skydog

Request for greater disciplinary action on More Pie Guy

~~~ admin statement ~~~

Banned Thunder_Gooch.

~~~ /out ~~~

~ edit ~
I'm quoting the ban post from the other thread below, as it was in a private discussion section and so perhaps not available for TG to read from banned status:

~~~ admin statement ~~~

Thank you, Dawei, for your post #24 immediately above.

Quoting TG:

when I get back

... and they have a real reply waiting on my forum at (insert forum link here)

now if the staff wants to make up some ********* rule
why I can't do this

then they need to go ahead and just ban me
and save us all the trouble and grey hair

and yes
my forum is going to tell people they are retarded *********
and that I've seen ********* with higher IQ's
etc

I don't have to make up a new rule. This rule (at the bottom of TTBs 3 Foundations document) was already written as a catch-all for unforeseen situations (as they often come up, we've found that we can't pre-imagine everything):

>

The staff (admins, moderators) also deserve and have protection against uncivility and against abuse of staff resources. Staff protection is enforced at the discretion of the admin. The admin also has broad discretion to protect the civility and resources of any aspect within TTBs e-community.

Thank you for the heads-up that trouble is on the way; I'll take the opportunity to avert it. What TG is proposing is harassment of the community and wasting of staff resources. I usually would give zero official concern to what people say on other forums and I'm not making this any kind of general rule, but in this specific case I take exception.
Invitation accepted: Thunder_Gooch is banned.

Listen people: If you can't gracefully roll with a mere two weeks away from an internet forum... well, I don't know what. Go out and get some sunshine more often.

- Trunk

p.s.
Part of this is the repeated circumvention of suspension by posting through other members.

~~~ /admin out ~~~

• Like 4

For TG its not just a practice its a religion, and he's a convert fundamentalist, which means twice the zealotry and three times more to prove. Not following or giving obeisance to it is an insult. Often his worst criticism are those who follow a different path of Mo Pai. Those people seem to get even more wraith then those who don't think its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Excuse me, but this statement looks pretty biased and like a personal attack to me!

As a mod, such things should be avoided at all cost!

Worse, its an art that says Sorry Whitey, for reasons of genetics and maturity we won't teach you. That in itself might twist someones head around, when they love something that says, you're not good enough to be taught, cause your white or Western.

All chinese schools I know of are like this.

These politics most likely go back to the Boxer rebellion.

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

I would say fundamentalist is a pretty accurate description. All fundamentalists say that their way is the only way and all others are wrong and worthless, although perhaps he gave 0.0000001% more leeway than others.

• Like 1

I would say fundamentalist is a pretty accurate description. All fundamentalists say that their way is the only way and all others are wrong and worthless, although perhaps he gave 0.0000001% more leeway than others.

So a scientist who defines the properties of gravity in a specific way on the base of decades of scientific study (of other scientists before him) and disagrees with a hippie who defines gravity in another way according to his personal belief, is he a fundamentalist too?

So a scientist who defines the properties of gravity in a specific way on the base of decades of scientific study (of other scientists before him) and disagrees with a hippie who defines gravity in another way according to his personal belief, is he a fundamentalist too?

That's a really nice example of a straw man built into a loaded question, Dorian.

Your analogy assumes too much. Where are the decades of scientific study proving that yin chi can only be collected during grounded meditation? Where are the decades of scientific study proving any claims made by Mo Pai practitioners about their results?

All I've seen were some blurry youtube videos and a lot of anecdotal evidence.

• Like 3

All I've seen were some blurry youtube videos and a lot of anecdotal evidence.

"Some blurry youtube videos"? :lol:

Well, if you choose to interpret the evidence like that and ignore data (the scientists doing the testing for example) to be able to not question your "Qigong" system that you are following, that's YOUR choice!

I'm not good & idealistic M_P_G who tried to save your asses with force!

I see the situation more like Kostas does...

Edit: grammar

Edited by Dorian Black

Well, if you choose to interpret the evidence like that and ignore data (the scientists doing the testing for example) to be able to not question your "Qigong" system that you are following, that's YOUR choice!

Me too

51KM3khnbNL._SY300_.jpg

Me too

51KM3khnbNL._SY300_.jpg

Is that a tactic to try to suppress the logical thinking of the participants of the thread with artificial humor...?

Cheap!

Edited by Dorian Black

Is that a tactic to try to suppress the logical thinking of the participants of the thread with artificial humor...?

Cheap!

yep that's me ... cheap.

• Like 1

im not sure whether the last few pages of this thread are funnier or the one in the main forum about i want a diploma

TG nee MPG is no scientist...
  • Like 1

Just because a scientist was in the room when the video was being made, doesn't automatically make it "scientific evidence."

That's like saying, "Well, there was this scientist at David Copperfield's show last night and he couldn't explain how he made that elephant disappear, so that's scientific evidence that David Copperfield can make shit disappear!"

The video might be compelling and perhaps even convincing, but to call it scientific is a step too far.

• Like 2

Dude was banned, he also can't reply and speak up for himself, the horse that is being flogged is dead 10 times over.... how about we drop this? There has been 15 pages of getting frustrations out, that is plenty.

• Like 2