Enlightened movies

Alice in Wonderland

Thor : Dark World

Dr. Strange

Nightmare before Christmas

Guardians of the Galaxy

Infinity War

Edited by zerostao

Last night in NITV  (indigenous channel) 'Lion'   ... WOW !  What a story and a great movie .

Lion-the-movie-Saroo-1080x675.jpg

A five year old boy travels from a small  rural village  with his elder brother in India, but they get separated and he falls  asleep on an empty train parked at a station. He wakes up and the train is in motion, still empty and he is locked in, for two days.  He ends up in  a far away part of India, Calcutta,   he doesn't speak their language, so remains lost. He becomes a street kid, eventually ends up in an orphanage. They ask what  village he is from but cannot find it (as he mispronounced it)  They ask what his mothers name is and he says 'Mom'.  Eventually he gets adopted, comes to Australia and lives there. As a young man he starts exploring google earth, trains, train speeds back then, a whole lot of stuff and calculations, but to little avail. Eventually, he recognises something on google earth,  traces it all back and finds his village.  He returns and finds his mother and sister  after being lost for 25 years .

Great film , amazing true story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_(2016_film)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 5

The tv series ‘The mentalist’ is a pointer... though neither a film, nor metaphysical 

2 minutes ago, rkc said:

The tv series ‘The mentalist’ is a pointer... though neither a film, nor metaphysical 

If you like Simon Baker (and who doesn't, right?) then check out a series called "The Guardian" from 2000-2002. In my opinion that is among the best television content ever produced.

7 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

If you like Simon Baker (and who doesn't, right?) then check out a series called "The Guardian" from 2000-2002. In my opinion that is among the best television content ever produced.

Did try... couldn’t find it in my part of the world. 

3 hours ago, anshino23 said:

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring is absolutely incredible. Highly recommended. 

I so agree!  Highly recommended.

This film is stunningly well crafted in story, acting and photography and sound... and resonates long after viewing.

A simple, beautiful story, told with subtle, artful grace. 

• Like 1