Starjumper

The perfect weapon

20 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Wonderful,

I should add a joke to lighten the mood. I have a joke about corona virus....you probably wont get it.

My immune system is so charged with joyful, connected living that I take my corona virus with a side of lyme disease.

This is my response when folks ask me why i'm not freaking out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, it appears that the Year of the Rat starts off with a big plague.

who'da guessed. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

Health care in America seems financially predatory to me.

They will treat you, but at maximum possible cash extraction.

Treating people is profitable.  Curing them is bad for long term business modeling.

There used to be a law preventing hospitals in the US from making a profit.  Someone paid someone to change that law and prices rose hundreds to thousands fold in hospitals.  In addition, the laws require a medicine to be 'proven' effective, and the proofs cost millions of dollars. Therefore drug companies, who paid for that law, will only 'prove' that a medicine works if they can patent it, and it is not possible to patent natural ingredients.  The proofs are kind of a joke anyway.

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

If anyone feels like playing a little game of imagination, consider this:  What is the most ethical way to reduce populations?

that seems easy to me.  Two things.  Higher Education, particularly for woman.  Unstigmatized access to birth control.  Those two things have driven the birthrate in most of the first world under repopulation number.  In the US, Russia, Europe, Japan, we need immigration to stay still.  Some countries are bribing woman to get pregnant**.   Affluence helps. 

China's one child policy helped it but was questionable ethically.  And the fall out and unintended consequence are just being felt.  Course right now there Orwellian camera surveillance/credit system is probably doing the same thing more subtly.      

Over population is a 2nd and 3rd world problem.  A horrible one but as standards of living rise,  birthrate lowers.  Another pig in the pen is religion.  Harder to crack but it can be done.  Catholicism is inching forward on the subject and enough inches make for a new policy, especially when the majority is already ignoring the formal edicts. 

**on countries with low birthrates-https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51118616

Creating a virus that mostly kills older people would not be worth an intelligent way plus it could kill its creators, there families and if found out you're a mass murderer and everything you've done or stood for is gonna be destroyed.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

If anyone feels like playing a little game of imagination, consider this:  What is the most ethical way to reduce populations?

Nature all ready provides for the decay and birth of all things. No one leaves alive. This is stated in your owners manual when you got a body. Look at page 16 that is some fucked up shit there. Did we sign up for this or what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

According to some leaked information that was accidentally shown on a Chinese official website and immediately removed, and then published on a Polish website:  In China, on February first, there were 154,000 cases and almost 25,000 deaths.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

there were 154,000 cases and almost 25,000 deaths.

Cases - speedy recoveries.

Deaths - rest in peace.

• Like 1

As of Tuesday, March 10th 2020 62,793 people had recovered from their infections or were released from hospitals, accounting for 80 percent of recovered cases.

The overall death toll from the coronavirus in mainland China reached 3,169 on Wednesday.

Corona virus is one of the worst killers of people just not effective enough to keep up with number 1. The number 1 of all time, in all of history is.....Birth.

Birth has a 100% success rate for death. Compare that to 0.4. You might be thinking 0.4 sounds pretty good right now only if we could have some bargaining power and we could escape death with a corona virus recovery or not getting infected at all. That would be awesome!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Birth has a 100% success rate for death.

I am...

th?id=OIP.G-Hoeldtak0iantDX2Ey4wHaCX&pid=Api&P=0&w=519&h=167

• Like 3

This is a message I saw first thing today.  It was shared on an Ecuadorian expat FB page, and describes the current situation in the Seattle area, where I am from:

For those who wonder what is happening in the USA: this is copied from another post.

So if you're not here in Kirkland let me give you an update on our not so little town.

Our local hospital, Evergreen, one of the top-ranked hospitals in the country and literally at ground zero in the fight against Coronavirus has run out of beds as of today. The staff is exhausted, demoralized, and supplies are running low.

Because so many staff members are sick, and the operational tempo is so high, medical staff told to be in quarantine due to exposure, but not showing symptoms have been summoned back to work. So far 65 patients have entered the hospital positive for COVID-19, 15 didn't leave alive (as of 3/10).

Tom Douglas, multiple James Beard Award winner is closing down 12 of his 13 restaurants (only leaving one open because of a contract with a hotel) because business is down 90%.

Boeing, which was a hot mess with the 737-MAX issue, to begin with, is now losing more orders than it is getting as the airline industry braces for a 70% reduction in air travel. At the basement of 9/11, global air travel was off 40%.

Norweigan Cruiselines, headquartered in Seattle, has been called out for lying to customers about the safety of their ships, their capacity to protect passengers and making it difficult to cancel or reschedule trips.

Starbucks has announced they will be limited seating in their stores and ones with drive-thru will go drive-thru only.

The Seattle Mariners have moved their home openers out of the area, for now, my guess is the MLB will follow every other sports league and suspend the start of baseball.

Our school district has suspended classes until March 27, but my guess is it will go longer. Issaquah, a town nearby has suspended classes until April 24. 

I was in our nearest grocery store, which is a flagship "Fred Meyer" store (Kroger corp) and all of the staples aisles were close to empty. Beans, rice, flour, pasta. Beans about wiped out, the only rice I could find was a 5-pound bag in the Asian section. Only the high-end "boutique" pasta and a few more complex dish pasta like lasagna noodles. The Jewish section had some noodles in it, and the Asian section still had some ramen.

There is no traffic. There is an eerie quiet in the air, and although the videos of people racing in Costco are entertaining, I have not seen anyone running in a store to the TP, fights over food, or other resources. There is this strange calm, but I always remind myself that history has shown we are three hot meals and a warm bed away from wanting to kill each other.

My wife has shared some other stories from her work - nothing sinister or ominous but nothing I can share and nothing that even if I could, I feel ready to share.

We no longer hear about Life Care Center. The federal government finally showed up there and now all news has stopped. The 70+ employees who are all in various states of being sick are still not tested - that we know. One-third of our town fire department is now in quarantine. If there is anything that gives me the creeps it is this. The government showed up and the news stopped.

When we returned from our trip to Africa on 2/26 and went through Customs in Seattle, there was no screening, no questions, no testing, no sorting of passengers. Nothing. Welcome back, stamp of the passport, done. The lines weren't long and the lack of any form of screening at this Asian gateway was disconcerting. It paled in comparison to the strict protocols we went through in Windhoek and Johannesburg, and the announcements and questions in Frankfurt. What we didn't know at that time is from 2/19 to 2/25, 12 patients had died at Life Care Center for unknown reasons, and the first COVID-19 death was on 2/26.

The response to the threat at a federal level was non-existent.

My opinion.

The Seattle area is about two weeks ahead of most of the United States. For those going this is just hype and this is just the flu, come fly here and see for yourself. I mean flights are cheap and planes are empty. Can even offer you a place to sleep.(no not really, but Kirkland has plenty of hotels)

The Seattle area is probably 2 to 3 weeks behind Iran or Italy at this point. The tidal wave is coming, I believe most in the general public are just in denial about it at this point.

In Italy Coronavirus is killing young and old alike because once you run out of beds, once you run out of breathing machines, Coronavirus becomes an equal opportunity killer. You get pneumonia, your lungs fill up, you basically drown.

When you can get advanced care, your survival odds are very good. Once that system falls apart, it is first come first serve, and how healthy are you. A lot of younger Americans are very unhealthy with multiple comorbidity factors.

Evergreen Hospital ran out of beds today.

Winter is coming.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Hot spots now are in Iran, Italy and increasing in USA. If these countries are not proactive to contain the spread they are irresponsible IMO. 

England has done virtually nothing. Boris basically came out yesterday saying "yeah, we're a bit fucked. Stay inside if you think you might have it".

Meanwhile, all my work gets cancelled as I am an event manager. Surely we should have learned from China and gone into lockdown as soon as our cases started to grow, exponentially!

Oh well. 3 months of eating rice and qigong at home will be a nice break, I guess haha

Edited by Rara
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

If the Mexican government was smart they´d close their border to US travelers.  Ensenada receives a constant influx of visitors from southern California, so if coronavirus is in San Diego or LA it´ll be here soon enough.  I could move.  Is there someplace small and isolated where Jose and I could ride out the coming storm?   

Do you have a vehicle?  Go to somewhere in the green zone of Sinaloa, like east of Los Mochis or Culiacan.  Find some remote farm not too close to a town, but that has a good clean water supply and ask them if you can rent their bodega (shed) or if you can set up a camp somewhere.  You should bring as much in the way of camping supplies as possible, like tent and tarps, hammocks or cots, blankets, water filters, camping stove and fuel, pots and pans, and lots of rice and beans, and don't forget cooking oil.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I used to do a lot of extended backpacking trips in the steep mountains of Washington state.  In many places there are no level spots big enough for even a bivy bag, so I did a lot of the camping with a backpackers hammock, they weigh around one pound and some include a mosquito net.  With a hammock you don't need level ground, and it is way more comfortable than sleeping on the ground.  I would string a cord between the two trees, above the hammock, and drape a tarp over that, arranged in a triangular fashion, with two of the corners of the tarp going to each tree, and the two other corners tied to stakes in the ground.  I had a string arrangement which allowed me to keep the tarp pulled back, so I could see the stars at night, but if it rained I could pull on the string while still in bed, and pull the tarp up to the tree.  The tarp also provided a dry area next to the hammock for storing backpack and supplies, and a place to put my three legged stool and camping stove.  Make sure to hang your food from a tree or bring mouse proof containers, like buckets with lids.  Cardboard boxes are useless against mice.

3 hours ago, Rara said:

England has done virtually nothing. Boris basically came out yesterday saying "yeah, we're a bit fucked. Stay inside if you think you might have it".

Meanwhile, all my work gets cancelled as I am an event manager. Surely we should have learned from China and gone into lockdown as soon as our cases started to grow, exponentially!

Oh well. 3 months of eating rice and qigong at home will be a nice break, I guess haha

Bloody Cheltenham business as usual. Attendance figure: 60,000. Over the next 2 days, about 40% of this crowd will be making their way back to Ireland. Reliable sources told me that Ireland will lock down like Italy come 6pm Monday. Isn't that just genius timing? 

Your PM said its ok for more to get infected in order to develop herd immunity for future epidemics. He is stupid. 

• Sad 1

CDC's Redfield admits to misdiagnosis of flu deaths when in fact it was caused by Covid 19. This was confirmed by Redfield, who also admitted to doing posthumous testings when probed by Rep. Harley Rouda. 

Japanese news portals reported that a Japanese caught the virus in Hawaii before the Wuhan outbreak. 

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-11-20-intl-hnk/h_1319f66f92245a2fe4ec63fe91ab66c9

• Like 2

On 2/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, Heartbreak said:

The Order of the Green Dragon is an ancient organization dedicated to its own evolution and growth. It is the greatest threat to human growth and enlightenment in the universe. The Order of the Red Dragon is devoted to man's growth and protection. Each aspect of the universe that we live in is shrouded in secrecy and protection for a reason. There are forces all around us that seek to kill, maim, enslave and subvert everything that we do.

Evil is not an adequate term for the forces that control your lives.

We will introduce you to the major players in the organization known as The Order of the Green Dragon. You will learn how it was formed, how it grew, and how it affects your life on a daily basis. In order to understand and defend yourselves properly, you need to know more about who you are fighting.

Hurricanes, earthquakes, disease, volcanoes, mass murder, war, drugs, gambling, slavery are only a few of the tools that this organization uses to subvert the human race. You need to know more about them. You need to know why they hate you.

This is “sewer mind”

It is the verbiage of the dying religions.

It is the living quagmire of resistance and position and the unknowing adoration of the “devil” and other tiny gnats that are elevated in the sewer mind to positions of absurd imaginings brought upon those held in its many spells.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Rara said:

Their thinking is that whether they quarantine people or not, the majority of people will eventually get it. Rather than keeping the numbers artificially low and then having to eventually lift quarantine, leading to a sudden rush of cases that overwhelms health services, they hope there will be a gradual curve where almost everyone gets it, but not all at once. This is why Boris told people yesterday that they should expect loved ones to die. 

Of course for now it looks like they're doing nothing, but this is the advice of the chief medical officer. It is contrary to the advice of the WHO and of all the other countries in Europe. Personally it feels like fatalism and an awful gamble they're playing with people's lives.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C T said:

Your PM said its ok for more to get infected in order to develop herd immunity for future epidemics. He is stupid

Was that him or some health expert? "Imbecile" is the word I used earlier when texting my Dad haha.

Where are you based again?

5 minutes ago, Rara said:

Was that him or some health expert? "Imbecile" is the word I used earlier when texting my Dad haha.

Where are you based again?

This is basically just Cummings and his "behavioural weirdos"

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

Their thinking is that whether they quarantine people or not, the majority of people will eventually get it. Rather than keeping the numbers artificially low and then having to eventually lift quarantine, leading to a sudden rush of cases that overwhelms health services, they hope there will be a gradual curve where almost everyone gets it, but not all at once. This is why Boris told people yesterday that they should expect loved ones to die. 

Of course for now it looks like they're doing nothing, but this is the advice of the chief medical officer. It is contrary to the advice of the WHO and of all the other countries in Europe. Personally it feels like fatalism and an awful gamble they're playing with people's lives.

Well that's just it. The "wonderful post-Brexit" England is so far up its own arse that it thinks it has a better idea? They knew this was coming...simply look at how China handled it, with the damn advantage that they didn't have - that we knew it was coming and we knew imposed-quarantine works.

We definitely should have gone into lockdown two days ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Do you have a vehicle?  Go to somewhere in the green zone of Sinaloa, like east of Los Mochis or Culiacan.  Find some remote farm not too close to a town, but that has a good clean water supply and ask them if you can rent their bodega (shed) or if you can set up a camp somewhere.  You should bring as much in the way of camping supplies as possible, like tent and tarps, hammocks or cots, blankets, water filters, camping stove and fuel, pots and pans, and lots of rice and beans, and don't forget cooking oil.

Yes, wonderful idea.

I live on 200 acres like you describe . If any (possibly infected ) people come here from the city and want to 'rent my shed' , sure , why not ?    Actually, we got room here for 100s of them !

Come on down .

:D  

-  idiot !

13 hours ago, C T said:

CDC's Redfield admits to misdiagnosis of flu deaths when in fact it was caused by Covid 19. This was confirmed by Redfield, who also admitted to doing posthumous testings when probed by Rep. Harley Rouda. 

Japanese news portals reported that a Japanese caught the virus in Hawaii before the Wuhan outbreak. 

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-11-20-intl-hnk/h_1319f66f92245a2fe4ec63fe91ab66c9

Yes, the simple US narrative is that Covid-19 originated zoonotically at the Huanan seafood market, or perhaps from the Wuhan Institute of Virology 20 km away?  Sounds open-and-shut, right?

Well....not so fast... :o

Western sources have suppressed other more recent, independent findings from bitter rivals Japan, China, and Taiwan - that all nonetheless implicate a US origin - based primarily on the actual genetic research of the DIFFERENT GENETIC STRAINS of Covid-19 that have infected different countries. 

How would this even be possible?  Well, it could have first been released from the Fort Detrick biowarfare lab, then silently spread around the US, to Japan from Hawaii, and then to the Huanan seafood market from 300 US military "athletes" who had arrived in Wuhan in October shortly before their outbreak in November, 2019. 

Yes, there were 300 US military personnel in Wuhan for the 2019 Military World Games from October 18–27 right before the earliest known patient zero there so far (Nov 17)!!!  What would then make sense is if some of these agents released the virus right before they left...and of course at a seafood market, to provide the perfect cover story. 

it appears that the virus did not originate in China and, according to reports in Japanese and other media, may have originated in the US.

Chinese Researchers Conclude the Virus Originated Outside of China

After collecting samples of the genome in China, medical researchers first conclusively demonstrated that the virus did not originate at the seafood market but had multiple unidentified sources, after which it was exposed to the seafood market from where it spread everywhere.

The study published on ChinaXiv, a Chinese open repository for scientific researchers, reveals the new coronavirus was introduced to the seafood market from another location(s), and then spread rapidly from the market due to the large number of close contacts. The findings were the result of analyses of the genome data, sources of infection, and the route of spread of variations of the novel coronavirus collected throughout China.

The study believes that patient(s) zero transmitted the virus to workers or sellers at the Huanan seafood market, the crowded market easily facilitating further transmission of the virus to buyers, which caused a wider spread in early December 2019.

During this research, they determined the virus outbreak had begun much earlier, probably in November, shortly after the Wuhan Military Games.
same independent conclusions as the Japanese researchers – that the virus did not begin in China but was introduced there from the outside.
the Japanese Asahi news report (print and TV) claimed the coronavirus originated in the US, not in China
Taiwan ran a TV news program on February, 27, that presented diagrams and flow charts suggesting the coronavirus originated in the US.

basic logic is that the geographical location with the greatest diversity of virus strains must be the original source because a single strain cannot emerge from nothing. He demonstrated that only the US has all the five known strains of the virus (while Wuhan and most of China have only one, as do Taiwan and South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam, Singapore, and England, Belgium and Germany), constituting a thesis that the haplotypes in other nations may have originated in the US.

Korea and Taiwan have a different haplotype of the virus than China, perhaps more infective but much less deadly, which would account for a death rate only 1/3 that of China.

Neither Iran nor Italy were included in the above tests, but both countries have now deciphered the locally prevalent genome and have declared them of different varieties from those in China, which means they did not originate in China but were of necessity introduced from another source. It is worth noting that the variety in Italy has approximately the same fatality rate as that of China, three times as great as other nations, while the haplotype in Iran appears to be the deadliest with a fatality rate of between 10% and 25%.

The Virologist further stated that the US has recently had more than 200 “pulmonary fibrosis” cases that resulted in death due to patients’ inability to breathe, but whose conditions and symptoms could not be explained by pulmonary fibrosis. He said he wrote articles informing the US health authorities to consider seriously those deaths as resulting from the coronavirus, but they responded by blaming the deaths on e-cigarettes, then silenced further discussion. …

The Taiwanese doctor then stated the virus outbreak began earlier than assumed, saying, “We must look to September of 2019”.

He stated the case in September of 2019 where some Japanese traveled to Hawaii and returned home infected, people who had never been to China. This was two months prior to the infections in China and just after the CDC suddenly and totally shut down the Fort Detrick bio-weapons lab claiming the facilities were insufficient to prevent loss of pathogens.

Again, I don't know what actually happened - but here is just another side of the coin and possibility...

Edited by gendao
  • Thanks 1