Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Sifu, I have a similar issue to that which Deltrus just described, except that in my case the deep jnana state of consciousness sometimes causes me to forget which repetition I am on (see below), That can either result in doing less or more than the proscribed number of repetitions of any given meditation. 

Second issue: I just learned that Bend the Bows should be performed 18 times (previously I had been only doing 7, as with the Volume 2 seated meditations), and I presume it is the same for Wind Above the Clouds? But what if each repetition takes 5 -10 minutes? How is one supposed to devote 2 - 3 hours to a single meditation? 

• Like 1

Just let it go and open your heart. Heart is the tap of heavenly energies, which make us enjoy our life and evolve through love.

If it is half open, we tend to live as a fighter, of which the lower centers are nouirishing the control freak within.

Even GMDW is suffering serious health problems.

Trust the above, enjoy,study and practice hard below.

What is to happen will happen anyway.

Dear Cihan

It has been 2 years since I was told in a few different visions that I needed to focus on the heart.

And I did, I went through an amazing spiritual metamorphosis as a result.

Yet, when FPCK came into my life, with time constraints I just focussed on the start of DVD 1, limiting myself mostly to Monk Gazing at the Moon. Cannot say the third eye was not a big motivator for me, but I have always felt doing the whole DVD every day would have been fantastic.

I came desperately looking for help here back then, and just look at your answer above, which I was grateful for at time of receiving, but not absorbing the reality of it as applicable to the practice. My question was a cry from the heart and you answered.

Today, after all this time, I suddenly realise I should be focussing on the second meditation, especially since this is what yielded the most dramatic results during practice. The heart meditation.

Many extraordinary paranormal events, of an unprecedented force, have also manifested in my life to bring me back to this realisation. This may have been accelerated thanks to the third eye work though.

I am no longer interested in discussing my experiences for now, suffise to say I need to work on a major spiritual matter that has recently been revealed, and FPCK is indicated as one of the major ways of achieving this work, so since it is now more a loving duty than a pleasure, I am going to commit to my daily practice assiduously.

Without the amazing people I have met on here, and without my beloved travel companion (Earl Grey) documenting his progress in his journal , I would not be today in the amazing light that has been shed onto the meaning of my life.

Thank you again Cihan my friend for your loving insight. And thank you Sifu Terry for illuminating my path.

A_B

• Like 3

I presume it is the same for Wind Above the Clouds?

As far as I know, Wind above the Clouds is only one repetition per breath control sequence.

• Like 1

Noticed it was a full moon, went outside to finally try MGAM while actually gazing at the moon, by the time I reached the park it was spitting rain and a freezing wind had kicked up, which I figured would not be good in the hyper-sensitive state brought on by FP, came home :(

Hopefully the weather is better tomorrow. Oh well, I decided to knock out some Taiji instead. Still had a really good session of FP earlier today with BTB, MHPearl and Basic Seated #2 (and man that last one is really going to town on my back, rides right on the edge of "good pain," like an intense high pressure massage - feels great afterwards though, and it feels like good practice for slowing the movements down to hopefully reach "speed of a shifting sand dune," since there's nothing to concentrate on other than the movement of the arm motions).

Yesterday I did 3 rounds of moonbeam splashes on water inside my room. After that I was immensely energised. Realized it was full moon and went on a trip through the city and still felt this peaceful energy throughout my body and mind. After that I went sleeping with intense dreams that I won't soon forget. Really heart-opening. I love this system, thank you zen-bear. The spiritual side of fpck is really outstanding imo.

What I also observed is, that the so called "basic" meditations (vol 1&2) seem even more powerful since I am doing msow for a few days now.

• Like 3

Dear Astral Butterfly,

Thank you for your kind words. You really made me a happy person today :wub:

In my experience, the third eye syncs with the heart, as well as the lower dantien, so all FPCK exercises nourish it.

Especially Monk Holding Pearl (50,40,30,20,10) does not only stimulate just the lower dan tien, it works on all three, especially stimulating my third eye at the degree of its force on the lower dan tien, and it is so easy and convenient to practice.

At my automatic  wake up time around 4 AM , I practice it while lying down, and most of the time become lucid, dissolving into the light enamating from my forehead area because of this exercise if my dear wife stops cuddling at that time   :D The light is still not blue though, but I have no complaints :-)

I would suggest you and all fellow practitioners also give a try to advanced sitting med 70 50 20 10, its energy seems to be heart related, and feels different from the other meds.

Also don't forget that moving meditations are a game of flotation. You don't push, pull, lift or hold. You levitate your hands and elbows, leading to the speed of moving sand dunes, andalso leading to forgetting the body and letting the breath go. This is not like a martial application, this is  more  err -like sorcery. Then the warm hissing flame (in my case) of FPCK  manifests solid.

Once you realise that this "flame" is yours and figure out how to use it, you will feel "the power"  to cope with  any of your demons.  One of the ways is  being able to  dissolve them into your heart's compassion, and I am not talking romantic literature here. Its light is millionfold stronger than the Sun, 

Also please, at all times during the exercises  try to stay being a watcher and "hold" your current mental activities by your awareness and not dive into any tripping or dreaming,  Do not supress or block them, but hold them in your palms of awareness, firmly staying in your point of view, which is solid heart practice. 

Have the best of everything.

Cihan

• Like 4

I wonder if full Moon is supposed to make practices stronger....

seems so to me.. 

I am also everyday surprised of how powerful the first "warm-up" sitting meditation seems to me (5 60 80 40 30), it really brings me into the blue light

Edited by phil48
  • Like 1

Especially Monk Holding Pearl (50,40,30,20,10) does not only stimulate just the lower dan tien, it works on all three, especially stimulating my third eye at the degree of its force on the lower dan tien, and it is so easy and convenient to practice.

At my automatic  wake up time around 4 AM , I practice it while lying down, and most of the time become lucid, dissolving into the light enamating from my forehead area because of this exercise if my dear wife stops cuddling at that time   

Sorry, but doesn't this go against the basic rules of Flying Phoenix, in that we are not to alter the exercise in any way? I would think so because Monk Holding Pearl is a standing exercise, and to do it while lying down is altering it, even if you hold the position exactly and do the breath control correctly. 

Sorry, but doesn't this go against the basic rules of Flying Phoenix, in that we are not to alter the exercise in any way? I would think so because Monk Holding Pearl is a standing exercise, and to do it while lying down is altering it, even if you hold the position exactly and do the breath control correctly. 

Hello Earl Gray,

You probably mixed it up with Monk Holding Peach.

Please refer to http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/12639-flying-phoenix-chi-kung/page-221#entry663263 on which Sifu Terry says: 

"...Only Monk Holding Pearl (50 40 30 20 10) can be done in seated position and supine position.  But not the other two.  

Again, Monk Gazing At Moon and Monk Holding Peach should NOT  be done lying down because they were very specifically designed by the genie that created FP Qigong to be effective in relationship to gravity in a vertically standing posture.  Also, I have extensive experience in meditations done in the supine position found in the Tao Tan Pai system to know that there are no benefits to be gained by doing MGM or MHPeach lying down.  No upside.  But the downside is that you will dampen and dilute the effects of doing MGM and MHPeach when they're done regularly."

You can search "supine" or "lying down" in this forum and can find a few other posts on the subject too.

Best,

Cihan

Edited by cihan
  • Like 4

Hello Earl Gray,

You probably mixed it up with Monk Holding Peach.

Please refer to http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/12639-flying-phoenix-chi-kung/page-221#entry663263 on which Sifu Terry says: 

"...Only Monk Holding Pearl (50 40 30 20 10) can be done in seated position and supine position.  But not the other two.  

Again, Monk Gazing At Moon and Monk Holding Peach should NOT  be done lying down because they were very specifically designed by the genie that created FP Qigong to be effective in relationship to gravity in a vertically standing posture.  Also, I have extensive experience in meditations done in the supine position found in the Tao Tan Pai system to know that there are no benefits to be gained by doing MGM or MHPeach lying down.  No upside.  But the downside is that you will dampen and dilute the effects of doing MGM and MHPeach when they're done regularly."

You can search "supine" or "lying down" in this forum and can find a few other posts on the subject too.

Best,

Cihan

Well, I'll be! Learn something new every day! I guess it's time for a second and perhaps third retread of this forum from beginning to end.

• Like 2

Dear Astral Butterfly,

Thank you for your kind words. You really made me a happy person today :wub:

In my experience, the third eye syncs with the heart, as well as the lower dantien, so all FPCK exercises nourish it.

Yes I have read somewhere that regardless, the energy goes where it is needed...

At my automatic  wake up time around 4 AM , I practice it while lying down,

Fantastic tip, I will try this at some stage! thanks! So at that time, you do it without warm-up?

and most of the time become lucid, dissolving into the light enamating from my forehead area because of this exercise if my dear wife stops cuddling at that time   :D The light is still not blue though, but I have no complaints :-)

Oh, as long as you have such great benefit from it, it might as well be pink lol 

I would suggest you and all fellow practitioners also give a try to advanced sitting med 70 50 20 10, its energy seems to be heart related, and feels different from the other meds.

thanks for this

Also don't forget that moving meditations are a game of flotation. You don't push, pull, lift or hold. You levitate your hands and elbows, leading to the speed of moving sand dunes, andalso leading to forgetting the body and letting the breath go. This is not like a martial application, this is  more  err -like sorcery. Then the warm hissing flame (in my case) of FPCK  manifests solid.

interesting

Once you realise that this "flame" is yours and figure out how to use it, you will feel "the power"  to cope with  any of your demons.  One of the ways is  being able to  dissolve them into your heart's compassion, and I am not talking romantic literature here. Its light is millionfold stronger than the Sun, 

I would love to have some background details of this experience from you if you are up to sharing it, please.

Also please, at all times during the exercises  try to stay being a watcher and "hold" your current mental activities by your awareness and not dive into any tripping or dreaming,  Do not supress or block them, but hold them in your palms of awareness, firmly staying in your point of view, which is solid heart practice. 

Great advice

Have the best of everything.

Thank you, I wish you the same Cihan, and know that I realise that your statements are very compact with valuable insights from experience. I will no longer take them for granted and will meditate on what you have said in this message.

Cihan

Edited by Astral_butterfly
  • Like 2

Dear Astral Butterfly,
Thanks for your response and questions.
About the warm ups, they are not a must, and Monk Holding Pearl is a static meditation. Doing the percentage breath is sufficient for preparation.
Talking about my  experiences does not lead anywhere, it is better to read some literature from enlightened masters to get inspired than reading my adventures . If you are sincere, some material suitable for you to practice is always around, sometimes a teaching, sometimes a life situation to cope with. The true teacher manifests all the insight from your heart, and I am again not talking cheesy literature
When the sooth is cleared it is an experience.
I am at no elevated level, so I might be very wrong also.
Like you said, I am glad you don't take for granted my babblings
Tale care,

Edited by cihan
  • Like 3

Yes, there is great learning by rereading the posts on this forum. But it might be easier to just pay great attention to how the methods are demonstrated on the dvds. If a person then has a physical condition preventing doing a method exactly as demonstrated, they could then just ask Sifu Terry rather than tinker with it via experimentation. In this art, surrender rather than creative thinking works better for me.

• Like 3

Hi, on meditation one of DVD 3 how many repetitions are recommended? If more than one then when doing monk gazing at the moon at the end of repetition one do you raise out up from horse stance and then sink back down at the beginning of repetition 2 when beginning bending the bows in the same manner as when you do bending the bows in DVD 1 ?

From what I understand you need to do only one repetition. If more, do three closing breaths when in Monk Gazing at Moon and open the eyes and breathe out the mouth while straightening the legs.

To do another repetition, do the opening three breaths and then the breath sequence in Monk Begging for Rice again and begin the form.

• Like 4

If you refer to Moonbeam, same thing...also same with Wind Above the Clouds on Vol.1. All there on the DVDs and clarified on this thread. :) 

• Like 2

Sifu, I have a similar issue to that which Deltrus just described, except that in my case the deep jnana state of consciousness sometimes causes me to forget which repetition I am on (see below), That can either result in doing less or more than the proscribed number of repetitions of any given meditation. 

Second issue: I just learned that Bend the Bows should be performed 18 times (previously I had been only doing 7, as with the Volume 2 seated meditations), and I presume it is the same for Wind Above the Clouds? But what if each repetition takes 5 -10 minutes? How is one supposed to devote 2 - 3 hours to a single meditation? 

Hi DSCB57:

Sorry for the slowness of this reply.  Mitigating circumstance--perhaps the best:  Mercury retrograde!  

Answer to Question #1:  Continue practicing Bending the Bows with as much concentration as you can muster to keep consciousness and your count of repetitions straight.  Staying alert and not dozing off or trancing out is an essential part of the FPCK mental training.  Just persevere.

Answer to Question #2:   Yes, "Bending the Bows" is done in sets of 18 repetitions.

No, "Wind Above the Clouds" is done only one round per each breath formula (50 40 30%).  If you want to do another round, you take three deep breaths to conclude the first round of practice.  Then repeat the breath control sequence and then proceed with another one round only.   

But what if each repetition takes 5 -10 minutes? How is one supposed to devote 2 - 3 hours to a single meditation?  

You can do Wind Above Clouds any number of times;  most people don't ever exceed 3x, 4x or 5x

Enjoy your practice.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 2

From what I understand you need to do only one repetition. If more, do three closing breaths when in Monk Gazing at Moon and open the eyes and breathe out the mouth while straightening the legs.

To do another repetition, do the opening three breaths and then the breath sequence in Monk Begging for Rice again and begin the form.

Earl Gray,

Thanks for giving Blue Phoenix the correct answer and guidance as to how to do the 2 intermediate meditations on Vol.3, "Wind Through Treetops" and "Moonbeam..."

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

@zen-bear I keep falling into a sleep like state when doing the exercises. For example in bending the bows I keep going to a deep trance and forget to bend my knees at the right times. I contribute this to concentration meditation, focusing on the sensation of breath on the nose, that I did for a few years. I got into the same deep state when I was doing that. Any advice? Should I keep on practicing even though I mess up? It doesn't happen with eyes open. Edit: I probably just need more practice time.

Hi Deltrus,

As I explained to DSCB57, starting conscious and alert and keeping the count of a particular FP Meditation's repetitions is an important part of the mental training--as important as memorizing the breath control sequence for each meditation.  Just persevere with your practice, increase your concentration on the counting the reps accurately until you can count accurately consistently.

Brain activation may reach phenomenal intensity and the Universe may be reshaping itself all around you, and your body might be shaking, quaking and tossing like you're possessed And riding the mechanical bull at Gilley's...but keep your count of the repetitions straight.

You can bliss out, trance out, incinerate each and every hair follicle, slow your heart rate to a standstill, and commune with spirits in the Pleiades, but concentrate enough to keep your counting of earthly repetitions accurate!

Enjoy your practice.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

Hi, on meditation one of DVD 3 how many repetitions are recommended? If more than one then when doing monk gazing at the moon at the end of repetition one do you raise out up from horse stance and then sink back down at the beginning of repetition 2 when beginning bending the bows in the same manner as when you do bending the bows in DVD 1 ?

Hi Blue Phoenix,

As Earl Grey correclty advised you, you do one repetition of "Wind Through Treetops" and one repetition of "Moonbeam Splashes on Moonbeam."  If you want to do additional rounds of either exercise, you repeat the priming breath-control sequence.  This instruction is clearly given on the Volume 3 DVD program.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 2

Mercury Retrograde update:

Last Tuesday evening, I was inspired to teach the following FP Meditations in an extra-long, 3.5 hour class to my acupuncture students:

4.  Bok Fu Pai Meditation (90 60 40 30)

5.  Monk Gazing At Moon.

6.  Monk Holding Peach

7.  Monk Holding Pearl

8.  Wind Above the Clouds -  3 rounds (as it was first time for all the students).

9.  Bending the Bows - 9 rounds.

10.  TaoTan Pai Meditation No. 16 (seated)

11.  TaoTan Pai Meditation No. 17 (seated)

12.  TaoTan Pai Meditation No. 18 (seated)

13.  Monk Serves Wine #2 (50 40 30 10) -- 7 rounds

14.  Monk Serves Wine #3 (90 80 50 20)  "the Waker-Upper" -- 7 rounds

15.  Monk Serves Wine #5 on Volume 7 (20 40 90 10)   4 movements per repetition -- 7 rounds

Then yesterday (Thursday), I practiced the following at my favorite beach platform facing west--under a perfect 72 degrees and light breeze:

1.  Tao Tan Pai 5 Dragons Meditation (55 min.)

2.  Flying Phoenix seated Long form Monk Serves Wine meditation (22 movements):  50 30 10

3.  Wind Above the Clouds - 1 round

4.  Wind Through Treetops - 1 round

5.  Moonbeam - 1 round

6.  Long Form Standing Med. (Vol.4) - 1 round

Then later that evening I spontaneously channeled Oneness Meditation Deeksha energy by visiting the O.M. Livestream site and looking at the photos of some of the Advanced Trainers of Oneness Meditation.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

Hi DSCB57:

Sorry for the slowness of this reply.  Mitigating circumstance--perhaps the best:  Mercury retrograde!  

No problem Sifu, I appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions. However I am still not clear regarding my third point: But what if each repetition takes 5 -10 minutes? How is one supposed to devote 2 - 3 hours to a single meditation?  

I just timed a typical 18 repetitions of Bending the Bows. It took me just under 40 minutes, minus the time it took to complete the breath control sequence. Now my question is: if you recommend practising BTB plus two other meditations from the standing DVD 1 set plus the 3 warm-ups from the the DVD 2 sitting meditation set plus one of the MSW meditations each day, where is one supposed to find the time? 

Let's break it down: If I do the warm-ups plus BTB x18 plus two other standing meditations, that is already an hour and a half. Aside from the fact that that is a sizeable chunk of my day, I then need to also do a further hour at least in order to complete the 3 warm-ups and one MSW meditation from DVD 2. That is two and a half hours each day, and I never get to complete all the standing meditations. Try as I might, I just don't have the energy to do the sitting meditations in the evening, especially as they are becoming more and more painful - not during the practice, but after. Sometimes I cannot move my legs for 10 to 15 minutes following the meditations. I think that my age and physical condition need to be factored in. I don't think there are many 59 year olds in my condition who could sustain my rhythm of practice.

I would appreciate some feedback from other more experienced practitioners who have maybe found themselves in a similar situation. 

David