X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

15 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

This still doesn't explain why you study Western Mo Pai then! 

I am interested to understand every system that's real.

And the only real systems I know of are Mo Pai and Mind Light Nei Kung.

That doesn't mean that I train in Mo Pai.

16 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

*was ;) 

We keep what's useful and we discard what's no longer feasible.

plus

16 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

He experimented with a little deviation from the old scroll and one of those tests proved that the official technique before the experimentation was already fine. 

That's a contradiction.

Seemingly you claim here whatever helps your agenda, no matter if it's the truth or not.

9 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

If you can't see that the experiment was a way to decide what was necessary to discard, you're really trying hard to squeeze blood from a sugarcube. Maybe that's why your face is so red now?

Then you should know that there is a very high level of practice where you are beyond systems and lineages. That is called mastery. Masters know the principle beyond why and how the techniques were developed, and so they can experiment. 

You are not a master if you are stuck on systems that work and don't work, but Western Mo Pai is not a system--it is an incomplete introduction to a system that is a jigsaw piece that posits itself as the whole picture. Your criteria for what is a legit system is certainly questionable. 

I am not the one with the red face, considering that I proved through quoting you that you first claimed that the exact technique which caused the illness was part of the official material and then you suddenly claimed it wasn't.

In other words: I caught you lying.

12 minutes ago, 小梦想 said:

Thanks for your honesty in your answer.

My pleasure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

You can call it a lie, and I clarified even because it seems you fail to understand.

I fail to fall for your afterwards twisting and relativization of what you said and what I quoted.

I caught you lying.

The intelligent people will come to the same logical conclusion that I did.

Case closed.

17 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Your comprehension has always been questionably dubious

My comprehension is without any question ingenious, as proven through repeated scientific cognitive tests.

Your estimation of it is therefore proven completely wrong, which allows rational conclusions concerning your own comprehension ...or honesty.

Again: Case closed.

When speaking about mo pei it would be nice to limit the words used to..... John, Jim, Kosta Video proof, tents with no bottoms,wires Scientist, doctors, led lights, chop sticks, stripped naked,Chang, fake, real, we, evidence,

A coherent sentence is not even required. This way people with limited vocabulary can keep up and know what is being talked about even if it makes no sense at all anyway.. Only a suggestion, do not forget to have fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Interrupting this circular and  mundane program for some bodhicitta meditation by ZaChoeje Rinpoche.

Actual mediation starts at 9:00.

Enjoy! :wub:

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Wells said:

My comprehension is without any question ingenious, as proven through repeated scientific cognitive tests.

Your estimation of it is therefore proven completely wrong, which allows rational conclusions concerning your own comprehension ...or honesty.

Again: Case closed.

As usual when Sifu Wells reminds us of his genius - scientifically proven I might add - I find it necessary to remind him of the following.

Genius in no way, shape or form confers wisdom upon the person concerned.

A genius can be misled, fooled and conned as easily as anyone else. There is a school of thought which suggests that the so called genius is more easily taken in than the average person.

The genius often more properly described as the intellectually arrogant is most often completely lacking in common sense and so is easily taken in by false prophets. In Sifu Wells case Gary Clyman. Once taken in it is virtually impossible to dissuade them from their perverted views and they will use all manner of intellectual arguments to prove the justness of their cause.

This is a sad state of affairs to find oneself in as you stand exposed like a naked man on a rock when viewed by the more discerning.

To sum up if Sifu Wells feels no shame and embarrassment from his constand self aggrandisement he should at the very least feel a little pity for the rest of us who read his nonsense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheDustAutumn said:

How I imagine people who boast about being atheistic, free thinkers or too intelligent on the internet or any other place, for that matter :lol:

s1hJggm.jpg

in-this-moment-i-am-euphoric-not-because-of-any-19266409.png

As funny as it might seem to you, being a freethinker, and basing our beliefs on the best objective evidence available to us, and our own first-hand observation, is the only option for us.

To us believing something becomes someone else says so aka "personal testimony", or because a book says so, or because of faith, are not good reasons to believe something.

We aren't trying to pass ourselves off as philosophers, we only maintain this is a common sense and down to earth perspective.

For the record, I am not an atheist, but I am still a freethinker.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

On 8/28/2017 at 0:10 PM, alfheim said:

Did he write the 2-3 times part on this forum? I was digging a bit around and found only comments from him where he gives the full lotus a lower importance compared to the other parts.

e.g.:

Well now we know why Mr Coffee is so obsessed with getting into true meditation. Their local dictator is shouting it down at them on a daily basis I guess.

Just goes to show how they add their own interpretation to things and strongly suggest others should do what they do to make progress. Sad state of affairs really when more pie guy is without even realizing it altering their practice material through his own understanding of "teachings".

They may say they give the material completely unaltered, but then verbally alter them, giving new instructions that apparently supersede the instructions given by Jim himself. New instructions from the mind of more pie guy.

alfheim,

I am not sure if you wrote it or if 小梦想 edited it, but John did teach to make progress one must be in "actual meditation", and that sitting and breathing is approximately 2% as effective as being in "actual meditation".

These are quotes from John himself, given in both Kosta's public work and private teachings.

It is not something we are making up.

1 hour ago, Ilovecoffee said:

As funny as it might seem to you, being a freethinker, and basing our beliefs on the best objective evidence available to us, and our own first-hand observation, is the only option for us.

To us believing something becomes someone else says so aka "personal testimony", or because a book says so, or because of faith, are not good reasons to believe something.

We aren't trying to pass ourselves off as philosophers, we only maintain this is a common sense and down to earth perspective.

229554-The-Awkward-Moment-When-A-Zombie-

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, alfheim said:

So what you are saying is if a normal user (not an admin) adds this whole paragraph to my own writing:

Then no one knows what this normal user has added not even the admins can say what it was? And I don't even get a message after him changing my text? And this is how its supposed to be? I'm not sure what to say about this concept except wow just wow.
Well next time I will start my own thread if I have a question about something in a PPD. Seems ridiculous to me but ok now I know.

My part was only the question directed at Mudfoot concerning him posting " the statements from MPG that full lotus is 2-3 times more effective ". I asked him if he found that post from MPG on this forum as I wasn't able to find it with the search tool. I just wanted to know how important they consider the full lotus. The rest is from 小梦想

At least you get to see how we are treated here, and why other members of our group never mention they are members.

I am not here making the claim full lotus is not important, but Jim did manage to complete his training without using it.  

I think it would be best to stick to what John originally said as much as is possible, and that is what we do, present what he said.

Edited by Ilovecoffee
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, alfheim said:

Sorry it wasn't a quote he made just a statement of him about it being from MPG.

The example is bad at least in my country one can't just record something I say in his house then edit it to his liking and post in public to claim his edit was what I said. It being his house doesn't change anything there. He can throw me out of his house (hide post equivalent) but the rest doesn't work.

I don't care that much about my account here as I don't represent a linage or similar and users won't remember me as I don't post enough. But just imagine the potential of misuse. A user here creates a PPD to talk bad about a practice. The holder of that lineage hears about it and creates an account to set things straight. The creator then just has to wait until the lineage holder leaves and can change all wording of him to his own liking. And thats how its supposed to work here?

Yes, it is if the lineage in question is MoPai, and it is being discussed here on this forum.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

55 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

At least you get to see how we are treated here, and why other members of our group never mention they are members.

I am not here making the claim full lotus is not important, but Jim did manage to complete his training without using it.  

I think it would be best to stick to what John originally said as much as is possible, and that is what we do, present what he said.

@Ilovecoffee, that is bullshit and you know it. Grow up, show us some of what "actual meditation will do for us" and wait for things to be discussed by staff before you play the victim.

Every ounce of scrutiny you have received on this forum you have brought on yourself. You knew when you joined and waited a year to interact how it would go if you started up with the same old MoPai song and dance.

• Like 1