Could I ask your opinion on something Spotless?

Is seeing with the third eye anything at all to do with what we can see when we look at a bright light and then can see the same light even with our eyes shut.

I know modern science explains this phenomenon in terms of firing light cells on the retina, but can we explain it better with recourse to the idea of the third eye?

Thanks!

Could I ask your opinion on something Spotless?

Is seeing with the third eye anything at all to do with what we can see when we look at a bright light and then can see the same light even with our eyes shut.

I know modern science explains this phenomenon in terms of firing light cells on the retina, but can we explain it better with recourse to the idea of the third eye?

Thanks!

No.

That is just an after image.

At night when you look at the headlights of oncoming cars - the streams of light that look a bit like magnetic streams - this is a bit like what one sees in the aura. A sort of crystalline light with magnetic fields - in a healthy vital aura. I see clairvoyance and third eye as different from each other - however technically they may be the same and my definition simply includes other aspects.

I tend to view the third eye as more from the center of the head than just the brow area. It opened for me more from the center and included far more than just clairvoyance.

• Like 1

Someone asked me privately the following:

"I would like to know your "trick" related to emptiness meditation (or true meditation) or whatever one may call it"

I have no trick - I just did some serious cushion time.

If you do serious cushion time - and you are not actively engineering but rather you are simply practicing being in the center of your head, awake and in a good posture - and letting what ever comes up come up and just view it - after 40 minutes to an hour your meditation will simply get quieter, finer and more transformative.

If there is/was a trick I would say it is very very useful to practice at the same time each day.

Also - starting with an evening practice at 9:30

Then adding a practice at 2:30am

Then making the 2:30 am the standard - meditate at least one hour and better 2 or 3 and then back to sleep for a short time at 6 or 7 if you have the time.

This is what I did.

If you are doing a long meditation - 6+ hours then clear the deck as far interference and feed yourself an hour before hand.

When you need to go to the bathroom - do so. Also have a water bottle nearby and perhaps a blanket.

Move when you need to - don't force yourself not to move and then get blue legs and have a stroke.

If you re doing 10-15 or more hours - temps may vary considerably - from hot to very cold.

Nothing is perfect so everything is perfect - if someone comes to the door - say hi and goodby - don't sweat the trifles.

If bugs come in the window - shut the window.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Note to all:

I am going through very big shifts at this time and have no words for it at this time. I will not be visiting here as much for an indeterminate amount of time. It is again an enormous and sustained shift and a bit of a walk through hell as well as much more.

It is incredible - some big residual burn off and expansive absolutely phenomenal other.

• Like 1

Someone asked me privately the following:

"I would like to know your "trick" related to emptiness meditation (or true meditation) or whatever one may call it"

I have no trick - I just did some serious cushion time.

If you do serious cushion time - and you are not actively engineering but rather you are simply practicing being in the center of your head, awake and in a good posture - and letting what ever comes up come up and just view it - after 40 minutes to an hour your meditation will simply get quieter, finer and more transformative.

If there is/was a trick I would say it is very very useful to practice at the same time each day.

Also - starting with an evening practice at 9:30

Then adding a practice at 2:30am

Then making the 2:30 am the standard - meditate at least one hour and better 2 or 3 and then back to sleep for a short time at 6 or 7 if you have the time.

This is what I did.

If you are doing a long meditation - 6+ hours then clear the deck as far interference and feed yourself an hour before hand.

When you need to go to the bathroom - do so. Also have a water bottle nearby and perhaps a blanket.

Move when you need to - don't force yourself not to move and then get blue legs and have a stroke.

If you re doing 10-15 or more hours - temps may vary considerably - from hot to very cold.

Nothing is perfect so everything is perfect - if someone comes to the door - say hi and goodby - don't sweat the trifles.

If bugs come in the window - shut the window.

So how is that practice any different from a marmot sunning itself on a rock?

From "Stilling the Mind". -Alan Wallace:

Such choiceless awareness also bears a strong similarity to “open presence,” which a number of popularizers of Dzogchen teach these days. This practice consists simply of letting your awareness be open to all kinds of appearances, sensory and mental, while letting them come and go without intervention. “Open presence” is a very loose translation of the Tibetan term rigpa chog zhag, which literally means “resting in pristine awareness.” This refers to the “breakthrough” phase of Dzogchen practice, and to engage in such authentic meditation, you must first gain an experiential realization of rigpa, and then simply rest—without distraction and without grasping—in this ultimate-ground state of consciousness. This practice is simply sustaining the Dzogchen view: viewing all phenomena from the perspective of rigpa. However, without having such realization of rigpa, one is simply resting in one’s ordinary dualistic mind, like a marmot sunning on a rock, and this does not qualify as shamatha, vipashyana, or Dzogchen. Düdjom Lingpa ridicules such practice by citing the Tibetan aphorism, “The marmot ostensibly cultivating meditative stabilization is actually hibernating.”

• Like 1

When you had communication with an animal.... What could did you learn about the animal?

What are they aware of or interested in?

About possession, do you see that kind of stuff frequently?  How did you get the possessor out?

What are golden orbs?

"I have seen brilliant minds - sitting in a sand box - building castles - where nothing grows but illusion"

Where were these minds again?

Edited by centertime

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, I didn't check.

But apparent drinking guayusa tea decalcifys the ppineal gland. Certainly more research should be done.

I am drinking it to help lucid dream, but if it is, in a manner of speaking, cleaning the lens of my pineal gland, so much the better!

We are a whirlwind of thought and imaginings - the mind occupies us - we do not live a fraction of its relentless pressures of pasts and futures.

And for some of us - great portions of our lives are taken in by, the pre-occupation of the mind - it is often in the possession of a future that is alway one projection layered upon another - the business model, the chemists experiments, the inventors dilemma, the impassioned mesmerizing unfolding creativity - when sleep is a hinderance to the addiction / excitement of tomorrow's plans for the next.

For some of us this is a great life and we are unsure if we want to uproot it - yet we feel another life - we read about it - we have been touched by it.

Some near us or that we have known by name - their former life has "fallen away".

In stories we hear that relationships have dissolved over it - that professions have been abandon and people have walked away from their former lives.

I can tell you that nothing prepares you for this and it will be like nothing you have imagined - in fact - it will be so far from what you have imagined that you may find it hard to understand as being what it is.

Yet I can also tell you - that nothing falls away in everything falling away.

The life you have been leading is still there - you no longer are "in" it - lost within it - mesmerized by the will and inertia of it - but it is there.

I picked up the pieces - not shattered or on the floor - I picked and enjoined into those aspects quite familiar that landed under my feet. And my wife became even more beautiful, my son more radiant and my business an easy asset if a distant one.

All the bothers were no more.

It took time to "be" in intuition - off the clock - at complete ease.

Complete ease - is not a state we are remotely accustom to.

It is in this that complications can arise - one has stepped into a flow with all - not a whimsical imagining - but grounded in the all and everything. It may be that some in your life cannot be with you in this. They may be attached to someone who is no longer there and they may be unable to make the transition with you.

But - this has not been the case for me and so may I hold it as a beacon to everyone on this path - it is a transition not just in my case but in all cases to one in which the winds have subsided and some around you are very much "attracted to remaining in the wind". So much so that a discord is clear and this is the way it is.

It will not be difficult on you in any sense that you have prior - it is ingested in the growing widening view.

The "parting" that is much more "difficult" - is parting with personality residues that present themselves - and the astonishing and increasingly speedy recovery from the detaching processes. But it is not difficult in some contorted agony of angst - it is a releasing constraint that is almost laughable and short lived.

One does not lament "the losses" - the former self - it is not a loss - it is not felt as a loss nor seen as a loss - though it can be remarkable just how much can fall away.

Entire skill sets can become bones of some past life - so remote that using them again can seem like someone saying - "you can play the piano - just remember what it was like when you were Beethoven all those lifetimes ago - you can do it!".

The dark night had already happened to me - many times over. In Awakening and in the enlightening I began and kept the practice of Qi Gong - intense practice. It has carried me through many changes - thunderous changes - constant magnificent energetic expansions - and hyper intense compressions.

You do not need to fear losing your world - nothing real in it can be lost.

Now - it is not as if - upon my signal you can now advance to "the finish line".

You must find your answers - and they shall never come - when you are fully satisfied that you have amassed enough failures to fully realize yourself - you will.

You will find your answers and you will "know" many thousand fold - and at some great fortune you will come finally to know that all you have treasured in your knowing is but trash - in Awakening - you will know nothing.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

when you are fully satisfied that you have amassed enough failures to fully realize yourself - you will.

yes...thank you

these days that's what is coming to me, the feeling that the same patterns are repeating over and over again, and lately i've become aware that that is stretching over ages, many lives. More and more i do recognize them for what they are, but not yet able to quit

the feeling that i'm finished with it, interestingly it seems that some small divergences present themselves, now it's what is to be done with those, not to say that i think i'm 'there' where-ever that is, but your words seem like confirmation.

so your words touched something in me,

BES

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 2

yes...thank you

these days that's what is coming to me, the feeling that the same patterns are repeating over and over again, and lately i've become aware that that is stretching over ages, many lives. More and more i do recognize them for what they are, but not yet able to quit

the feeling that i'm finished with it, interestingly it seems that some small divergences present themselves, now it's what is to be done with those, not to say that i think i'm 'there' where-ever that is, but your words seem like confirmation.

so your words touched something in me,

BES

I had just considered changing that wording because it could so easily be taken incorrectly but you have grasped it completely.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Sounds to me that you've almost got them beaten.  If we are conscious of something it can't keep on happening for much longer.  In this life I think you're breaking new ground!

Posted Today, 07:40 AM

blue eyed snake, on 01 Mar 2016 - 05:21, said:

"these days that's what is coming to me, the feeling that the same patterns are repeating over and over again, and lately i've become aware that that is stretching over ages, many lives. More and more i do recognize them for what they are, but not yet able to quit"

Response quote from Nikolai1

"Sounds to me that you've almost got them beaten. If we are conscious of something it can't keep on happening for much longer. In this life I think you're breaking new ground!"

End quote

This is close - but look at it another way:

"Sounds like they've almost beaten you" (as though it is a good thing)

It is when this has beaten you into the pulp of giving up - a tiredness of your story, the constant cycling, the persona.

We have the incredible strength to hammer square pegs into round holes over lifetimes. And we are convinced we will find the answers to make things fit neatly - and we hammer on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

We can be neat and tidy and put a placard of self worth up - we can be drunkards and thieves - we can behave in any number of ways and the square pegs still do not quite fit the round holes and at some point our only thirst is to become free from the illusion that this "I" we have been so certain will overcome is finally put to rest.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

We are like Wile E. Coyote

The great rocket scientist, catapultist, full body slingshot artist and the greatest consumer of Acme products to have ever lived.

His entire life was consumed in the chase (and recovery from the case).

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

We are like Wile E. CoyoteThe great rocket scientist, catapultist, full body slingshot artist and the greatest consumer of Acme products to have ever lived.His entire life was consumed in the chase (and recovery from the case).

Until, one day, we finally give up and suddenly realize we were really that road-running birdseed-eating colorful fellow all along.

Beep-beep!

• Like 3

Sounds to me that you've almost got them beaten.  If we are conscious of something it can't keep on happening for much longer.  In this life I think you're breaking new ground!

well...it seems to me that the way to go is to stop seeing the game as trying to beat something,

but instead just to be

Edited by blue eyed snake

We are like Wile E. Coyote

The great rocket scientist, catapultist, full body slingshot artist and the greatest consumer of Acme products to have ever lived.

His entire life was consumed in the chase (and recovery from the case).

Until, one day, we finally give up and suddenly realize we were really that road-running birdseed-eating colorful fellow all along.

Beep-beep!

:D  :D  :D

thank you gentlemen

i'll keep that picture in mind for the next hundred-thousand times i become aware of running around in circles,

beep beep ...

• Like 4

In the practice of Qi Gong and Yoga (real yoga) un-natural patterns are regularly broken up and natural patterns and processes are nurtured and tremendous transformative processes are initiated.

This is the essence of these practices.

Regarding un-natural patterns - clarification is needed:

All the willing and attachments that you have hold them/you in un-natural patterns - they are visible and left to fester they create dis-ease

and they are the source of suffering.

In both Yoga (though it is a broader term) and Qi Gong - practice immediately breaks up new un-natural patterning. It also works on breaking up more ingrained un-natural patterning - and - it helps you to see that breaking free from these energetic prisons and proclivities is possible - that ever expanding horizons are a constant - you will not "nail it down" you will not ever jam that square peg into that round hole. And so these practices bring your being/embodiment to see that this can fall away.

At the same time the above is happening - you are replacing un-natural patterning with an enlivening replacement of refining energies and stillness. And your body is not being constantly whipped by the various attachments you attempt to hold it to and beat it with - you begin to be with it and a trust unfolds and in that trust and stillness tremendous energies can transpire.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

Qi Gong - no breath state

In entering the no breath state in Qi Gong it is possible to see / feel a ripple of light extend outward from the inner chest area and a light coolness at the outer edges of the ripple with a clarifying of the channels behind the ears and in the surrounding inner head.

Then suddenly you are in no breath - and you are no longer holding your breath - it has just stopped and the thought of it has fallen away. When a breath is initiated it is almost as though you have to remember that you need to exhale and inhale.

When you do exhale there is no pressure to do so - you need to enact it - and there is little of it left and you are in no hurry to inhale.

It is quite an experience the first time - it is not like a long breath - it is the cessation of the breath you have just taken - you breath in and it is normal but then the ripple and lights and you have left the breath. And you can even be surprised and aware of just what has happened without losing it - you are very literally in "no breath" and the need not only has vanished but you actually have to sort of get in the mood to breath again and decide to initiate a breath and it is quite remote - a bit like you are about to get back on a bike you have not been on for a month.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

I have a very interesting story about opening the third eye.

Mine opened prematurely when I was four.

All the kids in the neighberhood were playing one night, and my older sister of six years thought she'd impress everybody and told me and two of my friends to stand in line, side by side, I was in the middle. She had a rock in her hand and walked back fifteen or twenty feet, then threw the rock and hit me in the middle of my head, just above my third eye. My dad took me to the hospital and I got stiches that night.

After I was hit, I fell to the ground, and my best friend (he wasn't one of the two standing next to me), stood in front of me and kept saying, "Poor Dave!" (my real name is David btw) I remember I could see the color of his energy, his upper body was red and his lower body was blue.

Ever since this experience, basically all my life, my perceptions of both spiritual and sexual beauty have been overwhelming and arguably excessively extreme.

My third eye opened prematurely, but it's all good because I believe it happened for a good reason. In other words, "premature" is only relative, ultimately, everything happens at the right time.

• Like 4

Another note on Qi Gong:

When you are extending your hands forward - pushing and pulling - be very aware of the instruction - the height of the hands from where you push has a definite effect - if you have questions on what the instructor desires - ask him/her. A push from the upper chest is very different from a middle push and a high one from the throat is also completely different..

When you turn the head - turn it fully - in most exercises the energy is moving from one side of the head to the other - from one eye to the other - unless you are not fully moving the head.

When raising the hands above the head - take care to have the arms back considerably in alignment with the sides - this will greatly enhance most of these exercises wherein the hands and arms are raised. Slightly forward and the inner side channels are not incorporated into the movements - this will then mean the channels up the sides of the head will recieve little or no benefit.

If you are consistently feeling pain in the feet and cramping - this is fine - try messaging them prior to practice and you may not have the pain at all. Over time it will go away - though it may also come back from time to time.

If you are doing a long stance and your feet are hurting - check to see if you are not spread to far apart - even weight over the feet may require a closer stance otherwise you may be on the inside edges and this will result in pain. You may also need to have either straight (vs slightly bent back and locked) or very slightly bent legs - an awareness on your feet centers will help you to find what I am talking about.

Fingers apart - arms off of the sides when holding a posture - in both cases the energy running through the appendage is short circuited a bit in touching either the sides or the other fingers. The fingers do not need cupping in any of the exercises though many students and teachers have this habit / assumption.

When holding the hands together in front of the Middle Dan Tein it looks like a prayer position - it is not - fingers apart, wrists not touching chest, arms off of the sides.

In most positions where one hand is over another - the positions are switched for males and females - consult your teacher / teaching.

Edited by Spotless