Aletheia

The Problem With The Forum Admin...

3 hours ago, Kar3n said:

Do not feed 

The thread will wash away.

#tdbcultivation101

Hehehe.  That has never worked.  They have to be fed.

I like Mo Pai.  I even like our Admin and Mods.

I still piss me off sometimes though.

• Like 6

If anyone has a problem with Tao Bums or admin there is a simple solution, move on.

The eclectic and diverse background of many can be casually discussed and challenged here.

It is all part of the training, if one wishes.

There are no problems only solutions. 

If one feels empowered or in a state of authority on a certain subject there lies the problem. The solution, give up, enjoy, play do not allow others to steal your peace, easily said and difficult to practice.

Some challenges can knock one of their center, keep the center and all energies will stay in their own orbit and harmonize with ours.. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Aletheia said:

Anyway I'm going to go and read some of my books, carry on practicing and keep on improving.

There you go! Enough with the nonsense.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aletheia said:

There's a serious problem on this forum concerning the qigong abilities of the admin. ....

Aletheia, good morning!

Thanks for your concern, we all care about this place! You might be starting from an incorrect idea however: The Dao Bums is not a 'qigong forum'.

There are indeed some here who practice qigong, and share their ideas about it, and some are more advanced than others - both in skills and concepts - but the primary purpose of TDB is to provide a place where we all can share ideas and heart about spiritual things - and how we approach life with the perspectives we embrace.

The primary purpose of the Admin/Mods is to sustain this environment wherin that sharing is able to occur... always trying to balance  between a heavy hand when personal threats etc occur - and a light hand enabling us bums to handle the chaff on our own lol. They, and we, are doing a pretty good job of it, imo.

Perhaps a separate 'Qigong' sub-section could be added to TDB somewhere, for the bums so inclined, and all the Q-wars over who is more right could do battle there!

I recall years ago when all the Buddhists we're given their own sections to keep all the Taoist threads from innundation. :lol:

However things play out, I wish you well and peace on your path.

warm regards

• Like 12

Actually, I think we are very lucky to have a group of Admin and Moderators that are in general so spiritually advanced. They all seem to have a broader understanding and various levels/skills with energy. Many of them even have the ability to remotely project and share energy. Very cool stuff. :)

• Like 10

Many forums exist which are based on some authoritative interpretation of spirituality - Daoist, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, as well as those which choose to define proper and improper practices like Qigong, Neigong, Yoga, whatever...

Perhaps you would prefer to interact in such an environment Aletheia.

The tricky part is making sure you, or one you happen to support, establishes that authority, yes?

I suspect part of the reason Sean established this forum was to free us from the bias of an authoritative position on spirituality and practices.

All we have here is an authority empowered to enforce non-abusive behavior.

Some of us can't even handle that...

• Like 10

6 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

And then there is the ultimate "catch 22" commodity fetish of qigong masters - John Chang.

So with John Chang there is this strange "double bind" were his supposed followers can't really follow him as direct students since his school is closed (meaning a number of closed things) and yet these supposed followers then reclaim their direct student authenticity by insisting that they too are "closed" from commenting on what John Chang's real teachings exactly are.

So this is double hilarious when we consider the overlap of the MoPai Mendacities with the various sub-schools that tie into other teachers - who then have prominent student posters on this site - like the student of Gary Clyman who also claims he holds some secret to success and yet, for that reason, can't unleash it to the masses, since it will spawn too many evil powerful people. haha.

Void,

I think we've made our position very clear.   Lot's of people want to claim we are "western" MoPai followers as if what Jim and Kosta brought home is different than what the Indonesian students were taught.  Jim actually made it further than most of the Indonesian students and was tested each level by John himself and John verified Jim passed the test to progress. 

The only difference between the Indonesian school and us is they if they are lucky would be able to progress to level 4 and be allowed to copy the MoPai manual written in ancient Chinese, and we don't have that option.   The teachings we do have though are the same as what they have. 

We don't comment on what was taught because we can't here in this environment.

As to Gary Clyman,  I don't think anyone of our group that I am aware of is interested in him.

• Like 1

What they said. B)

9 minutes ago, steve said:

Many forums exist which are based on some authoritative interpretation of spirituality - Daoist, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, as well as those which choose to define proper and improper practices like Qigong, Neigong, Yoga, whatever...

Perhaps you would prefer to interact in such an environment Aletheia.

The tricky part is making sure you, or one you happen to support, establishes that authority, yes?

I suspect part of the reason Sean established this forum was to free us from the bias of an authoritative position on spirituality and practices.

Some of us can't even handle that...

40 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Actually, I think we are very lucky to have a group of Admin and Moderators that are in general so spiritually advanced. They all seem to have a broader understanding and various levels/skills with energy. Many of them even have the ability to remotely project and share energy. Very cool stuff. :)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, steve said:

Yeppers. And, if left up to me, anyone who doesn't know who Father Paul was, would be sent packing. ^_^ Long live the true Bums!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Spiritually advanced? Exactly, how is that characterized?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

This girl in first grade kept insisting my name spelled backwards was Weird.

Most people are still thinking and being lead around like a dog on a leash by the biases and properties of ocular conception's constipated linguistics -- seeing is believing -- when in fact the path to true riches are veiled offsprings of occulted grounds!

Edited by Aletheia

7 hours ago, Hancock said:

Who is Drew? 

drew is Keyser Söze's internet persona. Is he really real or a shadowy mirage dancing inside the techno-storm kicking into existence by a pixelated plasma-field? No body knows and in case at this post-historic stage what's the difference?

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

Personally, I think it is contagious.

North Korea is allied with Syria, Cuba, Venezuela and Iran, you know.

Wait, am I in the right thread???

:ph34r:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ilovecoffee said:

As to Gary Clyman,  I don't think anyone of our group that I am aware of is interested in him.

That was not directed at you, there is a thread devoted to the subject though. 

And as many threads, it goes awry. 

59 minutes ago, ralis said:

Spiritually advanced? Exactly, how is that characterized?

As I mentioned in the post, I was basing my comments on their ability to feel and manipulate energy. In particular, some of them can do it remotely over distance. Their experience is definitely beyond the classic "book reader" forum type. 

• Like 4

Please read this post and the following posts to see what I'm talking about -

The last time I said something I was suspended for speaking up and please keep in mind I have healed in front of witnesses using qi projection. Although I'll admit I'm still pretty much a beginner and not pretending I'm anywhere near advanced levels.

WHERE ARE THE MODS WITH REAL EXTERNAL ABILITIES?

I come to this forum to learn from people -- believe it or not I'm really serious about these things. I'm not here to be snipped at and insulted by pretenders.

If the mods had any skills this kind of thing would not be allowed to happen. I'm not going around insulting people and yet for some reason it's okay for everyone to take aim at me. I'm not talking about my ego being hurt here. THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM. The problem is the mods are not in a position to pass judgement on what I'm saying and moreover they're siding with someone that knows jackshit!

Edited by Aletheia

Seems to me that you have been talking shit about the forum's management team for days now and yet the oppressive action you rail against hasn't happened.

You aren't alone in this... how shall I put it? ...this misguided crusade. ("This is what I've been talking about -- come see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!") We currently have several posters who seem to see repression hiding behind every tree -- one of them has been prophesizing his own unwarranted permaban for months now and, try as he might, he just can't seem to pull it off.

Most curious part, I think, is that these posters' language patterns even start to resemble each other -- and I mean beyond the predictable victimhood rhetoric.  It is quite remarkable.

Edited by Brian
Stupid smartphone...
  • Like 6

Er, you don't seem to be "getting it" Aletheia...

Maybe it would help for you to read this again: (Maybe even bookmark it...)

"~ Welcome! ~
TheDàoBums is an open internet forum for the discussion of the internal arts.  Outside the boundaries of any one tradition or school, though leaning toward eastern influenced thought and practices, it is eclectic, egalitarian and lively.  Membership is free of cost (though donations are accepted).

TDBs' Cultural Context and Founding Principles
The purpose of this document is to concisely state the most fundamental framework principles that give TDBs it's distinctive shape.  This is not "all the rules, permutations, etc",  just the steel beams.

TDBs exists in the general field of "The Search for Truth".
The Usual organized formats (schools) for The Search tend to have:
    1. focus exclusively within a school
    2. hierachical learning structure, hierachical ability to speak
TheDàoBums' founding principles form a deliberate cultural counter-point:
    1. run independently of any school, which allows a more eclectic atmosphere
    2. conversational learning, egalitarian ability for members to speak
TDBs' social format is "cafeteria", not "classroom".  It's part of TDBs' premise that, broadly in culture, these two formats are necessary, distinct yet complementary.

TheDàoBums has a strong egalitarian ethic in that it's whole purpose is to provide a civil very open context for member conversations.  However, its governance structure is mostly top down; it's not a democracy.
- admins - own / run the board
- moderators - enforce rules
- members - converse  :)

TDBs' Conversational Context:
1. At TDBs member participation in conversation is non-hierarchical.  Meaning, members have equal ability to talk regardless of level of knowledge, achievement, or status / credentials of any kind.  TDBs has an underlying ethic of valuing the communication of each person.

2. TDBs most basic rules about conversation are around civility(leaving enough flexibility for lively debate).  A moderator's basic role is to moderate members' uncivility toward each other in coversation.  Members support this process by 'reporting' offending posts.

A fictional example of how 1&2 shake out:
If there's a TDBs debate about music between Mozart vs a beginning piano player, and it becomes heated enough that reports are generated for moderator consideration then, still, "level of knowledge, achievement, or status" are not basis for moderation.  Civility is, applied equally to each member.

It's up to each member, not moderators, to sort out the truth (and other questions of quality) for themselves in conversation.  Moderators just keep the conversation civil within reasonable limits.  For issues of staff bias, members can contact the current admin.

The staff (admins, moderators) also deserve and have protection against uncivility and against abuse of staff resources.  Staff protection is enforced at the discretion of the admin.  The admin also has broad discretion to protect the civility and resources of any aspect within TDBs e-community.

signed,

- Trunk, author

- Sean, owner of TheDàoBums"

The mods are not here to demonstrate, or judge, skills. They are here to keep us civil.

Their own skills and development are entirely their own business.

• Like 5

Brain, you think it's maybe more than just these guys seeing all the attention the last guy got out of trying to troll the staff? Hmmm....

14 minutes ago, Brian said:

Most curious part, I think, is that these posters' language patterns even start to resemble each other -- and I mean beyond the predictable victimhood rhetoric.  It is quite remarkable.

It wouldn't surprise me if they all were the same person. I've seen all sorts of bizarre behaviour over the years on forums. :lol:

21 minutes ago, cheya said:

Brain, you think it's maybe more than just these guys seeing all the attention the last guy got out of trying to troll the staff? Hmmm....

:)

Yeah, honestly, I think it is.  Sadly so.  One of the people I am thinking of is truly a troll in the classic sense but with an odd crusader ideology/pathology going on.  The others seem totally sincere in their persecution complexes.

Strangely, these birds seem to be flocking together (and they, not surprisingly, gain moral support & encouragement from some predictable corners).

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Brian said:

one of them has been prophesizing his own unwarranted permaban for months now and, try as he might, he just can't seem to pull it off.

You criticize me for shutting down veins of discussion that I know will lead to 100 pages of nonsense trolling, but what you don't understand is the reason behind that because I also know it would result in a suspension or ban even if no forum rules get broken. 

• Like 1