Songtsan

Why don't 'high level' beings post on internet forums?

"Havin! But then the judge of fewer sources" does not mean automatically to then have better sources, on the contrary.

And if you have the intelligence, you are able to filter out the few good sources from all the BS in the huge amount of input we have now.

Ah but the the judge is then the person who does not yet understand . So how could such a one be the judge?
  • Like 2

If a number of individuals are climbing up a cliff...you guys remember me talking about that the other day? Bad analogy that one...fact is, with the improved means of communication that we have, we should see that the person higher up the cliff CAN easily communicate with those farther down the line. They just take out their cell phone and send GPS data, pictures, google mapped routes explaining how to get there. Aren't we nearing the end of the Kali Yuga? God is going to start revealing the mystery soon folks! ;)

Edited by Songtsan

1) Most 'high level' beings lived before the Age of Industrialization several generations ago and are no longer even alive today...

2) Most of the 'highest level' beings still alive today are older, don't speak English, aren't computer/internet-savvy and thus don't post on forums.

Basically, the internet tends to select for younger people, who are less likely to be 'high level.'  And the English part of the internet also weeds out those whose primary/only tongue is not English...like most of the 'high level' masters today...

What you're more likely to find on the internet is:

octopus-grumpy.jpg

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

The point I was thinking of is it's better to go deep then go wide. 

And by filtering to a 'few good sources' you end up with having fewer sources; tadah. 

Which is good, if you go deep. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

Holy shit! When you put that quote into action it brings you right into the reflexive center....what's it called? Nei wan?

• Like 1

Title:  Why don't 'high level' beings post on internet forums?

My question:  Why don't 'high level' beings post on internet forums?

• Like 1

gendao, i am a curious type of creature, which daoist lineage are you with?

I've learned from a few outer schools, but my primary path right now is my own inner school.  My personal Campbellian Dao.

Why and you?

Edited by gendao

Masters are actually like both arrows simultaneously.  

If there is no fear, then there is no need to be a master in order to act like both arrows. 

• Like 1

"Having fewer sources" does not mean automatically to then have better sources, on the contrary.

And if you have the intelligence, you are able to filter out the few good sources from all the BS in the huge amount of input we have now.

BS is limited to one's current understanding though.....and if they looking for something of higher nature..that they might not understand yet.... "correct" discerning can be unproductive.    its proven true to me too many times, so i like to not call things bs as quickly anymore. 

I love that quote by Fong Ha in your Sig Gendao...that just rang a bell in my head

Yeah, and dont talk/think/imagine/fantasise too much... your awareness will increase tenfold  :P

• Like 1

If they really wanted to end suffering, ...

... they would encourage people to turn off their mind-killing computers and experience life. Maybe they're simply setting a good example?

• Like 3

If they really wanted to end suffering ... IF

Doesnt it seem plausible, that the expectations you have , might not actually be theirs? They dont care?They have no faith that they can be effective? They meditate their compassion ? They leave you to live your life unimposed upon? Uninterfered with?

Whats the best thing you can do for whales? Leave them alone.

People generally defend the ideas they have, really respond negatively to input they dont recognize. I dont think its out of stupidity, because its true for bright folks. Its not out of fear, since they dont feel afraid all the time. Why then are folks resistant? I think its because we love the illusions we hold. There is something we treasure about every stupid thing ,and every other thing ,we chooose for ourselves. So if someone really felt they couldnt overcome that, then any input they could have would just be fruitless interference. A negative.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 3

Re:

-----

"Doesnt it seem plausible, that the expectations you have , might not actually be theirs?"

-----

Excellent point - obvious, but often so totally overlooked.

-----

"People generally defend the ideas they have, really respond negatively to input they dont recognize. I dont think its out of stupidity, because its true for bright folks. Its not out of fear, since they dont feel afraid all the time. Why then are folks resistant? I think its because we love the illusions we hold. There is something we treasure about every stupid thing ,and every other thing ,we chooose for ourselves."

-----

It is also true that people damaged at the start by "managed" birth, then brainwashed in "schools" for about 16+ straight years, exposed to thousands of hours of media "programming", and fed tortured animals, hormones, neurotoxins, and refined chemicals - they might be capable of holding to some illusions.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 5

Re:

-----

"Doesnt it seem plausible, that the expectations you have , might not actually be theirs?"

-----

Excellent point - obvious, but often so totally overlooked.

-----

"People generally defend the ideas they have, really respond negatively to input they dont recognize. I dont think its out of stupidity, because its true for bright folks. Its not out of fear, since they dont feel afraid all the time. Why then are folks resistant? I think its because we love the illusions we hold. There is something we treasure about every stupid thing ,and every other thing ,we chooose for ourselves."

-----

It is also true that people damaged at the start by "managed" birth, then brainwashed in "schools" for about 16+ straight years, exposed to thousands of hours of media "programming", and fed tortured animals, hormones, neurotoxins, and refined chemicals - they might be capable of holding to some illusions.

That can be true,, I know I cant disprove it. Our socialization can be crappy. Mine was. Buut I want to take responsibility for it all, going forward. My parents are dead ,how can I still be holding them responsible? Any problems are truly mine now. MINE mine mine ,all mine. And I covetously nurture them , my own personal headache squad. Crazy as it sounds.

admin: fixed quote box

Edited by dawei
  • Like 1

Sorry my posts keep getting inserted in the quote box . POS SAMSUNG!..... for instance ,I think I might do me or someone else some good. If I didnt think so , then all I can do is leave us all to sink or swim. And that one less headache.

Why should we challenge what someone already thinks? Why should we support what someone already thinks? They wont like the first option, and the second is useless. :)

Edited by Stosh

Re:

-----

"Why should we challenge what someone already thinks? Why should we support what someone already thinks? They wont like the first option, and the second is useless."

-----

"Challenging" or "supporting" - this is like consumerism, where that person's thinking is seen as a product we either "use" or do not, or approve of or do not.

Consumerism at a mass level requires much conformity, and much of our programming is about providing guidelines that we end up using as a substitute for true judgement and true discernment.

So if we can stop "consuming" our friends, and stop presenting ourselves as consumer products, maybe then we could just let thoughts be thoughts and actions be actions, no matter whose, and the reality of both might be more obvious as-is.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3

I've learned from a few outer schools, but my primary path right now is my own inner school.  My personal Campbellian Dao.

Why and you?

ah that's interesting, i like campbell, jung, several others of that ilk. myth is one of my passions.

i already answered , why? i said it was curiosity.

for the you? above all Nature with special consideration to the irrepressible nature of Nature

along with the inconceivable nature of Nature. my adjunct practices allowing further understanding 

of nature: qigong, bagua, TSM, geometry, poetry

edit>forgot geometry haha and dancing (especially when no one is watching)

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

Ok, Vk,I can go with that. But truly,, I dont get what it is you or I could do otherwise thats better. Do your own posts ,serve you or I some product? Do you feel you get something out of participation ? or do you feel you get nothing from it. I suppose you can see where I am going with this... that, while you certainly arent wrong about the consumption aspect... if there is any point to posting then its a consumer product..isnt it?

Edited by Stosh

ah that's interesting, i like campbell, jung, several others of that ilk. myth is one of my passions.

i already answered , why? i said it was curiosity.

for the you? above all Nature with special consideration to the irrepressible nature of Nature

along with the inconceivable nature of Nature. my adjunct practices allowing further understanding 

of nature: qigong, bagua, TSM, geometry, poetry

edit>forgot geometry haha and dancing (especially when no one is watching)

Very cool, what's TSM?

Your innate Dao might be that of "pattern recognition" - losing yourself and finding the Dao through recognizing, repeating, recreating, etc... its natural patterns?

Just like Dawei's innate Dao might be "animal backtracking"...

And Hundun's might be "ego-peeling"...

Edited by gendao

Well when it comes to determining whether a system is good or not depends on how studious the man your learning it from was with his teacher.

Did he get the full system?

Did he attain the standard skill or ability that is definitive of the sect and training?

Did he learn the history of the system?

Does he live like a practitioner of the art?

Does he train it hard everyday?

Does he pass on the tradition as it has always been passed down?

Does know how deep the training goes and at what level of attainment that he is at?

Sometimes its not the system but who is  passing it on.

Edited by JinlianPai