Starjumper

The perfect weapon

17 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Now you sound like a paid stooge for the drug companies.  The thyroid epidemic is caused by a general lacking of iodine in the population, plus fluoride poisoning.  Fluoride is antagonistic to iodine and toxic to the thyroid.

In the US, owing largely to iodized table salt, there is very little iodine deficiency among the population. 

https://www.thyroid.org/iodine-deficiency/

Not sure what he presented would make him "sound like a paid stooge," so I'm just writing it off as you simply being your usual insulting self. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

In the US, owing largely to iodized table salt, there is very little iodine deficiency among the population. 

That's the party line which the drug companies and the parrots push, but then why is there a thyroid epidemic looming?

Many people are avoiding salt.  Iodized salt is not used in processed foods.  Fluoride is antagonistic (neutralizes) iodine.  Many wise nutritionists will tell you that there is a general deficiency of iodine in the US and it is very important for your immune system and general health.  Just look around, can't you see all the sickness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, C T said:

Not sure how you arrived at that time frame, but according to the light research I'd done, it should be made available much sooner than that. The 'haves' will make sure of that. They'd be worried about dirty pools and unkempt lawns. Not to mention being forced to face the reality of a whole other list of their own vulnerabilities. God forbid, they might even have to cook their own meals. Not exactly a bad thing. 

But while the process is moving with remarkable speed, experts say patience is still required.

"Even though we are seeing rapid vaccine development with this virus, vaccine development is usually seen on the scale of years, not months," Dr. Adalja said.

"We will likely see rapid initiation of clinical trials that will establish the safety and then establish that [the vaccine] is actually creating immunity, and then figure out the dose of the vaccine... You need all of that to be figured out."

If the Inovio vaccine or another lab's version is successful, Adalja thinks it would still take "about a year" for it to become available to the public. 

"It's one thing to make a vaccine that actually works, but you also have to manufacture it in sufficient quantities for it immunize the population that it's indicated for, and you have to be able to have that whole manufacturing process done in an appropriate manner so you can make these [vaccines] safely and quickly and according to good manufacturing practices. All of that takes time," he explained. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-vaccine-san-diego-lab-inovio-pharmaceuticals-discovered-drug-testing/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starjumper said:

That's the party line which the drug companies and the parrots push, but then why is there a thyroid epidemic looming?

Many people are avoiding salt.  Iodized salt is not used in processed foods.  Fluoride is antagonistic (neutralizes) iodine.  Many wise nutritionists will tell you that there is a general deficiency of iodine in the US and it is very important for your immune system and general health.  Just look around, can't you see all the sickness.

Why not stick to your little mountain hideaway with your paranoid world view and stay away!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Star, you've just made an argument which is really no argument at all.

Yeah, I see illnesses, do I believe that they are all related to iodine deficiency, and therefore bolster your argument? Certainly not. 

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

Why not stick to your little mountain hideaway with your paranoid world view and stay away!

Why not shove your head further up you ass, then polish off you glass belly button.

5 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Star, you've just made an argument which is really no argument at all.

Yeah, I see illnesses, do I believe that they are all related to iodine deficiency, and therefore bolster your argument? Certainly not. 

I've been studying these things for decades, have you?  If you want details do the searching.  It looks like you ignored my other statements and only referrd to the one you could deny or argue with.  Is that what you want to do?

Edited by Starjumper

2 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I've been studying these things for decades, have you?  If you want details do the searching.

Claims towards authority, age, or one's own great intellect don't impress me much...

If this is all you have to offer, your position is rather weak and entirely unpersuasive.

Take care. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Claims towards authority, age, or one's own great intellect don't impress me much...

If this is all you have to offer, your position is rather weak and entirely unpersuasive.

Take care. 

There is always one hanging out here!

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

There is always one hanging out here!

I find great irony in these weary old "fighting the authoritative man" types becoming the authoritative voices attempting to insult and bully other's into believing whatever narrative they're presently pushing..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

I find great irony in these weary old "fighting the authoritative man" types becoming the authoritative voices attempting to insult and bully other's into believing whatever narrative they're presently pushing..

If I remember correctly he was promoting his mountain hermitage to anyone that can move there and learn from his so called guru level of mastery. I seriously doubt it would be free of charge. 

Just now, ralis said:

If I remember correctly he was promoting his mountain hermitage to anyone that can move there and learn from his so called guru level of mastery. I seriously doubt it would be free of charge. 

It wasn't, although work on the hermitage could be used as a form of exchange to offset the cost. 

6 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I find great irony in these weary old "fighting the authoritative man" types becoming the authoritative voices attempting to insult and bully other's into believing whatever narrative they're presently pushing.

Hi ilumairen,

Play this card ~ Mommy's authority.

- Anand

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is dark, but reading the history of pandemics, I'm surprised that it took so long for this one to hit.

Historically the pandemics hit every generation, with 'influenza pandemics occur on average once every 25–30 years, the average annual pneumonia and influenza mortality from influenza pandemics is a little more than 230,000 deaths. This is comparable to seasonal influenza, which worldwide causes at least 250,000 deaths annually (WHO 2016b).'

The world got lucky with Sars and Mersa missing the large population.  Modern sanitation and clean water help a great deal.  This strain seems to have a 1-2% fatality rate, if it speads to pandemic proportions, not everyone will get it.  Some will shrug it off, but it will kill off 100,000's, course so does regular pneumonia, which has a .1% death rate. 

It's bad and scary, but we'll live through it, vaccine will be developed as will better coping drugs.  And we'll hopefully get some better detection and prevention policies in place.  Not that they'll keep pandemics from happening but they can help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see there's been an edit of a post I had already responded to. Here's the edited version:

Just now, Starjumper said:

I've been studying these things for decades, have you?  If you want details do the searching.  It looks like you ignored my other statements and only referrd to the one you could deny or argue with.  Is that what you want to do?

Apparently, you missed the overall dismissal of what you've woven together as argument for a widespread iodine deficiency, particularly in the population of the US  - with my link to an article from the American Thyroid Association serving to highlight this lack of widespread iodine deficiency in the US population.

Here it is again, since you apparently missed it:

There are numerous reasons for and causes of thyroid disorders, and clearly they are not all caused by iodine deficiency.  (And as @ralis accurately pointed out can be caused/exasperated by excessive iodine levels.)

Many people are avoiding salt.  

Yes, there are people limiting their salt intake, or using salts without added iodine. 

Iodized salt is not used in processed foods.  

Here's a link to what is to be avoided to maintain a low iodine diet:

https://www.thyroid.org/low-iodine-diet/

Fluoride is antagonistic (neutralizes) iodine.  

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016041201830833X

Many wise nutritionists will tell you that there is a general deficiency of iodine in the US and it is very important for your immune system and general health.

"Many wise nutritionists" - who are these nutritionists saying there is a deficiency of iodine in the US? Can you reference them? Or is this some call to vague authority, interwoven with well known and accepted fact (the importance of iodine to health) to lend it cerdence?

Just look around, can't you see all the sickness.

I've already addressed this, and I'll reiterate, you've presented an argument (in it's entirety) which is no argument at all.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, thelerner said:

This is dark, but reading the history of pandemics, I'm surprised that it took so long for this one to hit.

Historically the pandemics hit every generation, with 'influenza pandemics occur on average once every 25–30 years, the average annual pneumonia and influenza mortality from influenza pandemics is a little more than 230,000 deaths. This is comparable to seasonal influenza, which worldwide causes at least 250,000 deaths annually (WHO 2016b).'

The world got lucky with Sars and Mersa missing the large population.  Modern sanitation and clean water help a great deal.  This strain seems to have a 1-2% fatality rate, if it speads to pandemic proportions, not everyone will get it.  Some will shrug it off, but it will kill off 100,000's, course so does regular pneumonia, which has a .1% death rate. 

It's bad and scary, but we'll live through it, vaccine will be developed as will better coping drugs.  And we'll hopefully get some better detection and prevention policies in place.  Not that they'll keep pandemics from happening but they can help.

Agreed! Whether it is Bacterium or viral infections, at some point in time it will stop! It has to do with immune response, adaptation, which determines the natural course. Nature inhibits outstripping food supplies which would be the demise of that particular strain.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I see there's been an edit of a post I had already responded to. Here's the edited version:

Apparently, you missed the overall dismissal of what you've woven together as argument for a widespread iodine deficiency, particularly in the population of the US  - with my link to an article from the American Thyroid Association serving to highlight this lack of widespread iodine deficiency in the US population.

Here it is again, since you apparently missed it:

There are numerous reasons for and causes of thyroid disorders, and clearly they are not all caused by iodine deficiency.  (And as @ralis accurately pointed out can be caused/exasperated by excessive iodine levels.)

Yes, there are people limiting their salt intake, or using salts without added iodine. 

Here's a link to what is to be avoided to maintain a low iodine diet:

https://www.thyroid.org/low-iodine-diet/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016041201830833X

"Many wise nutritionists" - who are these nutritionists saying there is a deficiency of iodine in the US? Can you reference them? Or is this some call to vague authority, interwoven with well known and accepted fact (the importance of iodine to health) to lend it cerdence?

I've already addressed this, and I'll reiterate, you've presented an argument (in it's entirety) which is no argument at all.

Some friends of mine have been really sold on adding special iodine to their diet. They become full of hyped up energy, increased heart rate and possible bouts of arrhythmia/tachycardia.     

Edited by ralis
  • Confused 1

Just now, ralis said:

Some friends of mine have been really sold on adding special iodine to their diet. They become full of hyped up energy. increased heart rate and possible bouts of arrhythmia/tachycardia.     

This, to me, seems a direct consequence of believing oversimplified statements such as those being made by star here.

Yes, there is a correlation with flouride and iodine, however this doesn't mean having fluoridated water irrevocably indicates iodine deficiency, and everyone should be adding more iodine to their diet.

For some reason "selling the disease" comes to mind...

• Like 2

Self care by monitoring any symptoms that may be related to pathogenic infections is important. I imagine most here are aware of this and this is for a few that are in denial that happen to be on this site. 

Here is my experience with a viral infection, massive throbbing headache, high fever of 104.5, deep ache/soreness in every muscle, intense nausea, I was becoming delirious-seeing visual patterns. I was 22 at that time and for an adult with that high of a fever is dangerous!  

I was in the the military at the time and quickly realized how incompetent the physicians were and if I didn’t take care of myself, I would not make it.

My course of action was simple. I had practiced yoga for many years prior to this event with emphasis on deep yogic relaxation being part of my practice. I was able to go deep within for around an hour with short breaks to consume gallons of ice water and I don’t remember eating for at least three days. Around 3:00 a.m. on the third day an orderly woke me up since my fever had broken only to find myself in a pool of sweat in my bed. It was if someone dumped a couple of gallons of water on the mattress. 

I posted the above not as a cure or medical advice, but suggesting there are ways for self care. 

• Like 1