Apech

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, sisters and all

.... I also wanted to add to the  others above ..... it doesnt matter if it is 'real' or not ..... does it get you somewhere ! ? *

And in response to Bindi's valid question ;  is that somewhere , above where you have been before  - i other words is it part of an repeating circular track , or a spiral, that each time one does a revolution, more is learned and we gradually rise up .

My personal answer is , over time, I can tell . Some things got me nowhere , others , well, I can tell myself that I am not like I was before in certain ways .  One indication is when 'the pieces ' all start coming together in a wondrous revealing' image'   that gives  transformational growth .

" ... of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres, Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist.

It is immaterial whether these exist or not. By doing certain things certain results will follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them.

3. The advantages to be gained from them are chiefly these:
("a") A widening of the horizon of the mind.
("b") An improvement of the control of the mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bindi said:

In the name of what is ‘Real’ and without trying to be rude at all, assuming that they were evidence of practice done in past lives that comes easily in this life, what evidence is there that it was valuable work then or now? What if you are just repeating a habit that isn’t actually getting you anywhere? 

Does it work is a good gauge, but is it worthwhile is another question. 

do you mean you are being rude without trying? 😀

I don’t mean to be rude either but what does worthwhile mean to you?

I can only say that realizations have this character of real ness about them - there is no doubt after them.  It is hard to describe how but that is how it is.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nungali said:

.... I also wanted to add to the  others above ..... it doesnt matter if it is 'real' or not ..... does it get you somewhere ! ? *

And in response to Bindi's valid question ;  is that somewhere , above where you have been before  - i other words is it part of an repeating circular track , or a spiral, that each time one does a revolution, more is learned and we gradually rise up .

My personal answer is , over time, I can tell . Some things got me nowhere , others , well, I can tell myself that I am not like I was before in certain ways .  One indication is when 'the pieces ' all start coming together in a wondrous revealing' image'   that gives  transformational growth .

" ... of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres, Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist.

It is immaterial whether these exist or not. By doing certain things certain results will follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them.

3. The advantages to be gained from them are chiefly these:
("a") A widening of the horizon of the mind.
("b") An improvement of the control of the mind.

what does getting you somewhere mean tho?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

I can only say that realizations have this character of real ness about them - there is no doubt after them.  It is hard to describe how but that is how it is.

I dont MEAN to be mean  , rude or flattering .

But one can sorta tell  if you been runnin in circles or not , at least , if not in the moment , but over time .    A certain type of person  can ,  that is .

Another type of person seems not to have clue they are chasing their own tails .

Now ... we can tell what type of person Apech is  ...... can't we . 

:) 

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

I suspect I’m often rude without trying. Worthwhile to me means doing what we’re actually here for, like actually getting it right. There are a thousand different methods that achieve a thousand different aims, and each aim has appeared worthwhile to the person who aimed for it and realised it. But that doesn’t make it actually valuable. 

I don’t know what your realisations are, I was referring to the meditational states that you had mentioned falling into as a child, but I’d love to know what your realisations are (so I can be unintentionally rude about them 😜) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Apech said:

what does getting you somewhere mean tho?

'Evolving' , passing 'up' through the 'planetary spheres '  -     shit !   All these words need to be 'enclosed'  ( meaning they have extra meanings than the literal )

Not only passing up through them but letting their paths interact to balance each other   .........

OH !  ... I am taking something for granted here , sorry , (not everyone is a Thelemite !   ;) ;  ) 

Getting you somewhere ?   What does that mean

GOOD QUESTION !

towards or along the path of expressing your True Will, your fundamental, individual ,incarnatory purpose and the offering up of your personal genius , ( your 'Star' ) , your  Khvahranah .

• Like 2

Just now, Nungali said:

'Evolving' , passing 'up' through the 'planetary spheres '  -     shit !   All these words need to be 'enclosed'  ( meaning they have extra meanings than the literal )

Not only passing up through them but letting their paths interact to balance each other   .........

OH !  ... I am taking something for granted here , sorry , (not everyone is a Thelemite !   ;) ;  ) 

Getting you somewhere ?   What does that mean

GOOD QUESTION !

towards or along the path of expressing your True Will, your fundamental, individual ,incarnatory purpose and the offering up of your personal genius , ( your 'Star' ) , your  Khvahranah .

Yes, along these lines. 

• Like 1

' along those threads '

"  Thus we balance the Triads, uniting the Three in One; thus we gather up all the threads of human passion and interest, and weave them into an harmonious tapestry, subtly and diligently with great art, .... an ornament even to the Stars that are in the Heavens at Night. In our rainbow-coloured texture we set forth the glory of the whole Universe— See thou to it, brother Magician, that thine own thread be strong, and pure, and of a colour brilliant in itself, yet ready to mingle in all beauty with those of thy brethren! "

32 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I dont MEAN to be mean  , rude or flattering .

But one can sorta tell  if you been runnin in circles or not , at least , if not in the moment , but over time .    A certain type of person  can ,  that is .

Another type of person seems not to have clue they are chasing their own tails .

Now ... we can tell what type of person Apech is  ...... can't we . 

:) 

:o You don’t mean…

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

The barred owl, z, small group of crows, a couple of squirrels, and a gray fox are huddled inside the forest ranger mobile command center within a hollow poplar tree.

The gray fox spoke to the group of forest rangers, gathered in the mobile command center within the hollow poplar tree, “I have come straight here from my observation post where I was watching the “campers” who still remain in the small meadow and campfire continues to burn.

Old Crow said, “We can see the campfire flickering from here, what are they up to?”

Gray fox said, “You don’t have to be rude, I am about to tell you.”

Old Crow said, “Yes, get on with it.”

Gray fox rolled his eyes, then continued, “So far they seem harmless. They haven’t fell any live trees, only downed dead ones. They are doing the usual campfire stuff, you know, telling a few ghost stories and past lives experiences. I don’t see any reason to notify the opossums about this.”

Old Crow asked, “Is that it? Some ghost stories and past lives experiences.”

Gray fox answered, “Yes, that’s it, except there are new arrivals.”

Owl spun his head half way around, “Whoooo?”

Gray fox said, “Bindi is there now too, and I sniffed out a ralis track.”

Z fell off his perched position a little higher up on a limb, landed with a thud. The squirrels responded to check him out.

Z grumpily told them, “I’m alright, I’m a tough old bird.”

The squirrels backed off, “Ok dude who thinks he’s a blue jay or whatever.”

Z asked Gray fox, “Are you sure it is a ralis track?”

Gray fox said, “Quite sure, no doubt about it,”

Z followed up his inquiry, “Are there exclamation marks there littering up the meadow ?”

Gray fox replied, “Yes, but none were uttered by ralis, but I know a ralis track when I see one.”

Z said, “Very well. That raven is a bit slow returning from coyote. With this track thing, I think it best to keep the opossums contact lines open. There have been no reports posted from trees, flowers, from none really. We can keep a casual eye on it for now. Thank you all for your kind efforts.”

Just then, Owl flew off in a hurry using stealth mode.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bindi said:

:o You don’t mean…

giphy.gif

Thats right  .... I dont mean that . 

Its been a long journey for him ;

ebce4898803f8aaaa8d08231452757eb_7e0118c

The wonders of childhood ;

5fa6388d24c8210b291412a24742383c_1f09114

The rebellious teenage years ;

b37a0d08659e033621f542e32573f5f4_208c13f

Maturing into adulthood;

photo-thumb-3061.jpg

( we always use our best photos  ;)  )

Experiments with enlightenment ;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZNMShsTvR54vbzwfSD4p

and eventually  ;

hqdefault.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxew9d7ce0kNuThwo15Ei

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

rearranging her cloak, she looked at her companions

meditative states in childhood, former lives, transformations, what's real ( real?...really?) is it valuable work, does it work, is it worthwhile....hmmmm, must have dozed off

last I remember 't was about habits, those garments of monks,

oh wait habits, as in old worn out paths leading nowhere

It's all about balance eh, when is a path not 'working' and when to keep on going even though you do not see any 'tangible results'. Now that's where those meditative states in childhood can come in handy, I had a visceral feeling of agony posting that witch-dance. Once burned, twice shy.

On the other hand, those monks live in their habits, for many years they repeat the same rituals, maybe even several lives too, habits are needed. The simple thing of lifting your foot and then setting it down is a habit eh...

Especially when you're wearing a habit...

Stretching herself and yawning, looking at some younger faces in the circle, aaah, to be young again. The vitality and liveliness, their optimism they will reach the goal they've set themselves. What goal, who set that goal, why should there be a goal.

I want to be a great martial arts master, I want to do magic, I want to be the most compassionate person in the village, I want to get enlightened in this life, to get out of the wheel of reincarnation... err....this old earth is lovely my dear,  you get to experience things that are unique to it, don't be hasty in your wanting to leave it forever. Yes, there's pain too and suffering, much suffering.

so we need some goal oriented behavior to get us into these needed ( and often boring) habits of training and sitting (and for some, reading) but somewhere,  somewhen the goal-oriented,  habit-dependent 'me' dissolves ever more.  It's like when the process has started it sustains itself. Like a big chunk of rock-sugar, once you've heated the water enough it will dissolve, but it does take time. Sometimes big chunks dissolve with the smallest stirring, then another long slow soak. One morning you wake up and change has happened again. And yes, that can all be wild imaginative fancy, but to me the difference with the imaginative state is clear when it happens.

This of course is a purely personal take on things, it's this lived experience.

through the lives, you tread some dead ends, you're getting to chase your tail for prolonged times, whether you're a cat or a snake. But is it 'wrong'? Every experience is worth its while and we have time enough, so many lives. Dissolving too fast has it's very own dangers, when you let the water cool that sugar will crystallize again. That might be a reason to go slow or do a bit of tailchasing.

Often it is a very solitary path, it's so good to share a bit of it around the fire.

now for tea and some food, another habit the body depends on.

What is a hoop snake, and why did these Alabamians think they saw one? -  al.com

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 2-2-2022 at 5:29 PM, Apech said:

love that baby laying on of hands pic.

yes, although the pic came from the internet, she's my sister in spirit, one day she'll knock on daobums door and we will let her in. It would be good when more females would come, female energies are needed.

The youth and freshness of small kids is healing in itself, when you enter the place were a newborn is residing you can feel it. That light I was talking of. For them it's there.

People tend to want to lay hands on the head of small kids, that way they can feel the stream of light, even when they're not aware of it.

That fontanelle is still soft and wide open 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Apech said:

Thank you @C T and everyone,

I'm in a pensive mood and thinking about origins.  And lineages.  I was very stuck by @Nungali's 'vision' (to which I could suggest Isis as one name for her).

yes, Isis is good too, so many names

name does not matter really

Even though I have 'settled' for Tibetan Buddhism as practice I am still at heart something of an eclectic.  I have always looked for a system that 'worked' - by that I mean it has to cut through to the real world.  I am a dreamer but not a fantasist.  My whole search has been based on experiences I had as a child - which looking back I would say were spontaneous meditational states, which again I assume without evidence to be based on work done in past lives.

this resonates deeply with me

Anyway the point being whatever i do whatever system I study or practice it all relates back to - is it real, does it work.  This is why I still see myself as an eclectic traveller on the path - which is almost the definition of a Daobum.

It's quite a lonely journey, the path we walk on, and subject to derision and hostility sometimes.  To find friends on here with whom to walk, even for a brief while, is a joy and a support.  We might disagree about a lot of things - but maybe that doesn't matter in the end.

So having done our exorcism let's beam good will to our fellow Bums.

Good will to you all!

"To find friends on here with whom to walk, even for a brief while, is a joy and a support.  We might disagree about a lot of things - but maybe that doesn't matter in the end."

yes, that's why I am glad I returned

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

Apech, Thanks for the friendly invitation. I remember one of my first posts in the Dao Bums was to complement you on the beauty of your cats avatar picture.:blush:

I like reading the posts, and getting advancement ideas from everyone's posts.

I have struggled with the difficulty of expressing/sharing the workings of my path, in normal language. For instants I tried to explain/share part of my path through: story form, then in Neidan terms (epic fail), and then another part through deity yoga (didn’t even make it off of the drawing board).

So after I obtained one of my goals of entering the 4th earth gate I have been sending out what I consider to be helpful transmissions. the effects of which are only observed when I receive enjoyable visits within my circle, mostly from human projectors who are able to pass their consciousness  into the ethereal plane. Thanks for helping me to feel welcome in comradeship.:)

that must be hard, to have problems communicating about the path you're walking. Whether that stems from languageproblems or something else. I have a hard time with the lingo that's getting used by the several people, but within a path it's useful. As it's sort of abbreviations for concepts. Concepts that are often hard or impossible to translate.

It takes me quite a bit of thought and energy to write in English as it is not my mother language and being misunderstood happens easily.

I did not understand your initial post about ethereal transmission, and therefore skipped over it. I feel something very friendly thinking of you, so hoping you will stay at out campfire a bit longer.

@dwai said it beautifully

My teacher always tells us - “I’m always connected to you, even if you are not aware of it.”

To which we ask, “Sifu, does it make a difference if we are aware of it or not?”

His reply (paraphrasing), “It helps more if you are aware, but it helps even if you are not aware.”

I think ymmv is quite apropos here — if you’ve fallen into a poorly lit pit, knowing that a rescue line has been dropped down by someone outside, and knowing what that line looks/feels like will help you pull yourself out. Otherwise, you might find, recognize and use the line eventually, but what if you stayed long enough in the pit that you are incapable of climbing out? Or worse, what if you have grown comfortable in the “safety” o

image.gif.a3375e1e3a011cb52defa9aadbe66141.gifimage.gif.a3375e1e3a011cb52defa9aadbe66141.gifimage.gif.a3375e1e3a011cb52defa9aadbe66141.gifimage.gif.a3375e1e3a011cb52defa9aadbe66141.gifimage.gif.a3375e1e3a011cb52defa9aadbe66141.gif

• Like 4

The white cat dabbed his paw in the pond and watched his reflection ripple.

"What is real?" he thought "and what is not?"

Then as the sun was hidden by sudden cloud.

"And is it even worthwhile to wonder?"

The camp fire cleared, the troupe of Daobums made ready for the day's journey.  They had come far together.  Or so they hoped.  Or had they, as @Bindi feared, just gone round in circles?

Far beyond were snow capped peaks, pink in the morning, and birds of aspiration wheeled in the welkin overhead.  @zerostao ever restless bid them make haste but @mrpasserby and @questionmark ambled slowly and reluctantly at the rear.

"Must I carry all the gear?" grumbled , @Nungali struggling with the great backpack.

"Yes," said @blue eyed snake ," it's good for you."

Slowly the little group made their way through the bush, past winding streams and outcropped rock, up a sharp incline and down into a green valley.  Somewhere far ahead they knew lay the great destination, although they argued long and hard about where it was and what it was.  Still, they were all sure that there was a path they had to follow.  Long and difficult though it may be.

@steve and @dwai urged them on and promised them a pleasant lunch if they persisted and thoughts of a picnic gave them heart.  @natural laughed at the thought of sandwiches and cake.   And so with new enthusiasm  they walked on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Apech said:

The camp fire cleared, the troupe of Daobums made ready for the day's journey.  They had come far together.  Or so they hoped.  Or had they, as @Bindi feared, just gone round in circles?

Far beyond were snow capped peaks, pink in the morning, and birds of aspiration wheeled in the welkin overhead.  @zerostao ever restless bid them make haste but @mrpasserby and @questionmark ambled slowly and reluctantly at the rear.

"Must I carry all the gear?" grumbled , @Nungali struggling with the great backpack.

Slowly the little group made their way through the bush, past winding streams and outcropped rock, up a sharp incline and down into a green valley.  Somewhere far ahead they knew lay the great destination, although they argued long and hard about where it was and what it was.  Still, they were all sure that there was a path they had to follow.  Long and difficult though it may be.

@steve and @dwai urged them on and promised them a pleasant lunch if they persisted and thoughts of a picnic gave them heart.  @natural laughed at the thought of sandwiches and cake.   And so with new enthusiasm  they walked on.

Great insights to each of us deep bow...

• Like 1

@Apech masterfully maintained the threads of the adventure, while calmly guiding the direction when needed. 

What lies in wait for this band of lovable misfits, at their destination? Or is there even a destination?

@dwai fell into a deep reverie, as he  pondered whether the purpose was the journey or the destination. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No one had noticed that one of the band was missing. Left behind at the last stop, CC could be seen in the dwindling glow of the fire. He sat quite still, either not noticing or not caring as the fire slowly died down  and then finally sputtered out, his unmoving hand inches from the pile of wood that had been gathered earlier. In the cold dark he couldn’t see the bright slitted eyes moving stealthily through the forest towards him. 

Edited by Bindi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@mrpasserby suddenly came to a stop and then he waved everyone else on. With a roar, before him appeared a giant nebulas form, some of the group looked back to where the sound came from, then they shouted a demon. @mrpasserby , could be seen rapidly making some sort of hand sigils/mudras, and then the demon quickly changed form, into a little bent over white haired old man, who suddenly through up his hands and then brought them back down in a sign of disgust, then he limped away, and a bright opening appeared.  @mrpasserby looked back at the rest of the group, and seeing that @zerostao@Nungali@blue eyed snake@Nintendao, @silent thunder, @C T, @natural were the ones that had noticed, while @steve , @dwai ,  @natural , @zerostao@steve, @old3bob, @Vajra Fistjoined by @awaken dreaming

,@Apech and @Bindihad continued  on. @mrpasserby  yelled back don't worry I will be along soon, I am just going to show, @questionmark, what's inside of this earth gate.  @questionmark seamed to hesitate to go through the gate, so @mrpasserby  turned away and they both just hurried forward to catch up with the group. 

Edited by mrpasserby
must edit, again
  • Like 3

The old man, threw up his hands in disgust, as he was familiar with the fear and suspicion he evoked on strangers. He wasn’t really a demon, he was actually a native deity who had aged due to the erosion of faith and trust in him over centuries, as mankind lost its moorings and became besotted with science and technology  (the new gods). 

@silent thunder noticed this. He turned back around, and left an offering of a fruit, flowers and mead for this forgotten deity.

• Like 4

@steve slows,

a wide vista opens

divided by a steady current,

this spot seems nice,

he sits and rests the black guitar on one knee,

fondles a khorlo tied at his neck,

i’ll rest here for a while

a beautiful view

expansive in its shared vision

as open as the sky

as alive as the sun

above

a line of friendly clouds

follow the flow 

which has no beginning 

no end

neither here 

nor there

ever and always 

as it is

now

FD3A228A-DBD5-425F-A358-368C38857FC4.jpeg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Apech said:

( A  true snippet from real life , when I was on support crew - and also walked a few sections myself swapping roles  - when I was on 'The Great Escarpment Walk '  ( NSW / Qld Border > Armidale )  the above description reminded me of that adventure  ) 

" The next section is  tough , 2  days without contact , take essentials  we will transport the rest , and we will drive  to rendezvous point , camp ground ; Point Lookout. "

We get there, start setting up camp , making it nice for when they emerge from the bush , tired, scruffy  and dirty  . A nice hearty meal . All done . let's go for a little walk  .... and in the middle of nowhere , whats this ?    A friggin old style iron bath  ! ! !

With great effort it was lugged back to the camp site  and set up .  The next evening ,  exhausted people coming into the clearing a met with a good main camp set up, a nice fire, a big pot of hot nourishing stew and    ....

" What the hell ?  How on earth did you do that ! "

753086d3d48ea5359b996194c613e1ef.jpg

• Haha 3