Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

I got the DVDs and managed to practice a little today.

Hi Deltrus,

I'm glad to hear the dvds arrived and you've jumped into them.

I just sent you a PM before seeing your post at 4:14PM.

Be sure to post questions on the thread about your practice should they arise.

Enjoy!

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear

Thank you Sifu Terry Dunn. Thank you Sifu Terry Dunn. Thank you Sifu Terry Dunn. Thank you Sifu Terry Dunn.

I literally died and came back to life a phoenix reborn. The website for chronic fatigue syndrome is PHOENIX RISING. Funny isn't it?

I didn't receive the DVD yet but somehow FP healing energy reached me. Thank you whoever it was that guided me through the process. My chronic fatigue syndrome was cured. And it felt like every single person on this Earth was helping me, guiding my will to heal, and heal everyone on this Earth as well. 

I really am looking forward to life now. I really look forward to actually getting the DVD set.  I am looking forward to helping everyone end their suffering.

Sorry for being vague, maybe I can explain more in the future, I just really wanted to say THANK YOU ALL.

Even if you don't think you helped me, you did. 

Hello Deltrus,

You're most welcome for what you say is experiencing the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy in advance of the arrive of the DVD series.  I accept your  report at face value and  will say to the FP community that it is not impossible or improbable.  For as I've hronicled on this thread, I tuned into or tapped into and fully experienced Sri Bhagavan's Oneness Meditation deeksha energy--with its blissful activation of specific  brain centers that are different in part from the brain activation brought on by FP Qigong practice-- from reading words in a text written by Eric Isen to "Tao Stillness" which T.S. had passed on to me.

Since you believe that were able to get an advanced dose of FP Healing Energization, practice volumes 1 and 2 for a solid week or two and let me and the FP community know whether the effects from your practice using the DVDs is identical to the experience of the FP energy in advance.

Always do a controlled experiment to make sure that any energy phenomenon that you believe you have experienced is repeatable and verifiable with practice.

Enjoy your FP practice!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Today, March 16, is Bodhisattva Guanyin / Avalokitesvara's birthday! Great blessing for everyone, all creatures here below.

Guanyin or Guan Yin (Kuan Yin in the old Wade-Giles romanization) is an East Asian bodhisattva venerated by Mahayana Buddhists as the "Goddess of Mercy" in English who brings salvation through infinite compassion. The Chinese name Guanyin is short for Guanshiyin, meaning "[The One Who] Perceives the Sounds of the World". She is also referred to as Guanyin Bodhisattva (traditional Chinese: 觀世音菩薩; simplified Chinese: 观世音菩萨; pinyin: Guān shì Yīn Pú Sà).

Guanyin is beloved by all Buddhist traditions in a non-denominational way and can be found in some of the most important Buddhist centers in India, including the Mahabodhi Temple, Ajanta Caves and Nalanda Museum as well as most Tibetan temples under the name Chenrezig. Furthermore, Guanyin can also be found in some influential Theravada temples such as Gangaramaya and Kelaniya of Sri Lanka. In many major Buddhist temples in China, the front altar is devoted to worship of the Buddha Sakyamuni while the backside of the same wall, equally large is 100% devoted to Guanyin.

In Buddhism, a bodhisattva is an eternally liberated spiritual being that does not have to reincarnate --who has gotten off the wheel of deaths and rebirths (the "sorry-go-round")--but chooses to return to the earth plane and human existence out of pure compassion in order to liberate everyone else.  Part of the Bodhisattva vow goes: "No matter how innumerable the sentient beings, I vow to liberate them all."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BODHISATTVA AVALOKITESVARA!!!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

Thats really weird i wasnt going to mention this but last week when i was doing some monk serving wine meditation i saw quan yin in my mind, she was very luminous, glowing white. I wasnt sure who she was although i must have seen pictures of her before. If it wasnt monk serving wine it was meditation two of DVD 7.

But this wasnt the first time i saw her whilst meditating.... i saw her at least one other time whilst meditating a while agoguanyin.jpg

This is the closest i could find to what i she looked like after briefly looking, but she was very shiny and no gold halo or gold in her clothes and i dont remember anything much around her...perhaps greenery.

I do sometimes do white tara mantra and did an online empowerment http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/32694075

If im not mistaken white tara and quan yin are related? Im still not 100% sure about that.

I thought about mentioning it to ask what it might mean but after doing my own digging i just came to the conlusion i was being encouraged to continue my practice.

The only other time i remember anything similar to this happening when i was meditating, just mindfulness meditation, was i saw willow leaf palm in my mind and im sure i had never done it before. A few days later i went to my elemental chi gong class and sure enough that was in some of the movements we were doing although our teacher never gave it a name, wish i still practiced elemental chi gong.

• Like 1

Real experiences by Blue Phoenix that other people on the path have also shared.

My best friend's sister went to a Oneness Blessing weekend deepening event a few years ago. She was not experienced with the Oneness deeksha/energy. However, during the course she was looking up in the clouds and saw Kwan Yin. Later Kwan Yin appeared to her and taught her a simple chi kung method of holding an energy ball which she has since been able to use to heal other people.

I think White Tara and Green Tara in the Tibetan tradition serve a similar role as that of Kwan Yin, but I do not think they are the same deity/energy.

It sounds like people are starting to have some pretty mystical experiences from Flying Phoenix Chi Kung lately.

• Like 3

I was wondering about the intuitive healer Zen Bear mentioned, i believe i watched a video he was being interviewed in and i think he mentioned oneness meditation. He mentioned a profound experience which blessed him with his intuitive medical clairvoyance.

The most i have ever done to heal someone is take away some ones headache, but it came back after i moved my hands away.

• Like 2

Eric's gift came decades before he ever got into Oneness. It came to him while on an experimental 6 month meditation course by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi of TM where he taught the correct way to do Patanjali's Yoga Sutras which when done correctly always result in a state of higher consciousness like described in the Vedas or by advanced yogis or real chi kung masters.

• Like 2

Oh thats right, he described going to a realm where everything was gold...sounds intense. Being able to know what is wrong with some one is so impressive, that would be so useful, i really wish i could do it.

• Like 1

Maharishi used to say that when someone is in God Consciousness, everything appears to have a gold aura to it.

Eric said that he wishes that he could also heal the things that he sees wrong in the body but it would take a certain level of higher consciousness to be able to do that. He does not believe that it can be learned, it has to result from going to even a higher level of consciousness.

• Like 2

I can't express how valuable this community thread is. It is no doubt it played a role in keeping me on the path and getting me back to practice a couple weeks ago. 

I'll share how synchronicity and how doing the form led to minor miracles the past week. 

So while with friends practicing Flying Phoenix's Monk Gazing at Moon, Monk Holding Pearl, Fanning the Flames and Holding the Cosmic Egg (the nicknames that I gave to Seated Meditations 2 and 3, which are 50% 30% 10% and 50% 10% 50% respectively), once we finished Seated Meditation 3, the moment we all decided to open our eyes, fireworks erupted and we had a grand view...of blue, red, white, and purple fireworks. 

Later in the week, as I tend to do about a half hour of Flying Phoenix when I give people ear acupuncture, and then use Reiki, my patients told me about a penetrating warmth, and one mentioned how when closing his eyes, he saw a blue supernova ball in front of him.

I am glad this system is easy to return to and this community is encouraging for all of us, whether beginners or veterans, casual or hardcore. 

• Like 3

I managed to heal something in my own body once, in my early twenties i managed to first open my third eye and slowly my kundalini or bliss became more prevalent...one of the things that made my bliss stronger is i had weird experience with a UFO/Ball of light. I still am not sure what that was all about.

Also i did a meditation where you move your conciousness into your heart, i did that 3 or 4 different occasions... it seemed so much easier to do back then. I also thought about unconditional love allot.

Anyway i would get spontaneous bliss in my heart and third eye. Sometimes intense enough to make me stop what i was doing and just enjoy it. When it was really intense it was like deep warm liquid bliss. So i was dancing in my room to Drum and bass and i was feeling this bliss... i landed on my foot funny and i hurt my ankle. It hurt allot even when i took it off the floor for some time so im guessing i sprained it.

I decided to focus all the bliss i was feeling into my ankle and it was healed straight away...so i carried on dancing  :) 

That was when i was 23/24 and i dont feel it as intensely anymore. Im almost 30 and i have to stop telling myself its too late to get back that bliss. As long as i stop my self destructive thoughts and behaviors, heal my IBS i should get it back and perhaps even heal people with it.

• Like 1

I can't express how valuable this community thread is. It is no doubt it played a role in keeping me on the path and getting me back to practice a couple weeks ago. 

I'll share how synchronicity and how doing the form led to minor miracles the past week. 

So while with friends practicing Flying Phoenix's Monk Gazing at Moon, Monk Holding Pearl, Fanning the Flames and Holding the Cosmic Egg (the nicknames that I gave to Seated Meditations 2 and 3, which are 50% 30% 10% and 50% 10% 50% respectively), once we finished Seated Meditation 3, the moment we all decided to open our eyes, fireworks erupted and we had a grand view...of blue, red, white, and purple fireworks. 

Earl Grey where did you see these fireworks...was this with your eyes open? I have never seen any energy manifest itself, i dont know anyone to practice with but i hope to in future.

I did have someone who works at a crystal shop say that i have a lovely aura so i asked what color it was and she said mostly blue so thats probably down to the FP

• Like 1

Hello Deltrus,

You're most welcome for what you say is experiencing the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy in advance of the arrive of the DVD series. I accept your report at face value and will say to the FP community that it is not impossible or improbable. For as I've hronicled on this thread, I tuned into or tapped into and fully experienced Sri Bhagavan's Oneness Meditation deeksha energy--with its blissful activation of specific brain centers that are different in part from the brain activation brought on by FP Qigong practice-- from reading words in a text written by Eric Isen to "Tao Stillness" which T.S. had passed on to me.

Since believe that were able to get an advanced dose of FP Healing Energization, practice volumes 1 and 2 for a solid week or two and let me and the FP commuity know whether the effects from your practice using the DVDs is identical to the experience of the FP energy in advance.

Always do a controlled experiment to make sure that any energy phenomenon that you believe you have experienced is repeatable and verifiable with practice.

Enjoy your FP practice!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Wow. Let me just say it is absolutely touching that you believed me. I'd love to speak to you personally IRL about all the experiences I've been having. I thought I was going crazy with the "in advanced" energy. Thank you so much for this comment, you are my idol for sure :D

Yeah anyways I'm going to be working with the DVD's, I will let you guys know how well they work.

This is good wisdom. Really makes me think.

What do you think about stuff like spontaneous qigong and one time experiences of energy phenomenon that aren't verifiable? Like I had some WEIRD/cool visions and such during a psychotic episode.

Or was it even that? I'm not even sure, there could be so many explanations, spiritual and scientific.

Not even sure if I was just hallucinating/confused/awakening spiritually, in hindsight. Surreal is the word to describe it, rather than real. Anyways this happened two weeks ago around the time that I posted last. I'm doing very well now though, very grounded in reality and feeling better than ever.

EDIT: Yeah this energy that the first 3 meditations give is very good and smooth. Feels just like the energy I got 2 weeks ago. I almost think it is related to serotonin. Man it is weird how this stuff works. I would love to combine science and supernatural phenomenon.

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 1

Earl Grey where did you see these fireworks...was this with your eyes open? I have never seen any energy manifest itself, i dont know anyone to practice with but i hope to in future.

I did have someone who works at a crystal shop say that i have a lovely aura so i asked what color it was and she said mostly blue so thats probably down to the FP

To clarify--yes, eyes open. This is not energy manifesting itself from Flying Phoenix (as far as I know), this was synchronicity with the fact we chose to end our session seconds before an actual fireworks show began. It was not planned nor did we have any idea, but it to me with the rest of our meditation practice that day for the full moon indicated that we are in alignment with the perfect timing of the universe. 

As for seeing blue energy, it was when some people's eyes were closed or at times I see it as an outline around my body very faintly against white walls with eyes open.

• Like 2

Alright few questions for volume 2 seated meditations, just watched through it and was fairly decent at 1-3 since they were easy to learn. (probably hard to master though)

1. I notice that you breath fairly quickly during the 50% 80% 10% etc breathing sequences. I was under the impression that breathing slowly and deeply is always better. Is this false? My rhythm was all off, usually I breath as slowly as possible, in meditations especially.

2. Do you time breathing with your movements? With qigong, I have been breathing out with upward / outward movements and in with inward/downward movements. One movement = one breath. Is this a good strategy with FP chi kung? 

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 1

I read some master saying that you need an understanding of TCM for chi kung to be effective.

Since I will not be enrolling in acupuncture school in this lifetime, I instead ordered "The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Medicine", translation and commentary by Maoshing Ni of the famous family of healers in Los Angeles. His father has written at least one hundred books I think and I have some of them. I just started reading The Yellow Emperor book and it is written in a way that is understandable to the Western mind. Pretty fascinating, especially since right from the beginning it is stating things similar to the teachings of Oneness and also the Tao Te Ching. No surprise there. Reading it so far makes me have an even deeper appreciation of the energy art of chi kung and I feel very fortunate that it is part of my life.

• Like 3

I recently started reading 'Live Long, Live Well' by Peter Deadman. Beautiful book, all about the Chinese yangsheng (nourishment of life) tradition.

• Like 3

one month post 108 day gong of  the long form ...  still feeling new energy flows when i now practice it,  the long form.

have now worked on  the five standing short forms  strangely subtitled 90-second power meditations.   They are bringing up more energy awareness ...  

the demos generally run from 3 to 5 minutes in length  today i imitated the demo  timed it and then did the form at the speed of shifting sand ...  slow that is:

#1   4:30:  #2  4:25;  #3 6:00 #4  5:40  and  #5  8:10  total practice time 48:00  

imitating the demo guaranteed that i did all the breath control and  movements correctly  that's  just under 30 min work out.

I am considering a shorter period of practice/gong with these 5 gems.

peace to all beings

• Like 5

Would love to hear more about your experiences with the meditations on DVD 5 going forward - they don't seem to get much discussion here.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 1

Alright few questions for volume 2 seated meditations, just watched through it and was fairly decent at 1-3 since they were easy to learn. (probably hard to master though)

1. I notice that you breath fairly quickly during the 50% 80% 10% etc breathing sequences. I was under the impression that breathing slowly and deeply is always better. Is this false? My rhythm was all off, usually I breath as slowly as possible, in meditations especially.

2. Do you time breathing with your movements? With qigong, I have been breathing out with upward / outward movements and in with inward/downward movements. One movement = one breath. Is this a good strategy with FP chi kung? 

Hello Deltrus,

I did not come across any official explanation as to the speed of percentage breathing. I too breathe deep and slow , it takes about 2,5- 4 minutes on average. It is more like a signal to unconsciousness than pranayam. Breathing needs to go deep into your belly on the sequences, and after that, you let it to its own accord and do not control or time it.

Exercises provide a kind of breathless bliss state after a certain amount cultivation in the future and by obtaining the correct habit of letting breath free of attention , it is easy to maintain and pass through this "sort of embryonic  breathing state" phase during the exercises with less emotional reaction :-)

Happy practicing 

Cihan

Edited by cihan
  • Like 2

Thanks, I found the best results come from a combination of guidance and letting things happen on their own. Makes sense to not control or time it. Everyone is different and has different paths, all to the same point, which is mastery.

I think from this point on I will stop following the DVD exactly and will instead break each move into parts and memorize the concept. I have trouble learning just from copying. I gotta see the inner essense of the moves and make it my own.

That is why I love internet videos for learning, you can so easily skip around to relevent parts, and you can go at your own pace.

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 1

"break each move into parts and memorize the concept" ? 

I am not really sure what you want to do, but maybe this is a good timing to tell about a dream I recently had.

It was a very, very vivid dream, I would say that it felt more real than normal life and everything was much more colorful. 

I was in meditation pose in a white room. Then an older man came by and touched my head. I saw blue light everywhere and felt energy throughout my body. The old man told me 3 words: Shu, Ha, Ri. 

Then I woke up. Still got those words in my mind, but I thought it was just some words I made up in my dream, meaningless. Nevertheless, I searched for it in google and it came out that "shuhari"  is a Japanese martial arts concept, describing the stages of learning to mastery.

"It is known that, when we learn or train in something, we pass through the stages of shuha, and ri. These stages are explained as follows. In shu, we repeat the forms and discipline ourselves so that our bodies absorb the forms that our forebears created. We remain faithful to these forms with no deviation. Next, in the stage of ha, once we have disciplined ourselves to acquire the forms and movements, we make innovations. In this process the forms may be broken and discarded. Finally, in ri, we completely depart from the forms, open the door to creative technique, and arrive in a place where we act in accordance with what our heart/mind desires, unhindered while not overstepping laws." (Endo SeishiroWikipedia)

What i am trying to say is.. among other things this dream to me was like a warning, to not skip "Shu", the fundamental stage. 

It doesn't have to be true to you and I dont want to tell you what to do and what not to do, but I just wanted to share it :-)

Edited by phil48
  • Like 7