Rara

Jing to Qi - a Technical Question

On 8/11/2019 at 8:48 AM, freeform said:

I like what you have said.

But I think it's important to point out that the bit in bold is not necessarily so. In fact, it rarely is.

Developing virtue is a practice in its own right - and it doesn't automatically come with spiritual cultivation. In fact, at certain stages in the process, the exact opposite can and does manifest...

That's why there are so many creepy, gregarious and non-virtuous Daoist practitioners with skill out there. (And just as many - if not more, from other traditions - so it's certainly not exclusively Daoist!)

If we teach non virtuous people we will have bad karma that would ruin our own lives, it against the rules of transmission.

If we teach kindness, forgiveness, compassion then we have someone to teach. True virtue is not virtuous it happens with out thought or agenda it is just who we are without convention, true virtue.

When we see creepy, gregarious and non-virtuous Daoist practitioners they obviously have no real skill and not able to be given transmission. Traditional lineages weed out the garden fast so those types of people can not be taught.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

True virtue is not virtuous it happens with out thought or agenda it is just who we are without convention, true virtue.

Completely agree.

If we teach non virtuous people we will have bad karma that would ruin our own lives, it against the rules of transmission.

Every person carries defilements within them. There are no fully virtuous people - and no completely non-virtuous people.

When we see creepy, gregarious and non-virtuous Daoist practitioners they obviously have no real skill and not able to be given transmission. Traditional lineages weed out the garden fast so those types of people can not be taught.

That’s not the case in my experience. I’ve seen people with great skill, but low virtue. Though I agree that in a traditional lineage these characteristics should and usually are weeded out. Negative characteristics are present in all of us, and cultivation can either increase them, or transform them into virtue.

• Like 4

On 12.8.2019 at 6:03 PM, Wuschel said:

may i ask why?

sure.

It is taught that silent sitting meditation is beneficial if done for 10-15 minutes for its calming effect etc. but that calming can be reached also with neidan (moving techniques) ...longer is harmful because it is too yin.....but in alchemy you want to increase the yang (yuan jing, yuan chi)....so it is counterproductive.

Once you have the elixir ...the silent sitting is not harmful anymore and it is used in higher stages for further refinement. But in one lineage it was not used at all.

Keep in mind what i said in my other posts about neidan with full alchemical principle and the much more well known neidan where this principle is not fully used and other things have interwoven ...bringing different results (not lesser, just different).

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 9:55 AM, MIchael80 said:

The ones that do this public are the (here) much hated russians.....they are boasty but the two schools they teach have the full alchemical system (at least that is what my teacher said).

who are these Russians ?

10 hours ago, Bruce Qi said:

who are these Russians ?

They were active here on the forum from roughly 2012 to 2017.

They have a school in Russia with several branches there and also Australia.

they teach the only 2 Schools with full alchemical principle outside of china.....which are yuxian pai and a branch of wuliu pai.

One cannot learn Wuliu if not a russian and living near their school....but one can be taught yuxian pai through skype and retreats in russia.

Some of them were more active others less. One of them was very active here ..with the name of opendao (a teacher in the yuxian school).

Because they had the knowledge of schools with full alchemical principle they were not shy to "expose" the schools and thoughts wich do not have this knowledge (which is basically every modern school and book about neidan on the market). They just labeled their teaching neidan and stated that all the others are not real neidan. Which from a certain point of view is right but misses the point (see my other posts for this).  As you can guess this resulted in lots of heated discussions and they were not liked much here.

They have stopped posting here a while ago but you can find these threads through the search function (just type in opendao for ex.).

You can contact them through: forum.daode.ru    it is a russian speaking forum with an english section.

All the best

Edited by MIchael80
  • Like 3

On 8/3/2019 at 6:35 AM, Shubin said:

It seems that in Neidan,  Jing to Qi,is 精 to 炁 (not 气).

Some schools of Neidan call Jing as Yuan Jing (元精),  why they do not call it "sexual energy" (性精)?

It is because they are two different things. Jing as Yuan Jing (元精) was assumed to be the primordial substance or prenatal jng in the body.

"sexual energy" is 性

sperm (性精):  the proper term is 精子.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:35 PM, vonkrankenhaus said:

But in the variant seen in some texts, "" - the top radical doesn't actually represent "Water".

The top character was used often by the ancient Taoist to distinguish 氣 and 炁 .

炁:
旡(wu) is an ancient character for 無(wu). 
無 means none
灬 means fire

旡 + 灬 = 炁
炁 was untouched by fire. It symbolize that the Chi inside the body was not touched by fire.

Edited by ReturnDragon

On 2/15/2020 at 4:05 AM, ReturnDragon said:

旡 + 灬 = 炁
炁 was untouched by fire. It symbolize that the Chi inside the body was not touched by fire.

謬種. Falsehood.

炁 does not mean what this deluded man says it does. It is a reference to so-called pre-heaven qi. It is not something that can be said to be located in the human body or any other place, and it has nothing to do with being touched by fire, or not.

He has merely looked at two radicals in the Chinese character and invented a definition.

To anybody who hopes to cultivate, this is dangerous foolishness.

He might want to be your internet friend.

But that doesn't mean he has your best interests in mind. 

Edited by Walker
  • Like 3