Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

4,554 posts in this topic

Hi, i have another question. Why is it when i do mindfulness meditation, seated with my right hand  in my left palm, do i sometimes feel more flying phoenix chi than when i am actually doing the flying phoenix meditations?

I remember it being mentioned that a reserve is built up, in the dan tien? Is that reserve finite? Also am i more attuned to the chi and tapping into it outside of my built up reserve?

Thank you.

1 person thanks this

On 16/12/2017 at 10:55 PM, SandroFV said:

(English is not my primary language. I am Brazilian, can understand well written english, but to write can be a different matter and I almost never need write in english. So I don’t know how clear is my written English, so I ask you some patience if my sentences seems a little “weird” to you.)

...................................................................................................................................

..................................................................................................................................

Hello!

I am a new member, I know this forum there some years but only today I decided register me.

I have some doubts about the Flying Phoenix guidelines. I practiced DVD1+DVD2 daily for six months, but I became confused about what to do with the DVD3 and DVD4.Some time after begin to learn DVD3 I gave up. I am returning to practice since one month ago and would like to solve this 'mysteries', before arrive again in the point where they become  a problem.

I tried obtain some direct explanations by email maybe three times, but taichimania never replied, so I will try obtain the answers here.

This topic is great but is so long that even if I try research, I found pages and pages and in none of them I found the direct reply to the points that I am looking for. So excuse me if I am asking a repeated question.

In the Training schedule ( http://www.taichimania.com/trainingschedule.html ), point 7, says:

1) This means what exactly?

----a)- Should I  abandon the practice of the first group 3 standing and 3 seated meditation to replace them for the next group?

----b)- Or should I continue doing them and only add the new meditations, and the GOAL would be  practicing DVD1+DVD2+DVD3  daily?

Maybe you think that item 8 clears this, but not:

2) I can not understand if this “until you have practiced” means:

---a)-“until you are practicing all of them daily”

---b)-or “ until you have some past experience in all of them”

I ask this because you suggest that “some past experience” is enough to we can reduce the total time of practice. The item 9 suggest that some exercises will be abandoned in some point:

3) So I will practice only two of eleven ( 1 standing and 1 seated)  and remain without to practice all the others nine exercises for six months?

And in 10 you says:

4) It means:

-----a)-after I left behind the practice of those 9 exercises I go back and pick two o them? But if they have some utility why they should be abandoned for so long time? I will not lose their effects for not practice for 6 months? Won't be better practice all of them daily?

-----b)-I should continue this cycle (pick two, practice 6monhs, scale back them to once a week, pick other two, practice 6 months, scale back to once  week, pick another two.....until make the same all 5 standind+6 seated? Or only with the two stronger effect exercises of each group?

5) And about those two moving meditations of DVD3? They can be abandoned too? Or I should  pick one of them so?  

Like so: - 1 favorite exercise from DVD1 + 1 favorite exercise from DVD2+ all DVD3

Here seems there is some confusion:

6) The DVD3 have two moving meditations, none of them is it. I suppose that you make a mistake, should be written "Volume four"?

So, If I was able to understand something, I suppose that:

7) When I begin to learn the DVD4, I should be training daily:

------a)1 from DVD1+1 form DVD2+ 1 from DVD3 AND Maybe practicing a “second best exercise” only once a week?

or

------b)-1 from DVD1+1 from DVD2+  DVD3 complete AND Maybe practicing a “second best exercise” only once a week? ?

8) AFTER learn DVD4 should I abandon completely the practice of the DVDs 1,2,3 ? Or should continue practicing them once a week?

9) The next DVDs are “extras” to the main system? I suppose that the DVD5 don’t replace a practice of the DVD4, right? Nor DVD7 replace DVD2?

10)By the explanations it seems that the correct steup training schedule  to the DVD1+DVD2 should be  like this, but I don1t know where put the two meditations of the DVD3:

DVD 1- 5 standing meditations*             ----DVD 2 - 6 seated meditations

ITEM FROM TRAINING SHCEDULE

FIRST CYCLE

FIRST
2 WEEKS

SECOND
2 WEEKS

THIRD
2 WEEKS

LAST
8 WEEKS

3-6

STANDING

EXERCISE

EXERCISE
#1 + #2

EXERCISE
#1 + #2 + #3

EXERCISE
#1 + #2 + #3

SEATED

EXERCISE

EXERCISE
#1 +

EXERCISE
#1 + #2 + #3

EXERCISE
#1 + #2 + #3

7-8

SECOND CYCLE

15-16TH WEEKS

17-18TH
2 WEEKS

19-20
2 WEEKS

LAST
8 WEEKS

STANDING

EXERCISE

EXERCISE
#4 + #5

EXERCISE
#4 + #5 +???

EXERCISE
#4 + #5 +???

SEATED

EXERCISE

EXERCISE
#4 +

EXERCISE
#4 + #5 + #6

EXERCISE
#1 + #2 + #3

THIRD CYCLE

NEXT 6 MONTHS

STANDING

FAVORITE EXERCISE 1

SEATED

FAVORITE EXERCISE 2

Fourth cycle

FEX1+FEX2- ONCE A WEEK

FEX3+FEX4- DAILY

Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation DAILY

As my question in the page 182 went unanswered after one month, and  we entered now in the page 183, I am rescuing it here, to avoid it can be buried and never answered.  

1 person thanks this

On 1/13/2018 at 2:09 PM, BluePhoenix133 said:

Hi, i have another question. Why is it when i do mindfulness meditation, seated with my right hand  in my left palm, do i sometimes feel more flying phoenix chi than when i am actually doing the flying phoenix meditations?

I remember it being mentioned that a reserve is built up, in the dan tien? Is that reserve finite? Also am i more attuned to the chi and tapping into it outside of my built up reserve?

Thank you.

I'm not advanced at all, just a beginner like you, but I feel the FP chi going into my brain centers mainly, I get a really 'refreshing' feeling in my head areas. I remember somewhere on the thread Sifu Terry said that the FP chi can be stored anywhere, monk-holding-pearl going to lower dan tian, peach going to heart, gazing-at-moon to third-eye and so on. But then again he used "store" so it may not literally mean storing too haha

Edited by taoguy
1 person thanks this

Are there any news on the possibility to get access to the videos over the internet (i.e via streaming)?