Songtsan

Why don't 'high level' beings post on internet forums?

Ok, ..if you Could know what wasnt right, then you could pick that which was. My own take on intuition, is that its a lump sum assessment of what you innerly choose , its the choice you are willing to get behind. And thats a good thing to be aware of. Without regrets you work with the consequences, firmly setting feet down though the ground itself quavers. Its rich and strong.

That's what this boils down to, and you said it well. I would add, however, that what we vaguely call intuition is partially the guidance provided by the higher self which is our telos or omega point, yet exists within us now already (everything exists simultaneously from a superior perspective). We have it within us on our innermost levels, and all that any spiritual practice can do is to help manifest it.

• Like 2

I guess no one recognizes the fact that I am here.

Fwiw, I consider inviting you to the illustrious circle of the eighth level dwellers.

Based on the fact that you are happy and content, and have mastered the Law of Distraction.

LOLOL

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

'The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. '

Tsun tzu

poison probably works good. ;)
  • Like 1

Fwiw, I consider inviting you to the illustrious circle of the eighth level dwellers.

Based on the fact that you are happy and content, and have mastered the Law of Distraction.

LOLOL

The eight of the eighth? A secret club? Sensational news :D

A trolls bait can only tempt , so it would require the cooperation of the hlp. Thus a hlp either has an opportunity to learn something themself, or simply have nothing to resent. You can see Songstans resistance , he doesnt have to avoid interplay. You can read his tolerance, his concern, his willingness to lay himself out there. I think there is but a spectrum of self mastery, yet each still has things yet to learn. To judge everyone as either wanting ,,or self perfected, is an unfair division... since no one is perfect , everyone would be robbed of credit for the strengths they have.

• Like 2

You do more damage than good when you cast pearls in front of swine.

Those who don't want help, cannot be helped. Trying to help those who don't want help makes the situation worse for both parties.

• Like 2

You do more damage than good when you cast pearls in front of swine.

Those who don't want help, cannot be helped. Trying to help those who don't want help makes the situation worse for both parties.

That may be true, I dont know how it would be worse for the casting person though. Its only words. Such a light offering. If you could really push a button that tilted the scales of someones life,, just once,, ive been lucky enough to have made a difference twice with words, and once with action.... and I consider it to have been to my great honor... those events stand out to me. A person whos life has been enriched by reaching out,should not be considered a harmful fool....maybe just a fool. If its true words just go in one ear and out the other ,for the most part,, no harms been done.

Imo

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

Even Buddhas can be fools. Like the time he was lecturing on the 'grossness' of the body to some monks, only to come back at a later date to find that many of the monks he had lectured to regarding that meditation had killed themselves. So who was the swine in that case? And were those pearls then that he had cast? There truly are no perfected beings. Never have been.

• Like 2

...for the most part,, no harms been done.

Imo

I have been taught a life lesson when harm has been done. This lesson was given to me a few times until I finally got it.

Off the cuff comments can be harmless, but actually trying to help someone that doesn't want help can be damaging for the person and for yourself.

• Like 2

I have been taught a life lesson when harm has been done. This lesson was given to me a few times until I finally got it.

Off the cuff comments can be harmless, but actually trying to help someone that doesn't want help can be damaging for the person and for yourself.

Ok yeah, you said that ,, its an assertion I have heard elsewhere..but what what is this supposed harm? If we tell the factual truth, we bestow a bit more power to someone else to react to the way the world truly is. So if we do exercise some care in what we choose to say, I dont see what the harm in it could be.Every one of the classical masters we read the works of ,and every other teacher, took the same "risk" . Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

Q: Why don't 'high level' beings post on internet forums?

A: QED

That said, some actually do from time to time. They are rarely noticed, though.

• Like 2

Actually, this whole year or so, I've been experimenting with only learning from internet forums and direct communication with individuals... Its interesting...I've been through SoftGF maybe once, and I have the Taoist Yoga, A & I book, which I have seen a little of...I just prefer live books lately, and I don't feel in a hurry to absorb knowledge, not like I used to...I am feeling a phase change coming soon though...

A "high-level being" presumably understands that they're not in control of other people's growth. I think they probably recognize that the world's actual problems are not as easily resolvable as a devotee of such being might think they are. A hungry, depressed, spiritually suffering person will project immense hope and responsibility onto a teacher to help liberate them. The whole concept of an "answer" or "solution" shows the short-sightedness and narrow focus of the aspirant. An 'advanced being' does not necessarily return a projection onto the world - the "I can help you" projection is often a symptom of arrogance and confusion. A liberated being, if they're also educated, understands the multi-faceted, multi-dimensional interactions of nature with itself that cause the appearance of problems and the reality of suffering. He/She probably knows that there's not all that much that can be done - the great work of life with its infinite factors and constraints will nudge people where they need to go, or kill them trying.

But another thing is that you presume the Dalai Lama isn't trolling 4chan or something right now. I find that questionable.

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 2

Like I said, I will be the answer to the problem that I seek. I am the question and the answer. When I become a fully enlightened Mahasiddha, I will spend part of my day being available on an online forum such as this, answering all questions posed as only I can in my silly ways. That is down the road. I like to write, and I spend maybe 2-3 hours a day writing on internet forums, and a few hours reading...a few hours walking around, and doin' a little bit of yoga, calisthenics, etc. here and there, and working at my friends, and doing internet sales....life is sweet! I am a happy camper in general....

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1