On 10/4/2019 at 7:02 AM, Nungali said:

One was really weird;  I am walking through a shopping complex and I see these people ahead of me, they are talking and two of them seem to be 'looking after' an obviously disabled guy, but not paying attention to him as they distracted by the others conversation. I immediately notice something strange about this guy, his skin is an unusual colour, a brown copper colour, slanted near Asian type eyes, but green coloured , bronze/ light brown straight  hair   , he has unusual features, pointed chin, nose, high cheek bones and pointed tops of ears  and obvious physical and mental disabilities .

One glance at him and I am thinking ' My God, he looks like a goblin or a changeling or something ! '

https://www.britannica.com/art/changeling-folklore

As soon as I thought that, he looks up and glares at me hatefully ... urk !  So I steer a wide path around them, but as I pass he breaks loose and lunges at me ....  yelling in strange unformed words and spastic movements  flailing at me .  As I said, I did the most gentle aikido ever and 'folded' his arms on his chest, turned him around patted him on the back and delivered him to his now shocked and rushing forward carers, who nabbed him but he is struggling against them and still trying to get at me  . They where freaked out  " Oh, we are so sorry, he had never done anything like that before ! "

:blink:

I seem to have the opposite dynamic with normal   human babies  though   .

I've encountered things like that too. Some statements I heard over the years seem to correlate even if they seem contradictory, as they speak to the skills of the people talking about me. These are from people of different cultural groups I will include as well. 

1) "Something about you makes me just want to bully you and pick on you, and I can't help it." - from a friend's brother who is highly functioning autistic and from a Chinese-Filipino family

2) "I like him because he has smiling eyes." - A friend's wife from Korea

3) "He has such an intense energy to him" - commonly said by some Americans, Spaniards, Filipinos, Australians, British, New Age yoga and reiki students

4) "He has fire eyes! Very pure and fantastic energy to him and very hard working, very skilled and insightful!" - Chinese mainlander who is the boss of an ex-girlfriend's mother who NEVER praises people

5) "Your face is so ugly because it's always frowning! Bitchy resting face is horrible!" - Spanish girl

6) "This guy's face is so creepy!" - American university students in Las Vegas who had the sudden instinct to turn around and look at me on an escalator

7) "I don't know why but I had an instinct to turn around and look at you and didn't even know I was waiting for you." - Singaporean Chinese friend who had never met me or seen my face before who was waiting to meet me the first time while my friend was in the restroom

8) "He's kind of creepy and intense but he's cool. Can I sleep over and talk with him all night?" - Same friend's other Chinese Singaporean friend who met me on Skype

9) "He has such a unique energy and a mission from the gods, very powerful." - Psychic from a Shinto shrine

10) "You have such a pure and comforting presence and I just want to hug you." - friends, men and women alike of all ages

11) "You are immature and you are full of shit and ego." - members of The Dao Bums

12) "You are wise and very soothing and I feel energy in your words and posts." -  members of The Dao Bums

13) "He has very strong energy and is very spiritual." - Balinese guide

14) "I don't know what to label you! Healer? Warrior? Traveler? Philanthropist? Writer? Teacher?" - an ex-girlfriend

15) "I don't know why but I am so comfortable around you and just feel natural to share these things with you I never share with others normally." - commonly said by others

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 5

On 10/3/2019 at 6:10 PM, dwai said:

I'm very boring and find almost everyone else's stories fascinating, and often wonder why my life isn't as amazing/colorful/eventful as everyone else. 

If we knew you better, I'm fairly confident we could pick out some weird and interesting things about you!

:lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@dwai

What kind of guy worries about overdoing it in the gym because his growing biceps might interfere with "internal power"?  What kind of guy asks internet strangers to tell him who they are without thinking?  (Or at least I think that was the exercise.  I repressed the exact language because it was just too bizarre to contemplate.) 

No worries about your oddness, friend.  You are not even a little bit lacking in the weird department. 

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 05/10/2019 at 6:32 PM, Sebastian said:

Can I please have the phone number of this exotic looking raccoon ? Very handsome.

NO!   You devilish foreigner  !  You must stick to your own ugly and  nasty possums

maxresdefault.jpg

Down here, the cute and beautiful native possum   ...

Possum_Baby.jpg

" She not for you ! " 

Neither is this clutch of bandicutes

w1200_h678_fcrop.jpg

Ooooo   alright !  You can hold them for a minute

13a27d43874a75c52a116755b258ff02--crash-

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

after 'sharing the news' with a few friends...

Some animals are complacent and co operative  .... others 

• Haha 1

My grandfather died this year. 93 or 95 years old, 6 children, a fully lived life... and he wanted more.

This is still enigmatic to me... but it happened. When I was maybe 5 or 6 years old, as I was curious of it he took a stapler... and to show me someone can handle pain he stapled his own hand! I got scared and I ran to my mom. But... the lesson remains today.

There was also this time in India. I found in a guesthouse a book (The alchemist, Paulo Coelho) that I was reading and I was listening at the same time to some music. As the word mektoub popped up and intrigued me.

To my surprise as I turned the page I had the pleasure to read :

«    Mektoub,    dit    finalement    le    Marchand. –    Qu’est-ce    que    c’est    que    ça? –    Il    faudrait    que    tu    sois    né    arabe    pour    comprendre.    Mais    la    traduction    doit    être    quelque    chose    comme
“    c’est    écrit    ”.    »

"Maktub," the merchant said, finally. "What does that mean?" "You would have to have been born an Arab to understand," he answered. "But in your language it would be something like 'It is written.' "

Edited by CloudHands
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

NO!   You devilish foreigner  !  You must stick to your own ugly and  nasty possums

Well, then.... I won't share with you the delicious yummy raccoon cookies I just baked.

d4b31951d39163e5155e86bd3ac43471.jpg

Guess I'll just be enjoying those with my other buddies from this thread.... like Nintendao, Liminal Luke and Silent Thunder. 

Don't be too jealous though, we'll think about you while we're eating them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Alright fine, I'm not one to exclude people, and I don't want to hurt your feelings, so I baked a special cake just for you.

bf193a58cf64dcc20ceddb717d6143da.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sebastian said:

Well, then.... I won't share with you the delicious yummy raccoon cookies I just baked.

d4b31951d39163e5155e86bd3ac43471.jpg

Guess I'll just be enjoying those with my other buddies from this thread.... like Nintendao, Liminal Luke and Silent Thunder. 

Don't be too jealous though, we'll think about you while we're eating them.

Pffft, why would I be jealous when I have my own raccoon friend!!
image-450w-226160566.jpg

He's just as cute and cuddly and OH WHO AM I KIDDING HE'S A FREAK DEAR GOD WILL SOMEONE TAKE HIM PLEASE.  

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2019 at 6:27 PM, steve said:

Haha!

The tendon is not worthless, it can be used for lots of good stuff!

Hmm i think it can be used in surgery but it isn't generally useful. What do you have in mind?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zork said:

Hmm i think it can be used in surgery but it isn't generally useful. What do you have in mind?

Just in surgery... otherwise useless as you said.

• Like 1

I have a few raccoon stories -

I was once helping a friend try to round up a few horses and a donkey that had gotten out of his field when we were teens. 

As we walked through cornfields at dusk looking for them, we suddenly heard something running at us through the corn and making really frightening sounds - sort of like a babbling, gurgling, growling sound. We ran like made and it turned out to be a defensive raccoon! We eventually got the horses back in the paddock. The donkey couldn't be found until the next day.

On another occasion, I was hitchhiking home from a night out. This was in the 70's before I had my driver's license. I was picked up in a sports coupe (I think it was a Datsun 240Z) by a very attractive young lady, probably in her 20's. She was wearing a short skirt and had a young raccoon lying in her lap. She was feeding the raccoon with a bottle as she drove. She invited me to pet the raccoon in her lap as we drove along and we made some small talk. She then dropped me off at my street and sped away. it was quite a memorable experience for a 15 year old boy!

Spoiler

w9TGx5b.jpg

Edited by steve
  • Like 2

Earlier in the year, when mama raccoon was taking the young for an evening stroll, she brought them to the porch where I was sitting for a brief introduction. Sometimes they come to ask for an egg - which entails some rather cute "eating" gestures. Other times there are no gestures, and their curious gaze seems more of a "hello."

I don't know if this counts as weird. I grew up at the edge of a forest and it seems entirely normal to me, but it does include raccoons, so it may be appropriate for this thread. 

• Like 3

I am terrified of corduroy. Touching it gives me chills as I feel, or imagine feeling, it get under my fingernails. The very thought of corduroy sends a shudder through my frame. Ugh.

From childhood on, I really like running fabric and soft things along the crease between my pointer finger and 2nd one.  Rubbing blankets along the that inner fold of skin feels particularly satisfying and relaxing. 

at work as a painting contractor-I do not allow paint on my hands.

If and when any gets on there I have to stop and go get the wet rag and get it off my hands or arms immediately or I go wash it off

I suppose it might be a compulsion or simply that it seems like it dirty or that it would look sloppy.

I just cant stand it.

I don't think I was so particular years ago-it just seems to have evolved to an absolute no.

not sure if that qualifies as weird.

Edited by sagebrush
simplify
  • Like 1

At this point in my life I either am slightly telepathic from meditation or slightly schizophrenic... Super weird and no one knows! I don't know where to turn but am sick of it lol. I figured this was a good enough place. Someone point me to somewhere to talk about telepathy please :'(