skydog

Request for greater disciplinary action on More Pie Guy

I don't think you are being completely fair to him, have you read these:

Walk a few miles in those shoes and see if you remain sane. Somehow or other he did. I have more that I would like to say about this, but I wanted to put these up first. Whether or not I will say more depends on time and other things.

I don't think you are being completely fair to him, have you read these

Actually I have read those post before. I did experiment with brainwave entrainment method, gamma waves or whatnot.

Most of these are symptom of body disassociation. Which could be a precursor leading to different consciousness state, and oobe. And yes, you can experience them even while doing active everyday waking state.

All those symptom do not need cultivation practice, as I have experience most of them, eventhough I never practice anything at that time.

I think most here do not understand that it's not that people disrespect or care if TG practice or not. It is how threads are derailed, and distracted. Putting him on ignore doesn't solve the problem. By the time someone read his post, those very someone are already distracted from posting relevant info. And end up replying to TG which is usually of topic. Topic totally derailed. Even those who have lots of experience, and genuinely, unvaguely helpful are not safe from being derailed.

Such is the power of TG. He even have the power to chase qogong master and high level practitioner.

Haha. I hope you guys get my point.

Just to reiterate, there are genuinely capable people, that are being helpful without being vague. That are capable people who are being vague. And there are genuine incapable people who are being vague.

• Like 1

I want to concentrate on and organize on a few data points here. First MPG/TG is a relatively young man, judging by his posts, late twenties to early thirties. That puts these events around a decade ago, when, if I am right, he would have been in his late teens or early twenties. Imagine at that age going from this:

I used to live in a nice cozy predictable, scientific, rational and understandable world where nothing we would "call" supernatural exists. (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

To this:

I was out of commission for months and lost my job as a result.

By way of this:

I experienced having more than one body in more than one reality. It was literally like being a Quan Am buddha (the one with a thousand arms).

Time as I experienced was not linear and sequential but rather solid and physical and whole and all encompassing. At each moment it branched off into other realities exactly as the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics suggests, each of which were just as real this one.

And this:

. . . one of the most physically painful experiences I can remember, being ripped in half by a bunch of beings while tripping out, puking and pissing myself, because I couldn't move my legs to get to a bathroom, as each leg was in a different layer of a different reality. There is a lot more but it was worse than any drug trip I've ever read about in my life.

A series of events characterized as:

It was one of the most terrifying experiences in my life . . . (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

At that age.

But wait there is more:

I probably would have written it off as a psychotic reaction, but I wasn't the only one it affected, the friend whom it most affected is now dead (that may be only coincidence)

I will quote him

"Man it was like reality was an onion and the layers were pealing back, I had no idea what was going on."

He wasn't on any drugs.

But lots of real life events that make no sense happened during this time frame to the point people in my life were freaking out, and not because of me but things that were happening to them.

When my brain came back together from this experience I realized I wasn't the only one whom it affected. (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

I probably would have written it off as a psychotic reaction, but I wasn't the only one it affected, the friend whom it most affected is now dead (that may be only coincidence): Let's add possible 'survivors guilt' to the mix.

When my brain came back together from this experience I realized I wasn't the only one whom it affected; Is that a part of the reason for this:

Make sure to tell your friends and family and room mates what you are attempting if you try it, so they know to tell you to stop if they feel like it is negatively affecting you.

Watch for sleep disturbances, I didn't sleep for a week+ because of it, realizations and information was pouring out of me faster than I could write it down, every moment was an epiphany.

Stop if you get to the point you can't sleep, and make sure you are away from people if things start to get weird.

It took weeks of meditation to get to that point, so it isn't an overnight thing. I wouldn't do it every night, maybe three times a week max, for no more than an hour.

I highly advise against it even with those precautions. (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

What kind of a burden is MPG/TG really carrying?

I think Owledge's post is telling. In regard to this warning:

It isn't something you are going to want to mess around with.

Owledge replied:

Don't worry. It is. wink.gif

EDIT: I'm less foolish now. Definitely isn't. (edited 6/14/2012, ZYD)

It took Owledge less than three months to agree with MPG/TG

There is more to this, but now I will mention two interesting and important lives that bear on this, one is that of Houston Smith, who had one experience with LSD which transformed his life for the better because he was perfectly prepared for it and the other is Richard Alpert/Ram Dass, who had hundreds of experiences with LSD, but could not integrate it until he found a Guru who did not seem to be affect by it at all. This met a truckload of needs that Alpert/Ram Dass had, many of them unconscious, that Alpert needed to have satisfied before he could assimilate his experiences and move on. Alpert was a textbook case of what I call 'Closet Cartesianism', at term which regrettably I don't have time to expand on right now, but will.

Now I hope that organizing part of my original quote in this way has clarified some of what I believe is going on here. More if I can.

Edit: Changed Closet Cartesianism' to 'Closet Cartesianism'

Edited by Zhongyongdaoist
  • Like 3

Actually I have read those post before. I did experiment with brainwave entrainment method, gamma waves or whatnot. Most of these are symptom of body disassociation. Which could be a precursor leading to different consciousness state, and oobe. And yes, you can experience them even while doing active everyday waking state. All those symptom do not need cultivation practice, as I have experience most of them, eventhough I never practice anything at that time. I think most here do not understand that it's not that people disrespect or care if TG practice or not. It is how threads are derailed, and distracted. Putting him on ignore doesn't solve the problem. By the time someone read his post, those very someone are already distracted from posting relevant info. And end up replying to TG which is usually of topic. Topic totally derailed. Even those who have lots of experience, and genuinely, unvaguely helpful are not safe from being derailed. Such is the power of TG. He even have the power to chase qogong master and high level practitioner. Haha. I hope you guys get my point. Just to reiterate, there are genuinely capable people, that are being helpful without being vague. That are capable people who are being vague. And there are genuine incapable people who are being vague.

Tendou,

Thank you for your clarification. I prepared my second post here before seeing yours and went ahead and posted it because it starts to build the context in which I believe those quotes should be taken.

To clarify, I am not opposed to even banning MPG/TG if his behavior doesn't improve and yes I know how annoying this type of thing can be, also I know that MPG/TG would undoubtedly dismiss most if not all of what I do. Oh well, that is his loss,not mine.

• Like 1

Thunder_Gooch asked me to post his following statement here:

No policy or rule was broken at all. No one was personally insulted.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33844-what-has-taobums-taught-you/page-2#entry529170

This post was not aimed at any member of the TTB community, nor at the community in general.

Appreciated, particularly the latter statement.

The moderation team (myself included) make rulings on how things look at the time, and that doesn't always match how the post/s was actually intended. That's difficult territory to navigate. We don't always garuntee (sp?) that our rulings are always precisely just: we do our best and call them as we see them, like referees in any sport. And, really, members should take it like a referee call: there's a little room for debate sometimes, but not much. If people got into a huge debate every time there was a minor penalty call... well, it's just not how things roll along. There were other post/s involved in this decision and, honestly I'm in a rush today and don't have time/energy to post an exhaustive description. The team went over this (as with most rulings) more extensively than members might imagine from the outside and I'm not willing to spend exhaustive staff energy over a small thing like this. (I've become more and more protective of *volunteer* staff energy, want to keep things efficient.. I've not always been good at that.) I don't consider two weeks off from a discussion forum to be any where near any kind of harsh sentence (often I think of it as an opportunity to take a small vacation, sunshine, fresh air etc).

- Trunk

• Like 3

mo yinmo moneym

o money yehaaaaaaa mo money mo money

yeeh

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

I want to concentrate on and organize on a few data points here. First MPG/TG is a relatively young man, judging by his posts, late twenties to early thirties. That puts these events around a decade ago, when, if I am right, he would have been in his late teens or early twenties. Imagine at that age going from this:

To this:

By way of this:

And this:

A series of events characterized as:

At that age.

But wait there is more:

I probably would have written it off as a psychotic reaction, but I wasn't the only one it affected, the friend whom it most affected is now dead (that may be only coincidence): Let's add possible 'survivors guilt' to the mix.

When my brain came back together from this experience I realized I wasn't the only one whom it affected; Is that a part of the reason for this:

What kind of a burden is MPG/TG really carrying?

I think Owledge's post is telling. In regard to this warning:

Owledge replied:

It took Owledge less than three months to agree with MPG/TG

There is more to this, but now I will mention two interesting and important lives that bear on this, one is that of Houston Smith, who had one experience with LSD which transformed his life for the better because he was perfectly prepared for it and the other is Richard Alpert/Ram Dass, who had hundreds of experiences with LSD, but could not integrate it until he found a Guru who did not seem to be affect by it at all. This met a truckload of needs that Alpert/Ram Dass had, many of them unconscious, that Alpert needed to have satisfied before he could assimilate his experiences and move on. Alpert was a textbook case of what I call Closet Cartesianism', at term which regrettably I don't have time to expand on right now, but will.

Now I hope that organizing part of my original quote in this way has clarified some of what I believe is going on here. More if I can.

Zhongyongdaoist, is there anything you would recommend for someone who has had such intense experiences so suddenly/all at once, to come to peace with it / integrate it?

yeah, listen to the owl :lol:

INTP%20Vejo%20mundo%20Gota.png

darn I can relate to too many of these :lol:

intp-y-u-no-speak-normally.jpg

ca63cbfaf47e637fdcef2c10cd4db508.jpg

tumblr_m9w1u4FKAr1rfult8o1_500.jpg

intp.jpg?w=300&h=180

tumblr_ln9yoeP3sf1qkzx40o1_500.jpg

tumblr_loerrxLcnV1qkzx40o1_500.jpg

and I should have found this one when modding mpg

8b1bd1a2957652ee2548b30566689a7c.jpg

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 3

Hmmm, I'm ENFP.

I just took an online version of the test and it said that's what I am too.

I was skeptical until I did a google image search for ENFP and saw this:

enfp_motivational_poster_by_connman8d.jp

I wouldn't trust an online test, get it done properly (if you are really curious).

Exactly. Persons should exercise caution when it comes to self diagnosis. Can be an excuse to act out.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Me too. :) I've taken the test multiple times and my results always come out as very heavily INTP (particularily on the INT part). Managing my Fe weak point has gotten easier over time (much of which I credit to qigong and KAP practice), but I still get blindsided by it from time to time, especially when it comes to close personal relationships where I let my guard down.

intp.jpg?w=300&h=180

Edited by Enishi

My curiosity was only strong enough to motivate me to take an online test. I can't really see how knowing your Myers Briggs personality type is any more useful than knowing your astrological sign.

• Like 2

The initial descriptions can seem generalized, but the more indepth articles and discussion forums have had a lot of spot on info for me that was quite helpful with problems I've been having over the past several years.

Here's one example in my case:

http://personalitycafe.com/intp-articles/76783-recognizing-inferior-function-intp.html

Edited by Enishi

My curiosity was only strong enough to motivate me to take an online test. I can't really see how knowing your Myers Briggs personality type is any more useful than knowing your astrological sign.

People love to categorize and be categorized which leads to limitations or acting out a belief that is not real.

• Like 3

People love to categorize and be categorized which leads to limitations or acting out a belief that is not real.

Yes, like labelling libertarians and right-wingers as racist/misogynist FASCISTS. :ph34r:

Edited by Enishi
  • Like 1

I thought this was interesting too:

http://www.knowyourtype.com/myers-briggs-percentages/

Myers Briggs Percentages

The chart below shows the complete Myers Briggs Type Table along with the percentages of each Type in the general population. Below each MBTI Type is a percentage of males, females and a total over the same size. The Type ISTJ for example shows 16.4% of males are this Type, and 6.9% of females are this Type. Overall 11.6% of the population is this Type.

Myers Briggs Percentages by Type

Key: M: Males F: Females T: Total Percentage

ISTJ
M: 16.4%
F: 6.9%
T: 11.6%

ISFJ
M: 8.1%
F: 19.4%
T: 13.8%

INFJ
M: 1.3%
F: 1.6%
T: 1.46%

INTJ
M:
3.3%
F: 0.8%
T: 2.1%

ISTP
M: 8.5%
F: 2.4%
T: 5.4%

ISFP
M: 7.6%
F: 9.9%
T: 8.8%

INFP
M: 4.1%
F: 4.6%
T: 4.4%

INTP
M: 4.8%
F: 1.8%
T: 3.3%

ESTP
M: 5.6%
F: 3.0%
T: 4.3%

ESFP
M: 6.9%
F: 10.1%
T: 8.5%

ENFP
M: 6.4%
F: 9.7%
T: 8.1%

ENTP
M: 4.0%
F: 2.4%
T: 3.2%

ESTJ
M: 11.2%
F: 6.3%
T: 8.7%

ESFJ
M: 7.5%
F: 16.9%
T: 12.3%

ENFJ
M: 1.6%
F: 3.3%
T: 2.5%

ENTJ
M:
2.7%
F: 0.9%
T: 1.8%

Summation on the Myers Briggs Percentages shown above.
The least represented Type in the sample was INFJ at 1.46%. The most represented Type was ISFJ at 13.8%. For males the highest reported Type was ISTJ at 16.4% of the sample while the highest Type for women was ESFJ at 16.9%.
Edited by Enishi

ditto, and every time, same intp. I dont place myself into boxes, but notice boxes have been drawn that encompass certain aspects of traits I have. doesnt help me much, but it might make sense for someone else to know why they feel like they're talking to some technical curiosity.

Zhongyongdaoist, is there anything you would recommend for someone who has had such intense experiences so suddenly/all at once, to come to peace with it / integrate it?

Regrettably I don't see an easy answer, especially if you are talking about someone trying to work through it alone. If you are talking about a counseling situation, that is different, and if you know magic (nod, nod, wink, wink), that is even more different, but in any case a lot depends on who they were before the experience, that is why I concluded with this:

There is more to this, but now I will mention two interesting and important lives that bear on this, one is that of Houston Smith, who had one experience with LSD which transformed his life for the better because he was perfectly prepared for it and the other is Richard Alpert/Ram Dass, who had hundreds of experiences with LSD, but could not integrate it until he found a Guru who did not seem to be affect by it at all. This met a truckload of needs that Alpert/Ram Dass had, many of them unconscious, that Alpert needed to have satisfied before he could assimilate his experiences and move on. Alpert was a textbook case of what I call Closet Cartesianism', at term which regrettably I don't have time to expand on right now, but will.

Very pressed for time now, but will try to post more.

• Like 2

For TG its not just a practice its a religion, and he's a convert fundamentalist, which means twice the zealotry and three times more to prove. Not following or giving obeisance to it is an insult. Often his worst criticism are those who follow a different path of Mo Pai. Those people seem to get even more wraith then those who don't think its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Worse, its an art that says Sorry Whitey, for reasons of genetics and maturity we won't teach you. That in itself might twist someones head around, when they love something that says, you're not good enough to be taught, cause your white or Western.

• Like 6

FWIW, the MBTI is not to be used as a diagnostic or for hiring purposes but can be VERY helpful in understanding team dynamics in the workplace.

I am INTP as well, which is very unusual in executive management, often making me "odd man out" (among other reasons...) but also tends to make me something of the canary in a coal mine on a leadership team.

yeah, listen to the owl :lol:

INTP%20Vejo%20mundo%20Gota.png

intp.jpg?w=300&h=180

" i close the blinds not because i care if people see me, i just dont want to see people"

i laughed not because it's funny, but because i agree.......

• Like 1