Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

23 hours ago, dawei said:

~~~ ADMIN NOTICE ~~~

This thread has been moved to a PPD so that zen-bear can manage the content as he sees fit.

This will be my last contribution to this thread, I have no intention of opening myself up to further ridicule or attacks on my persona and will not allow the type of character assassination that other members such as Silum (go back to the 2012 posts to see evidence of this) have suffered as a result of having challenged anything Terry Dunn has said or taught here.

My only reason for posting now is to make absolutely sure that someone here points out the degree of despotism which is now manifesting even within the forum admin. There is no place for this to take place on a public forum, nor do I see any reason why Terry Dunn - who did not even start this thread in the first place - should be given the right and authority to edit out and remove anyone else's contributions, whether he agrees with the content or not. I have never ever witnessed this sort of abuse take place on any other public forum, and quite frankly the moderators should be bloody well ashamed of themselves for showing such obvious bias. This behaviour is undemocratic to say the least. I cannot believe the venom in Terry Dunn's reaction to my last post, is this the mark of a supposedly enlightened teacher? Well, I'll leave that up to you to decide. Catch this post before it is removed, just like Ausar's video... Good luck to all of you.

2 hours ago, DSCB57 said:

This will be my last contribution to this thread, I have no intention of opening myself up to further ridicule or attacks on my persona and will not allow the type of character assassination that other members such as Silum (go back to the 2012 posts to see evidence of this) have suffered as a result of having challenged anything Terry Dunn has said or taught here.

My only reason for posting now is to make absolutely sure that someone here points out the degree of despotism which is now manifesting even within the forum admin. There is no place for this to take place on a public forum, nor do I see any reason why Terry Dunn - who did not even start this thread in the first place - should be given the right and authority to edit out and remove anyone else's contributions, whether he agrees with the content or not. I have never ever witnessed this sort of abuse take place on any other public forum, and quite frankly the moderators should be bloody well ashamed of themselves for showing such obvious bias. This behaviour is undemocratic to say the least. I cannot believe the venom in Terry Dunn's reaction to my last post, is this the mark of a supposedly enlightened teacher? Well, I'll leave that up to you to decide. Catch this post before it is removed, just like Ausar's video... Good luck to all of you.

First, this is not a public forum but privately owned and run.

Second, we could just close the thread and let zen-bear open a new one but the longevity of its following and purpose makes it seemingly better to keep one thread instead of two.  If zen-bear wanted to start a new one, it would be no different than what we did.

The PPD has been around a long time so there is nothing new with its use.  It is a good environment for someone to control content and there is some discussion going on about 'clubs' would likely be somewhat similar.

• Like 4

On 7/10/2018 at 11:33 PM, DSCB57 said:

The more you talk, the more you should be quiet.

Nobody has insulted you over the duration of time you have been posting in this thread. However, your level of disrespect and accusations and insistence that you are insufferable is why most people have ignored you until the insults erupted from your mouth, which include both calling me arrogant and insisting that Sifu Terry was obfuscating the truth, even though he has already posted a video from GMDW confirming who is authorized to teach Bok Fu Pai and who is not.

Ausar and all associated accounts have drawn the ire of the mods here as a direct result of others who have been wrongfully cheated out of a significant sum of money. It appears that the charm and glamour from Ausar's shoddy web site and video that had been ornamented by faux oriental mystique music have enchanted you so deeply that you are thus prevented from recognizing the smoke and mirrors that deceive you. If we observe the parallel intrigue of individuals that include Count Victor Lustig and Bernie Madoff or Violet Charlesworth and Ryley Cruz, we find the apocryphal saying often misattributed to P.T. Barnum best characterizes you and Ausar's more vocal supporters: "There's a sucker born every minute". 

Let us also mention how earlier you thought I was insulting you in our first interaction here when I was neither talking to you or referring to you, nor had I any interest in you whatsoever. I was quite content to remain indifferent to any of the morbid drivel you spouted until you raised accusations against Sifu Terry's statement in defense of Ausar while trying to assert yourself from a position of a moral high ground. Unfortunately, you never held that moral high ground due to another thread here, where you have alleged that it was a mistake for GMDW to appoint the individuals he did to represent him in Europe and Australia. Not only were you bemoaning the difficulty of having instruction or reaching out to certain individuals, but you were seeking validation for your disappointment from other members while at the same time demanding those instructors' attention be dedicated to you. That level of entitlement speaks volumes. 

If you are trying to present yourself as whistleblower and truth seeker, you have not only failed miserably in doing so by the above text summarizing your behavior, you have instead given us a compelling spectacle that is far more characteristic of a tempestuous child becoming far more desperate and violent in demanding attention. By trying to be the sensible man and a voice of reason while completely lacking in self-awareness, you have instead succeeded in making yourself appear completely pathetic. 

Is it not time that you let go of this and accept the veracity of the facts provided by Sifu Terry and GM Doo Wai? Is it not enough that you have embarrassed yourself already by acting as petulant and self-righteous as you have? 

A wise man once said never to prolong arguments with fools as you try to out them for their foolishness--they will prove themselves to you and everyone else much better, much sooner, and much more compellingly on their own. 

I hope you will find enjoyment with Ausar, for the rest of us would love to return to our discussion on Flying Phoenix and for you to be truly happy with the individual you have chosen to align yourself with due to your own stated desire to depart from this discussion. 

Edited by Earl Grey
word accidentally repeated and replaced with proper synonym
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, DSCB57 said:

The videos seem to prove what Sifu Terry said well enough. Subsequently, the authorization video that Ausar posted seems highly doctored. Lastly, anyone charging 2000 to 10000 dollars for a sequence of videos or teachings to attain enlightenment is a scam artist, plain and simple. Any spiritual practitioner knows that money cannot be the gatekeeper to enlightenment, and that money in fact corrupts and inhibits enlightenment. Every sage has taught this.

Whoever Ausar is, he isn't using a real name, and thus isn't trustworthy. That alone is enough. 

• Like 4

Quick question:

Does anyone else get hungry immediately following Flying Phoenix?

I find that I get fairly ravenous after my practice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maybe said:

Quick question:

I find that it tends to help us lose weight because it curbs the hunger pangs. It may be when you practice and how your schedule of meals is and what you're eating in relation to the times you practice. 

On 7/11/2018 at 8:35 PM, Maybe said:

Quick question:

Hi Maybe,

My experience over many years has has been that after I teach my standard two-hour Flying Phoenix Qigong class, that everyone in the class has a very good appetite and rush to go either home or to a restaurant to eat.  (btw, as reported in the early years of this thread, many students who to to restaurants after a Qigong class or their personal practice report that their energy precedes them and that the second they walk in through the doors of an eating establishment, many people automatically turn to look at them out from all parts of the room in a way that's out of the ordinary.)

Now two hours is a solid FP Qigong practice and common sense will tell you that just the duration of doing any physical activity for 2 hours --let alone FP stationary and moving meditations-- will steadily deplete one's energy stores, especially if you practice starting 3 to 5 hours after your last meal. But FP Qigong practice indeed does whet the appetite.  Not only that, food tastes better because all sensory organs are "reset" to a pristine level. 

But I also recall in my earlier years of practice (the 90's) that FP Qigong's perfectly holistic, systemic regulatory effects also resulted in reducing my unconscious cravings whenever I was working frenetically in a super-focussed-and-perhaps-stressed-out mode with not enough sleep and eating too much to put more energy (chi frumentarium) into my system.

Any one else experience increased appetite and/or better natural regulation of unconscious over-eating?

Thanks.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

Thanks for the response Sifu Terry.

I've taken it as a normal bodily response to exercise, because the standing meditations definitely work up a sweat. My guess is that the aim is to get to a point where the poses, movements, and forms can all be practiced without feeling the body at all, to allow for the sensation of energy and the clearing of the mind.

That's the aim, and the reason I've been practicing daily. I definitely notice after a day of not being able to practice at the regular time or having to do a lesser practice due to a busy schedule or some other reason, the benefits are still there, but less pronounced. As soon as I start back up again, the benefits all flood back.

All in all, I'm loving this system and I can't wait for my paycheck to get the rest of the videos (even though I suspect I'll be working through discs 1 and 2 for a solid 6 months at least before moving to more intermediate forms). 

• Like 1

Ok , so this is my first time reading the fp thread for a while and im quite shocked at which direction it has took ,

but mostly I am really surprised no one has mentioned the way Terry is talking to gmdw ? quite rude and very pushy.

I am not linked with anyone in this strange goings on but as a practioner of gmdw's arts I had to speak my peace.

• Thanks 1

I watched the interaction between Sifu Terry and GM Doo Wai. Having worked in my career with people who have had brain dysfunction due to one reason or another I can understand that Sifu Terry was trying to keep GMDW focused on the questions. Otherwise, his mind would have wandered all over the place and there would be no answers. I have had to use similar ways to communicate with my brain dysfunctioned clients over the years to create some kind of organization that their brains were lacking. 

It is amazing that GM Doo Wai is able to speak at all considering the number of strokes he has suffered. And I did not detect any rudeness in the tone of Sifu Terry's voice. Sifu Terry was applying the external control that GM Doo Wai's internal mental status currently lacks. That is how I perceived it. 

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So what ever happened to Max Gerber, Rich Robson, Vincent Peppers, J.T. Rathbone, Michael Newman, Parker Linekin, and Carl Totton and all the other's that have been certified and authorized to teach? Did the Grandmaster revoke their knowledge and endorsements? 

1 hour ago, tao stillness said:

I watched the interaction between Sifu Terry and GM Doo Wai. Having worked in my career with people who have had brain dysfunction due to one reason or another I can understand that Sifu Terry was trying to keep GMDW focused on the questions. Otherwise, his mind would have wandered all over the place and there would be no answers. I have had to use similar ways to communicate with my brain dysfunctioned clients over the years to create some kind of organization that their brains were lacking. 

It is amazing that GM Doo Wai is able to speak at all considering the number of strokes he has suffered. And I did not detect any rudeness in the tone of Sifu Terry's voice. Sifu Terry was applying the external control that GM Doo Wai's internal mental status currently lacks. That is how I perceived it. 

Isn't that considered "leading" when you take control of a situation with a brain dysfunctioned individual and pressure them into answering and responding the way you want? Sure, it can be used to keep someone focused on conversation, but it's also used to illicit a specified response. Can I have Doo Wai's private skype please? I'm relatively charming and coercive. I wonder what other strange and magnificent things I might get him to say. If he's brain dysfunctioned; perhaps he's not a rational, well thinking man susceptible to being preyed on by obnoxiously unrelenting students; in which case, would his comments today be of any value at all?

No offense, but Doo Wai did mention Dennis? a couple times while Terry talked over him and it looked like Terry was only interested in securing "his" list of names; not the ones Doo Wai was trying to mention. Doo Wai did not give a list of names. Terry gave a list of names that fumbling old man simply said yes to. 

Edited by IronMarshall
Important concept
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/11/2018 at 8:35 PM, Maybe said:

Quick question:

Hello Maybe,

My only practice is a 10-15 minute Long Form (DVD #4). Upon completing the meditation during day time, a healthy kind of appetite arises for me too, enabling me to digest more than usual. Yet, if I'm feeling some munchies at an inappropriate time, like around bed time, after the session all cravings are gone, leaving me totally satisfied. So, my guess is that FP energy has its intelligence as to know when to start your digestive fire and when to curb your appetite based on your true needs.

Edited by Enchanted Garden
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, IronMarshall said:

So what ever happened to Max Gerber, Rich Robson, Vincent Peppers, J.T. Rathbone, Michael Newman, Parker Linekin, and Carl Totton and all the other's that have been certified and authorized to teach? Did the Grandmaster revoke their knowledge and endorsements? 

Isn't that considered "leading" when you take control of a situation with a brain dysfunctioned individual and pressure them into answering and responding the way you want? Sure, it can be used to keep someone focused on conversation, but it's also used to illicit a specified response. Can I have Doo Wai's private skype please? I'm relatively charming and coercive. I wonder what other strange and magnificent things I might get him to say. If he's brain dysfunctioned; perhaps he's not a rational, well thinking man susceptible to being preyed on by obnoxiously unrelenting students; in which case, would his comments today be of any value at all?

No offense, but Doo Wai did mention Dennis? a couple times while Terry talked over him and it looked like Terry was only interested in securing "his" list of names; not the ones Doo Wai was trying to mention. Doo Wai did not give a list of names. Terry gave a list of names that fumbling old man simply said yes to. 

exactly what I was thinking

• Like 2

On 7/9/2018 at 3:00 PM, zen-bear said:

TO THE FLYING PHOENIX QIGONG COMMUNITY AND TO THOSE INTERESTED IN OTHER ARTS UNDER THE EHRMEI MOUNTAIN BOK FU PAI (WHITE TIGER) KUNG FU UMBRELLA:

Coming next (and soon) on the heels of this posting will be a long  audio recording that I made on July 1, in which Grandmaster Doo Wai replies in detail to my questions of whether he had (A)  taught anyone named "ausar",  (B)  taught anyone as a private student in the past ten (10) years,  (C)   encouraged, empowered, or commissioned any student of his in particular to teach "enlightenment to the world" by teaching Bok fu Pai and/or by selling DVDs of the grandmaster's demonstrations of various arts, and (D) whether he had ever heard of Kriya Yoga or condoned the blending or combining of Bok Fu Pai arts with anything having to do with Kriya Yoga.  Here's a slight foreshadowing with a spoiler alert:  GM Doo Wai's  reaction to my questions was ASTONISHMENT  and LAUGHED A LOT in answering me several times.  And then he thanked me for making and publishing his statement.

As the Motown group the Temptations sang in the 60;s:  "GET READY, CUZ HERE IT COMES."

Sifu Terence Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

To all FP Qigong Practitioners and subscribers to this discussion thread:

I just got back to my base in Lenox, MA after spending four days in Cambridge during which I gave a talk at a salon of eminent Chinese scholars affiliated with the Harvard Medical School and Harvard's Fairbanks Center for Chinese Studies.  My presentation of both Tao Tan Pai and Bok Fu Pai as ancient Taoist monastic traditions of martial-yogic-healing-spiritua art  to top Chinese cultural historians and one eminent lineage holder of a TCM tradition went very well.  Details forthcoming in separate post.  All that is to explain the reason for the lag in posting what I had promised to post on July 9 in the above posting.

Well, after extensive hours spent laboring on Final Cut Pro, here finally is the promised audio recording of my conversation with Grandmaster Doo Wai on July 1, 2018, in which I asked him to confirm whether he has taught any students within the past 9 years or authorized anybody claiming to have been his private student within the last 9 years to teach Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu arts.  He answered several times with an emphatic "NO!" because he states clearly that he has been incapacitated, bedridden, and unable to speak.

When I told him about a person apparently named "ausar" with the ausar.org website claiming that he had been authorized by GM Doo Wai to teach advanced Bok Fu Pai arts to "enlighten the world", GM Doo Wai (starting at approx. 3:00 min. on the Timecode) guffawed and laughed heartily in wonderment--no doubt as if he was hearing this for the very first time). Then GM Doo Wai continues to make fun of it and says in a jocular tone laughingly, "OK...meaning "OK, whatever"--and continues to laugh.

I hope this published conversation will clear up any questions and delusions anyone might have about the authenticity of claims made on the ausar.org site that "ausar" is a high-level private student of GM Doo Wai who has been encouraged, authorized, and charged by Grandmaster Doo Wai to "enlighten the world" with his advanced knowledge.  As I have told several persons apparently duped by this ausar.org site and taken for a lot of money (upwards of $1,999--which I first learned from a moderator who sent me a copy of the "LOC's" price list on the ausar.org site) for its media program that promises enlightenment transcendence of innumerable  LOC's ("level of consciousness").  But now I am truly head-spun and now still shaking my head in amazement after reviewing "Maybe"'s earlier post on July 10 at 3:08 PM, and am reminded that the products advertised on that site  (which I assume Maybe has accurately reported) tallies up to $10,000.

This is the name of the program to be aware of and to avoid--as forwarded to me by a moderator in response to my forwarding a complaint filed to me by "Jamie" from the UK who explained that some friends of his had paid "big money" to collect GM Doo Wai videos from the "ausar" site.  This descripition was written by another DB subscriber--outside of my correspondence with "Jamie"-- who used it to inform moderators of the scam:

RASA's  (Ramaji Advaita Shaktipat Attunements) to increase LOC (level of consciousness) via transmission of cosmic light, and best of all, a whole bunch of levels to gauge progress by...These levels are numbered 30 to 1000.

Thus I took the time that I don't actually have to spare--42 hours in total--to make these Youtube postings of 2 videos and one audio recording of my July conversations with Grandmaster Doo Wai as a public service as advised to do by the moderators.   My hope--along with that of the mods-- is that with these clear pronouncements by Grandmaster Doo Wai of his list of five Bok Fu Pai instructors authorized to teach the  throughout the world, the fairly warned subscribers to this thread will no longer be attractive or easy marks for the same scam-artists and others trying to palm themselves off has being enlightened and possessing miraculous spiritual powers allegedly transmitted to them by GM Doo Wai that in turn enables them to charge you what they will--in the most recent case, $1,999 to $10,000--for a guaranteed path to bliss and enlightenment.  Pulleez.

And PLEASE, everybody be on guard and keep your critical minds turned on at all times--except when you sleep and when you do non-FP Qigong meditations.  And I say "non-FP Qigong meditations" to bring this posting back to  the topic of FP Qigong training:  bear in mind that all of the FP Qigong meditations--except for just a couple fo the seated MSW meditations (e.g., "glued palms" on MSW #3 [90 80 50 20]-- do not require any form of visualization whatsoever.  And this feature thus enables the practitioner to engage in any type mentation while doing the FP Qigong meditation. So you can keep critical mind razor sharp while in FP Meditations and think through all the scams that you may have encountered in your lifetimes and unfortunately on this thread...and reconstruct those encounters...and acknowledge how you handled the deception either correctly or incorrectly, by either seeing it coming or getting bit by it.  If you do this once in a while while in FP Meditations, you will still derive the same salient health benefits as you would through any other correct practice session.  And you will be wiser.

Sifu Terence Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 7/13/2018 at 12:30 PM, IronMarshall said:

IronMarshall,

I am certainly open to asking GM Doo Wai again--and as many times as necessary on an ongoing basis into the future  to demonstrate all other interested parties that there is no coercion or manipulation going on here whatsoever--for the purpose of fulfilling some personal agenda that you imply that I have. 

Isn't that considered "leading" when you take control of a situation with a brain dysfunctioned individual and pressure them into answering and responding the way you want?

For your information, other than a speech impediment, GM Doo Wai is NOT  a "brain-dysfunctioned individual" as you groundlessly stated in your attempt to accuse me of trying to force answers from him that you allege I wanted.  He did not suffer any permanent brain damage from his debilitating strokes 10 years ago.  GM Doo Wai presently has no problems with cognition, processing information,  forming thoughts on his own, answering questions, or memory recall.  While he could not remember the percentage breath control sequence of a particular Qigong exercise that I wanted him to confirm for me, he didn't have any problem remembering details from 25 years ago of what Bok Fu Pai arts he had taught different members in our Los Angeles class from 1991 through 1997.   For example, as seen and heard on the video recording of our July 3 Skype conversation, when I made a statement in passing that I had been steadily practicing  the advanced Qigong system called "10,000 Buddhas Meditations", he acknowledged that he remembered the fact that he had taught this art only to Jeffrey Roth, Tino Baguio and to myself.  Without me asking any question, he just interjected "Right" when I mentioned the three of us who had learned this art form him.  (He even remembered that he had taught each one of us a different set of the three sets of 18 meditations that comprise this system, totally 54 meditations.  And once each of us had learned "our" first set of 18, he had us teach the other two in an exchange, so that in the end, each of us had learned 54 Meditations.)  GM Doo Wai has trouble only on certain occasions in finding the words in English to express himself.  On some days he is able to express his thoughts in words very clearly and articulately; on other days he has trouble speaking in complete sentences and struggles to find the right word(s).  And he gets very frustrated on those days when he wants to speak but cannot find the words.  However, over the past 2.5 months after he started contacting me again regularly, when we spoke via Skype, he was very lucid and mentally alert on every occasion.  On almost every occasion,  it was I who had to excuse myself and ask to end the conversation because I had to get back to my work and other obligations, while he wanted to continue talking.  

Sure, it can be used to keep someone focused on conversation, but it's also used to illicit a specified response.

Quite the contrary, for when I explained in this morning's  posting of GM Doo Wai's approved audiotaped (July 1) phone conversation with me in which he laughed  out loud when I told him that some persons claimed to have learned from him as private students within the last 9 years (such as "ausar", who has been banned from this blogsite), I was prompted by moderators of Daobums to get GM Doo Wai to pronounce and publish a list of certified Bok Fu Pai instructors for the purpose of protecting unsuspecting and indeed gullible beginners from falling prey to a couple of very tenacious crews of scam-artists selling performance videos of GM Doo Wai that were originally stolen from him by an outlaw student, which he never wanted published or distributed, let alone sold at exorbitant and predatory prices by fake "masters"--and with none of the monies going to him.  Every time a new set of fake screennames (called sock-puppets by the moderators) are ferreted out by the very IT-capable moderators , they get instantly banned from the Daobums site.

My purpose in getting this list of authorized Bok Fu Pai instructors from GM Doo Wai is solely to get his wishes accurately published and into the public domain to set the record straight.  And so have the mass-innoculating effect that would protect innocent and earnest students of Flying Phoenix and other Bok Fu Pai arts from being duped and victimized by charlatans and fake masters claiming to be private students of GM Doo Wai, who unfortunately have shown of late that they are more determined than ever to foist their scams on the unwary and gullible.  They most recently reached new highs in disrupting and derailing the central discussion of this thread--by fleecing a good number of people of a lot of money by selling them video programs showing GM Doo Wai demonstrating Bok Fu Pai Meditations that he had publicly denounced eleven years ago as having been stolen from him by a james lacy.  (See his Youtube video below.)

But your post did make me realize that GM Doo Wai's list is actually incomplete.  I was so focussed on following the advice of the Daobums moderators to clear the air of the present flotation of lies and absurdities tainting this thread that were foisted by one particular scam-site and it operators, and debunking the ridiculous lies this person has posted, stating that he was a present private student of GM Doo Wai--which every student of GM Doo Wai over the past 10 years knows is absolutely impossible because they know that he has been incapacitated and bedridden since 2008 when he suffered a series for four strokes, that I forgot that one of GM Doo Wai's earlier senior students, Sifu Kevin Ulmer, a top-notch breaker of everything from icebergs to coconuts, is still around, healthy, potent and a good teacher.  We had lunch in L.A. about 4 years ago and caught up after he returned to California from a long stay in the southeast because it was Kevin Ulmer and the late Bob Eberhart who came to L.A. with GM Doo Wai almost every week for 6 years to help him teach the circle of students that I had formed for him from 1991 to 1997.  So I will naturally ask GM Doo Wai about one of his most senior students, Kevin Ulmer (not that there would be any question of whether he is qualified).

As for "Dennis", I thought I had heard him mention a name like that but we were talking at the same time and I didn't hear it clearly.   Do you know Dennis's last name?

And do you--or anyone out there-- happen to know the last name if Sifu "Nick" who was a one-time student of Tom and Joel Rizzo?  GM Doo Wai clearly mentioned his name to me.

I never put anyone's name in the mouth of GM Doo Wai as far as authorized Bok Fu Pai instructors go. 

(a)   I mentioned the Rizzo brothers because he had regularly mentioned them and their school in Westwood, CA to me in recent years. 

(b)  And of course I knew Garry Hearfield was authorized because GM Doo Wai publicly acknowledged him some 10 years ago on his Myspace page, calling for everyone to "go support Garry Hearfield in Australia".  Sifu Hearfield, a good friend, was a fully certified master of Yau Kang Mun Kung Fu before he learned Bok Fu Pai, and as a result of this great background (and because he trains like a beast), Garry received all of GM Doo Wai's most powerful family kung fu arts:  Bok Fu Pai, Ehrmei Mountain Bak Mei, and Tibetan Burning Palm, as well as other more compact arts.  I compare notes with Sihing Garry constantly and know his level of kung fu is high ever since we started Skyping in 2009 after meeting on this FPCK thread.

(c)  Since GM Doo Wai mentioned Sifu "Nick" I am looking forward to meeting "Nick" (...although the Rizzo's have not yet returned my phone call from 3 ago asking for his last  name.)

At any rate, not mentioning Sifu Kevin Ulmer to GM Doo Wai was a definite oversight on my part and I will correct it.  And again, the reason for the oversight was that I was all-out busy getting verbal and video proof from GM Doo Wai that he has NOT taught anyone anything substantial over the past 9 years because of his tragic health situation, in order to debunk the fairy tale that "ausar" had spun of being GM's private student most recently.  Because GM Doo Wai has been Skyping me on the average of every other day for the past 2.5 months, the next time I Skype with him,  I will  mention to him the names that you listed at the top of your post--but only  those  who have no ties whatsoever to james Lacy, whom GM Doo Wai has publicly disavowed and condemned for more than 27 years (i.e., since I first started training with the Grandmaster in 1991). 

One name I will NOT mention--because I know with absolute certainty that this particular person has NEVER been authorized nor would EVER be authorized to teach the Bok Fu Pai  system by GM Doo Wai in a million life times--even if he were versed in it--is  Carl Totton.  First of all, I received a black sash instructor's certification from Totton in Tao Tan Pai Kung Fu and So. Sil Lum 5 Animals Kung Fu in 1983.  (At the time of  my certification, the only other other instructor he gave a black sash to was Sifu Steve Baugh who runs the excellent  Lohan Shaolin School in Las Vegas.  And witnessing my certification test in 1983 and participating in the final fight against multiple attackers was Bill Helm, Vince Black, and my classmate Hugh Morison, plus a good sized audience of students and friends.)  While Totton is extremely well trained  and lethal in Mok Gar, Sil Lum 5 Animals Kung Fu,  and Tao Tan Pai Internal, and in Yau Kang Mun, he is not versed in Bok Fu Pai.  In fact, after I blew the whistle on him to Ed Parker, Ron Chapel, Doug Wong, AND GM Share K. Lew (with the support and of a separate stand-alone complaint by Hugh Morison) and other martial peers in LA, in October of 1986 (3 years after I had left his school) when 3 young students in their early 20's (Adrienne Matthews,  Michael Franklin, and Vincent Chin [who I believe was only 19]) wound up  physically on my doorstep with true and verified (and still verifiable) stories of sexual abuse at the hands of totton while he was doing "psychotherapy" on them inside the "Taoist Institute" in North Hollywood, CA,  I filled GM Doo Wai in on this nasty scandal soon after I began training with him in 1991.  I was there when GM Doo Wai told totton's teacher in Tao Tan Pai (and my teacher also through 1992), Share K. Lew, point-blank:  "I don't like that"--just for starters.   For all the years that I learned from GM Doo Wai, every student in our group knew about totton's crimes as directly reported by these 3 victims.  And GM Doo Wai would regularly say, let's call them, non-flattering things about his character.  So you can strike that one of your list, IronMarshall.

You can check with Sifu Douglas Wong, my senior classmate in Tao Tan Pai, Sifu Todd Takeuchi, and my classmate Sifu Hugh Morison who actively teaches Tao Tan Pai in L.A.,  Bill Helm, Director of the San Diego Taoist Sanctuary for the past 35+ years, and of course, Master Ron Chapel to confirm that everything  I have stated here about Carl Totton is true.  So to set the record straight, Totton does not have Bok Fu Pai KF knowledge.  In fact, he had expressly told Doug Wong when Doug was playing an early super-8 color film at his Van Nuys studio of GM Doo Wai doing the Bok Fu Pai "Big Cross" form that GM Doo Wai's teachings didn't impress him and that he had no interest in learning from GM Doo Wai.  Not only because he dissed GM Doo Wai's Kung Fu on that one occasion in Sifu Doug Wong's studio in Van Nuys,  he has no chance of ever being positively regarded by GM Doo Wai --to this day--let alone be authorized to teach his system.

And then at my invitation, Prof. Ron Chapel attended our weekly or bi-monthly classes with GM Doo Wai for more than a year to learn some of his self-healing methods.  So everyone in Doo Wai's Los Angeles cadre of students--including Ron Chapel in the same room with us-- knew about Carl Totton, and the Grandmaster himself was actually thee most savage and vocal in lambasting,  mocking and belittling his behavior.  And GM Doo Wai also made his sentiments clearly known to a couple of students from the Taoist Inst. who wound up visiting our class through Warrington Hudlin.  One was a known tv actor named Vondi.

So I don't know where in the world you could have gotten the notion that Carl Totton was ever or could ever be designated a Bok Fu Pai instructor.  Hosting a visit by GM Doo Wai at his school in the 70's or 80's doesn't make him a lineage holder.  And as you probably  know, along with Garry Hearfield and every other experienced student of BFP,  the BFP Internal arts are totally different in methodology and alchemy from those of all other martial arts like Shaolin, Tao Tan Pai and Tai Chi.  There is not even the remotest similarity.

But the next time Grandmaster Doo Wai Skypes me (it will be soon, a matter of a day or two), I will make it a point to ask him about adding to the list:

1.  Kevin Ulmer

2.  "Dennis"

3.  and also Garry Hearfield's certified student in Sweden, Sifu Wretfors.

I will let you and this thread know a soon as I have another conversation with GM Doo Wai ans whether he updates his expressed list of authorized Bok Fu Pai instructors.  When he calls or Skypes me next, I hope that he will be fresh and more easy in his speech.  It fluctuates.  Sometimes he can barely get a word out;  other times, he is  fluent and pretty articulate.

***BUT ONE THING I WILL REPEAT HERE MOST EMPHATICALLY IS THAT I WILL NOT DISCUSS WITH GM DOO WAI nor discuss in any manner on any Daobums.com thread or any social media platform is anyone who has proven or admitted  connections to the late james lacey.  This is at the direct request of GM Doo Wai expressed to me all the way back in 1996.  I obliged him with a promise that I would never bring up his name or anyone related to him to the Grandmaster ever again.  I have continued to abide by my agreement to his request on this matter ever since that time--and redoubled my commitment when I saw this public denouncement and disavowal of this fore-mentioned outlaw student that GM Doo Wai issued in 2007:

Respectfully to the Bok Fu Pai tradition and its sole 6th generation lineage holder.

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S.   FP Practitioners, don't worry, we will soon get back to the purpose of this thread, which LLoyd McClelland started 9 years ago.  But as this year is a 20 year return of a victory cycle that manifested in Perfected Justice in December of 1998, now happens to be  a perfect time to shed the Light of Truth everywhere, especially upon dark places that weaklings try to sweep under the rug and hope that everyone else will forget about.  Open your eyes, everyone...and rock up.

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 8

I would like to point out that in line with these recent revelations, we are dealing with three retrogrades in astrology: Neptune, Mars, and Mercury. If you know how these work, it basically means that there are going to be issues in communication, conflict, and not being able to see beyond our own asses because of being emotionally inundated. It is unfortunately also a time when a lot of issues that have been hidden for years are going to be unearthed--so you will find this in your personal individual lives, in world politics, and everywhere around us. We are all just puppets on a string in the universe, and when you have the right practice, you can see your own strings.

Moving this back to Flying Phoenix while tying this to what Sifu Terry has said, I would like to remind everyone that doing three MSW meditations upon waking helps us align with the flow as Sifu Terry said in roughly similar words during Mercury Retrograde alone. As I do many of those practices on the DVD and from his private instruction, it is one of the only forms that is publicly and easily accessible through DVDs that is comparable to some of the indoor techniques I know from my other Sifus. It is hands-down the healing system to practice and I have done quite a lot over the years, and even my other Sifus have much respect for Sifu Terry and the work he does and for the lineage of GMDW and Flying Phoenix. They give their vocal and sincere support for him while also knowing and recognizing many of these ridiculous issues coming to light. They are offering Sifu Terry their empathy for the level of stress these revelations would cause, so it a hell of a gift we have criminally low-priced DVDs with high production quality to use these practices.

This is a doorway to the beginnings of transformation we deserve. Even if some people can say things that get themselves in trouble for talking about things they don't know in spite of doing the practice, it's a practice that makes you hungry for something better, something we all have in common whether or not we agree with what we can get out of Doo Wai family arts, such as believing Sifu Terry (which you should) or doubting his claims (which you are free to do even if facts don't align). 

Practicing Flying Phoenix will help put us all in a flow that gets us through these retrogrades and helps us emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually shift. No doubt about that. Where we choose to shift, however, is entirely in our hands. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Iron Marshall, have you read through this thread in its entirety, or are you just jumping in now?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Maybe said:

Iron Marshall, have you read through this thread in its entirety, or are you just jumping in now?

believe me , he has done much more research and went out of his way to find the truth regarding the whole doo wai body of work than many of us would ever do so no need for that tone , especially from some one who is new here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bruce Qi said:

believe me , he has done much more research and went out of his way to find the truth regarding the whole doo wai body of work than many of us would ever do so no need for that tone , especially from some one who is new here.

I didn’t see anything wrong with Maybe’s tone. He sounded like he was just trying to get clarification and IronMarshall already said to Sifu Terry as well that he has his respect. Let’s all be a little more vigilant and ask what someone means before presuming or assuming anything uncivil, especially as Internet forums are full of individuals with different communication styles and cultural backgrounds.

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

(1) If I were to sign up to a Kung-Fu or Chi Kung class, I would just go there, meet the teacher, look at his credentials, participate to a free class and decide.

Whether my teacher's teacher has been involved in some controversy seems irrelevant because what I am here for is Kung Fu and Chi Kung not Sunday school: I mean the actual stuff (the actual 'gung') not the psycho drama around.

(2) I can see that people just love controversy but I have very hard times figuring out what good does it bring. Sifu Terry did well to help separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the abuse of GM Doo Wai's name. Actually, simply reminding people that GM Doo Wai has been incapacitated for 10 years and therefore unable to teach would have been enough to convince the average Joe that the ausar thing was a scam.

So what is the purpose of putting him under attacks or at least suspicious scutiny because he went further (partly upon the TDB mod's request) ?

Sifu Terry had already put in his website the authorization GM Doo Wai gave him to teach FPCK. So it all boils down to whether one is willing to trust him as a teacher given all the objective and only relevant facts already available when it comes to learning Kung Fu and Chi Kung.

(3) GM Doo Wai, Sifu Terry like everyone of us have their own history and path. I would be curious to see what would come up from everyone's past upon some digging.

"And why beholdest you the mote that is in thy brother's eye but don't notice the beam of wood in your own eye" Matthew 7:3

I find Sifu Terry is showing patience and is cooperating beyond what he actually should (while I can see what is his interest in this blog, he doesn't owe people any of the answers he willingly gives here).

On a side note, I was briefly in contact with Sifu Garry Hearfield and Sifu Christer Wretfors a few years ago.  Sifu Wretfors accepted to teach me. I dropped the training. Not because he is not a competent teacher, but because he actually is a competent teacher and asks his students to train like beasts as Sifu Terry graphically put it. GM Doo Wai's Bak Fu Pai is real Kung-Fu, not armchair training. People can always question the teacher but when it comes to martial arts, the truth is in the training not in the psycho dramatic talks that flourish on the internet.

My only contribution.

Edited by Jack of Hearts
grammar
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Maybe said:

I am new to Dao Bums. I have not read every single page of the thread as there are many interesting threads on here and I only have so much time. But I have read many hundreds of pages. Theres an amazing community of diverse individuals here and I love that so many of you can hold conversations, sharing your knowledge and experiences - even when you disagree. And let's remember that that's the whole point of having a community like this. 

While I am new to this thread; I am not new to these issues as I was a student of Jim Lacy in the 90's before the huge fall out with Doo Wai and though I left these arts because of that drama and misinformation and mudslinging, I have remained in close contact with with several students/instructors and have dedicated an absurd amount of time researching, talking and reading in an effort to get to the truth of a lot of these issues. I am unwilling and no longer a blind follower of anyone, least of all Doo Wai.

I do not care for internal politics or ass kissing; if that offends anyone, that is not my intention. I only seek the truth. Same as you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jack of Hearts said:

Hi everyone,

(1) If I were to sign up to a Kung-Fu or Chi Kung class, I would just go there, meet the teacher, look at his credentials, participate to a free class and decide.

Whether my teacher's teacher has been involved in some controversy seems irrelevant because what I am here for is Kung Fu and Chi Kung not Sunday school: I mean the actual stuff (the actual 'gung') not the psycho drama around.

(2) I can see that people just love controversy but I have very hard times figuring out what good does it bring. Sifu Terry did well to help separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the abuse of GM Doo Wai's name. Actually, simply reminding people that GM Doo Wai has been incapacitated for 10 years and therefore unable to teach would have been enough to convince the average Joe that the ausar thing was a scam.

So what is the purpose of putting him under attacks or at least suspicious scutiny because he went further (partly upon the TDB mod's request) ?

Sifu Terry had already put in his website the authorization GM Doo Wai gave him to teach FPCK. So it all boils down to whether one is willing to trust him as a teacher given all the objective and only relevant facts already available when it comes to learning Kung Fu and Chi Kung.

(3) GM Doo Wai, Sifu Terry like everyone of us have their own history and path. I would be curious to see what would come up from everyone's past upon some digging.

"And why beholdest you the mote that is in thy brother's eye but don't notice the beam of wood in your own eye" Matthew 7:3

I find Sifu Terry is showing patience and is cooperating beyond what he actually should (while I can see what is his interest in this blog, he doesn't owe people any of the answers he willingly gives here).

On a side note, I was briefly in contact with Sifu Garry Hearfield and Sifu Christer Wretfors a few years ago.  Sifu Wretfors accepted to teach me. I dropped the training. Not because he is not a competent teacher, but because he actually is a competent teacher and asks his students to train like beasts as Sifu Terry graphically put it. GM Doo Wai's Bak Fu Pai is real Kung-Fu, not armchair training. People can always question the teacher but when it comes to martial arts, the truth is in the training not in the psycho dramatic talks that flourish on the internet.

My only contribution.

That attitude is exactly why Dao Bums asked Terry for confirmation from Doo Wai. Because guys like you ignore the issues, avoid seeking a deeper truth and fall prey to guys like Ausar and only after you've spent thousands and are unfulfilled do you start to question. Believe it or not; all of it is to protect the core, the system and potential victims. Its healthy and open debate should be promoted, not frowned upon. 

YouTube is filled with fake bjj black belts getting outted; what if all those students had the same attitude as you? Well, theres a certificate on the wall and he has a fancy gi, he must be legit? No need to dig deeper and make sure hes not a fraud? Come on brother, you deserve better than that, as we all do. We all deserve unbiased, impeccable truth that cannot be dismissed. White Tiger is not a wide spread art; therefore it should be quite easy to clean house and set the stage for the next generation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Bruce Qi said:

Apologies for any perceived tone.

I'M very new here myself. I have no intent to fight or argue with people in this place, because the people here have shown me a huge amount of kindness, generosity, and guidance.

I was just trying to ask a probing question to understand more about Iron Marshall's perspective is all. His most recent post makes his position pretty clear as a truth seeker.

• Like 2