Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Phil, wonderful spiritual guide teaching via your dream!

Ancient systems are weakened via innovation by those students who have not reached a high enough state of consciousness to really know what they are doing. The current state of world conditions reflect this when daily meditation of ancient cultures long ago became ineffective because the correct way to meditate was lost when later generations changed things around.

One of my qigong teachers told me that only someone experiencing a very high level of Qi can ever create an effective qigong method. The last step of the teaching, Ri, is fascinating because it is saying that when you reach the level of Ri, your state of Consciousness is so high that you are spontaneously living and acting according to the Laws of Nature and therefore you do not make mistakes.

So for someone in less than that state of consciousness to be innovative with a system from a long lineage to tamper with it, just has not made much sense to me. I come from a tradition of masters from the Vedic tradition that is safeguards the methods so carefully that when we were training to become teachers of this method, we could not change even one word in some of the teaching methods or else we would not have been allowed to be initiated as instructors. So if I qigong method is too difficult for me, I just drop it rather than make it easier to do. The benefits are not known when we change things around. Just my way of looking at this. But I understand breaking movements downs, that is how I learn them rather than trying to do the whole form over and over again. I master small parts of it and then I can follow along with the whole form.

• Like 3

Thanks. Great advice. I'l think about that.

So the foundation, Shu, would be to copy the best you can, from a master, until no improvement can be seen. But man, this makes me realize, having a master in person is so helpful. He can tell you so many things, tell you what you are doing wrong, push you to do better, tell you when there is no improvement to be made, he can make necessary deviations for you, without you deciding on your own.

your state of Consciousness is so high that you are spontaneously living and acting according to the Laws of Nature and therefore you do not make mistakes.

This is cool.

EDIT: I reread and reconsidered everything and I think breaking everything into parts and learning using my own strategies is a good idea for me. It was still interesting to remember that I'm in the Shu stage. I'l make sure to not "change" anything, as in alter what the video says. 

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 2

I don't think this applies to Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, but when I had a Skype lesson from a qigong teacher that was able to do chi transmission, it felt like a world of difference doing certain movements in terms of how much stronger I could feel the energy in between my hands like never before. Then the following week I did the same movements on Skype but with a teacher who did not know how to do transmissions. It was nothing compared to the other teacher's session. So I think if there ever is an opportunity to learn a qigong method from a teacher in person, that would be best. We can never see ourselves as others see us.

• Like 1

I am actually getting better at following the DVDs, maybe I needed time to get better at following them and that is why I was impatient the first few rounds. I guess everyone takes a while to get used to something. People have to sleep on a new system a few times before it gets easier to follow.

Also the warm exercises for standing meditations volume 1 seem to be "flossing" the muscles and veins in my injured shoulder now, which is very good I think.

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 1

Just given up the rest of my other practices apart from the nembutsu and practicing solely flying phoenix for an hour a day. Kind of an experiment.

However this first week has been rough. Headaches everyday and my emotions have been all over the place, losing my temper easily when normally I'm very peaceful and try to remain compassionate in conflict.

Anyone know what's going on? Is it just purification or is it a sign the practice doesn't agree with me?

Vajra Fist,

Sorry for slowness of this reply.  I'm catching up on two weeks of posts, due to extremely busy time in my teaching and other business.

I'm glad to hear that you have focussed your practice with Flying Phoenix Qigong in an experiment.

Headaches everyday and my emotions have been all over the place, losing my temper easily when normally I'm very peaceful and try to remain compassionate in conflict.

The FP practice (and another deep meditative would do the same)--has  loosened the lid--of your personality's repressed anger.  

So no, it is not that the FP Qigong art doesn't agree with you.

What does not agree with FP Qigong's integrative effects is your personality's and body's defenses against repressed anger--and the frustration underneath it, and Pain underneath the frustration, and the unmet need or wrong done that caused the original Pain.

Repressed anger  (and every other emotion humans are capable of feeling) coming to surface is the very normal process of integration through meditation and coming to self-awareness, or as Castaneda put it, "claiming the totality of oneself."   When it surfaces, repressed anger can manifest in  irritability, being super-critical of others, short-temperedness, spontaneous burst of anger and even rage.  Directly anger and rage unfairly at persons and situations that might resemble but actually have nothing to do with the original primal scene of Pain creation.

Just go through the surfacing emotions and whatever abreactions you need naturally go through.  

As Paul McCartnery sang, "Let It Be".

If your losing my temper easily when normally I'm very peaceful and try to remain compassionate in conflict  is  to such a degree and frequency that it is harming your overall productivity and happiness--causing you to lose work, job and key relationships, etc., then I would recommend that  should seek good psychological counseling to deal with the cause of the undersirable and destructive behaviors (and not just superficially talk about or try to "treat "the presenting problems).

What you're going through is, to use your term:  "purification".  

As Carl Jung put it, "There is no coming to consciousness without pain."

Take care,

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S.  

And when the night is cloudy,

There is still a light that shines on me,

Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Thats really weird i wasnt going to mention this but last week when i was doing some monk serving wine meditation i saw quan yin in my mind, she was very luminous, glowing white. I wasnt sure who she was although i must have seen pictures of her before. If it wasnt monk serving wine it was meditation two of DVD 7.

But this wasnt the first time i saw her whilst meditating.... i saw her at least one other time whilst meditating a while agoguanyin.jpg

This is the closest i could find to what i she looked like after briefly looking, but she was very shiny and no gold halo or gold in her clothes and i dont remember anything much around her...perhaps greenery.

I do sometimes do white tara mantra and did an online empowerment http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/32694075

If im not mistaken white tara and quan yin are related? Im still not 100% sure about that.

I thought about mentioning it to ask what it might mean but after doing my own digging i just came to the conlusion i was being encouraged to continue my practice.

The only other time i remember anything similar to this happening when i was meditating, just mindfulness meditation, was i saw willow leaf palm in my mind and im sure i had never done it before. A few days later i went to my elemental chi gong class and sure enough that was in some of the movements we were doing although our teacher never gave it a name, wish i still practiced elemental chi gong.

hello Blue Phoenix:

Thank you for sharing your meditative vision of Guanyin.

Your sharing reminded me of a number of years in my 20's when I had many spontaneous visions of Guanyin while in meditation, (consciously invoked visions, and visions (possibly visitations) of Guanyin in the dreamstate.

One vision of Guanyin appearing as a pure, pure, lumionous white-white posture similar to a posture ai saw in a fine porcelain statuette of her.  In the vision. the long-stemed white flower she was holding flew out of her hand, tumbled across the space-time ether and landed in my cupped hands in my lap.  My reaction was joyful and puzzled.  i went, "Oh, okay."  That was sometime between 1976 and 1978 during my 2 years between college and graduate school.

If im not mistaken white tara and quan yin are related? Im still not 100% sure about that.

The Chinese revere, worship and pray to Guanyin as the goddess of mercy and compassion who brings healing, salvation and rescue. In Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhism, White Tara is a tantric meditation deity whose teachings/practice is used to develop and understand outer, inner and secret teachings about compassion and emptiness.  The Tibetans worship, invoke, channel White Tara as the "mother of liberation", who represents the virtues of success in work and achievements.  Some sects of Chinese Buddhism venerate White Tara as Duōluó Púsà (多羅菩薩).  So because the 2 cultures attribute different qualities to each and pray to each differently for different purposes, Guanyin and White Tara appear to be different spiritual entities.

BUT:   I advise that you answer this question for yourself.  Go back into meditation, or higher consciousness, or prayer state, or dreamstate and visualize or otherwise invoke Guanyin, approach Her lucidly, commune with Her, and ask her if she is the same as what the Tibetans call "White Tara."

Then you'll have your most reliable answer.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 2

I can't express how valuable this community thread is. It is no doubt it played a role in keeping me on the path and getting me back to practice a couple weeks ago. 

I'll share how synchronicity and how doing the form led to minor miracles the past week. 

So while with friends practicing Flying Phoenix's Monk Gazing at Moon, Monk Holding Pearl, Fanning the Flames and Holding the Cosmic Egg (the nicknames that I gave to Seated Meditations 2 and 3, which are 50% 30% 10% and 50% 10% 50% respectively), once we finished Seated Meditation 3, the moment we all decided to open our eyes, fireworks erupted and we had a grand view...of blue, red, white, and purple fireworks. 

Later in the week, as I tend to do about a half hour of Flying Phoenix when I give people ear acupuncture, and then use Reiki, my patients told me about a penetrating warmth, and one mentioned how when closing his eyes, he saw a blue supernova ball in front of him.

I am glad this system is easy to return to and this community is encouraging for all of us, whether beginners or veterans, casual or hardcore. 

Hello Earl Grey,

I'm glad to see your return to the discussion and appreciate your sharing details of your practice with friends and of how your FP Qigong practice has positively enhanced your Acupuncture & healing practices.

A.  "blue, red, white, and purple fireworks" upon opening your eyes after FP meds.

I haven't mentioned this in many months, but as I've stated in years past:  group practice of FP Qigong is very synergistic and also more prone to result in deeper meditative absorption and higher bliss.  I'm delighted to hear that you've made up your own names for the basic warm-up and MSW meditations on Volume 2 of DVD.

B.   Later in the week, as I tend to do about a half hour of Flying Phoenix when I give people ear acupuncture, and then use Reiki, my patients told me about a penetrating warmth, and one mentioned how when closing his eyes, he saw a blue supernova ball in front of him.

The FP Healing Energy can be channeled through any delivery system that one is practiced in--such as  Tui Na Acupressure or Reiki.  If you are practiced and cultivated in FP Qigong and have the intent to help and heal, as GM Doo Wai put it, 

"the Energy will come out"

This also applies to the martial energy of Bok Fu Pai, which will come out spontaneously in any real self-defense situation as needed.

As I've described numerous times on this thread, once a reserve of FP Qigong Healing Energy has been cultivated, the light fluorescent blue Healing Energy will spontaneously "JUMP OFF" onto another person that you have positive regard for--and with barely a touch--if that person has a health problem and is in need of healing.

Finally, Earl Grey, as I've hinted at a few times in this thread:   if you are married or in a relationship, be alert to what your partner might casually experience of the blue FP Healing Energy in passing.

Keep up the good Healing Work!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Eric's gift came decades before he ever got into Oneness. It came to him while on an experimental 6 month meditation course by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi of TM where he taught the correct way to do Patanjali's Yoga Sutras which when done correctly always result in a state of higher consciousness like described in the Vedas or by advanced yogis or real chi kung masters.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing this information about when Eric Isen developed his gifts of clairvoyance.

Through teaching student in Australia who is also a client of his, I've come once again to appreciate and respect his very good and accurate work in diagnosing and remotely reading the precise effects of any particular medication, medical procedure, healing, modality, counseling modality, style of Yoga, or specific style of Qigong on each individual client.

Yes, Eric's skill is due to having been taught Yoga correctly and having practiced Yoga correctly.  Simple as that.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

Wow. Let me just say it is absolutely touching that you believed me. I'd love to speak to you personally IRL about all the experiences I've been having. I thought I was going crazy with the "in advanced" energy. Thank you so much for this comment, you are my idol for sure :D

Yeah anyways I'm going to be working with the DVD's, I will let you guys know how well they work.

This is good wisdom. Really makes me think.

What do you think about stuff like spontaneous qigong and one time experiences of energy phenomenon that aren't verifiable? Like I had some WEIRD/cool visions and such during a psychotic episode.

Or was it even that? I'm not even sure, there could be so many explanations, spiritual and scientific.

Not even sure if I was just hallucinating/confused/awakening spiritually, in hindsight. Surreal is the word to describe it, rather than real. Anyways this happened two weeks ago around the time that I posted last. I'm doing very well now though, very grounded in reality and feeling better than ever.

EDIT: Yeah this energy that the first 3 meditations give is very good and smooth. Feels just like the energy I got 2 weeks ago. I almost think it is related to serotonin. Man it is weird how this stuff works. I would love to combine science and supernatural phenomenon.

Hi Deltrus,

I always take what an FP Practitioner says he has experienced at face value.  Unless my intellect and spirit screams that "that is totally impossible hogwash."

Your reported pre-practice experience of the FP Healing Energy may be a sign that you have a proclivity, special aptitude or predilection for doing this particular art.  Or not.  At any rate, I'm not going to discount or invalidate your experience of that phenomenon.

What do you think about stuff like spontaneous qigong and one time experiences of energy phenomenon that aren't verifiable? Like I had some WEIRD/cool visions and such during a psychotic episode.

I don't know what you mean by "spontaneous qigong".  You need to define that for me.

"one time experiences of energy phenomenon that aren't verifiable"

I have had numerous one-time experiences of energy phenomena and spiritual phenomena over the past 40+ years that may or may not be verifiable to outside western scientists (depending on what monitoring instruments they are using), but my experience of those energy phenomena was so total-body, natural, healthy, intelligence-raising, progressive and growth-facilitating (meaning that each experience opened up or catalyzed new growth and accelerated the development of valuable skills and potential, and directly resulted in greater and clearer understanding of what were previously "mysteries"), that I know that each one of those experiences was authentic. 

1.)  One experience that took place in the late 1980's was that of suddenly feeling struck by a bolt of lightening while practicing Tai Chi Form outside in a park after a particularly rough week on the job.  It was my first experience of the "body-electric".  

2.)  Another unexpected "one-time energy phenomenon" took place  about 7-8 years ago when I was invited to Push-Hands by a younger kung-fu/Tai Chi instructor in L.A. whose father is a Tai Chi master--and who was well on his way to building a stellar and unmatchable reputation of winning tournament competitions in both forms and fighting competitions, at a rate of 11 to 14 silver and gold medals per tournament.  I had studied Prof. Cheng Man Ching's manner of Yang Tai Chi Chuan since from 1980 to 1992 with high-level masters Abraham Liu and Benjamin Lo (taking 12 consecutive week-long summer workshops with Mr. Lo), but had to break off from that learning that tradition for 20 years until I started studying with GM William C.C. Chen five years ago.  I had not fully developed my Push-hands skill and did not have the (conscious) ability to fa-jing.  However, the moment we set into our stances and this instructor and I joined hands, I instantly felt a split second of total relaxation and an effortless feeling of electric fullness, and he was bounced back and landed five full feet from where he was standing.  He looked at me with amazement and puzzlement, and looked at my legs and the ground and then back upwards at me. The rest of the push-hands session was this young master trying to hard to uproot and wrestle me around.  But he wasn't able to move me in fixed step sparring because he was using too much arm strength; he was able to move me a bit in moving step push-hands but never threw me.  

I was totally was surprised at the effortless fa-jing that seemed to have spontaneously taken place.  It felt as if a higher consciousness and/or my karmic self took over, as if I was supposed to give this particular martial artist this experience of fa-jing.  I was not able to replicate that pure  fa-jing  skill against any other practitioner or student for years afterwards--until about about one year ago, when my practice under GM William C.C. Chen started to crystallize, and I was able to consistently push people in Push-hands practice from my toes through my finger-tips with only the brain in between and no muscular force whatsoever (i.e., the thumb, fore-finger and middle fingers together).  But somehow, I was able to do that totally relaxed, muscle-free fa-jing with that young master at our first meeting--about 8 years before I was able to consciously do it.

At any rate, I consider that an "energy phenomenon" that i was not able to repeat for years.  But it certainly was authentic because it can be verified by the second person.

Or was it even that? I'm not even sure, there could be so many explanations, spiritual and scientific.

Not even sure if I was just hallucinating/confused/awakening spiritually, in hindsight. Surreal is the word to describe it, rather than real. Anyways this happened two weeks ago around the time that I posted last. 

AS I HAD SUGGESTED:  now that you have the DVDs, start the practice and discover for yourself whether the energy that you experienced 2 weeks ago is the same energy phenomena that you experience from practicing the FP Qigong.  It's a simple verification.  Let us know what you find out from this controlled experiment.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 2

one month post 108 day gong of  the long form ...  still feeling new energy flows when i now practice it,  the long form.

have now worked on  the five standing short forms  strangely subtitled 90-second power meditations.   They are bringing up more energy awareness ...  

the demos generally run from 3 to 5 minutes in length  today i imitated the demo  timed it and then did the form at the speed of shifting sand ...  slow that is:

#1   4:30:  #2  4:25;  #3 6:00 #4  5:40  and  #5  8:10  total practice time 48:00  

imitating the demo guaranteed that i did all the breath control and  movements correctly  that's  just under 30 min work out.

I am considering a shorter period of practice/gong with these 5 gems.

peace to all beings

Hi Charlie,

Glad to hear that you are doing well one month after your 108 gong of the Long Form Standing Med. and that have delved deeply into the 5 short standing FP meditations on Volume 5.

Yes, once you make them your own, they dictate the time of practice right for your body.  I can take up to 45 min. to practice the 5.  or  do them all in 25 min. flat.

Glad that you have found them to be gems that lead to deeper understanding of the entire FP Qigong process.  That' why I gave them their own DVD volume!

Thanks for your feedback as always.

Best,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 1

Alright few questions for volume 2 seated meditations, just watched through it and was fairly decent at 1-3 since they were easy to learn. (probably hard to master though)

1. I notice that you breath fairly quickly during the 50% 80% 10% etc breathing sequences. I was under the impression that breathing slowly and deeply is always better. Is this false? My rhythm was all off, usually I breath as slowly as possible, in meditations especially.

2. Do you time breathing with your movements? With qigong, I have been breathing out with upward / outward movements and in with inward/downward movements. One movement = one breath. Is this a good strategy with FP chi kung? 

Hello Deltrus,

Answers to your questions are in bold below:  

1. I notice that you breath fairly quickly during the 50% 80% 10% etc breathing sequences. I was under the impression that breathing slowly and deeply is always better. Is this false? My rhythm was all off, usually I breath as slowly as possible, in meditations especially.

First, I don't recall an FP Med. that has the breathing of "50 - 80 -10."  Is that a typo?  If not, let me know which FP Meditation you are referring to by the DVD volume and when it appears on the program.  About my breathing rate on the DVD series:  I breath at a rate that was normal for me in 2004 when I made the DVDs.  I suspect that my respiratory per minute has decreased over the past 13 years, while my  tidal volume (lung's capacity) has increased--although I haven't had clinical measurements taken...as I do lots of aerobic sports in addition to an average of 3 hrs. of Tai Chi/Kung Fu/Qigong practice every day.

2. Do you time breathing with your movements? With qigong, I have been breathing out with upward / outward movements and in with inward/downward movements. One movement = one breath. Is this a good strategy with FP chi kung? 

NO.  AS STATED SEVERAL TIMES THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD, AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM REPEATING IT HERE FOR YOU AND THE NEW YEAR (IT'S PERSIAN NEW YEAR'S BTW, BASED ON THE SPRING EQUINOX)  YOU DO NOT TIME ANY PART OF THE BREATH CYCLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR MOVEMENT IN FLYING PHOENIX QIGONG.  YOU DO THE UNIQUE BREATH-CONTROL SEQUENCE ONCE, AND THEN BREATH NORMALLY AS YOU PERFORM THE MOVEMENTS OF THE MEDITATIONS AS SLOWLY AS YOU CAN, APPROACHING, IN THE WORDS OF GM DOO WAI, "THE SPEED OF A SHIFTING SAND DUNE."

ENJOY YOUR PRACTICE!!

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

Yep thanks. The breath sequence 50 - 80 - 10 must be an error on my part.

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 1

Hello Deltrus,

I did not come across any official explanation as to the speed of percentage breathing. I too breathe deep and slow , it takes about 2,5- 4 minutes on average. It is more like a signal to unconsciousness than pranayam. Breathing needs to go deep into your belly on the sequences, and after that, you let it to its own accord and do not control or time it.

Exercises provide a kind of breathless bliss state after a certain amount cultivation in the future and by obtaining the correct habit of letting breath free of attention , it is easy to maintain and pass through this "sort of embryonic  breathing state" phase during the exercises with less emotional reaction :-)

Happy practicing 

Cihan

Thank you, Cihan for your perfect answer to Deltrus's question about timing the duration of practice of the FP meditations that comes directly from your experience of correctly practicing FP Qigong.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Hello Earl Grey,

I'm glad to see your return to the discussion and appreciate your sharing details of your practice with friends and of how your FP Qigong practice has positively enhanced your Acupuncture & healing practices.

A.  "blue, red, white, and purple fireworks" upon opening your eyes after FP meds.

I haven't mentioned this in many months, but as I've stated in years past:  group practice of FP Qigong is very synergistic and also more prone to result in deeper meditative absorption and higher bliss.  I'm delighted to hear that you've made up your own names for the basic warm-up and MSW meditations on Volume 2 of DVD.

B.   Later in the week, as I tend to do about a half hour of Flying Phoenix when I give people ear acupuncture, and then use Reiki, my patients told me about a penetrating warmth, and one mentioned how when closing his eyes, he saw a blue supernova ball in front of him.

The FP Healing Energy can be channeled through any delivery system that one is practiced in--such as  Tui Na Acupressure or Reiki.  If you are practiced and cultivated in FP Qigong and have the intent to help and heal, as GM Doo Wai put it, 

"the Energy will come out"

This also applies to the martial energy of Bok Fu Pai, which will come out spontaneously in any real self-defense situation as needed.

As I've described numerous times on this thread, once a reserve of FP Qigong Healing Energy has been cultivated, the light fluorescent blue Healing Energy will spontaneously "JUMP OFF" onto another person that you have positive regard for--and with barely a touch--if that person has a health problem and is in need of healing.

Finally, Earl Grey, as I've hinted at a few times in this thread:   if you are married or in a relationship, be alert to what your partner might casually experience of the blue FP Healing Energy in passing.

Keep up the good Healing Work!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you so much for your reply, Sifu Terry. 

I've decided that I will use FP for life simply because I have confirmed that no other system I have practiced heals better than Flying Phoenix, nor does any other system enhance my healing as wonderfully as Flying Phoenix. Whether or not my goal to become at least an instructor for the basic forms manifests, I am eternally grateful simply because I want to help people and Flying Phoenix makes my path that much more rewarding with the joy that comes from witnessing the tremendous relief and release that my patients have. And so I will practice it for life even if just for the sake of supercharging my healing practices since my patients love receiving healing after I do FP.

I hadn't practiced for a few months as well because I was coming out of a two-year relationship, related to a point you had made there about how it affects our partners. While I was doing the form, a lot of things were unearthed, and my calm upset her. When I stopped, I was arguing back a lot more, and even if my other practices keep me calm, they did not have the splash effect of intrinsically healing her the way FP does. And she was a woman who practiced Reiki, Seraphim Healing, and all sorts of systems too, so she knew when I stopped doing Flying Phoenix without me telling her! Being back in the practice of FP for the past few weeks though doesn't seem like I was away at all for the few months that I stopped, and has helped the emotional healing for both of us even if I am the only one practicing FP and we no longer stay together or see each other anymore. 

That splash/jump-off effect you described was what drew me to the system initially. I love being a warrior, but the honor of being a healer is great, though I guess as you have also mentioned, healer by day, warrior by night fits the archetype I am seeking to embody and to an extent have so far the past few years in the Tao. 

I have other names for the basic seated exercises and Monk Serves Wine series, but I was a bit shy to share some when I hadn't seen too many people here come out with theirs and didn't want to come off as pretentious.

For example, #1 (5% 60% 80% 40% 30%) I nicknamed "Illuminating the Universal Mind" because of the hyper awareness and sage-like compassion that I have when I come out of the form, though I feel more like I'm inside an egg and about to hatch. If I touch people after this, they feel current in some spots. 

For #2 (50% 30% 10%) I nicknamed it "Fanning the Flames" because besides looking like that's what we're doing, and while my patients are lying down for the first twenty minutes of acupuncture, if I do this in front of them, they feel a wave every time I bring my arms up and down.

Lastly, for #3 (50% 10% 50%) that I nicknamed "Holding the Cosmic Egg", I feel a big spark or supernova between my palms and like an egg has hatched whenever I wake up, but immediately I go to heal patients and leaves an extremely concentrated surge of healing after charging up with this form for 15-20 minutes; just today, one patient felt electrical current, gentle warmth, and even water splashing up her legs when I focused on the Kidney 1 point in the soles of her feet. 

Many, many, many, many, many, many thanks, Sifu Terry and to the Doo Wai family again. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3

Hi Sifu Terry,

I know that you have said that you want each of us to find out what chi kung can do by using our own direct experiences. But I find the sharing of your own experiences from cultivation of energy over the decades to be very inspirational and I would like to hear about more of them if you care to share further stories from along the path.

• Like 3

Would love to hear more about your experiences with the meditations on DVD 5 going forward - they don't seem to get much discussion here.

I have tried dvd 5 , preparation for energy combined.  It seems to increase the energy around kidney area and rooting.

As I do it, the energy through soles seems to increase when I make the circles , when I squeeze my hands and when I increased distance between my hands.

I have done dvd 7 exercise 2... It affects heart area... and It seems to stimulate the skin on my head.

Edited by centertime
  • Like 1

I have tried dvd 5 , preparation for energy combined.  It seems to increase the energy around kidney area and rooting.

As I do it, the energy through soles seems to increase when I make the circles , when I squeeze my hands and when I increased distance between my hands.

I have done dvd 7 exercise 2... It affects heart area... and It seems to stimulate the skin on my head.

Interesting, thanks :) I might actually try that one out at some point(it's the last one on the DVD, yes?), since I suspect my kidneys could use a boost.

Side note, but I had another odd bout of spontaneous movement tonight, this time in my fingers :wacko:  I decided to mix up my routine and start doing Bending the Bows as my standing meditation, and every time I raised my hands in front of my face in the Monk Gazing at Moon posture my fingers would start shaking and twitching like mad. Just the fingers, oddly enough, at first the pinky and ring finger on the right hand. There was a bit of shaking of the same fingers in the left hand towards the end, but not much. No idea what that was about... although I did dislocate a finger in my right hand years back during a misadventure, which left a visible misalignment which can be seen as a gap between the middle and ring fingers when I hold the hand closed. Going to keep up with BTB, maybe throw in some MGAM or possibly Basic Seated #1, see what happens in those fingers.

BTB is becoming another of my favorite meditations - it feels in many ways like a more active version of MHPearl. It feels like it really gets the Qi circulating around the system, but you can still pause at the end of a cycle for a few breaths if you just want to relax and go deep (at a minimum I usually just sit at the end with the hands in front of the Dantien for a minute or two before closing the meditation).

Really love this system - hope everyone's practice is kicking ass!

ps. I think coming onto forums and talking about how much you love Qigong while buzzed off the energy from your last practice session is basically drunk-dialling for Daoists  :lol:

• Like 4

Really love this system - hope everyone's practice is kicking ass!

ps. I think coming onto forums and talking about how much you love Qigong while buzzed off the energy from your last practice session is basically drunk-dialling for Daoists  :lol:

LOL - drunk-dialing for Taoists! How appropriate! I LOVE IT!

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Is there anyone here who can stand in for Sifu Dunn to answer some questions related to FPQ practise? I PM'd him a few days ago, but no reply. I prefer not to post directly to this thread.

Thank you.

David

• Like 1

i have played with the 5 standing short forms for a few years ... visiting them  and then  letting them slip away, to do things like the 108 gong,  revitalize the 24 TCC  and add some variations to eight pieces of brocade.

This time  (post completion of the long form 108 day practice)  they just clicked.   I am enjoying doing them either each alone or as a group  2 to 5 as time permits. I also continue to use the videos  to reinforce the practices of each form.

The fifth form stands out  both in length and in the depth of penetration of qi.    So that i sometimes begin to vibrate noticeably near the end of the form that vibration quiets but persists on a deep level after completion.  I have had that happen with the long form also.

All in all it has been a very slow to come around,  but wonderful experience so far.  

I do wonder if there is any connection between various 5 element qi gong and these,  but do not get the connection to water, wood, fire, metal and earth energies related to particular short standing forms?

Edited by ridingtheox
  • Like 1

EDIT nevermind, my laptop broke

@zen-bear would you mind if I looked through the thread and made a FAQ / info compilation? I'm thinking of looking through the entire thread anyways over the next month or two.

Also would you mind if I posted basic notes from the DVD? (Names, breath sequences, legs straight/bent, recomended duration/repitions, additional info from thread etc)

Just basic stuff that is so easy to forget, to stimulate people's memory after they watched the vidoe for a few weeks.

Edited by Deltrus

If we assume that we dont lose our individual character I think that everything we reached in this lifetime is passed on into our next life. And if we really create our future in the now everything we think and do has its impact on our future. Especially this special spiritual/healing energy created by the FPCK meditations can influence your state of mind and therefore your future a lot I think.

Things I'm noticing as I practice:

- much easier to not make mistakes if I stay exactly in the current moment, the present.

- everything is getting easier as time goes on (was super hard for me at first)

- Easiest way to use the dvd is to select each individual meditation, review the start, then pause at the breath sequence. Then just press "next" when done to go back to the meditation selection screen.

I'm currently doing 4/5 standing exercises every morning.

• Like 1

I would think that what we cultivated in past lives is reflected in how any chi kung method works for us in this lifetime. There are people who do chi kung for the first time and have some amazing experiences, and others who do it for years and are not even yet feeling chi in their hands. I think there are a lot of variables/reasons involved for this, but I think one reason is how much chi did we deposit in our account from the past? We pick up this time around from where we left off. Those who did the work in the past now reap bigger benefits. To me, that explains child prodigies. But I do think that main factor is the current quality of our nervous system. If we are wired correctly, then we should be picking up the signals from the chi flowing. If not, the chi could be flowing but we might have dim awareness of anything happening. Just my thoughts here, nothing solid in terms of research to back this up.

• Like 1