Starjumper

The perfect weapon

Just have to pick who you're gonna believe and go with it, see if it helps you. No problem.  Taking lots more iodine has helped a number of people I know personally, Including myself  :D .  Whatever works for you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cheya said:

Just have to pick who you're gonna believe and go with it, see if it helps you. No problem.  Taking lots more iodine has helped a number of people I know personally, Including myself  :D .  Whatever works for you.

Out of simple curiosity, may I ask how long you've been taking "lots more iodine," and if you've had any blood, urine, or other possibly pertinent medical tests done during this time, and/or prior to your increased ingestion as a sort of baseline?

What benefits have you noted?

• Like 1

I've been doing it for years, supplementing thyroid as well, as just iodine and some other supplements brought my thyroid levels up, but not enough. I get tested every year for blood levels (not of iodine, it's not an available test, but thyroid function reflects it). After 25 years, I finally had to go to an actual doctor for my hip, and she gave her blessing to my self-management of thyroid issues.

I take so many supplements, it's honestly hard to say exactly what does what... but I started taking iodine when I realized my thyroid function was really low. If I neglect the iodine (it happens, lol) eventually my temperature drops and I need more thyroid... as well as to reinstitute the iodine intake. The 3 major pluses from my POV are weight, immunity, and fibroids. There are many others.

Here's an excellent lay-oriented article on the uses of iodine by Dr. Jonathan Wright, MD, one of the first MDs to put forward the uses of iodine.  An earlier version of this article was what turned me on to iodine originally. It's worth a read.

https://tahomaclinic.com/2011/01/iodide/ 
(This article was written before direct oral supplementation of iodine became a thing. For more info on that you need to read Dr. Brownstein and/or Dr. Flechas.  Many MDs recommend it now. And many don't. Again, your pick)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cheya said:

I've been doing it for years, supplementing thyroid as well, as just iodine and some other supplements brought my thyroid levels up, but not enough. I get tested every year for blood levels (not of iodine, it's not an available test, but thyroid function reflects it). After 25 years, I finally had to go to an actual doctor for my hip, and she gave her blessing to my self-management of thyroid issues.

I take so many supplements, it's honestly hard to say exactly what does what... but I started taking iodine when I realized my thyroid function was really low. If I neglect the iodine (it happens, lol) eventually my temperature drops and I need more thyroid... as well as to reinstitute the iodine intake. The 3 major pluses from my POV are weight, immunity, and fibroids. There are many others.

Here's an excellent lay-oriented article on the uses of iodine by Dr. Jonathan Wright, MD, one of the first MDs to put forward the uses of iodine.  An earlier version of this article was what turned me on to iodine originally. It's worth a read.

https://tahomaclinic.com/2011/01/iodide/ 
(This article was written before direct oral supplementation of iodine became a thing. For more info on that you need to read Dr. Brownstein and/or Dr. Flechas.  Many MDs recommend it now. And many don't. Again, your pick)

I've found diet and lifestyle really influence your health, so while I do take iodine, I am avoiding seaweed and most seafood these days since Fukushima since there is still lots of radiation on this side of the Pacific, and it reaches California still. A lot of Americans I know make lifestyle changes, but when they move to places like Bali and Greece, the environment plays a huge role in health. Obviously we all can't move as easily, and ideally, the environment, your fitness and internal arts, diet, and adequate sleep plus quality of sleep all would help, along with being aware of your genetic makeup.

In other words: diet alone is a factor, but it must be a holistic change with multiple factors. No supplements or yogic/qigong practice will compensate for living near an area with lots of mercury or a polluted city full of PM 2.5, all of which compromise your body and make you further sensitive to nCoV. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 9

btw, people  giving out medical advice (for instance dosage amounts) except in very general terms and  where to get further expert advice and details sounds very iffy to me...  Anyway we all have another major warning through this virus to get our shit together, not unlike we have from all the other forms of disasters!  (on small and major scales, man-made or from nature, with the natural ones from tornadoes, floods, heatwaves, fires, etc. often having man-made or related causes to them ) 

Edited by old3bob

On 2/27/2020 at 5:36 PM, Starjumper said:

Look, the clueless  'head in the sand' crowd laughed.  Vaccines gave me Hep C. 

I’m glad they laughed because it was meant as a joke.

Sorry about the Hep-C though, but are you sure that’s got nothing to do with your grand tour of Quito’s brothels?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

I’m glad they laughed because it was meant as a joke.

Could be, but I'm sure there are some pro vaccine types here who think that to point out the bad side of it is a conspiracy.

Sorry about the Hep-C though, but are you sure that’s got nothing to do with your grand tour of Quito’s brothels?

Ya, I never paid for pussy.  The Hepatitis was cured, but the first medical treatment was like chemo, only worse, and for a whole year.

Edited by Starjumper

What ?  We got a simple one here ;  one tab a day for 6 weeks , no side effects ,  heaps of people are being cured totally with it . They also report it eliminated other 'ingrained ' stuff they had , like herpes . 

Its a pity others dont have access to this, or know  about it .     ( like also, apparently there are heaps of men out there suffering prostate problems *  that dont know about proserin (saw palm extract )   and still have to put up with urinating 3 -5 times per night , every night .  Where taking one or two  pills of a natural substance daily eliminates it ) .

* prostate problems are SO common. even  one of my female friends has it !

Spoiler

I was ahing this conversation with a male friend and she was dropping in  ( she is a bit of a 'duffa' )  ; " I have to wee at night sometimes ... ummmm  ... do I have a prostate ?   "  My male friend looks at her incredulous , but I cut him off ;

" yes,  yes you do, and they can play up in women at your age , better get it checked next time you go to doctor ."

...... cant wait until she goes and asks doctor for a checkup  :D 

• Haha 1

trump and his freakish son along with fox fools claiming that democrats had anything to do with motives related to the virus just further proves that he and they will stoop to the lowest hell driven lies and sub-human twisted depravity of pathologically riddled corruption and malice!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, old3bob said:

trump and his freakish son along with fox fools claiming that democrats had anything to do with motives related to the virus just further proves that he and they will stoop to the lowest hell driven lies and sub-human twisted depravity of pathologically riddled corruption and malice!   

wow..thats..intense. LOL

Edited by bax44
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bax44 said:

wow..thats..intense. LOL

old3bob is correct. Trump is driving this country to ruin! Nothing funny about it!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ralis said:

old3bob is correct. Trump is driving this country to ruin! Nothing funny about it!

hahaha. this country runs on walmart and nfl football. maybe it deserves ruin.

Edited by bax44
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, old3bob said:

17 hours ago, bax44 said:

wow..thats..intense. LOL

Not just intense, I get the feeling it motivates and drives Trump supporters.  The extreme vitriol makes him look like martyr  and that the world is full of Deep State people victimizing the poor man.  

imo better to just quote the man verbatim and let the 'stupid' speak for itself.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bax44 said:

hahaha. this country runs on walmart and nfl football. maybe it deserves ruin.

You think it is funny! If thousands of people die from this virus you find that amusing? This virus does not discriminate and could very well infect you and your family! 

On 2/29/2020 at 7:53 PM, ilumairen said:

Out of simple curiosity, may I ask how long you've been taking "lots more iodine," and if you've had any blood, urine, or other possibly pertinent medical tests done during this time, and/or prior to your increased ingestion as a sort of baseline?

What benefits have you noted?

Yeah, blood tests 2-4X a year and an established baseline is important.

Edited by moment

It might be interesting to talk about what "Deep State" means. The term originated from Turkish, originally describing the Kemalist network that drove Turkish state policy behind the scenes and occasionally staged coups when elected officials got out of line. Erdogan seems to have broken much of this Deep State and appeased other parts. In any case the idea got translated into English at some point and predictably a lot more was read into it. In essence though I don't think anyone actually disputes the existence of a deep state, understanding "deep state" to mean a range of powerful, entrenched, and unelected interests in the government.

It's not really a conspiracy since so much of this operates in the open- in the US the deep state is seen in the State Department, the Pentagon, the intelligence services, the "defense" industry. Then you've got the think tanks, e.g. Brookings Institution, Atlantic Council, Foundation for Defense of Democracies, etc., who publicly present the views of this "deep state." Again, it's no secret who pulls the strings- these organizations publicly disclose their sources of funding, and there you'll see, along with big banks, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, oil companies, etc. a lot of money coming from foreign governments. Most prominent being Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Israel, and a few others- some think tanks are more beholden to some of these governments than others. A predominately Qatar-backed think tank will likely have somewhat different views than a Saudi-backed one. A lot of these influence operations also have strong presence on American universities. They don't have the same interests in all areas and it would be wrong to see this "deep state" as having a unitary will in all matters.

How much threat does this deep state really present to Trump, or vice versa? Not much. They might not like a lot of the things he says but in practice he pretty much keeps the machine moving. The oil execs, Saudis, and Israelis seem pleased with him. Whenever Trump has threatened to do something really out of line re: Korea, NATO, Iraq, Afghanistan- he blinks. Whether he sincerely planned on changing course and got strongarmed, or was just putting on a show for his base, who knows? But there isn't any dark mystery here- any president who wants to go against the grain has to contend with powerful, wealthy people, not just within the government but around the world. I believe a president who actually had principles and a coherent vision could actually take them on, though it would be very difficult and dangerous.

Edited by SirPalomides
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

You think it is funny! If thousands of people die from this virus you find that amusing? This virus does not discriminate and could very well infect you and your family! 

People's hearts will be exposed on threads like this and TDB has a long memory.

• Like 1

The coronavirus has been circulating undetected and has possibly infected scores of people over the past six weeks in Washington state, according to a genetic analysis of virus samples that has sobering implications for the entire country amid heightening anxiety about the likely spread of the disease. 

The researchers conducted genetic sequencing of two virus samples. One is from a patient who traveled from China to Snohomish County in mid-January and was the first person diagnosed with the disease in the United States. The other came from a recently diagnosed patient in the same county, a high school student with no travel-related or other known exposure to the coronavirus. The two samples look almost identical genetically, said Trevor Bedford, a computational biologist at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle who announced the results of the research on Twitter late Saturday night. 

“This strongly suggests that there has been cryptic transmission in Washington State for the past 6 weeks,” Bedford wrote. “I believe we’re facing an already substantial outbreak in Washington State that was not detected until now due to narrow case definition requiring direct travel to China.”

Edited by moment
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

It might be interesting to talk about what "Deep State" means. The term originated from Turkish, originally describing the Kemalist network that drove Turkish state policy behind the scenes and occasionally staged coups when elected officials got out of line. Erdogan seems to have broken much of this Deep State and appeased other parts. In any case the idea got translated into English at some point and predictably a lot more was read into it. In essence though I don't think anyone actually disputes the existence of a deep state, understanding "deep state" to mean a range of powerful, entrenched, and unelected interests in the government.

It's not really a conspiracy since so much of this operates in the open- in the US the deep state is seen in the State Department, the Pentagon, the intelligence services, the "defense" industry. Then you've got the think tanks, e.g. Brookings Institution, Atlantic Council, Foundation for Defense of Democracies, etc., who publicly present the views of this "deep state." Again, it's no secret who pulls the strings- these organizations publicly disclose their sources of funding, and there you'll see, along with big banks, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, oil companies, etc. a lot of money coming from foreign governments. Most prominent being Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Israel, and a few others- some think tanks are more beholden to some of these governments than others. A predominately Qatar-backed think tank will likely have somewhat different views than a Saudi-backed one. A lot of these influence operations also have strong presence on American universities. They don't have the same interests in all areas and it would be wrong to see this "deep state" as having a unitary will in all matters.

How much threat does this deep state really present to Trump, or vice versa? Not much. They might not like a lot of the things he says but in practice he pretty much keeps the machine moving. The oil execs, Saudis, and Israelis seem pleased with him. Whenever Trump has threatened to do something really out of line re: Korea, NATO, Iraq, Afghanistan- he blinks. Whether he sincerely planned on changing course and got strongarmed, or was just putting on a show for his base, who knows? But there isn't any dark mystery here- any president who wants to go against the grain has to contend with powerful, wealthy people, not just within the government but around the world. I believe a president who actually had principles and a coherent vision could actually take them on, though it would be very difficult and dangerous.

How does this relate to this conversation? Trump and his buddies are completely incompetent to deal with this crisis. He is proposing diverting winter energy heating assistance from poor people to fund prevention and testing. Testing kits are contaminated! The government agencies that are responsible for testing, treatment and emergency measures have had funding cut!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

How does this relate to this conversation? Trump and his buddies are completely incompetent to deal with this crisis. He is proposing diverting winter energy heating assistance from poor people to fund prevention and testing. Testing kits are contaminated! The government agencies that are responsible for testing, treatment and emergency measures have had funding cut!

This conversation started out with speculation that the virus was some sort of government bioweapon. We can pretty much talk about whatever the hell we want after that. One day Trump will be gone and the world does not revolve around him.

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

imo better to just quote the man verbatim and let the 'stupid' speak for itself.  

Hi Michael,

What entails when its deviates from 'verbatim' ~ verbosity or ...?

th?id=OIP.xg74EGUNP8mjbMwmL2c14gHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300   QeGFU.gif

- Anand

2 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Michael,

What entails when its deviates from 'verbatim' ~ verbosity or ...?

th?id=OIP.xg74EGUNP8mjbMwmL2c14gHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300   QeGFU.gif

- Anand

Are you capable of having a real conversation here?