Aletheia

The Problem With The Forum Admin...

10 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Why not?  This forum allows you and your idol to rant on about how the whole forum is  wrong and inappropriate  and false and and and   ....  

Why are your posts allowed on this forum   ....   Hmmmmmm  ....   ? 

Should the ones you don't like be not allowed, yet yours allowed ?

His trolling is unsolvable, I'm putting him back on ignore.  Everyone have a nice ass day now.

Edited by Starjumper

I love having no double standards.  I'm not suggest that this site is perfect but I rarely see something that could be considered double standards.

The Mods try to be non-invasive.  I actually like the way they are performing now.  And as far as I can see they are not taking sides except perhaps when they are posting as a regular member.

• Like 1

Mod notice

We actually have had one report, and the person involved has been asked to edit their post.

We prefer people to edit their own posts and so I have notified offending party to that effect.  More action may follow, but I am the only one online now, under the circumstances that is about all I am willing to do.  Please keep centered and consider how much of a fool you might be making yourself appear to be for the sake of a cheap shot at someone else.

Zhongyongdaoist

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Why not?  This forum allows you and your idol to rant on about how the whole forum is  wrong and inappropriate  and false and and and   ....  

It looks like you're just trying to stir up trouble, an could you not do that please. It just seems like an intentional provocation to get Alethia to defend their position an react negatively. 

If I'm wrong let me know. I apologize.

But I just want to make it clear, these posts where people stir trouble are some of the issues with misconduct on this forum.

Expressing our opinions and views can be done without personally attacking another person's perspective. 

Hope everyone chills out.

Again Nungali, if I'm wrong g an you weren't trying to solely get a rise from Alethia, then I apologize.

Either way, going to catch IP man on Netflix an chill. So I'm out.

26 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

No I'm not reporting posts. That whole way of thinking just descends into anarchistic nihilism whereby the rules keep being drawn back to the lowest common denominator -- namely those still caught up with emotional issues dictating the general rule structure of the forum because they're the one's most easily offended by things.

If I believed that system could work I would readily participate in the process. As things stand I've never reported any posts to anyone on the forum. I might see something and wonder exactly how deranged someone's world-view is for them to be thinking such thoughts and I just leave it at that and go browse something else.

But for the sanity of the forum and for people to make real progress I think something has to happen with the modding of the forum. I don't believe it's going to happen and just from my personal perspective it's not really going to effect my progress. But I do believe people will and are suffering the consequences.

I vote for drew to be mod if you want my opinion. That's if he wants to be a mod here!

Well done on completely misunderstanding how this place works and what it is for.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Lol! Seriously saw that an just burst out laughing.  Thanks all that tension from my last post just melted away. Good one Brian.

I war to add, if you weren't joking an were insulted, that's not my intention to offend you.  I just naturally found your post hilarious. No offense intended Brian

None taken, my friend.

I find most things are amusing if you don't take them too seriously.

Especially me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian said:

None taken, my friend.

I find most things are amusing if you don't take them too seriously.

Especially me.

Yes you are amusing Brian :)

Just now, Apech said:

Well done on completely misunderstanding how this place works and what it is for.

It was quite impressive, I thought.

<golf-clap>

• Like 3

Just now, Apech said:

Yes you are amusing Brian :)

I amuse myself -- anything else is just gravy.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I'll tell you "why not" because it's just a personal attack, no better than a child in the play ground calling someone a name and then running away. If you think there's something wrong with drew's work you need to show first that you understand the work in a broad sense and then point out the problem and explain where it's going wrong.

Say Lomax posts something and I reply saying Lomax you're a fucking dick sucking tranny speedo wearing whore. The error in my thinking would be that what I have said doesn't address anything concerning the topic at hand and moreover I've really just provided a grandstand for my emotions to let rip and really made a complete idiot of myself.

Now the last time I checked this is a qigong forum so it ought to be a place where serious practitioners can learn and exchange ideas. Right now that is not happening and I think that's a problem.

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WuDao said:

Sorry, guess I need a scorecard to keep you guys sorted. Not interested in your evasions; I was genuinely interested, thought you might help me see what the problem was. Oh well. Peace out. (-:

I gave you a serious answer,  I am not trying to discuss training methodologies here on this forum.  I only defend against, the "you stuff wires in your butt" type nonsense.

22 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

Now the last time I checked this is a qigong forum so it ought to be a place where serious practitioners can learn and exchange ideas. Right now that is not happening and I think that's a problem.

It's not happening right now because this is a delusionally dramatic thread, which isn't about any discussion of qigong. Use the search function and bask in the abundance of qigong posts...years worth. Or post a new thread that's solely about discussing qigong, and discover to your amazement that the moderators don't do anything to stop it.

8 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I gave you a serious answer,  I am not trying to discuss training methodologies here on this forum.  I only defend against, the "you stuff wires in your butt" type nonsense.

Except he did stuff wires in his butt, or at least he said he did, in the forum, and in PM to me - when I asked him privately about the theory behind the practice.

Expecting people to not react or laugh at something so extreme might not be realistic.

TDB might not be controlled enough for your liking... but what in life is? Maybe our looking at what really bothers us - and exploring why something bothers us - is more useful than having a bubble-wrapped environment.

That which pisses me off is the best mirror I have.

warm greetings

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Except he did stuff wires in his butt, or at least he said he did, in the forum, and in PM to me - when I asked him privately about the theory behind the practice.

Expecting people to not react or laugh at something so extreme might not be realistic.

TDB might not be controlled enough for your liking... but what in life is? Maybe our looking at what really bothers us - and exploring why something bothers us - is more useful than having a bubble-wrapped environment.

That which pisses me off is the best mirror I have.

warm greetings

Jim sat in a tent with the bottom cut out so he could be in direct contact with the earth.

John told him if it snowed or rained, he could have a grounding wire for indoor use.

The preferred method has been and always will be sitting outside on the ground. 

If you want to turn this in to a "you stuff wires up your butt" round of nonsense hey go ahead more power to you.

Edited by Ilovecoffee
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Brian said:

I amuse myself -- anything else is just gravy.

Gravy is ok with me I'm not vegetarian.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

It's not happening right now because this is a delusionally dramatic thread, which isn't about any discussion of qigong. Use the search function and bask in the abundance of qigong posts...years worth. Or post a new thread that's solely about discussing qigong, and discover to your amazement that the moderators don't do anything to stop it.

The problem, which I have stated a few times now, is the mods are not in a position to moderate the threads because they lack a lot of knowledge.

I mean we're now at the stage where the mods are questioning why calling someone an "idiot" is wrong. So that is where we are, at the level of name-calling being perfectly fine for a sound argument. Never mind anything concerning qigong LOL.

• Like 1

I mean just take a look at what the mods are saying in this thread. They have completely managed to go off on some tangent all of their own making. They are absolutely unable to address any of the concerns I've brought up, so really we're reached  some uncanny impasse where we seem to be communicating in different languages, like passing ships in the night really.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Jim sat in a tent with the bottom cut out so he could be in direct contact with the earth.

John told him if it snowed or rained, he could have a grounding wire for indoor use.

The preferred method has been and always will be sitting outside on the ground. 

If you want to turn this in to a "you stuff wires up your butt" round of nonsense hey go ahead more power to you.

Who is Jim? Is that MPGs real name? Who is John? Never mind, dont answer. Personal info shouldnt be revealed by others.

Ah, right, the wire was for indoor use. Thanks for clarifying. Might want to take care during lightning storms... :blink:

Hope nobody is cutting the bottoms out of perfectly good tents.

Have fun!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Except he did stuff wires in his butt, he said he did in the forum, and in PM to me - when I asked him privately about the theory behind the practice.

YAhahaha, I wonder if he used lots of wires or just one?  Did he smooth the ends off or did he leave them sharp?  How far did he 'insert' them?  Is this combined with not ejaculating in a strange perverted sort of way ... YAhahaha?    Why not put on metal gloves and use his finger?   What chi kung master did he learn this from?  So many questions, and they won't answer.

YAAhahahaha

In other news, I have, Atheliolus, Mr.Coffee and Voidisntyinyang on ignore now and things are already so much more pleasant here!!!

Edited by Starjumper

8 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

YAhahaha, I wonder if he used lots of wires or just one?  Did he smooth the ends off or did he leave them sharp?  How far did he 'insert' them?  Is this combined with not ejaculating in a strange perverted sort of way ... YAhahaha?    Why not put on metal gloves and use his finger?   What chi kung master did he learn this from?  So many questions, and they won't answer.

YAAhahahaha

In other news, I now have, Atheliolus, Mr.Coffee and Voidisntyinyang on ignore now and things are so much more pleasant here!!!

:o:o:lol:

Bottom cut out, bottom cut out, I don't think I ever heard those words before, now it's stuck in my head, circling around like the thoughts of a lunatic  :wacko:  Maybe I'll go yell it to the mountain to get rid of it, but it might scare the horses.  At least there are no neighbors.

By Yimminy, then he would have to cut the bottom of his pants out too ... or wear a dress.  I would have preferred not to have had that vision, but I think I prefer the dress.

Edited by Starjumper

57 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

The problem, which I have stated a few times now, is the mods are not in a position to moderate the threads because they lack a lot of knowledge.

I mean we're now at the stage where the mods are questioning why calling someone an "idiot" is wrong. So that is where we are, at the level of name-calling being perfectly fine for a sound argument. Never mind anything concerning qigong LOL.

50 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

I mean just take a look at what the mods are saying in this thread. They have completely managed to go off on some tangent all of their own making. They are absolutely unable to address any of the concerns I've brought up, so really we're reached  some uncanny impasse where we seem to be communicating in different languages, like passing ships in the night really.

It is not up to moderators or admin to decide who is right or wrong when it comes to practice. An explanation of this has been posted twice in this thread already. In case you missed it, you can find it here.

We are here to see the rules of the forum are followed. We respond to reports. We do not go through every thread looking for rule violations. In responding to reports, we will usually ask for an edit (most members have no problem editing), close the report and move on. 

If you take issue with a post, report it and let us take it from there. If there is no report, there will likely not be any intervention by the mod team.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Bottom cut out, bottom cut out, I don't think I ever heard those words before, now it's stuck in my head, circling around like the thoughts of a lunatic  :wacko:  Maybe I'll go yell it to the mountain to get rid of it, but it might scare the horses.  At least there are no neighbors.

By Yimminy, then he would have to cut the bottom of his pants out too ... or wear a dress.  I would have preferred not to have had that vision, but I think I prefer the dress.

Nah..he could go naked in a tent. It rained here on the mountain this morning, first rain in 44 days. I was out laughing & dancing in gratitude. Naked. (-:

• Like 5