Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

13 hours ago, Astral_butterfly said:

Dear Sifu Terry

My daughter is six years old and very interested in starting Kung Fu training in a nearby Wushu school in September.

She also wants to improve her splits as it is a thing with all her little friends and cousins, particularly as she has had gymnastics classes for two years and still cannot get there fully. I don't want her to stretch every day like her friends and risk injury as I cannot evaluate if her stretch pain is normal, or real and unnatural pain related to over-extension so I want a gentler approach for her.

Can she do the Wind above the Clouds at her age to open up the hips? If she expresses interest in doing more exercises (including those with breath sequence) on the DVD, can I allow her her to learn?

Thank you!

A_B

Hi A_B,

Glad to hear that your daughter is beginning Kung fu training at the nearby wushu school.  But six years old is just a tad young, unless the parents are masters and are doing the training.  Make sure that the school you are taking her to is excellent and has excellent, highly experienced trainer of young children.  I believe that China begins the evaluation and selection of its potential national wushu team members only when the children reach age seven.

But to answer your question:  Yes, it is perfectly fine for your daughter to do "Wind Above the Clouds"--even without the breathing formula.  But when she does do the meditation with the breathing formula, make sure that she is clear and aware o how to the breathing correctly.  If there's any hint or tell-tale sign that she might do it incorrectly, then don't have her do the breathing.  Hold off on the breath control formula until she is older.  Just have her go through the movements and postures slowly.

Good luck to you and your daughter!

Sifu Terry

• Thanks 2

A Fourth of July sentiment to share with my fellow Americans and all FP Qigong practitioiners around the world who love and honor the Spirit of Freedom to perhaps deepen your commemoration of this day, the 242nd anniversary of the start of the Masonic American experiment.  As I posted on Facebook earlier today:  "There is power in the 8.  Pray for the preservation of the Republic today!"

...Thou was born with the Spring; and July set its seal of gold upon thy forehead. The sun himself coloured thy hair; and Mars and Venus blended their rays to gild thine eyes. Fearless and free wast thou, and knewest not thy destiny. For when thou wast come to hours of knowledge, thou didst find thy sacred land in the power of a monster.  Dolt, oaf, nob, assailant, lapdog, dunce, traitor, undisciplined, malignant, polymorphously perverse. Beneath thy holy mountain, the fair springs, fringed with their ashen aspens, were befouled. Sorrowfully brooding, thou didst seek light and life and liberty and love--not upon earth but in the Heavens! Thou didst call, and the Lord answered thee, a Lord eternal, invisible, strong tower, eternal refuge, crowned radiant, omnipotent, white lion, eternal youth!

Thus vision after vision came upon thee; Saint Francis saw the heavens no clearer; the angels themselves surprised thee not, folding their wings upon their faces before the Glory of the Lord. Soon or late, thou must take up thy burden; the monster must be slain; the fair land must be freed.

And so dist thou, as it was given thee to do. Victory sat upon thine helm; the land was free.

I have no heart to say more. Must it ever be thus that treason and superstition and tyranny should have force to destroy the vehicle of the Spirit of Freedom?   Nay, it shall not be so.   America, answer it!

Whether in this great city, where the Atlantic thunders, the vision come upon us, or in Chicago where the wide waste of Michigan is the silence of the tameless waters, or in Buffalo where Niagara roars his battle-slogan, or where the pines of Oregon answer the palms of California, "Skyward to sun and light" (yea! or even to Canada, from Erie to Vancouver), let it inspire us to preserve and to enlarge that liberty--of which thou, Jeanne, wast the protagonist of thine age.

This wreath of green and white speak to us of freedom and of purity; a talisman consecrated by almighty power; a symbol of the victory she won for us not only over tyranny, but over time. And these letters of crimson, be they our sacrifice, that man should not more have to die--as did this maid--for what should be his heritage unchallenged.

JEANNE, golden rose of earth, white lily of heaven, Jeanne, a true sister and true bride of every poet's and every free man's heart, I salute thee. I bid thee not farewell; nay, be thou ever with me till the hour of death bring me to that greater freedom that flowers not upon earth.

Eulogium upon Jeanne d'Arc
by Aleister Crowley
"The Revival of Magick and Other Essays - Oriflamme 2"  (©1998, O.T.O.)

8spoke wheel tiny.png

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Well said Sifu Terry!

What you have shared does sum up our situation. During these times of entropy that occurs before a phase transition in Nature that takes us to a more organized state, I find myself spontaneously going back in a nostalgic mood to my memories of childhood during the 1950's when even to a young child it did feel like America was great. My master, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, taught that the mind always spontaneously goes to a field of greater charm. He also taught that the current head of state of a nation reflects the collective consciousness of the governed. That is especially sad for this nation. That this great country has so many citizens with such low consciousness. 

Fortunately, at least 2 percent of the population has chi kung and meditation to hold onto as a life preserver during these strange times as the eroding cabal tries to hold onto to the old power while Nature is bringing in the real power. Darkness vanishes in the Light. 

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, tao stillness said:

Well said Sifu Terry!

What you have shared does sum up our situation. During these times of entropy that occurs before a phase transition in Nature that takes us to a more organized state, I find myself spontaneously going back in a nostalgic mood to my memories of childhood during the 1950's when even to a young child it did feel like America was great. My master, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, taught that the mind always spontaneously goes to a field of greater charm. He also taught that the current head of state of a nation reflects the collective consciousness of the governed. That is especially sad for this nation. That this great country has so many citizens with such low consciousness. 

Fortunately, at least 2 percent of the population has chi kung and meditation to hold onto as a life preserver during these strange times as the eroding cabal tries to hold onto to the old power while Nature is bringing in the real power. Darkness vanishes in the Light. 

I agree with Sifu Terry and you here. 

It is a time for unity rather than division. A glance at the Off-Grid forum here shows many people however may use their level of spiritual practice to reinforce their political views no matter how odd they may appear to be. I do not hold people’s opinions or political views sacred, but I believe what is important besides a good system is a good teacher, good community, and good students—unsurprisingly criteria spelled out by Sifu Terry himself! With all these we rise and do not fall to the level of consciousness that we believe erroneously is our elevation of consciousness.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, zen-bear said:

Hi A_B,

Glad to hear that your daughter is beginning Kung fu training at the nearby wushu school.  But six years old is just a tad young, unless the parents are masters and are doing the training.  Make sure that the school you are taking her to is excellent and has excellent, highly experienced trainer of young children.  I believe that China begins the evaluation and selection of its potential national wushu team members only when the children reach age seven.

But to answer your question:  Yes, it is perfectly fine for your daughter to do "Wind Above the Clouds"--even without the breathing formula.  But when she does do the meditation with the breathing formula, make sure that she is clear and aware o how to the breathing correctly.  If there's any hint or tell-tale sign that she might do it incorrectly, then don't have her do the breathing.  Hold off on the breath control formula until she is older.  Just have her go through the movements and postures slowly.

Good luck to you and your daughter!

Sifu Terry

Hi Sifu Terry

I also thought she was too young but she is very keen, and the teachers are national and Europeans champions and referees so it seems ok.

Thank you for your advice, I am intrigued that the meditations can have a degree of effectiveness without the breath control! 

Thanks for the good wishes :)

A_B

On 7/4/2018 at 4:28 PM, tao stillness said:

Well said Sifu Terry!

No. 

This has not always been true. 

Your thinking of the nature of the market place for civilian an ruling class needed that an its nature reflected what was real the street..

A snake slithers on the ground.

A snake only climbs by coiling up a tree...Understand. 

A dragon flies by coiling for it is of heaven...

For only a phoenix is truly of the people for it is of earth but points the way to heaven as is a birds nature.

Understand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

NOTE TO ALL FP QIGONG PRACTITIONERS AND SUBSCRIBERS TO THIS THREAD:

Pay no attention to the above posting by "PGQ" because he or whoever is behind the PGQ name has recently been banned by the able and astute Daobums moderators who discovered that this account "appear to be sock puppets of past scammer or such vices to play out on the site."   Thus the  message he posted is a snide and disrespectful parting shot at FP Qigong, this FPCK thread, the Daobums.com site, and the Daobums Moderator who has banned him.

But if you must try to make sense of the 8 lines of the posting, here is how I look at it:

As one may have noticed:  none of PGQ's  8 lines above are comprehensible English except one:  the one that says "snake slithers on the ground,"  which given the fact that he has been banned, may lead one to conclude that it is his identification of himself.  

As for the rest of that post, it is a combination of the demonstrably wrong statements all purposefully bundled up to make iritating nonsense.  But since it's posted and cannot be taken down, in the spirit of democracy and free speech in this  open forum, the meaning of this "poetry"  and the intent of its  author can be easily examined:

A snake only climbs by coiling up a tree...Understand.      Wrong:  a snake doesn't have to coil up a tree to elevate, as snake-charmers have demonstrated for centuries.  And maybe Mr. Black Snake here will pay you a visit to show you how wrong you are.

UNDERSTAND THIS, GENIUS:

A dragon flies by coiling for it is of heaven...   Wrong again, as those who have done enough of the Wind Above the Clouds FP Meditation all know through mastering this BASIC FP Meditation, the dragon (you) after gathering its energy by stretching to the right, stretching to the left, and stretching to the right again just ONE TIME, launches itself into flight by straightening the body and then keeping the body straight and perfectly still when it flies through the Heavens.  Hint:  this is knowledge is physiologically experienced--not believed in nor imagined--when (advanced) practitioners do the FP Meditation "Wind Above the Clouds" (50 40 30), a so-called "basic" FP meditation on Volume One of the DVD series.

For only a phoenix is truly of the people for it is of earth but points the way to heaven as is a birds natureNO. WRONG AGAIN.  IT IS NONE OF THAT BECAUSE IT IS NO LONGER A BIRD.   FLYING PHOENIX IS AN ENERGY, WHICH IS BORN IN THE HEAVENS AND STAYS IN THE HEAVENS.  It is channeled to man/woman on earth through FP Meditation practice in order to transform man/woman and him/her into a holy and then ultimately heavenly being, but for it to abide in man-on-earth, that mundane being must be following the Dharma--as defined by any of the great three world religions.  Any FP Qigong practitioner who has experienced the inner blue light (with eyes closed) while in meditation knows that this BLUE LIGHT is not of this earth--and cannot be generated by any earthly means known to man.

And anyone so firmly convinced of--and fervently attached to--such hysterically wrong and delusional belief about "Flying Phoenix"--obviously based on no experiential foundation of having practiced any of the Flying Phoenix Qigong correctly--so as to so arrogantly command everyone to "UNDERSTAND (it)" might be deemed by even the most non-judgemental FP practitioners  as having a severe mental disorder, for this person is preaching as if he were living in a parallel universe where sages are blind and deranged from having a meth habit.  I will paraphrase a powerful contemporary female European mystic so as to more more graciously and insightfully support my condemnation of the poisonous drivel purplegoldqilin just posted:

“the spheres of [the Flying Phoenix]  are not accessible to such persons as have allowed their spiritual body to wither away and to make their spiritual poverty into an arrogant omniscience, denying all that in their spiritual blindness they cannot see, in their cowardice do not dare to believe, in their egoism have not the strength to love.”   In other words, the holiness of SPIRITUAL ENTITIES such as the FLYING PHOENIX is beyond the comprehension of ordinary people.

This mystic also accurately observed:  “When the devil cannot prevent the appearance of a noble and pure soul, he revenges himself by distorting the picture of this soul in the minds of others."   Hence the venal coward behind the purplegoldqilin sock-puppet, who the moderators have just banned from us all, in spewing a final parting cheap-shot,  passes himself off as some sort of spiritual genius, started out by obfuscating the obvious TRUTH:   "No. This has not always been true."

OH YES, THIS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN TRUE.

Understand.

Indeed, people should UNDERSTAND ONLY: 

(A)  how to detect deceptive fruitcake trolls trying to siphon (steal) low-level psychic energy by arrogantly writing nonsense designed to confuse, distract and make eyes roll.

(B)  how to quickly dismiss such flimsy lint balls (blow them out the window with 1/10 of an exhale and let a passing moth eat it) without wasting an ounce of energy on it.

And as was explained to me by the Daobums moderator who banned PGQ sock-puppet, he was banned because he was determined to be a troll who lured the unsuspecting  through this chain of links to an obviously bogus website titled (on its homepage)  'THE SPIRITUAL HEART CENTER', featuring a guru of "Celestial Kriya Yoga" named "Ausar", who reportedly sells supposedly advanced teachings by Grandmaster Doo Wai on DVDs for thousands of dollars.  

When I first saw this website, I saw it as obviously bogus because Kriya Yoga is the sacred art of Paramahansa Yogananda, the great Indian master, guru, and holy man ( 1893-1952).  Being a resident of Los Angeles since the age of 6, I have, as an adult, visited the Yogananda's Self-Realization Centers on Mt. Washington overlooking downtown LA, in the Pacific Palisades, and in the beach town of Encinitas dozens of times and have meditated there and practiced my Qigong arts there.  I have a good appreciation and deep understanding for the Yoganada tradition.  Thus, just the idea that any substantial art from GM Doo Wai's tradition could have been  transmitted to anyone in the Kriya Yoga tradition--other than Yogananda himself--is ABSURD AND IMPOSSIBLE.  That these two traditions--so vastly different--could be somehow conjoined is ridiculous horseshit.

Unfortunately, as reported to me in PM by a FPCK subscriber from the UK who asked to remain anonymous but whose existence and complaint about the  extortionate ausar.org site ("The Spiritual Heart Center") can be verified by the DaoBums moderators, he and quite a few unsuspecting and gullible Daobums subscribers in his circle of friends were seduced, hoodwinked, and bamboozled out a lot money, thousands of dollars, by claims made by  "ausar" that has been a recent private student of GM Doo Wai and has been endorsed, encouraged and commissioned by GM Doo Wai to "enlightenment to the world" by selling what turns out to be a hodgepodge of videos of GM Doo Wai performing advanced Bok Fu Pai meditations, which were (as explained by GM Doo Wai in his 2007 Youtube video) all stolen from him by an outlaw student (now deceased) whom he thoroughly disavowed and vehemently condemned in that 2007 video.

Well, first of all, here is a link I have just posted on Youtube, of a conversation I had about 10 days ago with GM Doo Wai, in which he laughed, guffawed, and then laughed again that anyone has claimed taht he has been a private student of GM Doo Wai AT ANY TIME DURING PAST 9 YEARS, because GM Doo Wai has sadly been incapacitated, is bedridden and cannot speak easily.  Therefore he laughed loudly when I told him that an "Ausar" claims to be his private student at present.

Furthermore, GM Doo Wai expressly announced (with the help of my framing questions) that there are only five (5) persons in the world authorized by him to teach Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu:   Sifu's Tom and Joel Rizzo in Los Angeles, their former student Nick whose last name GM Doo Wai could not tell me (and whom the Rizzo's ahve not told me), Sifu Garry Hearfield in Australia, and myself.  Only five.  No one else.

And because Grandmaster Doo Wai showed in the above video that he was having obvious difficulties throughout much of the Skype conversation keeping his computer camera trained on himself, this is the follow-up call I made to the Grandmaster about 20 minutes later to get a stable picture and to get RE-CONFIRMATION from him that he wanted me to publish far and wide the names of the five instructors that he has authorized to teach Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu arts (that includes all meditative and energy arts under the Bok Fu Pai "umbrella") and to make it absolutely clear and undeniable that this was his wish.  Note the emphatic thanks that he expressed to me in both videos, but especially this second one for helping him carry out his wish.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."   --John 8:32            

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

It is exceptionally baffling to have this level of audacity in that post right after Sifu Terry himself has already spoken about how GM Doo Wai clearly stated that there has been no Ausar as GM Doo Wai's student.

I would like to point out that that is not GM Doo Wai in the photograph. It doesn't even look like him.  Confirmed by Sifu Terry that it is a photo of GM Doo Wai.

There is an intense disrespect (and likely both unknowing and unaware) in how this message has been conveyed here to challenge Sifu Terry's statement. In the meanwhile, I won't add any more fuel to the fire, I'm just going to say that I will leave Sifu Terry to respond as necessary, if he feels the need to do so. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It is intensely baffling to me that you choose to be so closed minded and further more have the temerity - and not for the first time - to insult me personally on this thread. Read my post again. I am merely trying to provide perspective to what has been up to now a decidedly one sided argument in order to establish the truth. I am not concerned with whether or not you or anyone else here feels threatened by this, nor whether you feel that this photograph seems like that of GM Doo Wai or not. That fact is that on the website it is presented as such. That being the case, there seems to be an onus to either prove or disprove whether or not it is in fact a photograph of Ausar with GM Doo Wai, and the onus does not rest on my shoulders, as to my eyes it appears to be very much the likeness of the Grand Master. You are the doubting Thomas here...

One needs to ask whether it would make sense for anyone to post a photograph online claiming that it showed themselves with someone as important as the Grand Master if it were not in fact a genuine photograph? 

But if indeed it is genuine, does this not then appeal to some part of your intelligence to question whether there is any truth to the rest of the content of Ausar's website? I would hope that at least some members would have the intelligence to come to this conclusion for themselves. 

I have witnessed far too much backstabbing going on in this thread since the earlier days, and it is time someone here had the balls to redress that. I sincerely doubt that Ausnar needs any defending, but I took it upon myself to defend him because people deserve the benefit of the doubt, and no-one here other than me seems prepared to even investigate whether there is any truth to the information appearing in Ausar's website. It has simply been totally discredited. Have you ever thought that you might be throwing the baby out with the bath water?

So, by all means call me out...you are the arrogant one!

So, for the rest of you... let's have a little honesty here, whose likeness appears on this photograph, and when was it taken? Is it GM Doo Wai or not? If it is GM Doo Wai as he appears in this photograph, when was this photograph taken, and is he in fact in this state now, or is he bed ridden as Sifu Dunn claims? I can attest to the fact that if this is Ausar, then the photograph must have been taken recently, as he has hardly changed since then, in addition to the fact that he was wearing the same clothing when he appeared in person in the Darshan given this afternoon. Hmmm.....

Edited by DSCB57
additional information

14 minutes ago, DSCB57 said:

It is intensely baffling to me that you choose to be so closed minded and further more have the temerity - and not for the first time - to insult me personally on this thread. Read my post again. I am merely trying to provide perspective to what has been up to now a decidedly one sided argument in order to establish the truth. I am not concerned with whether or not you or anyone else here feels threatened by this, nor whether you feel that this photograph seems like that of GM Doo Wai or not. That fact is that on the website it is presented as such. That being the case, there seems to be an onus to either prove or disprove whether or not it is in fact a photograph of Ausar with GM Doo Wai, and the onus does not rest on my shoulders, as to my eyes it appears to be very much the likeness of the Grand Master. You are the doubting Thomas here...

One needs to ask whether it would make sense for anyone to post a photograph online claiming that it showed themselves with someone as important as the Grand Master if it were not in fact a genuine photograph? 

But if indeed it is genuine, does this not then appeal to some part of your intelligence to question whether there is any truth to the rest of the content of Ausar's website? I would hope that at least some members would have the intelligence to come to this conclusion for themselves. 

I have witnessed far too much backstabbing going on in this thread since the earlier days, and it is time someone here had the balls to redress that. I sincerely doubt that Ausnar needs any defending, but I took it upon myself to defend him because people deserve the benefit of the doubt, and no-one here other than me seems prepared to even investigate whether there is any truth to the information appearing in Ausar's website.  

So, by all means call me out...one of these days your hard heart and lack of compassion will become apparent to all here. 

I have never insulted you on this thread or any interaction we have had. 

I have no desire to engage with you because you seem to seek conflict with me, and when you can't find it, you create it. 

Carry on as you will--I am here as a student of Sifu Terry and a practitioner of Flying Phoenix, and whatever you think of me for ill or good will not affect my practice or my peace of mind, as I will rest soundly because I do not care about you or what you think. 

This thread is for Flying Phoenix and for Sifu Terry's communication with us on related matters. I intend to stick to the spirit of this thread. 

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I have never insulted you on this thread or any interaction we have had. 

I have no desire to engage with you because you seem to seek conflict with me, and when you can't find it, you create it. 

Carry on as you will--I am here as a student of Sifu Terry and a practitioner of Flying Phoenix, and whatever you think of me for ill or good will not affect my practice or my peace of mind, as I will rest soundly because I do not care about you or what you think. 

This thread is for Flying Phoenix and for Sifu Terry's communication with us on related matters. I intend to stick to the spirit of this thread. 

Oh, awfully sorry. I thought that this system came down from our Grand Master, and it appears to me that if he has indeed chosen to make a different part of the system available through Ausar - and given the fact that I was not the one who raised the question of Ausar - that this would be of prime importance to all practitioners. I must have been mistaken....perhaps I should remove my post, since one member finds it so terribly offensive? Or maybe we should leave it up to our ever vigilant moderators - who knows, maybe they'll ban me too? 

Edited by DSCB57
my business

You arvin' a larf, mate :D  

I never said I was offended.

It seems as though you are seeking to aggrandize yourself by attempting to portray me as some sort of bully for whatever slight you have perceived has come from me that has offended your ego-fear complex.

Sadly this is not the case, as it only serves to make you appear to be throwing a temper tantrum.

It was merely pointed out that the level of disrespect in your post was baffling as was the audacity to post it. 

You may choose to continue your tirade, but I and everyone else will enjoy the fruits of our practice, and in the words of Sifu Terry, understand points A and B that you may read in his last post on sowing confusion and bewilderment. 

Keep talking--hopefully you will one day hear what you are saying and read what you are writing. 

Shall the rest of us go back to the discussion of Flying Phoenix, please? 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 6

I offer my apologies for ranting, but the nature of spiritual transgressions here are very concerning and needed further address.

If you don't know for sure and are confused, then at least don't act confused and stir the pot more. This is basic Daoist, and also non-Daoist, morals how to be a great human being through non-action. Further, don't dare to think that acting confused and aiding evil causes is to your benefit or that you can squirm away from responsibility without real repentance. This not any moralization, but a reminder that karma is real and so are its consequences.

"Ausar" is obviously a scam to cull the purses of the gullible. They throw in some currently hyped spiritual words in a semi-coherent style and try to lure in people who are mystified with unfamiliar methods of traditional kungfu.

COMMON SENSE ALERT: Enlightenment and Light Body cannot be sold, but require intense spiritual practice with any proper yogic method and high-level teachers' guide. There is no spiritual by-passing. There may be few items that help to cleanse karma, but this is not nearly the same as being sold "enlightenment." How utterly ridiculous! No honest teacher will ever sell you anything with the explicit claim that it will enlighten you.

https://ausar.org/2018/04/12/blue-buddha-ascending-to-heaven-legendary-spiritual-system-of-fire-samadhi/

The "price explaining video" referred to in the above infomercial link is creatively clipped (and most certainly without permission) from GMDW's Chi Materialization tape. This art has nothing to do with the any "enlightenment," but it's a high level kungfu and martial healing skill.

I would like to point out that GMDW tapes are copyrighted and kept out of public circulation for a good reason. His family arts are very demanding and generally unsafe for public learning without a master's supervision. If anyone gets messed up because of misconduct concerning their unwise and immoral distribution, it's a heavy karma.

I thought Jim Lacy had abused GMDW's generosity grievously by teaching wrong methods that caused internal injuries to unsuspecting people and by claiming falsehoods about GMDW's death etc., but this new abuse takes it to another level. Now he is cast as a collaborating mystical master in an attempt to cash-in with counterfeit Buddha Dharma. Unbelievable disrespect.

Slandering and abusing the holy Dharma is a serious sin that can actually take you to hell. Why would anyone act as an auxiliary to such a cause? Sifu Terry gave a stern warning already in his previous post, but apparently his experience and sagely advice about spiritual darkness was echoed on empty ears. My heart advice is that some of you people should clearly differentiate between the light and the dark, the clear and the obscure.

Now I don't wish to have anymore replies about this subject unless it's Sifu Terry making another statement with GMDW. Discussing Flyng Phoenix and its benefits is simply much more rewarding.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2018 at 9:03 AM, DSCB57 said:

At the risk of fuelling further controversy after witnessing all this uncompassionate backstabbing, I am going to stick my neck out and ask how it is that this photograph appears on the website under discussion if Ausar's claims are as is being claimed here, patently false? I wonder how he may have enticed GM Doo Wai to appear with him on this photograph? (I copied the photograph without permission or authorization from this webpage, where it can be seen by anyone visiting the website: https://ausar.org/)

fullsizerender-8.jpg?w=448&h=336

So, who is bs'ing who? Certainly someone is misinformed or deliberately obfuscating the truth here. This does appear to be an authentic photograph of GM Doo Wai with this initiate who uses the name Ausar, or has this been cleverly photoshopped in order to deceive aspirants into undertaking Ausar's teachings? Or maybe GM Doo Wai has been in some way coerced into appearing in the photo together with Ausar? 

And incidentally, does GM Doo Wai appear to be bed-ridden in this photograph? I don't think so. Apparently Ausar has been caring for the Grand Master, and although not fully recovered he is certainly not in the state described by Sifu Dunn. 

According to one of Ausar's students, Ausar gained GM Doo Wai's favour due to his cultivation direction being entirely toward the spiritual rather than martial, and the meditations he claims to have been taught by GM Doo Wai are from another embodiment of the Flying Phoenix arts which do not involve the White Tiger energy in any way. According to him, these cannot be learned from DVDs and are initiatory. That would explain why GM Doo Wai might have made such a choice. In the spirit of open mindedness, rather than looking only at one side of the story and judging this purely on the biased impressions which have thusfar pervaded on this thread, I encourage further investigation by all practitioners of the Doo Family arts in order for this to be of benefit to all of us. 

No, I feel that there is more than meets the eye regarding Ausar's claims, particularly if you take the trouble to actually attend a free Darshan and witness for yourself what this is all about. Up to now, that and a few lengthy online chats are the extent of my own involvement.  Disclaimer: I am not a student of Ausar, nor have I actually spoken to him in person, but I do feel that he is worthy of far more respect than he has received on this forum. 

DSC,

To answer our question:  Yes.  He is bedridden.  In this photo you posted GM Doo Wai is in a hospital nightshirt here, wearing th same white earbuds that he wears when he uses his computer to communicate with people via Skype.  And as you can see in both the video recordings of my Skype conversation with GM Doo Wai that took place the evening of July 3--which I posted above with  my post of July 8, GM Doo Wai is confined to a hospital bed and has been in this unfortunate state for the past 9 years.  Sifu Garry Hearfield just recently corrected me and informed that GM Doo Wai has been incapacitated and bedridden for ten (10) years because Sifu Garry remembers distinctly that his son was two years old when GM Doo Wai was struck by four strokes.  His son Hayden is now twelve years old.  And anyone may confirm that  Sifu Hearfield made such a confirmation--of GM Doo Wai being incapacitated for the past ten years) by contacting him.  Also, although I don't now what their responsiveness level is because I'm not well-acquainted with them, the duration of GM Doo Wai's incapacitation and being confined to convalescent bed can be confirmed by contacting Sifu Tom Rizzo and Sifu Joel Rizzo, and also Dennis Wood, who I recently learned teaches at the Rizzo's "White Tiger Kung Fu School" in Westwood, CA.

For your information, GM Doo Wai has been Skyping me for the past 4 weeks (calls initiated by him on the average of every other day) and what I have posted as his reaction to "ausar" is absolutely true and will be backed up by the videos of the audiotape recordings of other conversations.

Taking a photo with GM while  he is in an incapacitated state as he is seen in the photo he posted does not mean that he has been authorized to teach any part of the BFP system.  Even if GM Doo Wai had taught him anything prior to when he was incapacitated ten years ago, that does not make him an instructor.

You can believe what you want based on a photo--and be his shill for the rest of your life.  I don't know who this person is in this photo that you say goes by the name "ausar". But anyone can tell from his age in this photo you posted that he has not mastered anything except how to get banned from www.thedaobums.com by its moderators.  The fact that he and all his known aliases (called "sock puppets" by the two DaoBums moderators, who felt it necessary (with no input or prompting from me whatsoever) to take action in response to complaints of  trolling and diverting of subscribers of this discussion thread to a notorious scam site ) have been banned from Daobums is here for all to verify:

But the truth about GM Doo Wai as of last week confirming that he has authorized  only the above mentioned 5 Sifu's (including yours truly) to teach Bok Fu Pai will be further proven and documented with the forthcoming videos and audio recordings.  Also to be proven and documented is Grandmaster Doo Wai's 100% confirmation that "ausar" is NOT an authorized instructor of  Bok Fu Pai.

And you can also confirm with the moderator "Dawei"  that all "sock-pockets" --or avatars/screennames donned by those trolling the FPCK thread because of its large  subscriber base--and others on Daobums--and leading the unsuspecting and gullible to "ausar.org" HAVE BEEN BANNED and will continue to BANNED whenever they are ferretted out.

I don't have time for this totally disgusting and pathetic low-level con-artistry. 

Please direct all future questions about FP Qigong or any Bok Fu Pai art to the other four authorized instructors: Sifu's Hearfield, Tom Rizzo, Joel Rizzo, and their student, Sifu Nick.  Other doing my part to present to the public GM Doo Wai's expressed and unassailable authorization of those persons that he wants to teach Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu arts, you will not waste any more of my time about this matter again.  Ever again.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In an effort to bring things back on course, I'd just like to say thanks again to Sifu Terry for bringing this system to all of us.

I'm on week 3 of Flying Phoenix. I'm at 5 minutes of daily practice of forms 1 - 4 (Monk Gazes at the Moon, Bending the Bows, Monk Holds the Peach, and Monk Holds the Pearl). My slightly protruding gut, years of sedentary life, and stiff lower back have prevented me from doing Wind Above the Clouds, but the exercises (and daily stretching) are loosening me up and diminishing my gut.

What I've noticed so far is:

1) My mental focus is back. 

I am no longer mired in a rut of brain fog. My work involved creating aquaponics systems for people, which involves a lot of calculations, sketching, 3d modelling, consultations, interpersonal interactions, budgeting, project management, botany, and a number of other rigorous mental exercises. My work was becoming very difficult as my energy was being sapped by a number of different seeming disease processes that were becoming more pronounced, greatly affecting my focus.

After just a few weeks of Flying Phoenix, my focus is back.

2) My stomach health is greatly improved.

For the past 15 or so years, I've suffered from irritable bowel syndrome. It has spiked and subsided at various points in my life. Lately, it's been much worse which led me to pursue qigong in the first place. On top of the IBS spike, I've been diagnosed with acute gastritis, which had made life even worse with constant bloating, diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pain. It was very rough for a little while, and I'm still recovering.

Flying Phoenix has accelerated my recovery time significantly. I can eat things that I couldn't eat at all anymore without consequences (like cheese, yogurt, tomatoes, etc.) about once or twice a week without having problems. My elimination process has normalized. Things are moving along very well in terms of strengthening my stomach and intestines.

There's still more to be done. I'm fairly certain I'll be needing to see an acupuncturist and getting some Traditional Chinese Medicinal herbs to fully rectify and balance the system. Flying Phoenix seems to have laid an excellent foundation for healing.

3) My strength is improving.

I noticed a strange sensation a week or so ago which was somewhat frightening. When I would bend over to pick things up, I noticed a twitching in my left chest (where I've had a rib that has a tendency to slip out of place and cause a lot of pain). I became worried by the twitch and wondered what was going on. I had some anxiety over the sensation (which I was able to keep down very well thanks to the mental fortification aspect of Flying Phoenix), but realized that there was probably nothing truly wrong. 

A few days later, I realized that I could manifest this sensation at will. To my surprise and embarrassment, I realized that the sensation I'd been feeling was just a strengthening of my intercostal and pectoral muscles. Most of the movements in Flying Phoenix 1 seem to strengthen the pectoral, neck, shoulder, core, and leg muscles. I'm noticing these effects, and I'm very thankful for them.

Stretches that used to be difficult for me are much easier. It's easier to move freely. It's easier to perform actions that were difficult before. The general improvement in strength is very welcome.

4) My Anxiety and Panic have subsided greatly.

For the past two years I've suffered from general anxiety and panic disorder. This began, I believe, after foolishly mixing a few controlled substances on accident with some friends. It was a catalyst to mental and physical distress the likes of which I've never known. It was highly unfortunate.

Since then, I've been much more of a hermit than before. I've avoided people, places, and activities that I used to find very fun and nourishing. I avoided these because of budding agoraphobia, fear of panic attacks, and a general lack of confidence in my physical and mental state. 

Flying Phoenix has definitely strengthened my mental reserves. I imagine that the energy I've built up has acted as a buffer between myself and the rest of the world, shielding me from overwhelming sensations or experiences. It feels like I did when I had been very involved in spiritual practices in previous eras of my life. I feel like I'm myself again. I can enjoy my life, my wife, my surroundings, my friends, and my family again. I am so thankful for this, I cannot state it enough.

All of this is, again, to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Sifu Terry. I've been at my wits end for a long time in regard to my health physically and mentally, but I am confident now that I'm on the first steps of the path toward health and well-being. I hope to meet you in person someday to undergo some training and consultation in regards to my form. I've been in contact with you via email and have been very grateful for your responses. I look forward to scheduling something in the coming months / year.

• Like 9

Also, thank you VERY MUCH to user Seatle185. He got me the first two DVD's as a gift after I mentioned I didn't have the money to purchase them yet (my income fluctuates a lot based on my current project load). 

Without his gift, I'd be working with the difficult to follow (but apparently also effective) Wild Goose method as taught by Dr. Bingkun Hu (which are apparently very effective also, but maybe not so beginner friendly). I had access to those through my wife's Amazon Prime account (free through her work), but not much else.

Very excited about this journey into the world of qigong. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Maybe said:

In an effort to bring things back on course, I'd just like to say thanks again to Sifu Terry for bringing this system to all of us.

I'm on week 3 of Flying Phoenix. I'm at 5 minutes of daily practice of forms 1 - 4 (Monk Gazes at the Moon, Bending the Bows, Monk Holds the Peach, and Monk Holds the Pearl). My slightly protruding gut, years of sedentary life, and stiff lower back have prevented me from doing Wind Above the Clouds, but the exercises (and daily stretching) are loosening me up and diminishing my gut.

What I've noticed so far is:

I am no longer mired in a rut of brain fog. My work involved creating aquaponics systems for people, which involves a lot of calculations, sketching, 3d modelling, consultations, interpersonal interactions, budgeting, project management, botany, and a number of other rigorous mental exercises. My work was becoming very difficult as my energy was being sapped by a number of different seeming disease processes that were becoming more pronounced, greatly affecting my focus.

After just a few weeks of Flying Phoenix, my focus is back.

For the past 15 or so years, I've suffered from irritable bowel syndrome. It has spiked and subsided at various points in my life. Lately, it's been much worse which led me to pursue qigong in the first place. On top of the IBS spike, I've been diagnosed with acute gastritis, which had made life even worse with constant bloating, diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pain. It was very rough for a little while, and I'm still recovering.

Flying Phoenix has accelerated my recovery time significantly. I can eat things that I couldn't eat at all anymore without consequences (like cheese, yogurt, tomatoes, etc.) about once or twice a week without having problems. My elimination process has normalized. Things are moving along very well in terms of strengthening my stomach and intestines.

There's still more to be done. I'm fairly certain I'll be needing to see an acupuncturist and getting some Traditional Chinese Medicinal herbs to fully rectify and balance the system. Flying Phoenix seems to have laid an excellent foundation for healing.

I noticed a strange sensation a week or so ago which was somewhat frightening. When I would bend over to pick things up, I noticed a twitching in my left chest (where I've had a rib that has a tendency to slip out of place and cause a lot of pain). I became worried by the twitch and wondered what was going on. I had some anxiety over the sensation (which I was able to keep down very well thanks to the mental fortification aspect of Flying Phoenix), but realized that there was probably nothing truly wrong. 

A few days later, I realized that I could manifest this sensation at will. To my surprise and embarrassment, I realized that the sensation I'd been feeling was just a strengthening of my intercostal and pectoral muscles. Most of the movements in Flying Phoenix 1 seem to strengthen the pectoral, neck, shoulder, core, and leg muscles. I'm noticing these effects, and I'm very thankful for them.

Stretches that used to be difficult for me are much easier. It's easier to move freely. It's easier to perform actions that were difficult before. The general improvement in strength is very welcome.

For the past two years I've suffered from general anxiety and panic disorder. This began, I believe, after foolishly mixing a few controlled substances on accident with some friends. It was a catalyst to mental and physical distress the likes of which I've never known. It was highly unfortunate.

Since then, I've been much more of a hermit than before. I've avoided people, places, and activities that I used to find very fun and nourishing. I avoided these because of budding agoraphobia, fear of panic attacks, and a general lack of confidence in my physical and mental state. 

Flying Phoenix has definitely strengthened my mental reserves. I imagine that the energy I've built up has acted as a buffer between myself and the rest of the world, shielding me from overwhelming sensations or experiences. It feels like I did when I had been very involved in spiritual practices in previous eras of my life. I feel like I'm myself again. I can enjoy my life, my wife, my surroundings, my friends, and my family again. I am so thankful for this, I cannot state it enough.

All of this is, again, to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Sifu Terry. I've been at my wits end for a long time in regard to my health physically and mentally, but I am confident now that I'm on the first steps of the path toward health and well-being. I hope to meet you in person someday to undergo some training and consultation in regards to my form. I've been in contact with you via email and have been very grateful for your responses. I look forward to scheduling something in the coming months / year.

Hello Maybe,

Greetings again to the FP Qigong community and thank you for bringing the conversation back to the topic of practicing Flying Phoenix Qigong.

I am very happy and thrilled for you that you are experiencing such solid salient health benefits from practicing this art using the first DVD volumes for only three weeks. Many practitioners have reported verifiable health benefits from less than 3 and even 2 weeks of practice, but there have only been a handful of FP Qigong practitioners/Daobums subscribers who have reported such a broad range of health improvements.

The order by which you've described the noticeable health benefits from your FP practice is very telling and very typical of the "roll-out" or onset of FP Qigong's healing effects. 

Congratulations.  I'm very glad to hear that FP Qigong practice has restored our mental focus and you have greatly command of your multi-faceted and challenging job in aquaponics.  Mental clarity and acuity is often instantly experienced with the very first practice session and steadily builds and ratchets upward in terms of maintaining clarity and acuity.  As I think I explained in a post in 2016:  When I gave a workshop in NYC on November 12 that year, one of the women attending that 4-hour afternoon workshop loudly and excitedly exclaimed at the two-hour mark:  "Oh my God, my eyes just cleared up...and I never even noticed that they had clouded over right after the presidential election took place four days ago (and Trump got elected)!"   With two hours of FP Qigong practice, this woman recovered from severe psycho-somatic symptoms and was utterly amazed that they suddenly and completely disappeared.  Welcome to the Cloudless Mind Club!

Wow!  This is stellar news.  I have not heard many reports of FP Qigong practice improving serious alimentary problems to the extent that you have described.  I know how painful and distressing stomach problems can be and hwo they alone can make life miserable.

I've been diagnosed with acute gastritis, which had made life even worse with constant bloating, diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pain. It was very rough for a little while, and I'm still recovering.

Again, I'm so glad to hear that about the very interesting false alarm you went through that turned out actually be a symptom of your strenthening process. 

I realized that the sensation I'd been feeling was just a strengthening of my intercostal and pectoral muscles. Most of the movements in Flying Phoenix 1 seem to strengthen the pectoral, neck, shoulder, core, and leg muscles.

Yes, FP Qigong is the epitome of CORE exercise.  Because of its sure-fire ability and power to induce the relaxation response coupled with its constant imperative to  move as slowly as possible--i.e., to "move at the speed of a shifting sand dune", the Fp Qigong art almost perfectly coordinates the use of the body's core muscle  to transfer that strength to the muscles of the extremities in a natural wave form.

Besides noticeable strength increasing from greater respiratory power conditioned by the FP Qigong, the efficiency in movement from the great  postural, balance, flexibility and agility benefits of the FP moving meditations will result in the feeling of even greater increase in strength and energy levels.  This is the meaning of integral strength.

As I've stated year after year, many times a year on this thread, the FP Qigong works by bringing all the organ systems of the body under the regulation of the subconscious mind--thereby activating the body's self-healing properties.  By regulating the orbs of the body  through the central nervous system and returning the body to homeostasis (its natural state of pristine functioning), soothed nerves, emotional calm accompany the physical strength and  comfort from the reduction of friction and pain brought on by the practice.

First comes bodily health and physical comfort combined with emotional calm and greater and greater sense of well-being.  Then comes deeper relaxation and blissful states of consciousness or "absorption", mapped out and celebrated by the sages of all ancient yogic cultures.  (As "Virtue" so eloquently stated in his posting above, such higher states of consciousness cannot be bought at any price but depends totally on the quality of one's practice of any authentic yogic or meditative system, how hard and disciplined one works in his yogic-spiritual practices,, one's natural genetic talents, along with one's predilection and karma.)  I would recommend reading Daniel Goleman's "The Buddha and Meditative States of Consciousness, Part I" as an accessible excellent roadmap to recognizing where one is on the path of attaining At=Onement with the Infinite Event or Ultimate Reality or Godhead.  It is a translation of the a scripture expounded by the Buddha defining the states of Consciousness facilitated by Yogic practice, which in Sanskrit are called the 8 Jhanas--or levels of absorption/concentration. (I highly recommend this reading to FP practitioners because one will realize what an excellent yogic vehicle FP Qigong is because it soars one through the first 2 jhanas and for many through the third right up to the threshold of the fourth t jhana.  so that one can more quickly dispense with obstacles to progress which at first seem not to be obstacles but are often mistaken for the desired end:  bliss and rapture.

http://www.atpweb.org/jtparchive/Goleman1972.pdf

Bliss and rapture--while commonly promised as cheap marketing hooks to entrap depressed and unhappy and thus more gullible-than-normal people, by profane hucksters and quacks selling instant enlightenment as New Age Snake Oil--are to be experienced and then dispensed with as soon as volitionally possible if one wants to progress further in one's spiritual growth and experience the FORMLESS JHANA'S -- which the Buddha defined as four states of highest consciousness.

Another invaluable map that is most rigorous and challenging to use--but which brings immeasurable mental health and powers is Polish-American mathematician-philosopher Alfred J. Korzybski's "Science and Sanity", the seminal tome of General Semantics.  Taken 6 pages a night, this 2,000 page thesis cleanses the nervous systme of semantic distortions and makes one conscious of the Structural Differential which are the physiological and cosmological realities that potentially block the evolution of human consciousness to directly know and be AT-One with the Ultimate Reality/ Infinite Event  / Godhead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_semantics

Yes you can know God through a math model.  LOL

And then there's G. Spencer-Brown's "The Laws of Form", that one can read simultaneous with Goleman and Korzybski--or afterwards.  Then you will have mastered a substantial level of the closest thing the West has developed to Zen, and also have in place a most powerful language structure to understand and describe and articulate the yogic experiences that you experience through your practice of Flying Phoenix Qigong--let alone recognize when someone is trying to sell you new age snake oil or a bridge in Brooklyn but is calling it something else.

Congratulations again on your splendid health transformation!!  

May your improvements continue with no end.

You are most welcome.  It is an absolute pleasure and joy to teach FP Qigong...especially when results such as yours are reported.

Sincerely,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 6

TO THE FLYING PHOENIX QIGONG COMMUNITY AND TO THOSE INTERESTED IN OTHER ARTS UNDER THE EHRMEI MOUNTAIN BOK FU PAI (WHITE TIGER) KUNG FU UMBRELLA:

After receiving  disturbing news from a gentleman from a DB subscriber living in the UK  that he and a circle of friends had each spent thousands of dollars purchasing DVDs of various GM Doo Wai performances of advanced Bok FU Pai meditations from a website operated by a person named "ausar" with URL "ausar.org", and then debunking for this British person the claim on that website that "ausar" currently is or was recently a private student of GM Doo Wai, which I (along with Sifu Garry Hearfield, and Sifu's Tom and Joel Rizzo and their student Sifu "Nick" in Los Angeles) knew to be absolutely impossible, since GM Doo Wai has been 100% retired and physically incapacitated for the past ten (10) years and has had the use of only one arm and can not speak well at all throughout this 10 year period, I took a good look 3 weeks ago at the ausar.org website.

Then I proceeded to contact GM Doo Wai to ask him if he had ever taught somone named "ausar" and had authorized him to teach any aspect or part of Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu or its internal energy arts.  GM Doo Wai answered with a laugh and said that he couldn't remember and moreover stated emphatically that he could not teach anyone since he was bedridden 10 YEARS AGO.  That said, it is obvious that any person claiming to have been a private student of GM Doo Wai within the past 10 years is a fraud and a brazen liar.

After discussing this troubling information brought to me by "Mr. X" from the UK  with moderators at Daobums, and after reviewing the incredible amount of my time and energy already wasted in the past spent on identifying similar trolls (called "sock puppets" by the moderators) attempting to divert subscribers of this FPCK practice thread to the site of a "scammer" and getting them banned, the moderators advised me that I should try to get an official statement from GM Doo Wai  as to which persons have been authorized by him to teach Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu arts, and to publish this list for the benefit of all interested in legitimate and ethical practice of Bok Fu Pai, so that they can readily avoid being misled by trolls and fraudsters cynically trying to fleece the unwary, the unsophisticated, and the overly-idealistic by selling them very expensive programs promising instant enlightenment and bliss.

So, here for starters, is a 4-minute video recording of the Skype conversation I had with Grandmaster Doo Wai on June 3, 2018, during which he confirmed for me that he has authorized only the following five (5) persons to teach Bok Fu Pai arts throughout the world--Sifu Garry Hearfield, Sifu Tom Rizzo, Sifu Joel Rizzo, the Rizzo's former student "Sifu Nick" , and myself,  Plus a sixth person mentioned by GM Doo Wai named "Dennis" (I think) who I am in the process of trying to dentify and then hope to contact.

* Please excuse the lack of picture on GM Doo Wai's end.  As you can see, he had trouble pointing his computer camera at himself. But I also sensed that he did not want to be captured on video for the duration of our conversation and be seen unshaven, in his hospital nightgown  and with earbuds on to hear the Skype audio.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

From what it appears, it's editing done badly by Ausar. If he were indeed in a conversation with GMDW, my guess is that he didn't record it live, he had the clip playing that he saved as a file and timed the clip to GMDW saying yes as though he were responding to him.

Ausar's form is also not good--he moves very much like someone who has done a modicum of training before but passes himself off as a highly skilled master--he is most certainly not. 

I shall quote Tibetan Yoga and The Secret Doctrines, Carlos Castaneda, and the I-Ching--all sources posted by Sifu Terry himself as reminders for everyone and good for newcomers to read for those who wish to have the wisdom to match the skill of a Flying Phoenix student. These are most appropriate for the situation here. 

"The superior man confronts his (subconscious) problems; therefore he does not experience them (manifested)." - Carlos Castaneda, The Journey to Ixtlan

Wind and thunder: the image of INCREASE.
	Thus the superior man:
	If he sees good, he imitates it;
	If he has faults, he rids himself of them.

The I-Ching, Wilhelm-Baynes translation

Walter Evans-Wentz's Tibetan Yoga and the Secret Doctrines:

X. THE TEN ERRORS

(1) Weakness of faith combined with strength of intellect are apt to lead to the error of talkativeness.

(2) Strength of faith combined with weakness of intellect are apt to lead to the error of narrow-minded dogmatism.

(3) Great zeal without adequate religious instruction is apt to lead to the error of going to erroneous extremes {or follow- ing misleading paths].

(4) Meditation without sufficient preparation through having heard and pondered the Doctrine is apt to lead to the error of losing oneself in the darkness of unconsiousness. This refers to that mental chaos or delusion which is the antithesis of the mental discipline acquired by right practice of yoga under a wise guru's guidance.

(5) Without practical and adequate understanding of the Doctrine, one is apt to lead to the error of religious self-conceit.

(6) Unless the mind be trained to selflessness and infinite compassion, one is apt to lead to the error of seeking liberation for self alone.

(7) Unless the mind be disciplined by knowledge of its own immaterial nature, one is apt to lead to the error of diverting all activities along the path of worldliness.

(8) Unless all worldly ambitions be eradicated, one is apt to fall into the error of allowing oneself to be dominated by worldly motives.

(9) By permitting credulous and vulgar admirers to congregate about thee, there is liability of falling into the error of becoming puffed up with worldly pride.

(10) By boasting of one's occult learning and powers, one is liable to fall into the error of proudly exhibiting proficiency in worldly rites. No true master of the occult sciences ever allows himself to boast or make public exhibition of his yogic powers. It is only in secret initiations of disciples, as was the case with Marpa, that they are shown, if at all.  

These are The Ten Errors.

XVI. THE TEN SIGNS OF A SUPERIOR MAN

(1) To have but little pride and envy is the sign of a superior man.

(2) To have but few desires and satisfaction with simple things is the sign of a superior man.

(3) To be lacking in hypocrisy and deceit is the sign of a superior man.

(4) To regulate one's conduct in accordance with the law of cause and effect as carefully as one guardeth the pupils of one's eyes is the sign of a superior man.

(5) To be faithful to one's engagements and obligations is the sign of a superior man.

(6) To be able to keep alive friendships while one [at the same time] regardeth all beings with impartiality is the sign of a superior man.

(7) To look with pity and without anger upon those who live evilly is the sign of a superior man.

(8) To allow unto others the victory, taking unto oneself the defeat, is the sign of a superior man.

(9) To differ from the multitude in every thought and action is the sign of a superior man.

(10) To observe faithfully and without pride one's vows of chastity and piety is the sign of a superior man.

These are The Ten Signs Of A Superior Man.

Their opposites are The Ten Signs Of An Inferior Man.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 9

23 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

From what it appears, it's editing done badly by Ausar. If he were indeed in a conversation with GMDW, my guess is that he didn't record it live, he had the clip playing that he saved as a file and timed the clip to GMDW saying yes as though he were responding to him.

This is the feeling that I got too.

Also the claim at the end of that video about enlightenment shows it's bogus.

In addition this situation is something that I foresaw happening if I write about my teacher, that fakes will surface who claim to have been his students.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

~~~ ADMIN NOTICE ~~~

THis thread has been moved to a PPD so that zen-bear can manage the content as he sees fit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

~~~ ADMIN NOTICE ~~~

This thread has been moved to a PPD so that zen-bear can manage the content as he sees fit.

• Like 1

TO THE FLYING PHOENIX QIGONG COMMUNITY AND TO THOSE INTERESTED IN OTHER ARTS UNDER THE EHRMEI MOUNTAIN BOK FU PAI (WHITE TIGER) KUNG FU UMBRELLA:

Coming next (and soon) on the heels of this posting will be a long  audio recording that I made on July 1, in which Grandmaster Doo Wai replies in detail to my questions of whether he had (A)  taught anyone named "ausar",  (B)  taught anyone as a private student in the past ten (10) years,  (C)   encouraged, empowered, or commissioned any student of his in particular to teach "enlightenment to the world" by teaching Bok fu Pai and/or by selling DVDs of the grandmaster's demonstrations of various arts, and (D) whether he had ever heard of Kriya Yoga or condoned the blending or combining of Bok Fu Pai arts with anything having to do with Kriya Yoga.  Here's a slight foreshadowing with a spoiler alert:  GM Doo Wai's  reaction to my questions was ASTONISHMENT  and LAUGHED A LOT in answering me several times.  And then he thanked me for making and publishing his statement.

Be careful of what you wish for; you may get.

Sifu Terence Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

As an excellent and powerful complement  to FP Qigong training, I recommend Tao Tan Pai Basic 31 Nei Kung Exercises ("Taoist Elixir Method"), which about eight or more former senior students of the late Taoist priest Share K. Lew (all residing in the western states) are fully versed in (along with the higher levels of Tao Tan Pai).  GM Lew was a high-level, equal peer and friend of my teacher, GM Doo Wai.  As GM Doo Wai put it, "he's a good Kung Fu man."

In exactly 2 weeks, I am giving a 22-hour immersive workshop in the Tao Tan Pai 31 at the Eastover Estate in Lenox, MA.  This is my description of the 8-session course, starting Thursday evening and ending Sunday July 29 at noontime:

Tao Tan Pai 31 Meditations is the basic health and self-healing Qigong training of the Tao Tan Pai Kung Fu system, an authentic Taoist monastic system of hygienics that originated during China’s Tang Dynasty and is attributed to Lu Deng Bin, the leader of the Eight Taoist Immortals (saints) and was preserved for 23 generations mostly at the Ancient Temple of the Yellow Dragon ( 黃龍古殿 Huanglong Guguan ) near Mt. Luohu in China’s Guangdong province before Taoist priest Share Lew brought the art to America in 1968.  Tan Pai Qigong traditionally has been the secret engine that develops the natural body mechanics and tangible superabundance of energy that empowers the Tao Tan Pai Kung Fu.  Thus it is the perfect complement and support for any athletic activity besides martial arts.  During this weekend workshop, you learn the 15 standing and 16 seated meditations known as the Tao Tan Pai Basic 31.  You will also learn what is known as the Short Form Power Yoga, consisting of five of the 31 meditations, which is an essential distillation of the 31 meditation system, handily designed for daily practice of approximately 35-40 minutes.

As Joolian, Earl Grey,  Tao Stillness and other FPCK practitioners have verified for themselves and had confirmations from Eric Isen, Taoist Elixir Method Kung Fu and Nei Kung--the entire system-- is fantastic foundational catalyst that supports and enhances the health benefits imparted by Flying Phoenix Qigong training.

Registration info is here:

http://www.eastover.com/workshop/tao-tan-pai-with-master-terry-dunn.html

btw, this TTP-31 workshop coming up will be an absolute hoot, because attending will be my biggest fan and booster in China who came to my FP Qigong Workshop at Eastover last year:  the genius architect-poet Haim Dotan (Israel-born and USC-educated) who teaches out of Shanghai, and who built the breath-taking Zhengjiagie glass pedestrian bridge in Hunan province that opened in the spring of 2017 (with a budget of $40 million euros).  If you want to see the phantasmagorically organic creations of a natural-born Taoist,  Google "Haim Dotan images."  Enjoy.

Hope to see lots of you in 2 weeks at Eastover.

Sifu Terry Dunn.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4