in the back of the good Hobbits mind he  wonders: if she fell for a dwarf could she someday fall for me?

EvangelineLillyAsTauriel.jpg.685c2c32c23c9fd6bdd555c300b17b99.jpg

My friend got her ears  'done' like that .  She is tattooed and pierced  and gets new' surprises' occasionally .  The she shows up my place with one half her head shaved  and I am sitting there looking at her exposed ear ....   is it pointy at top, nah .... closer subtle look ... well yeah   wot  ???  But then she turned and on a particular angle ... yep , there is a big half Moon shape cut out of it .  Fairly good job, the curled over edge of the ear at the tip was not  cut off but  tapered in to a point .   YOIKS !   I didnt say anything about it though .

Then later I said something and she  '  What did you say, I couldnt hear that, are you mumbling  ?"

Me ; 'No, I think its ..... you  ."

Her ;  " You arent making fun of my ears are you ?  :angry: "

Me ;   'Yes."

Whaddaya think guys ?    Should I do it ?

dab305c4a144d93eea28860f7ea6f6be.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

Turning the talking stick in her hands Blue eyed snake said: We will not tolerate the killing of the living woods on the outskirts of Daobumia.  As I am fucking scared of violence in all my appearances, we’ll need to prevent it. I do not know the lay of the lands here but my idea would be to sabotage the roads leading to the forest. First the road leading to the hotel to prevent the loggers to get free beer, then the road leading to the forest itself. Hopefully there are bridges in those roads, that would make thinks easier.

Nungali’s idea is good but that little cart will not impress our opponents, besides, that very old and venerable wizard sitting on it will want to keep using it. Although I like his taste in hats, compared to him I am just a babywizard that left training due to things outside the scope of this story. His knowledge and powers may come in useful so we should take care not to anger him.

while obstructing the loggers the idea of the former speaker can be executed and hopefully this will keep our woods safe.

"If it is indeed illegal in the laws of this beautiful country, wherever we may be, all we need is a interim injunction, or whatever you call it here: make use of the power of the state of the people, pay some lousy advocate and we can sit here and chill evermore. No claustrophobical violence needed, if you can play the state on its own terms." 

Great idea , now thats thinking !    You take care of that ... and just in case they get through ..... I will have my cart . Yeah I know its not impressive ... thats the whole point , anything bigger will just get bulldozed out the way . But this, they will think can just be pushed out the way manually   ( ceptin I am going to stuff the whole thing with tiger wasp nests  :) )

( and  further down the road a trip wire with  net  .... the net will not drop on them , but whats in it will , a huge stack of giant stinging tree leaves  ... and if they get past  that, the next barricade will be ....  probably best  no one else knows about that - you lot being non violent and all that .

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

My friend got her ears  'done' like that .  She is tattooed and pierced  and gets new' surprises' occasionally .  The she shows up my place with one half her head shaved  and I am sitting there looking at her exposed ear ....   is it pointy at top, nah .... closer subtle look ... well yeah   wot  ???  But then she turned and on a particular angle ... yep , there is a big half Moon shape cut out of it .  Fairly good job, the curled over edge of the ear at the tip was not  cut off but  tapered in to a point .   YOIKS !   I didnt say anything about it though .

Then later I said something and she  '  What did you say, I couldnt hear that, are you mumbling  ?"

Me ; 'No, I think its ..... you  ."

Her ;  " You arent making fun of my ears are you ?  :angry: "

Me ;   'Yes."

Whaddaya think guys ?    Should I do it ?

dab305c4a144d93eea28860f7ea6f6be.jpg

Why not, maybe they have a package deal and you can get a pointy nose too.

maybe get a pointy wizard hat,

Edited by zerostao

Just remember to be careful with that gold ring you're packing, one Gollum was enough we don't need another....

images.jpg.cb8cbcaef5dab737cf35f42c8bf0b167.jpg

• Haha 1

The cat sat lazily under the shade of a great tree, chewing a piece of grass, while @Nungali fiddled with the knapsack.

"When will @zerostao get back with the food?" he asked.

"It's a long way back to the Hamlet of Drew - and you did insist on a burger," said @Nungali.

In front of them, beside a large pond @questionmark played with a silver tinkling ball, throwing it high in the air and catching it, whooping and giggling like a girlie.

Up it went, high into the blue sky, down it came into her outstretched hands.  Once, twice.  But on the third time the ball span out from her hands and plopped into the dark waters of the pond.

Silence.

"Help me get my ball back!" shouted @questionmark to the others.

Silence.

"Come on!"

The cat shifted his weight slightly.

"You'll have to ask him," he said pointing.

On a lily pad sat a large frog, with big bulging eyes and a flicking tongue.

"What!" said @questionmark, "are you kidding."

"Give him a big kiss and he'll do whatever you want," replied the cat.

"Oh!  I suppose he'll turn into a prince, will he!!!"

"No but he'll give you a T.O.A.D. for sure."

"Fuck that," said @questionmark, and plunged into the water and fished out the silver ball.

"There," she said "you don't need a frog when you can do it for yourself."

Edited by Apech
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It was nearly noon and z was putting food in baskets for the famished troupe

Spoiler

Horizontal overhead image of a wicker picnic basket with a lid that opens on either side, with dishes and flatware secured to the inner lid with leatherette straps, and a variety of foods in the bottom including fruits, bread, cheese, and plastic containers of salads and more, on green grass.

"Just waiting to take these burgers off the grill." z said to himself.

When the tall grass revealed something large was moving through it towards the direction z was holding a hustler in one hand to flip the burgers with and his beer in the other hand. In broad daylight, Owl flew in, and z dropped the hustler and a couple of burgers onto the dirt, but he held that beer fast.

Owl, shaking its head, said "Typical, but I am here to tell you---"

At that moment rushing out of the tall grass was a mountain lion. Owl flew off; Z asked the mountain lion, "How do you like your burgers."

The lion replied, "Oh, thankyou, medium rare to medium is ok with me. actually, the two you dropped on the ground will work fine."

"No, those are for Nungali. I will grill yours to order." and z picked up the hustler and dropped burgers, knocked some of the dirt off, finished the beer, placed the burgers on a bun and dressed them out, put them inside the basket.

I wonder what owl was trying to tell me, thought z.

"Don't worry about it, I appreciate the burgers, but I am here to give you a message.' said the mountain lion. 

z looked curiously at this magnificent feline.

Mountain lion spotted on trail camera east of Lincoln

"Take the basket over to the troupe, return here and then follow me." said the big cat.

"Follow where?"  z asked.

"I cannot divulge that." the big cat shrugged. 

then added, "you need to contact @dwai @ilumairen @steve "

7 hours ago, Apech said:

The cat sat lazily under the shade of a great tree, chewing a piece of grass, while @Nungali fiddled with the knapsack.

"When will @zerostao get back with the food?" he asked.

"It's a long way back to the Hamlet of Drew - and you did insist on a burger," said @Nungali.

In front of them, beside a large pond @questionmark played with a silver tinkling ball, throwing it high in the air and catching it, whooping and giggling like a girlie.

Up it went, high into the blue sky, down it came into her outstretched hands.  Once, twice.  But on the third time the ball span out from her hands and plopped into the dark waters of the pond.

Silence.

"Help me get my ball back!" shouted @questionmark to the others.

Silence.

"Come on!"

The cat shifted his weight slightly.

"You'll have to ask him," he said pointing.

On a lily pad sat a large frog, with big bulging eyes and a flicking tongue.

"What!" said @questionmark, "are you kidding."

"Give him a big kiss and he'll do whatever you want," replied the cat.

"Oh!  I suppose he'll turn into a prince, will he!!!"

"No but he'll give you a T.O.A.D. for sure."

"Fuck that," said @questionmark, and plunged into the water and fished out the silver ball.

"There," she said "you don't need a frog when you can do it for yourself."

Yueya followed the progress of the intrepid hobbits using his scrying screen (powered by Windows 11) and was greatly amused by some of the comments. But not this one.

Are you using your formidable intellect and narrative powers here to gain insight into hidden aspects of your own psyche? Or are you using them to shield your heart from the profound mysterious of the feminine? For me, allowing vulnerability is vital for feeling my way into an intimate relationship with Self.  I have no interest in the type of isolated, masculine only, strength you seem to be implying. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Yueya said:

@Apech

What are you feeling confused about?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 2

@Yueya, I believe @Apech is being characteristically clever and funny merging the story of the frog and the princess playing with her ball with the current TOAD conversation. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bindi said:

@Yueya, I believe @Apech is being characteristically clever and funny merging the story of the frog and the princess playing with her ball with the current TOAD conversation. 

Yes I realised that but I didn't find it funny. I'm okay though to leave it at what I've already written, understood or not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apech said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

"Me either, here is a basket of food, and I'm taking off for a bit with some new cat I just met. Remember, I got your back."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yueya said:

Yueya followed the progress of the intrepid hobbits using his scrying screen (powered by Windows 11) and was greatly amused by some of the comments. But not this one.

Are you using your formidable intellect and narrative powers here to gain insight into hidden aspects of your own psyche? Or are you using them to shield your heart from the profound mysterious of the feminine? For me, allowing vulnerability is vital for feeling my way into an intimate relationship with Self.  I have no interest in the type of isolated, masculine only, strength you seem to be implying. 

To me the line, "you don't need a frog when you can do it for yourself.” seemed to rather upend the “masculine only” view - which is why I rather liked his tale.

Edited by ilumairen
grammar
  • Like 3

On 12/02/2022 at 4:14 PM, ilumairen said:

To me the line, "you don't need a frog when you can do it for yourself.” seemed to rather upend the “masculine only” view - which is why I rather liked his tale.

As I said, I’d prefer to leave off with what I’ve already written. That comment of Apech’s has plenty of background context from other discussion on this forum. My response was based on my overview of the whole situation, including other comments by Apech, and also my perspective on what spiritual practice entails. I stand by what I wrote. But I know from previous interactions with Apech we are on very different spiritual paths. Hence, what is right for each of us is different. I’m content with the path I’m on and I assume Apech is likewise content with his path. Of overriding importance for me is that I come here for connection and do not like it that I’ve stirred up conflict. Now that I have, I’m wanting to diffuse the situation but without surrendering my perspective. 

Mine is a path that resonates with Jung’s insights. With that in mind here is a Jungian overview of the fairytale in question. I’ll leave it open to everyone to interpret for themselves what it means in relation to Apech’s post. To my reading, Questionmark already has a strongly developed yang (masculine) side with her powerful intellect and needs support in valuing her innately strong yin (feminine) sensitivity to subtle energy flows that she revealed in her OAD topic and elsewhere.  Rather than giving this support, I read Apech as trying to squash it.  (My apologies, @questionmark and @Apech for giving this mini-analysis without your permission. I make no claims that it is right, only that I’m being honest about what I feel. I stand open to being corrected by both of you.) 

(Edit to add: This video gives the gist of the fairy tale and serves as a basic introduction to Jungian archetypal analysis. Even though the analysis lacks nuance, for a 7-minute introduction it serves its purpose well enough. For a more comprehensive exploration of archetypal analysis of fairy tales, I highly recommend Marie-Louise von Franz’s excellent books on the subject mentioned at the beginning of the video.)  

Edited by Yueya
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Yep.  When I write these little tales I just start with an initial scene which interests me - in this case the cat lazing under a tree - and then from there the rest just basically writes itself.  There's certainly an intention to amuse, entertain and to play off different things happening on here (like the TOAD business) but I don't calculate it.  I felt by the end it was more about the inertness of the masculine and the self assertiveness of @questionmark if anything - which is why I was confused by @Yueya's objection. 

The whole purpose of the thread itself is to refocus us as a little band of fellow travellers on a journey of some kind, to try to get back to the lively, funny energy that used to be here and make posting a bit of a joy and not a turgid repetitive bad tempered dispute.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1