Songtsan

Why don't 'high level' beings post on internet forums?

there seem to be plenty of 'interesting' beings on here!

The most interesting being is your own. 

It is never far from you and always accessible if you care to look.

• Like 1

The Dalai Lama has written several books where he shares his wisdom.

So has Brooke Shields. Does that make her a higher being?

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Should we only value what others value?

The origin of all things might be called the highest level, but who was around to give it value?

Should we declare our levels before speaking, or just respond from our true hearts?

People tend to filter what they hear, grasping for what is sought, ignoring what isn't. I notice masters often lead questions to emptiness, and so guide the question seeking a specific answer to the place that doesn't have one... and yet this is where the truth is found.

So has Brooke Shields. Does that make her a higher being?

No I wouldn't say so :). My post was in response to Songtsan's question; "why doesn't the Dalai Lama write on forums?" Well he doesn't, but he does write books and thereby makes his wisdom accessible for the masses.

• Like 1

Wouldn't that render the idea of there being different levels meaningless, in a way?

The concept that there  are different "levels" that we can neatly one by one attain to appears to be flawed. We may be advanced in one area and retarded in another.

Moreover, on some level :) time as we understand it exists no longer, and everything that we have ever been and will ever be exists at once.

I'm not sure it would render it meaningless? Just because something is infinite doesn't mean that levels within it cannot be discerned?..

My idea is the following: If spirit is eternal and infinite wouldn't spiritual evolution also per definition be infinite? Or can a "co-creational holon of spirit" get to an endpoint and say "ok, so this is the end of the line, now I'm just gonna kick back and watch and help others evolve".

I don't know.. I think spiritual evolution might by necessity be eternal. After all infinity is inscribed into the fabric of reality. Anything that can be built or created can be improved, made more complex. There is seemingly no end to what can manifest in reality. So spiritual evolution - wisdom about the manifest - may be infinite and eternal too?

• Like 1

if the sun (so to speak as a "higher being") suddenly came to the earth without any adjustment or transformation in its energy then the  earth would be burned up... although when or if the energy of the earth is stepped up and adjusted she then evolves the ability to handle higher levels of energy without such burning - in fact that is what is happening now which will conclude with her evolution as an "earth",  thus going through a transformation into a being of a higher level of energy than before. 

Edited by 3bob

I know I appreciate what I haven't paid for. I was sitting in a downtown park once, and maybe I looked a little scruffy? A woman came by and said she couldn't finish her lunch, and would I like the rest of it? I was hungry, and so said yes, and I always remembered that. There are many other examples like this...perhaps it all depends on what level you prefer...I prefer to selflessly give/receive. I don't like it to be like some kind of business deal....takes all kinds...

• Like 1

To the humble everyone is a teacher.

To the proud, no-one is.

Better proud and informed,  than humble and ,, not. :)  

By High Level, do you mean "famous" or with High level of attainment? These don't necessarily always go hand in hand.

Both my teachers don't want to bother with Internet Forums because there's too much noise and even meaningful discussions degenerate into pointless "shouting matches" between noisy individuals.

• Like 5

High level of attainment... Well, here is my promise to the world: if I ever become high level attained, I will still be freely available all over the internet...

Imagine a great architect commissioned by someone very benevolent and infinitely wealthy to build schools all over the world -- spacious, safe, beautiful, environmentally sound.  Imagine this architect was trained to do that, but not to teach children.    Ask him to talk to the first-graders in one of the schools he built.  He may not even have the common language with them, not intellectually, not emotionally, he may love children but have no idea how to communicate this love other than by doing what he's good at -- building schools for them.  Let teachers who are good at it talk to the children -- and let the architect just create the best space for this talking to be happening. 

Some of the higher beings posting or not posting on the internet are not doing their main work with the words they type or don't type.  They are doing it by helping a pattern emerge which will be conductive to children and teachers talking to each other in a way that will make learning and healthy development possible.  

TTB is one recipient of this benevolence from higher beings.  There's more, many more.  And there's places on the internet -- many, too many -- where they don't come, and those places grow backwards and sideways like toenails into inflamed flesh, and are eventually surgically removed. 

You only know higher beings have visited a place on the internet by the fruits of their involvement -- which means most people  won't know they've been there.  Some of these higher beings will be good lecturers on the podium too, but their main task is to make sure the podium itself doesn't collapse, and the seats the children take in the audience are not falling apart under them, and the floors don't cave in and the lighting is not fluorescent and the heating and ventilation are flawless and the flow of qi along the clean and crisp lines of the rooms is smooth and the feng shui is good.  Then, once their work is done, it's up to the children to not deface the walls and not break the furniture and not beat each other up -- the architect has moved on.  That kind of a deal.   :) 

• Like 7

I'm not sure it would render it meaningless? Just because something is infinite doesn't mean that levels within it cannot be discerned?..

Relatively, they could be discerned. From an absolute perspective, every definable level would be equally infinitely below the Infinite.

My idea is the following: If spirit is eternal and infinite wouldn't spiritual evolution also per definition be infinite? Or can a "co-creational holon of spirit" get to an endpoint and say "ok, so this is the end of the line, now I'm just gonna kick back and watch and help others evolve".

This brings to mind the theory (known both in Hinduism and in modern cosmology) that the Universe periodically gets created and destroyed, just to start from scratch again. Or perhaps there is an evolution taking place from one Universe to the next? That would make sense...

I don't know.. I think spiritual evolution might by necessity be eternal. After all infinity is inscribed into the fabric of reality. Anything that can be built or created can be improved, made more complex. There is seemingly no end to what can manifest in reality. So spiritual evolution - wisdom about the manifest - may be infinite and eternal too?

I basically agree with you. However, we should bear in mind that it seems like on some level, time as we know it ceases to exist, hence there are no "earlier" and "later" stages of an entity's evolution.

• Like 1

you dont need anyone else to become a high level being. The way is right in front of everyone. do you what you love. follow your heart. heaven is fair. 

there are a few high level beings here. imo

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 1

People don’t appreciate what they don’t have to pay for.

I must be an exception ? 

• Like 3

I must be an exception ?

Solid point. You are probably an exception. :) Nah , im kidding, there are things people dont take for granted if gained freely. But theres some truth too that price does often dictate perceived value. Yes? Edited by Stosh

Why don't people who frequent forums ever become high level?

The highest level people in anything are like arrows.  

An internet forum is simply not part of the target.

I get the feeling we'd all be much more advanced if we had fewer sources of information, at some point it's all distraction.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

The highest level people in anything are like arrows.  

An internet forum is simply not part of the target.

I get the feeling we'd all be much more advanced if we had fewer sources of information, at some point it's all distraction.

Not in "anything" -- only in goal-oriented pursuits.  Process-oriented pursuits are about what the arrow sees and feels on her skin and what music it makes while in flight, not about where it's aiming.  It's not single-minded, it's multiversal.  Of course target practice brings home more beef.  But an arrow that enjoys the journey rather than pursues the destination has more fun.

Masters are actually like both arrows simultaneously.  

As for too much information being a distraction, this is the area of application of free will and willpower.  Overconsuming information is like overeating.  Choose your diet -- cheat a bit -- but don't eat any which junk, and your mind will remain a lean mean killer machine amidst amorphous masses of brain cells that eat information (mostly infomercials, in this day and age -- prepackaged nonfood for thought) indiscriminately.  Such a diet also sharpens its ability to tell shit from candy, Big Mac from caviar...   :)   

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3