Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Had a really interesting experience earlier - decided to sit down for a quick Basic Seated #3. As I was finishing up the breath sequence my hands started the usual in and out waving motion, and the usual energy movement/posture adjustment effects started up, but a few minutes into the meditation I started to get a pronounced swaying in my torso as well, swinging side to side and slightly backward/forward, so my spine was swinging in a figure 8. 

Not sure if it's the energy up in here in the mountains (does environmental energy effect the FP meditations? Either way it's amazing up here, I can see why the masters sought out mountains for their retreats & temples) or just progress with the seated meditations, but either way it was cool - and very relaxing!

Basic Seated #3 is fast becoming one of my favorite FP meditations, very easy, can knock it out in a short session or keep it going a bit longer, and it really seems to bring on those deeper states of mental relaxation.

• Like 2

Had a really interesting experience earlier - decided to sit down for a quick Basic Seated #3. As I was finishing up the breath sequence my hands started the usual in and out waving motion, and the usual energy movement/posture adjustment effects started up, but a few minutes into the meditation I started to get a pronounced swaying in my torso as well, swinging side to side and slightly backward/forward, so my spine was swinging in a figure 8. 

Not sure if it's the energy up in here in the mountains (does environmental energy effect the FP meditations? Either way it's amazing up here, I can see why the masters sought out mountains for their retreats & temples) or just progress with the seated meditations, but either way it was cool - and very relaxing!

Basic Seated #3 is fast becoming one of my favorite FP meditations, very easy, can knock it out in a short session or keep it going a bit longer, and it really seems to bring on those deeper states of mental relaxation.

Hi, Aeran I recently started practicing FP after a long time not practicing, but Basic seated #3 was my favorite meditation at that time because it was so nice to do and I went deeper with that meditation. I also experienced swaying in my torso, but mine was more a slow clockwise rotation, with amazing ralaxed state of mind. According to Sifu Christopher Lee Matsuo this has to do with the spinal energies (especially the sushumna energy channel), this spinal rotation is part of his Kwan Yin magnetic chi gong, to awaken the energy in the spine, leading up to the brain. I have also experienced this in the past when entering a deep marijuana induced state (sorry if this offends some people, just adding for interest's sake). I don't know if this can be applied to FP practice 100%, but this shows how powerfull a BASIC FP meditation can be! :lol:

WARNING!!!

What I am going to relate about the above mention of marijuana comes from both one of the highest spiritual masters/meditation teachers in the history of this planet, and also unfortunately from my own direct personal experience from over 40 years ago when I experimented with marijuana.

When in instructed in Transcendental Meditation people are warned to never do meditation while smoking pot. The reasons were not given but I found out what can happen. Apparently, marijuana opens the protective aspect of the energy body and allows the possibility for what I will just term negative energy to invade the energy body and this can influence your thinking, feeling and behaviors for quite awhile.

This especially can happen when you smoke pot and then decide to do your meditation program. I eventually found a person skilled in removing the negative influence. The positive changes resulting from the procedure were very evident immediately.

I am not implying that Shiva 33 meditated when he smoked pot. The mention of marijuana just stirred me to post this as a warning.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

I gave up even trying any form of lotus long ago :-) Sure it looks cool and might give you some extra confidance boost, but.

GMDW sits on a chair while teaching and demonstrating other sitting moving meds on DVDs and for some exercises advises only crossing the legs while sitting, not mentions any lotus pos. I agree the ideal form to be half lotus for Fpck, and Sifu Terry is teaching awesome unwatered pure stuff. But I at least, tried desperately to train for that cool position for long time, and concluded I am wasting my time. All I got was pain which distracted me more than mind chatter on meditations, and pain cut back my practice time. How can you forget your body while in discomfort and pain? I am not that kind of a warrior :-)

For over 5 years I am practicing sitting cross legged leaning to a cushion on my lowerback, and experiencing pretty strong effects.

Maybe, ability to sit in lotus comes after leg channels fully open up I don't know, but I improved a lot with the meds in that position.

You might try the help and techniques of Hata Yogins for lotus sitting, their techniques are good, but it did not work on me. You may be luckier and flexible than me.

Happy practicing

Hello Cihan,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a hard and discouraging time trying to assume the half-lotus position.  I have a couple of students who find it impossible to sit in half-lotus or even cross-legged.  So the  next best thing is to do the seated MSW meditations while sitting in a chair with the feet flat on the floor.

There is, however, a way to condition oneself to be able to do the half-lotus position.  And that  is a long and rigorous regimen of daily stretching over many months that an advanced kung fu teacher, advanced Qigong teacher, advanced yoga teacher , or advanced ballet teacher can teach you.  I have developed over the past 42 years an extensive and elaborate stretching program consisting of 30+ stretching and postural exercises that can run 90 minutes and more.  In order to be able to assume the half-lotus one has to develop flexibility in all the muscles and ligaments found in the legs, groin, hips, sacrum, lower back, and in many cases in the shoulders, chest, upper neck and the occipital region at the base-of-the-skull--so that one can come close to doing a front (Japanese) split and the  side (Amerian) split.  One one is loose enough to do respectable side split and a front split, then one should be able to sit in a half-lotus.  An extensive stretching program such as what I teach can be tough and challenging, but where there's a will there is a way...to the half-lotus.

If you are interested in getting private online tutorials in my stretching regimen, consisting of some 40 classical stretching exercises, let me know through PM.

Good Luck.

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

WARNING!!!

What I am going to relate about the above mention of marijuana comes from both one of the highest spiritual masters/meditation teachers in the history of this planet, and also unfortunately from my own direct personal experience from over 40 years ago when I experimented with marijuana.

When in instructed in Transcendental Meditation people are warned to never do meditation while smoking pot. The reasons were not given but I found out what can happen. Apparently, marijuana opens the protective aspect of the energy body and allows the possibility for what I will just term negative energy to invade the energy body and this can influence your thinking, feeling and behaviors for quite awhile.

This especially can happen when you smoke pot and then decide to do your meditation program. I eventually found a person skilled in removing the negative influence. The positive changes resulting from the procedure were very evident immediately.

I am not implying that Shiva 33 meditated when he smoked pot. The mention of marijuana just stirred me to post this as a warning.

Marijuana has its uses, just like all sacred plants, but I would never advise anyone to do meditation after smoking (I personally have never done this). Marijuana intencifies/amplifies everything, so you would have to be an expert "driver" on the path of meditation or do it with close supervision from a Tantric master. PLEASE DO NOT mix sacred plants with meditation, you would be walking on the razor's edge and risk mental problems or worse! Sifu Terry has stated on here that no one should mix substances like Marijuana or alchohol with FP practice.

What may help meditation in general, are the much safer Chinese tonic shen herbs or Indian satvic herbs, like Reishi (my favorite), Gotu Kola, Shizandra or Tulsi to name a few. These are good for health in general and boosts immunity and stress relief. Even with these I would advise using some caution because the added effect may be too much (depending on how much you take, when you take it and the quality of the herb).

btw: "one of the highest spiritual masters/meditation teachers in the history of this planet" Serious?

Many years ago when I first found meditation I tried it on a variety of drugs such as MDMA, LSD and Marijuana. For me, all of the experiences were good.

The positive and negative aspects of this are complex. What are you're aims of meditation? Some times you are looking to alter your state of mind so that you can put reality into a better perspective. If so, then meditation on drugs can help as you are able to see the fragility of reality. But, you can then struggle to recreate these experiences when not on drugs.

If you are really trying to improve yourself, then little progress is made on an occasional trip.

On retreat, arguably, I surpassed the drug induced experiences. So I realised that natural methods are better. But are they in the end just as addictive?

Now, I don't go down that path at all.

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 1

Hi, Aeran I recently started practicing FP after a long time not practicing, but Basic seated #3 was my favorite meditation at that time because it was so nice to do and I went deeper with that meditation. I also experienced swaying in my torso, but mine was more a slow clockwise rotation, with amazing ralaxed state of mind. According to Sifu Christopher Lee Matsuo this has to do with the spinal energies (especially the sushumna energy channel), this spinal rotation is part of his Kwan Yin magnetic chi gong, to awaken the energy in the spine, leading up to the brain. I have also experienced this in the past when entering a deep marijuana induced state (sorry if this offends some people, just adding for interest's sake). I don't know if this can be applied to FP practice 100%, but this shows how powerfull a BASIC FP meditation can be! :lol:

Hey,

I've also resumed practicing after a long break, so you're not the only one. One of the great things about FPCK is that it's extremely easy to pick back up.

It wouldn't surprise me if the spinal channel was somehow involved in the swaying induced during the seated meditations, especially given how deeply they seem to bring you into a deep state of relaxation. Basic Seated #1 also seemed to have a strong effect on the spine when I was practicing it for a few days last month, although it didn't induce the "figure 8" swaying.

I haven't managed to induce the same swaying effect at all actually since that one time - maybe it really was the effect of being up in the mountainous rainforest?

I think in this case, the term "basic" is relative :P Or possibly a reference to the ease of execution (little/no movement, compared to the MSW meditations) as opposed to it's efficacy. 

• Like 1

Seems like quite a few people are coming and going back into practice. I'm on a bit of a break now myself, but I love reading about other people's experiences here. Almost makes me feel the FP energy just reading about people returning to the practice and sharing their experiences! 

Quick question to Sifu Terry.

Background: I am currently on a long break from FP because of a personal decision I've made to focus on my current practices with my teachers before I return to FP. I am doing so because I believe it's better to not try to fit in FP half-heartedly into my daily training, which is anywhere from 4-6 hours a day already without FP, and also simply because I don't have time for it. 

My belief is that I must do FP when I can completely dedicate my time to FP rather than treating it as a nice extra practice on top of what I am already doing, one that as I have mentioned before, I wish to eventually learn enough to become an instructor of myself, at least for the basic and intermediate forms with your approval. I am unable to dedicate the time I feel is necessary daily thusly. In my personal practice journal here, a fellow practitioner suggested I at least "say hi" to FP from time to time by doing one or two forms on the occasion, even if not daily, but whenever I can, say for example if one day of the week I suddenly managed to not only do all my practices already and have the chance to do FP, to do so both to get the energy and maintain at least a little practice here and there. 

So my question: is it better to A.) not do practice at all until I can dedicate the minimum hour or so that I used to daily, or B.) try to do it whenever I can even if not daily or weekly? The goal here is towards eventual mastery and acquiring as much of the unique FP energy, with the intention of eventually being considered to teach with your approval? 

I will note that I am in no rush towards mastery and can wait 10 years or 20 years, as with the traditional practice of patience and perseverance, or as they say, "Slow down, slow down, I'm in a hurry!"

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

I saw someone else recommended vimeo for online distribution of FP Chi Kung, and I also very much recommend it. It is somewhat inconvenient to use DVDs, the shipping time is long and DVDs can't play on some of the newer laptops or tablets that do not have dvd players. A lot of the time now, instead of VHS or DVD, people purely download stuff straight off the internet. 

You can see some other people are selling qigong instructional videos on it:

https://vimeo.com/search/ondemand?q=qigong

Should be very easy :) But if you don't want to do this, no problem, just tell me and I'l have to buy the physical versions.

I also have a few questions about FP Chi Kung. 

1. How long do the first two DVDs typically take to get good at, on average? 

2. Do the first two DVDs contain "the essentials"? Or is the full core of FP Chi Kung contained in additional DVDs?

I don't have a lot of money sadly. And the Canadian dollar is so low. 

I made an introductory post about myself and the health issues I've been having here. My main symptom I'm trying to tackle is very bad fatigue that cannot be diagnosed by western medicine at this time. 

I have done some very basic stuff, such as Zhan Zhuang and 8 Brocades. They helped me quite a bit, but I relapse a lot. I notice that my tongue was white for 4 years and recently became pink  for two weeks, and I feel a bit better. 

A problem that I've been having, is that some days I am very successful with  these techniques, my qi moves very smoothly, everything feels balanced, and I have much more energy. But then I go to bed and wake up, and my whole body is in disharmony and my qi feels like it hangs up at many different spots, moves slow, and doesn't flow smoothly. And my whole body feels uncomfortable.

As such, I seem to not make much progress.   

3. What is your experience with people who have similar initial difficulties? Of course everyone is different, but I was wondering if there was some trends you have noticed in those that have bad health, especially with FP Chi Kung vs other meditative arts.

EDIT: for the crossed out stuff, I found the answer within myself and so it is no longer relevant.

For how long it will take, I already know how to do some qigong and I learned how to adapt and follow different practices. I should be able to pick up anything up to what I've already done quickly, and after that I'm just following an eternal dao with no end. There is no point of mastery. I'm an infinite distance from where I was, and an infinite distance from what is possible. 

As for my health issues, I'm the person who knows myself the best, and so I should follow my instinct. The only bottleneck, is making my brain work well every day so that my instinct  is more precise, and I already built a foundation for that.  I just need to keep trying, since I got so far already, then it wouldn't make sense that I couldn't go farther, I just need to keep applying my strategies. 

I think I just had a few bad days where I lost faith in myself. I need to understand where I stumbled, just like how everyone at any level needs to understand where they stumbled. It isn't a secret, it is just part of the ongoing process of cultivation. I've stumbled like 1000 times already, if I always relied on others then I wouldn't get anywhere.

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 2

My experience with time management and wanting to practice different qigong methods and other energy systems and meeting the needs of family life while also wanting to do some Flying Phoenix meditation has made me realize like anything else in life, it is a matter of personal priorities. When your goal is strong enough to want to become a teacher of Flying Phoenix then that will be your priority and you will arrange your life so that you have time for it. Until then, Sifu Terry has said many times that FP is a cumulative energy and thus it takes regular practice for this energy to build. Our life is based on choices, and I think our choices are based on what we value. And I have found that over time our values may change.

• Like 4

Another interesting experience with Basic Seated #3 - I started getting some serious spinal movement again, but this time it was swaying sinuously side to side, like a snake. I can't even properly imitate the movement manually now that I'm out of the meditation, it felt like there was actually some kind of powerful (but gentle, if that makes sense) breeze flowing around my body, moving it from side to side.

God I love these meditations. Never a dull moment, it seems like some new and awesome aspect of the practice seems to reveal itself on a fairly regular basis.

I'm going to aim for a month of performing Basic Seated #3 every day, try and deepen my experience with the meditation and see what else pops up. 

I'm also experimenting with trying to make sure I perform both a standing and seated exercise in each session, and was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on whether it's better to perform standing then seated, or vice versa? It feels like standing > seated would result in going mentally deeper in the seated session, with the accumulated momentum from the earlier standing practice, while vice versa might help the FP Qi circulate more fully, but this is pure speculation, and I'd love to know if anyone else has insight into this area from their own practice.

• Like 1

Regarding seated #3 I have been doing it lately with 216 repetitions inspired by Earl Grey's practice log.

It has a deep effect each time I do it. It feels like a direct contact to spirit and I receive lots of intuitive information each time.

• Like 2

Regarding seated #3 I have been doing it lately with 216 repetitions inspired by Earl Grey's practice log.

It has a deep effect each time I do it. It feels like a direct contact to spirit and I receive lots of intuitive information each time.

I think you mean seated #1 with the palms turning inwards and outwards (5% 60% 80% 40% 30%). ;) I love it and it is one of my favorite basic forms. 

• Like 1

WARNING!!!

Hi, Tao Stillness what do you mean by negative energy? I have been under demonic oppresion...the best way to sum it up. But i think these entities have been abducting me since i was a toddler or a baby even...after all my research into alien abduction shows that abduction is a life long thing and if your seeing them then most likely your an abductee... i have other reasons to belive so also.

It was only in 2013 when thanks to mindfulness meditation i started to over come my porn addiction, that summer i managed to go three weeks no fap and i woke up in sleep paralysis with a grey alien standing at the foot of my bed.

Another experience i had was a year and a half later when as i was waking up i felt energy being drained from my left arm, i tunred my head over and before i opened my eyes i saw a reptilian entity, in what im guessing is the astral plane, arm outstretched holding my hand with a big creepy grin on its face.

Ive done silly simon before and the first big visual to hit me was what looked like an alien language, although i cant remember it properly now. But its was compicated and vivid nothing my imagination could come up with, this was many years ago before the entity experiences i mentioned. The language was golden, shining in a double helix spinning in a giant void with other strands in the distance and it seemed to go well with the music i was listening to.

The thing it reminded me of though was serpent like in essence a bit like the dollar bill sign $ or just S is serpent like, but more complicated, like if a reptilian alien language existed it would look like that. I think psychadellics can open you up but not necessarily and perhaps they just show you what is already there.

My bloodline is probably cursed.

Sorry for going off topic. I might have found a solution though, although its even harder to believe. After hearing so many near death experiences about Jesus i ended up going to church...long story short i had chritians pray for me and i confessed sins ect ect.

A week later i ended up wrestling with that entity in a dream or out of body and we fell on my bed except my hand was on it, it  seemed pretty short actually and it was wriggling and gyrating...thrusting its hip peversely, i some how called on Jesus and the entity evaporated.

Yep what the actual ****

Again sorry for going off topic.

• Like 1

I thought your post was pretty interesting. Funny how the golden language was in a double helix just like DNA. 

Perhaps these are projections of experiences from your ancestors?

If I go under the presumption that it wasn't an alien thing, and also accept that you had these since birth, that is my only explanation. I really don't think it is likely aliens exist.

Of course it could be aliens, I wouldn't discount that totally, but let's think of it this way --

Perhaps an ancestor like 2k-100k years ago tripped on some mushrooms, like in the stoned ape theory. Then that ancestor saw a lizard, hallucinated it to be a lizard-person with specific traits, and  then that mental object somehow turned into coding in our dna. Later, that mental object would become an aspect of the brain, and it would be an evolutionary advantage.

And now somehow you can see the truth behind the origin of this mental object in the brain, a hallucination of a lizard person from long past. 

Perhaps the "silly simon" (aka psilocybin mushrooms), allowed you to see very deep into your subconscious.

Yep that is my only explanation that average people wont think of as crazy, if that isn't the case then  aliens are real and malicious and I'd be pretty scared   :blink:

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 1

I think you mean seated #1 with the palms turning inwards and outwards (5% 60% 80% 40% 30%). ;) I love it and it is one of my favorite basic forms. 

You are probably right.

I am referring to the numbering Sifu Terry made in a post in this thread.

Anyway it is a nice meditation. Will see how the next experience will unfold  :)

• Like 1

I saw someone else recommended vimeo for online distribution of FP Chi Kung, and I also very much recommend it. It is somewhat inconvenient to use DVDs, the shipping time is long and DVDs can't play on some of the newer laptops or tablets that do not have dvd players. A lot of the time now, instead of VHS or DVD, people purely download stuff straight off the internet. 

You can see some other people are selling qigong instructional videos on it:

https://vimeo.com/search/ondemand?q=qigong

Should be very easy :) But if you don't want to do this, no problem, just tell me and I'l have to buy the physical versions.

I also have a few questions about FP Chi Kung. 

1. How long do the first two DVDs typically take to get good at, on average? 

2. Do the first two DVDs contain "the essentials"? Or is the full core of FP Chi Kung contained in additional DVDs?

I don't have a lot of money sadly. And the Canadian dollar is so low. 

I made an introductory post about myself and the health issues I've been having here. My main symptom I'm trying to tackle is very bad fatigue that cannot be diagnosed by western medicine at this time. 

I have done some very basic stuff, such as Zhan Zhuang and 8 Brocades. They helped me quite a bit, but I relapse a lot. I notice that my tongue was white for 4 years and recently became pink  for two weeks, and I feel a bit better. 

A problem that I've been having, is that some days I am very successful with  these techniques, my qi moves very smoothly, everything feels balanced, and I have much more energy. But then I go to bed and wake up, and my whole body is in disharmony and my qi feels like it hangs up at many different spots, moves slow, and doesn't flow smoothly. And my whole body feels uncomfortable.

As such, I seem to not make much progress.   

3. What is your experience with people who have similar initial difficulties? Of course everyone is different, but I was wondering if there was some trends you have noticed in those that have bad health, especially with FP Chi Kung vs other meditative arts.

EDIT: for the crossed out stuff, I found the answer within myself and so it is no longer relevant.

For how long it will take, I already know how to do some qigong and I learned how to adapt and follow different practices. I should be able to pick up anything up to what I've already done quickly, and after that I'm just following an eternal dao with no end. There is no point of mastery. I'm an infinite distance from where I was, and an infinite distance from what is possible. 

As for my health issues, I'm the person who knows myself the best, and so I should follow my instinct. The only bottleneck, is making my brain work well every day so that my instinct  is more precise, and I already built a foundation for that.  I just need to keep trying, since I got so far already, then it wouldn't make sense that I couldn't go farther, I just need to keep applying my strategies. 

I think I just had a few bad days where I lost faith in myself. I need to understand where I stumbled, just like how everyone at any level needs to understand where they stumbled. It isn't a secret, it is just part of the ongoing process of cultivation. I've stumbled like 1000 times already, if I always relied on others then I wouldn't get anywhere.

Hello Deltrus,

Thank you for your suggestion for me to make the FP Qigong/Chi Kung For Health DVD series available through streaming platforms such as Vimeo.  Yours is not the first.   Next month, as soon as I get over a top-priority writing project,  I will be upgrading my Vimeo account and then making the DVD series available through that site and others of similar quality.  I presently have just one video on my Vimeo account:  No. 8 of the Advanced Flying Phoenix series (there are 9 in total).

Answer to your remaining question:

The "essentials" of the Flying Phoenix Qigong system is the entire SYSTEM, as taught on the DVD series Vols. 1-5 and Vol.7.  Since vol.4's Long Form Meditation is the CAPSTONE PRACTICE that subsumes the practice of all other FP meditations, one might make a stretch and say that the "essentials" are all contained in that exercise.  But the practice taught on Vol.5 and Vol.7 are not contained nor subsumed by Vol.4's Long Form.   if one practices Vol.5 and Vol.7 after learning the Long Form Standing med. on Vol.4, one will derive energizing and rejuvenating benefits  NOT imparted by the Long Form Standing Meditation.  Remember that FP Qigong is a complete and authentic Taoist monastic Qigong SYSTEM.  Any QIGONG worth practicing for strong immunity, freedom from disease, and longevity, typically has to be a System. 

I'm glad to see in the cross-outs in your post that you found the answer to those questions within yourself.  But even though you crossed it out, I will answer anyway your question or comment about practicing FP Qigong to good effects int he evening, going to sleep, and then waking up with:   my whole body is in disharmony and my qi feels like it hangs up at many different spots, moves slow, and doesn't flow smoothly. And my whole body feels uncomfortable.

The condition that you wake up with maybe signs of healing going on in your sleep that  you are not even feeling nor aware of during your waking hours.  FP Qigongs Healing Energy never rests.  Once  it is cultivated, it permeates the body looking for dis-ease and time-bound pains to unravel and dis-corporate.  OR the uncomfortable symptoms you are feeling may be what's going on in your body all the time and the FP Qigong's conditioning has enabled you to feel the "energy hang ups" and "disharmony."  Actually, you need to give a more detailed and precise description of the symptoms you are waking up with.  You can do a workup / energy diagnosis with me via Skype online.  How long does the uncomfortable condition, disharmony and "hung-up energy" last after you wake in the morning?  Does it continue throughout your day?  Does it go away after you have breakfast or any meal?  Does it go away every time you practice FP Qigong?  if that is the case, then practice more--LOTS MORE-- until the negative symptoms are gone.

..or you can consult with someone like medical clairvoyant Eric Isen, who is extremely competent and accurate.  You can also have Eric remotely read what effects--healthy or unhealthy--various Meditation arts,Yogas and exercises like FP Qigong will have on you specifically.

You sound quite down on yourself for I'm not sure what.  You imply a falling short on discipline, focus, perserverance in practicing FP Qigong?  You state that you've made good progress already.  Good.  But then you wrongly say that:

"There is no point of mastery. I'm an infinite distance from where I was, and an infinite distance from what is possible."

Mastery is indeed the point...along with all the positive benefits that come on that path towards it--no matter how "infinitely far" you believe mastery is from your present skill level.  Continue your practice by any means possible.  Because a master is simply someone who started before  you did and kept going.  Don't let the uncomfortable morning feelings of disharmony or what you describe as having fallen down 1,000 times discourage you from practicing to attain harmony, strength, high energy,  vibrant energy flow, mental clarity, spiritual wisdom, and bliss.  

As Bodhidarma taught the Shaolin community that he founded:

"To fall down seven times is to arise and eighth.  Life begins from NOW."

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S.  This art needs to be preserved and transmitted to future generations.  Why do you think I am on this thread every week?  I'm constantly encouraging FP Practtioners to go further, practice more and get to the point of perfect retention of the entire FP Qigong SYSTEM, knowing every FP Meditation inside and out, and learning how to heal with the FP Energy.

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

Thank you very much Sifu Terry Dunn. You are right, I was down on myself for a while. I made great progress with my health but stumbled and had horrible health for two weeks straight, I thought I lost my progress for a sec there. But I actually am rapidly figuring out my problem and making progress, with both western and eastern knowledge.

I ended up buying the 1-5 dvd earlier today, which is a decision I'm happy with now in retrospect now that I know it should be kept as a full set, and also that the vimeo version wont be online for a while.

"The master is just someone who started before you and just kept going". Truth

• Like 1

I will second that the master is someone who has started before us and just kept going.

I remember the avatar of southern India explaining that we have all done so much work in our past lives and now it is his job to do the rest of the work for us in order to reach the goal of Awakening.

And the founder of Transcendental Meditation taught us that once someone is initiated in TM they will always be on the path. In other words, they can stop meditating at some point in this lifetime but they will pick it up again in future lifetime. So to me it seems that one way to measure progress is to think in a longer span of time. A few years ago I was having a session with a very gifted sensitive whom I had worked with for over 20 years and her accuracy for me was well documented during that entire period. I complained to her that I really don't experience as much progress from chi kung as I would expect considering how many years I have been doing it and only feeling chi flow in my hands but never anywhere else. She replied to me that all this energy work is preparing me for the next level.

I was reminded of this dilemma about people who are making faster progress while watching my alma mater, Oklahoma State University play a recent basketball game on tv. They have the best 3 point shooter in college on the team. The announcer revealed that he has become the most efficient 3 point scorer because each day he shoots enough shots from the 3 point range until he can make 600 baskets from 3 point range! That means he shoots way more than 600 shots each day to make the 600. So he is a master of the 3 point basket because he made progress by putting in all that work. Point made, pun intended.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

Hey,

I've also resumed practicing after a long break, so you're not the only one. One of the great things about FPCK is that it's extremely easy to pick back up.

It wouldn't surprise me if the spinal channel was somehow involved in the swaying induced during the seated meditations, especially given how deeply they seem to bring you into a deep state of relaxation. Basic Seated #1 also seemed to have a strong effect on the spine when I was practicing it for a few days last month, although it didn't induce the "figure 8" swaying.

I haven't managed to induce the same swaying effect at all actually since that one time - maybe it really was the effect of being up in the mountainous rainforest?

I think in this case, the term "basic" is relative :P Or possibly a reference to the ease of execution (little/no movement, compared to the MSW meditations) as opposed to it's efficacy. 

Hi Aeran,

Yes, Basic seated Meditation #1 is most simple in its movements but very sophisticated in terms of the yogic mechanism behind its energizing and tension-dissolving.  As I posted in early years, this meditation releases deep tensions in the back and shoulder muscles--if you do a full set of 18 repetitions.  When I first learned this meditation along with my classmates in 1991, the first week of semi-regular practice was uncomfortable and at times excruciatingly painful.  But pain is in the resistance, and with contiuous practice, the neural and muscular pains completely subsided, ; and we were all left feeling amazed that so much unconscious pain had been stored in our backs.

For as long as I can remember, I've generally described the FP Qigong system as "very basic" in terms of its ease of use (easy to learn and easy to practice) but "very advanced" in terms of his health effects.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 3

Thank you very much Sifu Terry Dunn. You are right, I was down on myself for a while. I made great progress with my health but stumbled and had horrible health for two weeks straight, I thought I lost my progress for a sec there. But I actually am rapidly figuring out my problem and making progress, with both western and eastern knowledge.

I ended up buying the 1-5 dvd earlier today, which is a decision I'm happy with now in retrospect now that I know it should be kept as a full set, and also that the vimeo version wont be online for a while.

"The master is just someone who started before you and just kept going". Truth

Deltrus,

Enjoy the training on the DVD series when they arrive.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

Haven't heard much about this so I will ask. Is Flying Phoenix only a medicinal qigong? It doesn't seem so to me. I noted an earlier post about having insights during meditation. I also have insights while doing these meditations. Unfortunately, I can't always retain them. They slip away over time.

I think I get overwhelmed with all the stuff that's going on.

Anyway, thanks for the help everyone.