Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Hi All,

I request people to share if they had any experience on self-healing or healing others for some illness using FPCK. What kind of illness was able to get healed and how long it took?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

AQ

Hey,

I've also resumed practicing after a long break, so you're not the only one. One of the great things about FPCK is that it's extremely easy to pick back up.

It wouldn't surprise me if the spinal channel was somehow involved in the swaying induced during the seated meditations, especially given how deeply they seem to bring you into a deep state of relaxation. Basic Seated #1 also seemed to have a strong effect on the spine when I was practicing it for a few days last month, although it didn't induce the "figure 8" swaying.

I haven't managed to induce the same swaying effect at all actually since that one time - maybe it really was the effect of being up in the mountainous rainforest?

I think in this case, the term "basic" is relative :P Or possibly a reference to the ease of execution (little/no movement, compared to the MSW meditations) as opposed to it's efficacy. 

Hello Aeran and Shiva33,

I'm glad to read that you've both experienced swaying/circling of the torso from the base of the spine in your practice of the "basic" FP seated meditations on Vol.2.  Every complete system of Yoga from any culture will unlock this spine-related energy that has been given a name by each respective yogic culture.  In Taoist Meditation, the primal energy at the base of the spine is raised and circulated by practicing "Turning of the Wheel" or "Circulation of the Light" as taught in "The Secret of the Golden Flower." 

With respect to this kundalini experience in FP Qigong practice:  with enough practice, one will be able to discern the "awakening" and flow of the primal energy at the base of the spine as apart from coordinated or non-coordinated muscular spasms that also occur at the beginning stages of any meditation practice that accompanies general detoxification.

Typically, the coiling spinal energy or kundalini is felt as an electric current, and the bodily movement that it induces are smooth and symmetrical circles and spirals...that take hold of everything from the base of the spine (if one is seated) to the top of the head.  Today, was the first warm day in Los Angeles in a while 74 degrees.  And I took advantage of a beautiful afternoon to do an extensive practice that reviewed 4 arts that I practice.  About 1/3 of my total practice time was spent on these 3 advanced Monk Serves Wine meditations from Volume 7 (in this order):

(70 50 20 10)

(80 70 50 30)

(60 70 40  5)

I mention this practice because each of these MSW Meditations [and each and every one of the entire set of 24 seated MSW meditaions] induces a slightly different configuration of energy flow that manifests in slightly different swayings and coilings of the torso and sometimes arms.  The combination of the first and last MSW meditation, I believe, caused in me very pleasant and relatively fast windings of my body from the upper chest to the top of the head (Shasrara or crown chakra)--that included circling of the head and winding of the neck.  The second MSW that I did (80 70 50 30) did NOT cause any windings anywhere in the body, but proceeded to intensely "heat up" the energy in the torso at the exact levels of wherever my hands were placed or moving during this meditation.

As you delve into the MSW Meditations in Volumes 2 and 7, you will discover this fact--that each meditation induces a subtly unique. sublime pattern of involuntary swaying and coiling.

Besides this forecast of what fun and bliss lies ahead, I also decided to make this my opportunity to remind or teach here for the first time:

That no matter how much involuntary swaying, circling and spiraling of the torso and extremities takes place and no matter how sublime, gassy, or rapturous those movements are, always return to meditation in repose with absolute stillness and make sure that in every FP practice session, you spend more time in perfect stillness than in involuntary swayings, rotations, and spiralings.  The spontaneous and totally involuntary circling, no matter how rapturous, are not the point of the exercise but a passing by-product.  And if one fixates of gets too attached to involuntary movements, that will impede one's yogic progress.  As my favorite teacher in Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung, John Davidson, said, 

"Jiggly meditation will get you nowhere."

If you've read this entire thread, you know how I so love to quote Hexagram 52 of the I Ching, "Keeping Still", which is an entire hexagram serving as a foundation teaching for all Chinese Yogas that expounds very clear yogic instructions and explains how correct and incorrect practice leads to healthy and unwholesome outcomes, respectively--and to correct and aberrant behavior, also respectively.

KEEPING STILL. Keeping his back still          So that he no longer feels his body.

• Never forgot that this is the essential fundamental teaching--especially for beginners.

Enjoy your further explorations of "The Mystery Dance" -- the serpentine dance of your kundalini energy.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

AQ

Hello Aeran and Shiva33,

I'm glad to read that you've both experienced swaying/circling of the torso from the base of the spine in your practice of the "basic" FP seated meditations on Vol.2.  Every complete system of Yoga from any culture will unlock this spine-related energy that has been given a name by each respective yogic culture.  In Taoist Meditation, the primal energy at the base of the spine is raised and circulated by practicing "Turning of the Wheel" or "Circulation of the Light" as taught in "The Secret of the Golden Flower." 

With respect to this kundalini experience in FP Qigong practice:  with enough practice, one will be able to discern the "awakening" and flow of the primal energy at the base of the spine as apart from coordinated or non-coordinated muscular spasms that also occur at the beginning stages of any meditation practice that accompanies general detoxification.

Typically, the coiling spinal energy or kundalini is felt as an electric current, and the bodily movement that it induces are smooth and symmetrical circles and spirals...that take hold of everything from the base of the spine (if one is seated) to the top of the head.  Today, was the first warm day in Los Angeles in a while 74 degrees.  And I took advantage of a beautiful afternoon to do an extensive practice that reviewed 4 arts that I practice.  About 1/3 of my total practice time was spent on these 3 advanced Monk Serves Wine meditations from Volume 7 (in this order):

(70 50 20 10)

(80 70 50 30)

(60 70 40  5)

I mention this practice because each of these MSW Meditations [and each and every one of the entire set of 24 seated MSW meditaions] induces a slightly different configuration of energy flow that manifests in slightly different swayings and coilings of the torso and sometimes arms.  The combination of the first and last MSW meditation, I believe, caused in me very pleasant and relatively fast windings of my body from the upper chest to the top of the head (Shasrara or crown chakra)--that included circling of the head and winding of the neck.  The second MSW that I did (80 70 50 30) did NOT cause any windings anywhere in the body, but proceeded to intensely "heat up" the energy in the torso at the exact levels of wherever my hands were placed or moving during this meditation.

As you delve into the MSW Meditations in Volumes 2 and 7, you will discover this fact--that each meditation induces a subtly unique. sublime pattern of involuntary swaying and coiling.

Besides this forecast of what fun and bliss lies ahead, I also decided to make this my opportunity to remind or teach here for the first time:

That no matter how much involuntary swaying, circling and spiraling of the torso and extremities takes place and no matter how sublime, gassy, or rapturous those movements are, always return to meditation in repose with absolute stillness and make sure that in every FP practice session, you spend more time in perfect stillness than in involuntary swayings, rotations, and spiralings.  The spontaneous and totally involuntary circling, no matter how rapturous, are not the point of the exercise but a passing by-product.  And if one fixates of gets too attached to involuntary movements, that will impede one's yogic progress.  As my favorite teacher in Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung, John Davidson, said, 

If you've read this entire thread, you know how I so love to quote Hexagram 52 of the I Ching, "Keeping Still", which is an entire hexagram serving as a foundation teaching for all Chinese Yogas that expounds very clear yogic instructions and explains how correct and incorrect practice leads to healthy and unwholesome outcomes, respectively--and to correct and aberrant behavior, also respectively.

KEEPING STILL. Keeping his back still          So that he no longer feels his body.

• Never forgot that this is the essential fundamental teaching--especially for beginners.

Enjoy your further explorations of "The Mystery Dance" -- the serpentine dance of your kundalini energy.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Fascinating :D Sifu Terry, just to clarify, are you saying that the practice of FP can, in and of itself, lead to the activation of the "kundalini" spinal energy (as opposed to just creating a flow of the regular FP Qi along the spine) in the form of a classical "kundalini awakening" style experience? 

If it can, does this manifest in the flow of energy from the base of the spine up to and then out of the peak up the skull (sahasrara/baihui point) as described in a lot of Hindu Yogic schools:

swamiramdev.jpg

Or the rotation of the energy up the spine and then back down the front of the skull and torso in the Du Mai/Ren Mai channels which seems more typical in Daoist modalities:

Qigong-microcosmic-orbit.jpg

Or does it take place in some other configuration entirely?

I think this is possibly a subject which hasn't actually come up yet in this thread, so it would be awesome to hear more about it.

Regarding my own experience, I haven't felt any energy other than the usual FP Qi (and honestly, I'm happy to keep it that way for now - I'd want to work on establishing a solid foundation with FPCK and work through the emotional release issues I've been experiencing before anything even more dramatic happens).

I've noticed that the movement during the seated meditations seems to alternate between the smooth & symmetrical, swirling/sinuous type movements and between an asymmetrical swaying towards one side or the other, as though being pushed by a strong wind. It feels like maybe the asymmetrical movement is more involved with the release of tension in the back, since it also seems to correlate with the shaking and twitching of various tight muscle groups in the lower back (especially groups which seem to tighten up on one side or the other depending on which leg I have raised in the half-lotus posture), while the more symmetrical movements seem to be a rather different thing entirely, and might perhaps be the phenomenon you're describing. 

I also noticed another interesting occurrence just a moment ago, when the circular spinal swaying from FP practice seemed to carry over to regular quiet sitting meditation.

I just sat down for a short session of quiet sitting (just seated in a chair, focusing on my breath) after performing my FP session earlier in the day, and noticed that after 7 or 8 minutes, I started experiencing a small but distinct clockwise rotation of the spine. The rotation was much more subtle, and the radius was maybe half of what I've experienced during FP Basic Seated #3.

On top of that, I followed this up with a quick session of alternate nostril breathing (following

), and not only did the spinal rotation continue, but it actually altered direction in correlation with the breathing, first swapping from clockwise to anti-clockwise as I alternated from one nostril to the other, then swapping to alternating in line with the in-breath and out-breath. 

Thanks for the advice - If the movements are occurring during the majority of a meditation session, what would be the best way to guide the body back to maintaining stillness? I'm guessing it would be a bad idea to forcefully restrict movements which are trying to manifest.

Much appreciated!

I don't know if this applies to FP experiences or not, but I will just put it out there.

Spontaneous bodily movements in practices from the Vedas, meaning authentic deep meditation and hatha yoga, are caused by kundalini rising and this energy releases blockages of stress. The movements, or release of old stress is considered, "purification of the nervous system." I have heard meditators performing the correct way of doing Patanjali's yoga sutras move in wild bodily contortions, speak in ancient, unknown languages, make animal noises, etc. All of this was considered the release of stress, which is a good thing, it indicates purification of the nervous system and that is what leads to higher states of consciousness which is what the human nervous system was created to do, those are our normal states of mind. That is why we are on the path, to find our right mind.

In the Vedic system, erroneously at times called Hindu, there are 72,000 meridians. The diagram above shows some of the main ones. TCM usually only talks about 12 channels. The Vedas show 72 main channels. When the kundalini reaches the brain, or the chakras located in the head, you will then understand much of the ancient texts and you will have experienced a glimpse of the goal. It is pure Bliss and the meaning of Sat Chit Ananda becomes a direct experience and that is the everyday state of a purified, normally functioning nervous system. So think about how many people there are in the world and then wonder how many actually have a purified nervous system and then when we watch the world news we will understand why things are as they are. A world with almost no one in their right mind.

I say this in order to motivate us all to keep doing what we are doing on our individual paths of energy cultivation and to follow Sifu Terry's advice to get to that state of inner silence. That is where the treasure will be found.

• Like 2

I don't know if this applies to FP experiences or not, but I will just put it out there.

Spontaneous bodily movements in practices from the Vedas, meaning authentic deep meditation and hatha yoga, are caused by kundalini rising and this energy releases blockages of stress. The movements, or release of old stress is considered, "purification of the nervous system." I have heard meditators performing the correct way of doing Patanjali's yoga sutras move in wild bodily contortions, speak in ancient, unknown languages, make animal noises, etc. All of this was considered the release of stress, which is a good thing, it indicates purification of the nervous system and that is what leads to higher states of consciousness which is what the human nervous system was created to do, those are our normal states of mind. That is why we are on the path, to find our right mind.

In the Vedic system, erroneously at times called Hindu, there are 72,000 meridians. The diagram above shows some of the main ones. TCM usually only talks about 12 channels. The Vedas show 72 main channels. When the kundalini reaches the brain, or the chakras located in the head, you will then understand much of the ancient texts and you will have experienced a glimpse of the goal. It is pure Bliss and the meaning of Sat Chit Ananda becomes a direct experience and that is the everyday state of a purified, normally functioning nervous system. So think about how many people there are in the world and then wonder how many actually have a purified nervous system and then when we watch the world news we will understand why things are as they are. A world with almost no one in their right mind.

I say this in order to motivate us all to keep doing what we are doing on our individual paths of energy cultivation and to follow Sifu Terry's advice to get to that state of inner silence. That is where the treasure will be found.

Personally speaking, I am in my right mind for at best a second out of possibly hours of seated Golden Flower meditation (the way I was taught, not in Cleary or Wilhelm's translations)--but a second is all one needs for weeks and even months of bliss when remembering what it felt like. 

The first time I did it, my body swayed, then stood up and did various movements not unlike Spontaneous Five Animals Qigong, where the body is surrendered to the Celestial Healer and it does exactly what is needed to heal inside out. As I practiced more and more, I saw some spontaneous movements from Zhan Zhuang in basic Embrace the Tree meditation, and when teaching, saw other students shake and sway to clear specific channels from both basic seated and standing meditations.

Then I experienced light and gentle swaying in FP and felt bliss, especially in Monk Holds Pearl (50% 40% 30% 20% 10%), after initially a little heavy push side to side, then pure stillness. The three static standing meditations from Vol. 1 and first three basic seated, plus the remainder of the Monk Serves Wine movements on Vol. 2 are my favorites whenever I go back because of how easy they are to practice and remember. 

Going back to your point, Tao Stillness: bliss. What would we pay for to have that and need nothing else? The price of a DVD, the player, and television or computer is not a lot. FP is the only system I tell people to practice now on DVD in lieu of finding a master and lineage to personally train them, and quite a lot more affordable I might add. The energy that puts people in a situation that would make it possible to reach the same bliss I speak of from seated meditation is found in every FP technique. The community to be part of is right here on the Internet for free to speak with and share experiences amongst each other. 

I actually observe some Vedic practices by way of Sadguru Sant Keshavadas's late pupil, Thomas Ashley-Farrand. So I am familiar with what you describe even outside of energetic cultivation systems like various schools of Qigong. Knowing this, even the most subtle itch or sensation like a splash of water in the nadis internally is a sign that channels open up. Friends who have practiced FPQG with me before have all shared similar sensations more frequently, so it's a testament to the effectiveness outside of my own personal experience, with movement and eventual stillness, but outright calling in bliss (yes... I have said that word far too many times in this post, but I don't care--it's accurate).

• Like 2

Great testimony Earl Grey. Some may not know from first hand experience what bliss is. Just to clarify, it is not the same as the feeling of happiness which is limited and usually triggered by something external to us. The bliss that I felt from Patanjali's sutras when the kundalini literally exploded in my brain/higher chakras seemed to have no limit to the feeling. It was so much more of an intense pleasure and total fulfillment than any happiness. In addition it also contained unlimited love that felt so beyond love felt from another person that there actually was no comparison.

And to think, this is what our human nervous system was built to produce spontaneously when there is no stress left in the nervous system. And I envy you that you feel even one second of bliss during your meditations. And all you guys who are having bodily movements from Flying Phoenix show the rest of us how powerful this particular form of qigong is.

• Like 3

Just the first 3 seated warm-ups from dvd #2, with 5%, 60%, 80%, 40%, 30% done 216 times are good for silencing the mind and clearing the nervous system.

I think bliss can come in at the right time to show us that cynicism is a temporary state and we can reach the higher levels of constant bliss one day.

I once experienced total bliss for about 6 months and yes it is beyond superficial happiness.

• Like 1

It's been a long time since my last post here on TB.

I'd like to ask a question to anyone here:

What the term "enlightment" or "awakening" point to in FP teachings?

Thanks

It's been a long time since my last post here on TB.

I'd like to ask a question to anyone here:

What the term "enlightment" or "awakening" point to in FP teachings?

Thanks

In my experience, the exercises practically allow sensing and operating in astral level, where a much broader info can be "remembered" about everything manifested. There seems to be helpers which I am still blind to see, but I started feeling them by means of sounds, and also like a colored mist around when doing the meds. I am becoming lucid in my dreams, generally in some sad miserable places, probably facing my accumulations. Their priority seems to be cleaning up to be able to awaken in a higher manifested reality.This cleanup also brings health.

But awakening means to transcend all hypnotic trance states/mind realms and reach the ultimate. These exercises provide the wisdom leg, allowing to operate in higher dimensions. Other leg is compassion/love, you have to bring it with you☺

I am so grateful to all who made me able to practice this.

• Like 1

I caught glimpses of a heavenly realm while practicing yesterday, with temples in clouds and celestial dragons. A blue light throughout. I have the sense it is a place possibly below the buddha realm, within the buddhist system. I practice Pure Land buddhism and the energy from the practice is somehow familiar. It's a wonderful system and I find I'm finding more and more time to practice it.

I find warm up 1 works on opening the energy channels in my brain. I get a rushing sensation between the ears (must be the air passing through, lol).

When I first started the long form I didn't notice much chi sensation. However I started to practice monk gazing at moon for five minutes before I start and the sensations are a lot stronger. I find it acts in a similar way to how zhan zhuang acts before tai chi.

I was wondering Sifu Terry if its possible to practice FP while intermittent fasting. Is food a requirement for the practice in the same way as sleep is? Thanks

But awakening means to transcend all hypnotic trance states/mind realms and reach the ultimate.

Can you elaborate more on this please?

Can you elaborate more on this please?

"..awakening means to transcend all hypnotic trance states/mind realms and reach the ultimate."

We function by thinking, and to think, we have to pull out (remember) some data to construct a thought, and act accordingly.

A hypnotic trance state limits our access to memories. Consider someone hypnotised to believe he or she is a cat. Although the acquired memory of being human is there, it could not be pulled out, and all the thoughts about acting like a cat is justified until one awakens.

Remember dreams, and how you forget your awake self while dreaming.

I believe all these realms of astral, mental and physical planes to be different hypnotic trance states, where we inhabit according to our vessel's energy holding capacity which dictates our access to knowledge. This capacity can be increased in various ways, like meditation, chi kung, prayers etc., by also strenghtening our spitiual core so that when we pass over dead or still alive, we remember our real self and continue practicing, this time with the help of high level practitioners of that plane, who might be the immortals of some practice tradition, like FPCK,

Edited by cihan

So, if i'm not misunderstanding, your view is of a progression?

Something like: "It's not possible to awaken to ones true nature now, one has to reach a certain limit after wich one becomes enlightened"

So, if i'm not misunderstanding, your view is of a progression?

Something like: "It's not possible to awaken to ones true nature now, one has to reach a certain limit after wich one becomes enlightened"

Awakening to other planes is progressive. Progress is in time dimension. True nature is beyond time, You cannot reach to something with no coordinates. It is very possible to awaken to ones true nature anytime,anywhere as true nature owns time as well as all dimensions if the true nature desires to. But I don't know even what that means. 

Edited by cihan
  • Like 1

I think Awakening means different things to do different schools on the path.

I am impressed with the teaching that experiences Awakening as caused by a rewiring of the brain from a unique energy which results in directly experiencing any situation in life in the here and now without it being filtered by our past experiences. The ego is pushed aside and we perceive life thru consciousness instead of past associations that our unconscious makes. You know you are Awakened when your emotional charges last a minute or so instead of years! Like water rolling off a duck's back is how I think about it. You cannot think your way into Awakening, your mind cannot move your ego/past experiences aside. It takes a change in brain functioning. Has nothing to do with astral realms. I do not know if Flying Phoenix claims to be able to produce this state of Awakening or not. There are different degrees of Awakening. It is a process of progression/evolution of Consciousness like everything else in life itself. It keeps growing.

• Like 1

Thank you Sifu Terry Dunn. Thank you Sifu Terry Dunn. Thank you Sifu Terry Dunn. Thank you Sifu Terry Dunn.

I literally died and came back to life a phoenix reborn. The website for chronic fatigue syndrome is PHOENIX RISING. Funny isn't it?

I didn't receive the DVD yet but somehow FP healing energy reached me. Thank you whoever it was that guided me through the process. My chronic fatigue syndrome was cured. And it felt like every single person on this Earth was helping me, guiding my will to heal, and heal everyone on this Earth as well. 

I really am looking forward to life now. I really look forward to actually getting the DVD set.  I am looking forward to helping everyone end their suffering.

Sorry for being vague, maybe I can explain more in the future, I just really wanted to say THANK YOU ALL.

Even if you don't think you helped me, you did. 

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 2

Just given up the rest of my other practices apart from the nembutsu and practicing solely flying phoenix for an hour a day. Kind of an experiment.

However this first week has been rough. Headaches everyday and my emotions have been all over the place, losing my temper easily when normally I'm very peaceful and try to remain compassionate in conflict.

Anyone know what's going on? Is it just purification or is it a sign the practice doesn't agree with me?

• Like 2

Are you sure it's related to FP? Not saying it isn't, just that there are plenty of things that could cause a rough week. Maybe stop FP for a week and return to your other practices, then resume FP another week later, and see if there's a correlation.

• Like 3

some patience in the beginning may be called for.   I feel confident that the 'practice'  is very quickly effective and beneficial and NOT likely to fail to 'agree' with your present emotional situation.  I urge you not to entertain speculative thoughts in that vein,  rather  let go of them .   

These FP exercises are extremely valuable IF you take effort to practice them at a regular time  1 oer2x daily.

First principles of qi gong are applicable,  breathe calmly and softy in the dan tien,  pay attention to your body / stance 

alignment,  be sensitive to rooting of your feet and to the upward pull on the crown of your head (bai hui).  Shoulders must be relaxed down and spine comfortably straight.   

Good luck  be  persistent

Peace   hoa binh

• Like 3

Just given up the rest of my other practices apart from the nembutsu and practicing solely flying phoenix for an hour a day. Kind of an experiment.

However this first week has been rough. Headaches everyday and my emotions have been all over the place, losing my temper easily when normally I'm very peaceful and try to remain compassionate in conflict.

Anyone know what's going on? Is it just purification or is it a sign the practice doesn't agree with me?

In order to fix something you have to become aware of it first. If a person lived their whole life with a broken leg, and then they became aware their leg was broken, they would be quite distressed as well. 

Just don't resist, let the FP healing energy flow into you.

It is like exercise, you damage your muscles, you tax your respiratory system, you feel terrible, but it is all for the greater good. 

My BEST healing experiences have been extremely painful, emotionally, mentally, sanity wise, etc. But just keep persevering, you will eventually feel amazing.

• Like 3

Thanks for the advice. I figured it would be a 'healing crisis', but to be honest I've never seen it in terms of emotional turbulence. I am going to give it 30 days before I switch back.

Venus turned retrograde in my sign so that could be a reason too.

• Like 2

In order to fix something you have to become aware of it first. If a person lived their whole life with a broken leg, and then they became aware their leg was broken, they would be quite distressed as well. 

Just don't resist, let the FP healing energy flow into you.

It is like exercise, you damage your muscles, you tax your respiratory system, you feel terrible, but it is all for the greater good. 

My BEST healing experiences have been extremely painful, emotionally, mentally, sanity wise, etc. But just keep persevering, you will eventually feel amazing.

A decent chunk of my experiences with FP have been along these lines. For example, when I first resumed practicing in January I spent a bit over a week doing MSW1 sessions every day. It released a ton of tension in my back and totally changed the alignment of my spine and thus my posture (seriously the difference is night and day, I wish I had taken a photo so I could do a before/after), but as a result of the change in posture my center of gravity shifted and suddenly the muscles in my lower back were taking a lot more pressure than they had been before. As a result, I had some pretty major lower back aches for a week or two. Nothing debilitating, but it wasn't comfortable.

But I adjusted, it cleared up, now my lower back is back to fine and my posture is probably better than it's ever been in my life.

I've experienced a fair bit of "emotional release" purification type symptoms from FP too (well, from all systems), and my working theory is that it must operate along similar lines. Releasing psychological "tension" which is holding in negative feelings or memories which were pushed down because they were too much to be handled or processed at the time of origin.

In the long term, there's definitely been a huge amount of progress, but in the short term sometimes it means feeling not so great because some old forgotten fear or anger which was shoved down to fester has floated up to the surface, and I have to allow myself to experience it and figure out what it's about, at which point it usually clears up and I feel better than I did before. For what it's worth, the "self-regulating" (for lack of a better word) nature of FP seems to make this process a lot more gentle and a lot more effective than it is when it occurs in other systems.

On top of that, in general, FP seems to make me a lot more in tune with my body and mind, so I notice aches, pains and tension which I was previously able to ignore.

When I first practiced it back in 2013 I was disappointed because after 2 months or so, I started to consistently experience discomfort in my gut after practicing, as opposed to the usual warm bubbly glow in the belly. I thought maybe it was a sign that I was doing something wrong, or that FP was incompatible with the other practices I was doing at the time. But a few months later, I started experiencing GI issues, which turned out to be a side effect of a medication I was taking. So what I thought was a side effect of the practice seems like it actually turned out to be me tuning in and getting an early warning sign about a developing health issue.

That said, there's still a chance it just isn't related at all. I'd say stop practicing for a bit, see if the symptoms go away. If they do, start again, and see if they resume. If they do, then probably your best course of action is to speak to Sifu Terry or consult with Eric Isen.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 2

@aeran we seem to be in the exact same situation, it even makes me question whether you are me. 

@Zen-Bear and Eric Isen, I'm in the exact situation as the person above me. Am I doing this alright? Do you have any advice? Most of my things I wanted to be hidden away are now out in the open. I'm aware of my problems and that is the first step to healing.

Also when does the DVD set come in? I ordered it one week ago-ish. My heart is very eager to try it out. I want to change from who I was. I'm aware of most of my problems just I want to heal faster. I really want to practice Flying Phoenix Chi Kung.

Thank you. @aeran, @Zen-Bear, Eric Isen, and everyone else.

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 2

If there is a connection between your emotions and doing FP I would then consider it to be the normal process of a strong energy rooting out old stress in the nervous system. The idea is not to examine what is coming up, just let it go. If your were sweeping a floor and the dust particles became visible, you would not examine the dust, you would just continue sweeping.

The other suggestion is that if the FP energy is purifying your nervous system a bit too strongly and thus it is emotionally uncomfortable, you might want to cut back the time to just one half hour a day until the emotions are stable again.

• Like 4

Thank you everyone! You are all wonderful!  I am reading and listening to all your comments!

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 1