skydog

Request for greater disciplinary action on More Pie Guy

Not according to the Magus of Java. From what I remember of the book, Chang and most of the people around him all smoked like chimneys.

Now everybody can have their cake and eat it too:

The bagua electric cigarette - no lighter required

• Like 1

Personally, i have seen some really incredible feats performed by silat grandmasters. They do such demos to publicise lineage and recruit students for their particular schools. You could say they must be at least level something or other because what these guys can do quite boggles the mind. Dont ask for details. For those who are curious, catch a flight to Malaysia and look them up... they are easy enough to locate, no mysterious agendas involved.

Ooooh yeah! I got 'cleaned up' by a silat guy once ... in a very interesting and amusing way ... he ran rings around me ^_^

Aha! That's what she keeps slipping off to 'cultivate'

So you can light a cigarette with chi?

I knew there was some point to energetic cultivation!

I would never have learnt perfect pranayama if I wasn't a smoker.

I'm a smoker, I'm a joker.

I get special dispensation.

I shaman.

Oh hi thamosh.

I love thamosh.

yeah e-cigs are great. I used one for a couple months as a replacement for regular cigs, eventually just ran out of the juice and couldnt be bothered replacing it and quit alltogether. They're are literally a win/win.

• Like 1

I can think of someone who needs real disiplinary action on this forum and its not MPG...

JC is no fake...People just fear what they do not understand...

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...at MPG...

Edited by Formless Tao
  • Like 2

Ooooh yeah! I got 'cleaned up' by a silat guy once ... in a very interesting and amusing way ... he ran rings around me ^_^

Count yourself lucky he was in that particular mood... :P:D

• Like 1

All right you miracle workers;

A Monk goes to his teacher; "Master, I was talking to one of the monks from a far Monastery in the village yesterday and he said his Master can walk across water. Please teach me that."

"No."

"Why not? Cant you do that? You are a Master, if you cant teach me that then I will go and find this other Master as he must be superior."

"Goodbye then."

20 years pass. One day the master is sitting out the front of his house by the river and he hears someone yelling, he looks across the river and sees his old student, they wave to each other. Then, slowly and deliberately the student walks towards the river edge, the Master watches with great curiosity. The student steps on to the water and continues across and then walks up to the master and says; "Well! What do you think of that then?"

The master replies, " I think you just spent 20 years learning to do something that most people pay the ferryman a penny for."

But think about how many pennies could be saved if you never had to pay for a stove lighter again?

So you can light a cigarette with chi?

I knew there was some point to energetic cultivation!

Again this makes the assumption that the end goal for practice is learning neat tricks, it isn't.

It's the development of a biological energetic carbon copy of your body to allow you to continue to exist as a human mind past death, as you become more developed the abilities you can manifest become exponentially more impressive, these however are not the end goal, but they also aren't something that can be removed from the equation. It isn't possible to reach this level without developing such abilities.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 3

It's the development of a biological energetic carbon copy of your body to allow you to continue to exist as a human mind past death.

The Tibetans have the tulku system for a similar reason (political greed aside).

• Like 1

The following videos show people whose in the videos demonstrated Chi-Powers show that they are REAL Chi masters!

People who have not mastered Chi to such a degree that they can demonstrate such effects on dead matter are NOT real Chi masters and have no right to claim such!

Bottom line! B)

[...]

Another REAL Chi Master:

Again this makes the assumption that the end goal for practice is learning neat tricks, it isn't.

It's the development of a biological energetic carbon copy of your body to allow you to continue to exist as a human mind past death, as you become more developed the abilities you can manifest become exponentially more impressive, these however are not the end goal, but they also aren't something that can be removed from the equation. It isn't possible to reach this level without developing such abilities.

Nobody is assuming anything, but the reality is that MP is effectively a closed lineage. Whatever it is or isn't about, their methods are inaccessible. It's interesting, and theoretically relevant, but in practical terms, it's entirely inconsequential.

Nobody is assuming anything, but the reality is that MP is effectively a closed lineage. Whatever it is or isn't about, their methods are inaccessible. It's interesting, and theoretically relevant, but in practical terms, it's entirely inconsequential.

Even if we only have information to 2b, that's still better than nothing. Again I would rather have the first 2 levels of a real system, than a complete but fake system.

Completing what we have been given in earnest is the only way new doors are going to be opened for us.

Rather than view it as a dead end, think of it as a great beginning.

There is more than enough to last a person trying to live a normal western lifestyle 5-10 years.

Even if we only have information to 2b, that's still better than nothing. Again I would rather have the first 2 levels of a real system, than a complete but fake system.

Completing what we have been given in earnest is the only way new doors are going to be opened for us.

Rather than view it as a dead end, think of it as a great beginning.

There is more than enough to last a person trying to live a normal western lifestyle 5-10 years.

But even that is restricted to closed circles. Putting aside the meaning and practical application of those early levels, and what they do or don't do compared to other systems, and the question of later progressive stages, the reality is that in effective terms they don't exist for 99.9% of people involved in energetic practices.

But even that is restricted to closed circles. Putting aside the meaning and practical application of those early levels, and what they do or don't do compared to other systems, and the question of later progressive stages, the reality is that in effective terms they don't exist for 99.9% of people involved in energetic practices.

We have different definitions of "closed" seeing as it's been posted on about 1000 different forums and torrent sites.

What we do have is a poor signal to noise ratio with lots of people screaming and running around like decapitated chickens spreading false training information, which makes finding real information very difficult.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Count yourself lucky he was in that particular mood... :P:D

It was a 'friendly' - and we bowed first - he 'taught' me a great technique which I was able to use years later - much to my 'delight' - ;) < bows to silat guy ... wherever he is now>

Good weapons system too !

Good weapons system too !

I know. Growing up, we had a gardener come in every few days to help mother tend to her plants and do other bits around the garden. Kadir was his name. I loved Kadir as a little kid because he would sometimes indulge my childish curiousities by putting me up on the back of his big bicycle and took me to the orchards to pick fruits, catch frogs, and watch the eels in the streams nearby. Kadir worked with us for many many years, and was very devoted to his craft. Of course i could not see this then.

Only later, in my teenage years, did i realise this humble, soft-spoken 'Tender of gardens' was also a silat master. I remember visiting his house on stilts and jaw-dropping at his collection of keris'. He did show me once or twice the formidability of such a weapon, and why they are revered in such a way as to almost breathe life into them, that a particular keris would almost direct the wielder when applied, and not the other way round.

• Like 6

I know. Growing up, we had a gardener come in every few days to help mother tend to her plants and do other bits around the garden. Kadir was his name. I loved Kadir as a little kid because he would sometimes indulge my childish curiousities by putting me up on the back of his big bicycle and took me to the orchards to pick fruits, catch frogs, and watch the eels in the streams nearby. Kadir worked with us for many many years, and was very devoted to his craft. Of course i could not see this then.

Only later, in my teenage years, did i realise this humble, soft-spoken 'Tender of gardens' was also a silat master. I remember visiting his house on stilts and jaw-dropping at his collection of keris'. He did show me once or twice the formidability of such a weapon, and why they are revered in such a way as to almost breathe life into them, that a particular keris would almost direct the wielder when applied, and not the other way round.

I had someone offer to trade me a keris once, for many years of teaching, apparently those things are pretty expensive!

(guy wasn't meant to be taught so I didn't go for it)

Same general area, but this is more the type I prefer :)

C91-19th-Century-Borneo-Dyak-Mandau-Head

That song above may have gone better with this image....

Yep ... if there is one thing we are all in agreement with it is our ability to discern 'truth'

It is midday here, Christmas Eve (just past summer solstice) and I am surrounded by thick cool fog). So what, you may ask?

.... dunno <shrug>

Hey CT! You lucky one you! That old guy you spoke of ... awesome. When we are growing up we all need someone like that who isn't our parents and does certain things for us to make for a good psychological upbringing (like the traditional 'special Uncle') , a thing which, in our western culture, sadly , is disappearing (so we replace them with iconic / comic super-hero feature films ) .

I have this old Dan Inasanto Philipino weapons book ( from market stall $2 - when I got it home I realised it was signed by Dan ) the front has a section on the old 'masters; and a story of how, when the neighbourhood testosterone would get out of hand they would go for a walk at night with their arnis/walking stick and 'Give those naughty boys a smack and send them back to their mothers."

These were not teens on skateboards by the way, they were young men in street gangs with knives - I seen some of them ... <crosses to other side of street> I have also seen some of these old masters do drills with live knives with the 'reformed' street kid students; Old master and knife-scarred face v.nasty looking gangster type - master smiling, relaxed flowing, student super-concentrating. dril starts slow, picks up speed until its a blur ... then they stop . Me: huh? But then I notice it is because old guy has the knife point on the others throat, against his femoral artery or eyeball ... student sighs rolls his eyes, start afain - same result ... about 6 times in about a minute - awe-some-and-some-more.

Where are the Uncles ! I want one too ! and I am old enough to be one

edit; HA! just realised I am totally on the thread topic; A request for more discipline.

Hmmm ... another thought:

MPG ! I knew a guy bought up in New Guinea ( can be a v.hard arse place! ! ) ... he ran amok a bit and his family made him go and see this traditional Uncle back home in the village.

He wasn't a martial artists but this guy put the wind so up the 'young un ' that he told me that was what reformed him - he had been good for years as he didn't want to face him again.

I wanted to know what he did but he said it was 'magic shit' and he didn't like that stuff and didn't want to talk about it ... I coaxed him a bit and he said that when he turned up Uncle was on the verandah, he came up the path and uncle stood up and wagged his finger at him, naughty, then he saw like a rainbow between his hands and threw something at him and it made him fall over, but he couldn't tell what it was . That's all he told me but he said he had to stay there with him for 3 days.

So ........

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Shit! Another realisation (hey dudes this thread is enlightened ! :D )

I have done it myself! In a way. Had the kid on the ground as no one there could deal with it even his dad.

he ended up having some sort of convulsive fit / exorcism ... crud coming out his nose and mouth and everything. I had my hands firmly and gently holding him there, and holding him down (as he had gone rampant) and just let him go through it. I guess from the outside view I was doing something to him through my hands (it was just a bit of 'Ki extension' to hold him there ... like a 'shuto' ... the knife edge of my hands.

Then he shuddered and slumped and instantly I hands off and up ... and I did a bit of a shake while hands were up there to release a bit of energy ... but now I think about it, If I had seen the same thing , all of what happened unfold, it would have looked pretty strange.

Anyway, he laid there a bit, staggered up looked dazzed and stoned and wandered off, later I realised he was playing with the other kids nice and then he helped a little girl up that couldn't reach the table :)

A few years latter he was mowing my lawn for me and asking if I needed my fire wood chopped !

Last I heard I think he is going into the army.

It might surprise some but I DO think there is a lot more that goes on in life than I can logically, rationally or 'scientifically' explain.