Junko

The origin of mankind

You know, you really ruin a lot of the conversations for me that I read around here with all this nasty energy you put off in regards to experiences which you haven't had.

So I thank you for showing me some things I could work on :)

What makes you think I haven't had these same hallucinations ? I most certainly have.

Talked to God, SRM, grass and trees. Got inside people. Visited new universes, met strange creatures that were half male/half female. Lived in a crystal dome as big as a city in which light beings played and danced, been out of my body looking down on it. Oh hell, I've had most of these things at one time or another, but they were just figments of my mind. Even in AYP they were referred to as 'scenery' on the way to enlightenment.

Avoiding reality seems like a good idea, but you can't escape it. If I don't ruin your party, then some other part of reality will do it far more intensely. Better to have someone gently shake you awake than discover a block of flats has collapsed on top of you. I might even bring you a cup of tea once you open your eyes :-)

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Sorry, I thought you were offering that typing these words and that cup of tea you mention might be more "real" then things like telepathy.

Sorry, I thought you were offering that typing these words and that cup of tea you mention might be more "real" then things like telepathy.

There is no telepathy, but, I will have the metaphorical kettle on for when you reach that conclusion your self.

The origins of ignorance.

The lack of conviction to apply the mind by the use of reason and logic to discover the truth. What you do not yet know, you do yet know. What you cannot know, you cannot know. Yet you already have concepts and definitions of concepts. It's possible to make a logical analysis of those conceptual integrations if you choose to. Ignorance is to refuse to engage ones own conceptions and to mark everything you cannot understand as magical. It is evasion and, if there was ever a sin, that would be it.

Buddah did not say to question everything that you are told, but to question everything that you believe. If all you can come up with is magic, myth or some pseudo science with no factual basis then you are refusing to dispel ignorance, you are welcoming it.

• Like 1

We need telepathy to find out the origins of mankind.

Ok, what am I thinking ?

I better remain silent.  My post count is way too high.

Ummmm  .....  saying that wont stop it going up .    :D

• Like 2

Ok, what am I thinking ?

Can I guess ? 

Ummmmmm ........    

what+homer+simpson+is+thinking+2.gif

Edited by Nungali

Can I guess ? 

Ummmmmm ........    

Damn how did you know ! Lightbulb moment ! It's all true why did I ever doubt it :-)

Can I guess ? 

Ummmmmm ........    

May I ask what is on my mind?

Your 'science' isn't even magic, it isn't anything. You say the Sun is conscious and yet this is illogical, as is your assertion consciousness can exist without perception.

I believe I already said that stars do have perception, just not in a way you that makes sense to you.

However you persist in your erroneous delusion because you heard a voice in your head that you believe was the Sun. I can tell you the voice in your head was yours and yours alone.

No, there was no voice, it was a non-verbal communication. But trying to explain this to somebody who hasn't experienced it themselves would be like explaining to somebody born blind what colour is.

You manufactured a perceptual error, there has never been a form of ESP, intrincisism, or divine revelation despite numerous scientific experiments. We can dust that off as false.

I don't mean this to be cruel, I think it's important that you come to terms with the error you have made before it gets compounded leading to something more unpleasant. However, as always, the choice is quite clearly yours.

You are not being cruel, you just make me yawn.

What makes you think I haven't had these same hallucinations ? I most certainly have.

Talked to God, SRM, grass and trees. Got inside people. Visited new universes, met strange creatures that were half male/half female. Lived in a crystal dome as big as a city in which light beings played and danced, been out of my body looking down on it. Oh hell, I've had most of these things at one time or another, but they were just figments of my mind.

Is that what your psychiatrist convinced you of?

Ignorance is to refuse to engage ones own conceptions and to mark everything you cannot understand as magical. It is evasion and, if there was ever a sin, that would be it.

Haha. Origins of ignorance indeed!

Is that what your psychiatrist convinced you of?

I didn't need a shrink, I only needed the the desire to know reality and to shed my fear of it. All that is required is to open the eyes, but the mind tells itself that it is too awful to discover it. Thus the eyes stay closed. First let go of the fear of knowing reality. That's the hardest part.

I wouldn't know and I haven't given much thought to it. There is great irrationality in today's world which tends to substitute emotion for reason. As such, people's values, morals and ethics tend to be corrupted. ...<snip>

I find there to be something of an epidemic in human consciousness now. 

If a person thinks something and has a strong feeling about it, it must then, be true and real.

My life experience has consistently shown me that this is not the case.  Perceptions of sensory information are not exact,  they are interpretations.   Naive Realism is alive and well in our current world, indeed we are rife with its strong and often overpowering scent.

• Like 1

I find there to be something of an epidemic in human consciousness now. 

If a person thinks something and has a strong feeling about it, it must then, be true and real.

My life experience has consistently shown me that this is not the case.  Perceptions of sensory information are not exact,  they are interpretations.   Naive Realism is alive and well in our current world, indeed we are rife with its strong and often overpowering scent.

Perceptions are direct experience, it's the conceptions that arise from those perceptions and the attendant emotional content which is confused. When people get to thinking they are Apples I suppose they will just go and find a branch to hang from.