Rara

Jing to Qi - a Technical Question

On 8/11/2019 at 8:48 AM, freeform said:

I like what you have said.

But I think it's important to point out that the bit in bold is not necessarily so. In fact, it rarely is.

Developing virtue is a practice in its own right - and it doesn't automatically come with spiritual cultivation. In fact, at certain stages in the process, the exact opposite can and does manifest...

That's why there are so many creepy, gregarious and non-virtuous Daoist practitioners with skill out there. (And just as many - if not more, from other traditions - so it's certainly not exclusively Daoist!)

If we teach non virtuous people we will have bad karma that would ruin our own lives, it against the rules of transmission.

If we teach kindness, forgiveness, compassion then we have someone to teach. True virtue is not virtuous it happens with out thought or agenda it is just who we are without convention, true virtue.

When we see creepy, gregarious and non-virtuous Daoist practitioners they obviously have no real skill and not able to be given transmission. Traditional lineages weed out the garden fast so those types of people can not be taught.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MIchael80 said:

they way i was taught was that meditation was not allowed at all or only in very high levels

may i ask why?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

True virtue is not virtuous it happens with out thought or agenda it is just who we are without convention, true virtue.

Completely agree.

If we teach non virtuous people we will have bad karma that would ruin our own lives, it against the rules of transmission.

Every person carries defilements within them. There are no fully virtuous people - and no completely non-virtuous people.

When we see creepy, gregarious and non-virtuous Daoist practitioners they obviously have no real skill and not able to be given transmission. Traditional lineages weed out the garden fast so those types of people can not be taught.

That’s not the case in my experience. I’ve seen people with great skill, but low virtue. Though I agree that in a traditional lineage these characteristics should and usually are weeded out. Negative characteristics are present in all of us, and cultivation can either increase them, or transform them into virtue.

• Like 2

On 12.8.2019 at 6:03 PM, Wuschel said:

may i ask why?

sure.

It is taught that silent sitting meditation is beneficial if done for 10-15 minutes for its calming effect etc. but that calming can be reached also with neidan (moving techniques) ...longer is harmful because it is too yin.....but in alchemy you want to increase the yang (yuan jing, yuan chi)....so it is counterproductive.

Once you have the elixir ...the silent sitting is not harmful anymore and it is used in higher stages for further refinement. But in one lineage it was not used at all.

Keep in mind what i said in my other posts about neidan with full alchemical principle and the much more well known neidan where this principle is not fully used and other things have interwoven ...bringing different results (not lesser, just different).

• Like 1