Junko

The origin of mankind

I've heard early origin of apple came from Persia.

Central Asia, specifically in the Tien Shan mountains of Kazakhstan.

I'm not quite sure if the apple originated in Switzerland, but it definitely plays a significant role in Swiss folklore.

Wilhelm Tell and his brave son:

2r20pzk.jpg

The apple Bill was forced to shoot from junior's head:

smx36t.jpg

The story is said to have been a milestone in the formation of the Swiss confederation. 

• Like 1

I must somehow aim...it could be that it's all about science fiction.I love SF to see hole picture.You could call me I am SF child.

I got tired of SciFi quite a few years ago.  Most of what was presented was possibilities of things that were too far off time wise for it to ever effect my life.

But I will still talk about the origin of man or the apple.

Oh, SF influence me a lot in my life.I know it could be difficult for many people,but I don't care what people say!

• Like 1

I got tired of SciFi quite a few years ago.  Most of what was presented was possibilities of things that were too far off time wise for it to ever effect my life.

But I will still talk about the origin of man or the apple.

You might well enjoy my book then if I ever get it finished. :-) not too far in the future and linked to today's events.

• Like 2

I must somehow aim...it could be that it's all about science fiction.I love SF to see hole picture.You could call me I am SF child.

Me too. Not so much these days, I liked the classics but once it turned into fantasy rather than science it just turned me off. The best scifi these days tend to be thrillers, but they really aren't revolutionary, it's just a conventional story set amongst technology. I haven't come across any modern visionaries who lay out an entire civilisation, or who can compact a revolutionary idea into a couple of hundred pages. In effect I like romantic fiction with depth (I don't mean love stories, but the kind of writing which is like a good painting where every word is deliberate and the style suffuses every sentence).

I do too think the sun is just a ball of hot gas, but,, What did it say?

It was a non-verbal communication. I sensed that he recognized and greeted me. As I said, I was in a crisis, but he told me that things are going to work out fine, and that I should hold on to what I came to this planet to do. I kept standing on the side-walk for quite awhile, gazing at the Sun in awe and joy. I hadn't experienced something like that before, as far as I remembered, even though it did bring back an ancient memory of sorts... Michael is the angel that belongs to the Sun in the Kabbalah. Maybe it has something to do with that.

• Like 1

You might wonder what kind of SF I am talking about.....Yes there are many types.

What I mean when I mention SF,my SF is you don't age,you can travel different time,places and planets.You can walk through the walls and matter things like that.Also higher technology much more sophisticated one than human have ever thought of...

I asked this of Brian and he back heeled it, so I will try again.

<snip>

Quite the contrary,Karl.

I understand that your modus operandi involves such creative interpretations but I offered several textbook definitions which you categorically denied, I offered a parallel, I demonstrated why the question was irrelevant to the thread's topic, and I offered to discuss fields at length in a new thread dedicated to that topic should you be genuinely interested in gaining an understanding. You, on the other hand, confessed that you don't have the requisite understanding of mathematics to follow such a conversation (despite me generally not using mathematics in my explanations) and that you really didn't understand the concepts underlying the college degree in engineering which you faked your way through by memorizing some formulas -- and then you never opened a thread about fields (at least, not that I noticed), presumably because you don't really want to learn about fields when you can just pontificate on topics you don't understand instead.

<shrug>

• Like 2

Quite the contrary,Karl.

I understand that your modus operandi involves such creative interpretations but I offered several textbook definitions which you categorically denied, I offered a parallel, I demonstrated why the question was irrelevant to the thread's topic, and I offered to discuss fields at length in a new thread dedicated to that topic should you be genuinely interested in gaining an understanding. You, on the other hand, confessed that you don't have the requisite understanding of mathematics to follow such a conversation (despite me generally not using mathematics in my explanations) and that you really didn't understand the concepts underlying the college degree in engineering which you faked your way through by memorizing some formulas -- and then you never opened a thread about fields (at least, not that I noticed), presumably because you don't really want to learn about fields when you can just pontificate on topics you don't understand instead.

:-/

That's not what I meant and I do appreciate that you woukd take the time to teach me about such things. However that's the cart before the horse. I'm not a physicist or a scientist. I have a reasonable working knowledge and that's about it. I was wondering about the philosophy that underpins the science and trying to work back to that by finding a definition of 'field'. I did not say the definition was wrong-this isn't a 'test Brian' thing. I thought it possible you could take the definition somewhat beyond that point.

Anyway, I shall open a thread and let's see. Maybe you won't keep getting so bloody arsey with me and have some patience with my vague attempts at trying to grasp something, or not, as the case maybe.

Oh, SF influence me a lot in my life.I know it could be difficult for many people,but I don't care what people say!

have you seen this ?  One of my favourites'

• Like 1

You might wonder what kind of SF I am talking about.....Yes there are many types. What I mean when I mention SF,my SF is you don't age,you can travel different time,places and planets.You can walk through the walls and matter things like that.Also higher technology much more sophisticated one than human have ever thought of...

You're a spirit immortal!!!!!

• Like 1

beautiful music,thank you.I have not seen this movie,I should watch it!

I preferred the 1972 version.

• Like 1

If you are to watch that film, please do yourself a favor and watch the original by Tarokovsky.  The 1972 version.  What an amazing film.  The recent American rehash was a mess of modern hollyweirdisms. 

Incredible concepts handled with mastery and skill. 

His other film Stalker, is my #1 favorite sci-fi film of all time, with only one special effect shot, right at the very end.

Brilliant.

• Like 1

I don't mind special affects in our modern time.What matter most is the story.Is newer vasion so different from older vasion?I mean if the newer movie story is different from the older one?

beautiful music,thank you.I have not seen this movie,I should watch it!

Its very psychologically challenging !   :) 

If you are to watch that film, please do yourself a favor and watch the original by Tarokovsky.  The 1972 version.  What an amazing film.  The recent American rehash was a mess of modern hollyweirdisms. 

Incredible concepts handled with mastery and skill. 

His other film Stalker, is my #1 favorite sci-fi film of all time, with only one special effect shot, right at the very end.

Brilliant.

I share your feelings about Stalker - brilliant, but not for everyone.

Some will remember this famous scene while others may not. Kubrick expressed it well.

• Like 3

Considering most humans develop lower back problems or hunch could be a strong correlation that we are not suitable for the gravity here. Pointing to the theory that we are aliens. 

However the use of chairs could train ourselves to align our back improperly while sitting. 

Our heavily evolved intelligence when compared to everything else on this planet is also a strong factor. 

Some will remember this famous scene while others may not. Kubrick expressed it well.

Yes, I remember it.  Too bad man's evolution had to start out with violence.

• Like 1