zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

enjoyed the video of the cat pawing at the screen.

l like how it would interrupt with occasional back paw cleaning.

someone once posted a video some time ago that was really cute because it was so true on animal behavior..

it was of a dog and it was growling about its own back leg.....not realizing it was his own leg...

humor is great.

I remember once years ago hiking for days and long drive to get to home from backpacking trip laughing so much with this young military police who went on the trip. I cannot remember what was so funny but I laughed the most I had ever laughed before.

I like good laughs-

sweet cat too.

animals are real characters at times.

• Like 4

Interviewer: So what do you have planned for the future? 

Me: Lunch

Interviewer: No, like long term? 

Me: Oh.. (awkward pause) ...dinner? 

• Like 7

The image is funny, but I have no idea what the text means. It looks sort of Russian, sort of gibberish.

Yeah, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. <_<

On top it says, Young and Wise

On the bottom, a play on two proverbs stringed together into a syllogism of sorts -- "knowledge is strength" and "got strength,  don't need brains." 

• Like 1

The meaning of "got strength, don't need brains" in the original is sarcastic, it is used in situations when, e.g., someone breaks something by trying to open it or fix it. 

I was thinking just recently that all the arguing on this site and elsewhere about this or that "correct" translation is pointless.  Even the context doesn't necessarily help.  What helps is familiarity with situational use.  And that's oral transmissions. 

Does the Bible really teach the believers that "money is the answer to everything?" (Ecclesiastes 10:19)  Does Laozi really mean what he says verbatim, "Tao can be told, tao is not eternal?"  (Chapter 1)

• Like 5

How much information / meaning is conveyed by tone, posture, gestures, facial expression etc.

I often think in situational terms, ethics, behavior is predicated on so much...

• Like 2

Oh, No!  Brain is required.

I totally read this as Brian the first time I skimmed the post!

:lol:

• Like 6

I totally read this as Brian the first time I skimmed the post!

:lol:

Yeah, but then we need Brian too.  Without his physics the world would fall apart.

• Like 2

What made me laugh ?   

That joke about the Asian albino Siamese twins joined at the hip that went  to a Demis Roussos concert .    :) 

Yeah, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. <_<

On top it says, Young and Wise

On the bottom, a play on two proverbs stringed together into a syllogism of sorts -- "knowledge is strength" and "got strength,  don't need brains."

Is it legal to have brains as well as strength?

• Like 1

post-113890-0-87471700-1489461387_thumb.jpg

Kellyanne never needs to be near a live mic again, but this is hilarious!!!

• Like 4

Hubby & I were swapping funny drunk antics from our past, he said:

"I wanted to go skinny dipping, so I took off all my clothes, put on my mask & flippers, & walked two blocks to the lake..."

:D :D

• Like 3

After returning from their first ever holiday to England, an Indian man from Bangalore asked his wife, "Do I look like a foreigner, dear?" "Certainly not, Jayanthi! Why this strange question?" 

"Oh, i am finding it strange too. When I was waiting for you at the shoe shop on Oxford Street, this kid walked up to me and asked if I was a foreigner." 

• Like 4

A lady buys a new car for her husband and hires a new driver. At the end of the first day, the man complains to his wife.

“Fire this driver! He had me nearly killed three times in just one day!”

“Don’t be so hasty, honey,” the wife replies calmly. “Give him another chance!”

Came across this on a topic discussing destiny vs free will.

• Like 4