Apech

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, sisters and all

On 1/31/2022 at 1:37 PM, blue eyed snake said:

you're welcome to step back into the circle of light anytime and ask your questions, inappropriate or not.

If someone sends out a ethereal transmission, to assist in the personal growth of an individual, if no one there is able to receive it. How would you know that it was actually sent?

Blue eyed snake I valued the integrity of your supportive posts when me and star jumper were both supporting the actuality of ethereal dragons that is why I am testing this circle of light question under your posted  comment.

Edited by mrpasserby
clarity
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

If someone sends out a ethereal transmission, to assist in the personal growth of an individual, if no one there is able to receive it. How do you know that it was actually sent?

Blue eyed snake I valued the integrity of your supportive posts when me and star jumper were both supporting the actuality of ethereal dragons that is why I am testing this circle of light question under your posted  comment.

My answer is  ;  if someone is competent enough to really send out an ethereal transmission, to assist in the personal growth of an individual,  then they should at least be competent enough to know if they sent it or not . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

you're welcome to step back into the circle of light anytime and ask your questions

what would still be of quite some interest to me, is the correlations of near-death-experiences, the "white light" and meditative experiences, their conditions, causes and consequences.

it would seem to me, there's some avoidance to share or discuss this in the open,

be nice if I'd be proved wrong.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, questionmark said:

what would still be of quite some interest to me, is the correlations of near-death-experiences, the "white light" and meditative experiences, their conditions, causes and consequences.

it would seem to me, there's some avoidance to share or discuss this in the open,

I've never had a near death experience so I can only report what I have heard - and that is that the clear light experienced at death is the same as the clear light experience through meditation.  As per the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

When you say there's avoidance to discuss this - where did you get this from ?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

If someone sends out a ethereal transmission, to assist in the personal growth of an individual, if no one there is able to receive it. How do you know that it was actually sent?

I don't think I quite understand what you are asking.  Do you mean how do you verify the success of the operation?

• Like 2

As they huddled by the camp fire in the dimming light, the group were suddenly startled by the sound of a loud horn.  Turning they saw approaching from the East a bright light as if a star had fallen to the very earth.  From the direction of this light a white hart darted quickly through the clearing, as the company gasped at such a sight.

Three virgins dressed in the lightest gossamer walked from the light, each holding before them a sacred object.  The first a flat box, the second a great cup and the third a bowl.  In wonder the Daobums gazed upon this sight.  Then with a voice like the soft call of marsh birds from the reeds of the fields of joy, the first maiden spake.

"My name is Ubereats, who is it among you who ordered food delivery?"

"What bringeth thou?" they all called out in unison.

"Pizza, large Sprite and Fries," came the answer, and with that the maidens faded into the night.

The company of friends took the gifts and thanking the Good Lord and the Holy Spirit set down partake thereof.  For it being Lent they would eat Fast food as is customary.

"This tastes of cardboard, " remarked @Nungali pulling a face.

"I think you are supposed to take the pizza out of the box," replied @questionmark.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Early to bed, early to rise, yeah. As I was just about to settle down into the quietude of meditation inside this hollow poplar tree that has been my shelter the past few nights; I heard the crackle, saw the flicker of light, heard some indistinct chatter, then I recognized a cat’s meow. A snake ssssspeaking sssssoftly…. Is that a bushman from down under, in these woods? How the heck,,,

I heard the quiet, thoughtful stepping of a medicine man. I motioned the barred owl out the way, so I could climb up, to look outa small tree hole window, what is the disturbance going on?

I saw a punctuation mark sloshing through the edge of the treeline as it opened to a small meadow. Is that a comma? Knope, a questionmark. That swirly q silhouette revealed itself as it approached the campfire.

Then the bushman and the snake, well I’m knot sure what, but seemed meaningful to them.

I dropped back down, looked at the owl who was as perplexed as me. The owl decided to do a fly by reconnaissance, gather a bit of intelligence.

Upon the owl’s return, it reported that that bushman had said to someone we hadn’t realized was even there. The bushman said to this creature who arrived with a couple of nocturnal dragon flies; a darner and a skimmer. According to the owl, bushman said, “m r knot.” And then the other one said, “m r 2. M r passerby !!”

Owl continued, “punctuation mark made a punctual comment.” “Were there any exclamation marks present?” I asked. The owl said, “knope.” Ah, I stroked my beard, just as I thought, no ralis there.

“Did a large Sprite, fire flies, and izzza, whatever that is arrive in a vehicle? I asked owl,

Owl chortled as barred owls are prone to do. “As I was leaving the campfire, I let them know I was there. Who cooks for you, who, who cooks for you all?”

“And did they answer?” I asked.

“Knope, but it was an uber and it was pizza, soft drink, and fries.”

“An uber? What a strange night this is.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nungali said:

Vincent%20Price.jpg?itok=6mHmlFR7

Why, my dear, I have pictures of all the Daobums when they where little children  ...... in my file .

Somehow  reconciling this creepy big brother like character with the guy attracting hippy-girls to his bed ain't easy,

bit of a split personality?

• Haha 1

May I make my fond excuses for the lateness of the hour,
but we accept your invitation, and we bring you Beltane's flower.
For the May Day is the great day, sung along the old straight track.
And those who ancient lines did lay will heed the song that calls them back.
Pass the word and pass the lady, pass the plate to all who hunger.
Pass the wit of ancient wisdom, pass the cup of crimson wonder.
Ask the green man where he comes from, ask the cup that fills with red.
Ask the old grey standing stones that show the sun its way to bed.
Question all as to their ways, and learn the secrets that they hold.
Walk the lines of nature's palm crossed with silver and with gold.
Pass the cup and pass the lady, pass the plate to all who hunger.
Join in black December's sadness, lie in August's welcome corn.
Stir the cup that's ever-filling with the blood of all that's born.
But the May Day is the great day, sung along the old straight track.
And those who ancient lines did lay will heed this song that calls them back.

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, questionmark said:

ah, sometimes questions just are not seen by the right people, or you get drowned in terminology. From the pov from the poster they have answered, but you just read a message that half of the words and concepts mean about nothing to you. 

I had a near death experience as a teen, the memory of it is still fresh in me, as if it was yesterday and I have been crying my eyes out for weeks because I was not allowed to go further and dropped back into my body.

3 hours ago, Apech said:

I can only report what I have heard - and that is that the clear light experienced at death is the same as the clear light experience through meditation.  As per the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

I agree with Apech here, although I would say that it is not the same light but it sort of comes from the same source. ( plus it's time for me to read the Tibetan book of the dead, thanks for the tip @Apech)

I also feel it is sort of connected to the white light that in some people enters in the crown of the head, Christians call it the holy spirit ( I think, not well versed in reading books, probably only the more esoteric Christians )

There is an interview with a monk about that somewhere on the forum, maybe someone knows where to find that.

Concerning correlations, causes and consequences, this is not science my dear, this is something else and not the sort of thing you can measure and put into neat columns. This is a field of deep experiences and I learned ( the hard way) that my analyzing mind was hindrance rather then help.

However, a landsman of mine has written some things about the near death experience that may interest you. He's a cardiologist and has asked a lot of people who had a cardiac arrest whether they had experienced something unusual during the time they were unconscious. Roughly one in 6 had an near death experience. His little piece of prospective research made it into the Lancet and there's a dutch website about it here

https://pimvanlommel.nl/eindeloos-bewustzijn/

on this page you find a link to the lancet article

https://pimvanlommel.nl/eindeloos-bewustzijn/lancet-artikel/

The other pages hold nice bits of information too, this fi may be a good read for you.

https://pimvanlommel.nl/eindeloos-bewustzijn/commentaar-op-prof-swaab/

( oh, I now see the whole website can be translated to english with a button right upper corner)

I am not a Christian, but for me this painting does sort of say what my words cannot.

Remove the preconceived notions about Mary you may have and only look at the picture, what the light does to the people, most of them are totally overwhelmed. Their bodies crumble down. The light can be unbearable for the unprepared mind. Once touched by it you never forget.

The Virgin Mary: The First Lady of Pentecost – Daniel Tomberlin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Apech said:

Three virgins dressed in the lightest gossamer walked from the light, each holding before them a sacred object.  The first a flat box, the second a great cup and the third a bowl.  In wonder the Daobums gazed upon this sight.  Then with a voice like the soft call of marsh birds from the reeds of the fields of joy, the first maiden spake.

taking a bit of waybread out of her cloak the lady looked around at the faces of her companions. Which faces lit up with the the sudden appearance of food, which did look disappointed with the sudden disappearance of those scarcely clad maidens.

One learns so much from quiet observation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, old3bob said:

It so good to be seated around the campfire again @old3bob

although many faces seem to be missing I for one am glad to be back.

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

I also feel it is sort of connected to the white light that in some people enters in the crown of the head, Christians call it the holy spirit ( I think, not well versed in reading books, probably only the more esoteric Christians )

There is an interview with a monk about that somewhere on the forum, maybe someone knows where to find that.

Perked up from a nap in a nearby thicket,

a yoshi dashed off as quick as a cricket,

returned with an article pulled from a portal,

"Ooh that's a neat interview!" they chortled.

On 8/8/2013 at 5:21 PM, ॐDominicusॐ said:

One of the factors of Christianity that is interesting that is not found that much in many other paths is that of Ego-Death through Grace by the Holy Spirit entering the top of the head and opening all the channels and illuminating Awareness, while detaching all else. I believe I've come across something similar in my studies of Kashmir Shaivism. Also some people claim that Kundalini is the Holy Spirit, however I'm not to sure about that as Kundalini tends to be from the perenium and up the spine to the crown, whereas the Holy Spirit enters the head and goes down tot he feet. I would have to brush up on my studies however by researching the word Grace and it's existence in all the other paths

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/30995-insights-from-a-christian-monk-esoteric-christianity-as-a-legit-path/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

My teacher always tells us - “I’m always connected to you, even if you are not aware of it.”

To which we ask, “Sifu, does it make a difference if we are aware of it or not?”

His reply (paraphrasing), “It helps more if you are aware, but it helps even if you are not aware.”

I think ymmv is quite apropos here — if you’ve fallen into a poorly lit pit, knowing that a rescue line has been dropped down by someone outside, and knowing what that line looks/feels like will help you pull yourself out. Otherwise, you might find, recognize and use the line eventually, but what if you stayed long enough in the pit that you are incapable of climbing out? Or worse, what if you have grown comfortable in the “safety” of said pit? 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Apech said:

As they huddled by the camp fire in the dimming light, the group were suddenly startled by the sound of a loud horn.  Turning they saw approaching from the East a bright light as if a star had fallen to the very earth.  From the direction of this light a white hart darted quickly through the clearing, as the company gasped at such a sight.

"My name is Ubereats, who is it among you who ordered food delivery?"

"What bringeth thou?" they all called out in unison.

"Pizza, large Sprite and Fries," came the answer, and with that the maidens faded into the night.

The company of friends took the gifts and thanking the Good Lord and the Holy Spirit set down partake thereof.  For it being Lent they would eat Fast food as is customary.

"This tastes of cardboard, " remarked @Nungali pulling a face.

"I think you are supposed to take the pizza out of the box," replied @questionmark.

Lockdown comedy  sketch on tv

Knock knock .... husband and wife look at each other strangely , one goes  to door  " Who is it ?"

"Pizza Man " .

Annoyed , opens door  " We asked for contactless delivery . "

" Yeah ..... but its hard to get a tip that way . "

They take the box , feel it is light, open it  "  This is an empty box . "

"  I was told to leave the pizza on the doorstep . "

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

Somehow  reconciling this creepy big brother like character with the guy attracting hippy-girls to his bed ain't easy,

bit of a split personality?

Nah !

'Split' implies only two .

2 hours ago, old3bob said:

May I make my fond excuses for the lateness of the hour,
but we accept your invitation, and we bring you Beltane's flower.
For the May Day is the great day, sung along the old straight track.
And those who ancient lines did lay will heed the song that calls them back.
Ask the green man where he comes from, ask the cup that fills with red.
Ask the old grey standing stones that show the sun its way to bed.
Question all as to their ways, and learn the secrets that they hold.
Walk the lines of nature's palm crossed with silver and with gold.
Pass the cup and pass the lady, pass the plate to all who hunger.
Join in black December's sadness, lie in August's welcome corn.
Stir the cup that's ever-filling with the blood of all that's born.
But the May Day is the great day, sung along the old straight track.
And those who ancient lines did lay will heed this song that calls them back.

Sorry , your  other poem was deemed  too controversial Gerald

taabFeat.jpg?w=980&q=75

4 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

ah, sometimes questions just are not seen by the right people, or you get drowned in terminology. From the pov from the poster they have answered, but you just read a message that half of the words and concepts mean about nothing to you. 

I had a near death experience as a teen, the memory of it is still fresh in me, as if it was yesterday and I have been crying my eyes out for weeks because I was not allowed to go further and dropped back into my body.

I agree with Apech here, although I would say that it is not the same light but it sort of comes from the same source. ( plus it's time for me to read the Tibetan book of the dead, thanks for the tip @Apech)

Concerning correlations, causes and consequences, this is not science my dear, this is something else and not the sort of thing you can measure and put into neat columns. This is a field of deep experiences and I learned ( the hard way) that my analyzing mind was hindrance rather then help.

However, a landsman of mine has written some things about the near death experience that may interest you. He's a cardiologist and has asked a lot of people who had a cardiac arrest whether they had experienced something unusual during the time they were unconscious. Roughly one in 6 had an near death experience. His little piece of prospective research made it into the Lancet and there's a dutch website about it here

https://pimvanlommel.nl/eindeloos-bewustzijn/

on this page you find a link to the lancet article

https://pimvanlommel.nl/eindeloos-bewustzijn/lancet-artikel/

The other pages hold nice bits of information too, this fi may be a good read for you.

https://pimvanlommel.nl/eindeloos-bewustzijn/commentaar-op-prof-swaab/

( oh, I now see the whole website can be translated to english with a button right upper corner)

I am not a Christian, but for me this painting does sort of say what my words cannot.

Remove the preconceived notions about Mary you may have and only look at the picture, what the light does to the people, most of them are totally overwhelmed. Their bodies crumble down. The light can be unbearable for the unprepared mind. Once touched by it you never forget.

The Virgin Mary: The First Lady of Pentecost – Daniel Tomberlin

For me , 'Mary' was IN the light . I was about 9.  After a 'few preliminaries' to do with a ' hypnagogic ' effect of sun on water and other things  I looked up  - a blinding white light  that 'split open' and allowed me to see into it and there she was . I had no recognition of 'Mary' at that stage, although she looked pretty much like her I realised later .

This has probably been one of the most significant events in my spiritual life  .  Constantly , and continually more has been revealed to me about this as time passed .    So many things have slotted together around this ;  my source of wisdom and  genius * , intuitions, knowledge , 'protections' , 'leadings' ,   my  astrological make up , my  work , spiritual connections all through my life .

Stella Maris , patron and protector of mariners and all those that travel upon the sea - Our Lady, the Star of the Sea .  A guiding light , a lighthouse to illuminate the dangerous shore  and rocks of disaster  or refuge.  And what is this Sea ? It s the depth of the psyche, the unconscious , The Great Sea - Binah - The Great Mother ,  to which we shall return .

a6328c34ca34e82ac3fcd23fa73a95a0.jpg  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXSHn_-sf24AuFLS-kP8U  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZQsXLsI2H8p04DBaYOPrimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb1JXrhFb3Hqhpqay_-yE

(I have noticed the pictures of her in her form ' Madonna de la  Guadalupe', is often depicted with a similar  light / sky  'peeling back / splitting open '  ?  'aura'  to reveal her within ;

image.png.1b4536ae5655d5f9e611816367b5c31e.png

My parents  even sent me to 'Our Lady Star of the Sea primary school  .

Later research revealed   to me another way to look at  and comprehend the  nature  of our 'soul'   ;

https://www.theoi.com/Ouranios/Psykhe.html

Then I discovered the Zoroastrian concept of 'The Daena ' .  As much as I can make out ,  forces deep within our psyche interact during life , we may or may not become aware of them , investigate them ..... decide to dedicate ourselves to the path of the psychonaut , or not .  The  Psykhe myth seems to explain them well  ; the characters of the  soul, ego the 'Id'   ( " DO NOT look at him in the light  ... { Psykhe's 'jealous sisters' }  ... you have been married to a monster ! " )   and other internal dynamics .

At death, 'the cords are loosened '  and our various parts separate .  I think the soul 'takes off' and another part of us ,  follows it and 'goes into the light'   , 'ascends the ladder'  'crosses the bridge' .  In Zoroastrianism it is the 'Chinvat Bridge ' and on the other side of it  is our Daena , our luminous soul that leads us into the realm , beyond that bridge .

What 'builds up' our Daena , our companion ?  First and  most basically, the '3 principles' of good thoughts words and deed  but also ;

" Daena is a feminine noun which translates to "that which is seen or observed". In Zoroastrianism: An Introduction to an Ancient Faith, Peter Clark suggests that the term might also be tied to the Avestan root "deh" or "di-" to gain understanding

"The Vendidad portrays Daena as something of a psychopomp "

" ... the ruvan encounters the dainā, which is an embodiment of the sum of its deeds during life, "

" ... the moral element in personality ."

Meh < waves them away with his hand  >    Not many westerners seem to realise the import and significance of Zoroastrianism ( being a repository  and origin of MANY  forms of western   spiritual concepts, religion and magic  ( ' Magi  ;) ) .

here is 'the juice'     ;

https://iranicaonline.org/articles/den

“the sum of man’s spiritual attributes and individuality, vision, inner self, conscience, religion.”

" In the Gathas daēnā (which is only “ahuric”) denotes “vision, conscience, individuality.” Stanley Insler (p. 69) suggests “conception,”

" In the Avesta (q.v.) daēnā in the sense of “conscience” is one of the five spiritual faculties, together with axw “vital strength,” baoδah “perception,” urvan “soul,” and fravaši “the everlasting and heavenly tutelary of material beings” (Y. 26.4)."

" the ruvan encounters the dainā, which is an embodiment of the sum of its deeds during life, "

Dēn is not only divine wisdom but also its emanation as innate human wisdom (āsn-xrad), a principle with far-reaching implications, for all beneficial knowledge thus of necessity falls within the compass of dēn. This important feature is apparent ....

W T F  ! 

campfire-portrait-260nw-68305798.jpg

Everyone's  gone to  bed  ! 

*  'genius'

https://appliedjung.com/your-daemon-your-genius/

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

It so good to be seated around the campfire again @old3bob

although many faces seem to be missing I for one am glad to be back.

And I was supposed to be 'creepy '  ! 

People sitting around a campfire at night  ....... with their faces missing  ! 

YIKES !  

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Nungali said:

nah, but no energy to write more, thanks for this post, you know so much

will reread tomorrow

• Like 2

I just noticed something curious about the light beams here , particularly the end of each light beam - more prominent on those to the right ... the little flames  that 'light' their 'crown chakras' up * .

Pentecost-Mary-1024x602.jpg&key=49c134a6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZuc6f_WSQKDUV18pMuhg

In my experience the light came out from  Mary / Moon / Queen of the Stars / 'Cosmomum ' ,  'my soul'  * , in a beam and smacked me dead centre forehead / ' third eye '  ... where I remained transfixed for some time .  A LOT of info passed along that beam .... I am still  accessing it to this day .   As I move on along towards death ,  it continues to open like a beautiful and radient flower .

* which now, to me,  is revealing itself as something entirely different to a 'spirit' or an 'astral double'  or anything else .

• Thanks 5

12 hours ago, Nungali said:

...snip

12 hours ago, Nungali said:

https://www.theoi.com/Ouranios/Psykhe.html

Then I discovered the Zoroastrian concept of 'The Daena ' .  As much as I can make out ,  forces deep within our psyche interact during life , we may or may not become aware of them , investigate them ..... decide to dedicate ourselves to the path of the psychonaut , or not .  The  Psykhe myth seems to explain them well  ; the characters of the  soul, ego the 'Id'   ( " DO NOT look at him in the light  ... { Psykhe's 'jealous sisters' }  ... you have been married to a monster ! " )   and other internal dynamics .

At death, 'the cords are loosened '  and our various parts separate .  I think the soul 'takes off' and another part of us ,  follows it and 'goes into the light'   , 'ascends the ladder'  'crosses the bridge' .  In Zoroastrianism it is the 'Chinvat Bridge ' and on the other side of it  is our Daena , our luminous soul that leads us into the realm , beyond that bridge .

What 'builds up' our Daena , our companion ?  First and  most basically, the '3 principles' of good thoughts words and deed  but also ;

" Daena is a feminine noun which translates to "that which is seen or observed". In Zoroastrianism: An Introduction to an Ancient Faith, Peter Clark suggests that the term might also be tied to the Avestan root "deh" or "di-" to gain understanding

"The Vendidad portrays Daena as something of a psychopomp "

" ... the ruvan encounters the dainā, which is an embodiment of the sum of its deeds during life, "

" ... the moral element in personality ."

Meh < waves them away with his hand  >    Not many westerners seem to realise the import and significance of Zoroastrianism ( being a repository  and origin of MANY  forms of western   spiritual concepts, religion and magic  ( ' Magi  ;) ) .

here is 'the juice'     ;

https://iranicaonline.org/articles/den

“the sum of man’s spiritual attributes and individuality, vision, inner self, conscience, religion.”

" In the Gathas daēnā (which is only “ahuric”) denotes “vision, conscience, individuality.” Stanley Insler (p. 69) suggests “conception,”

" In the Avesta (q.v.) daēnā in the sense of “conscience” is one of the five spiritual faculties, together with axw “vital strength,” baoδah “perception,” urvan “soul,” and fravaši “the everlasting and heavenly tutelary of material beings” (Y. 26.4)."

" the ruvan encounters the dainā, which is an embodiment of the sum of its deeds during life, "

Dēn is not only divine wisdom but also its emanation as innate human wisdom (āsn-xrad), a principle with far-reaching implications, for all beneficial knowledge thus of necessity falls within the compass of dēn. This important feature is apparent ....

W T F  ! 

*  'genius'

https://appliedjung.com/your-daemon-your-genius/

I'm up.

Very interesting and thought provoking, thanks N.

• Like 1