Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

I think I saw this video several years ago. All that comes to mind about why it is different is that Doo Wai made many videos of advanced chi kung forms and this fellow might have been able to learn from them. What I liked about it was that he did the movements slow enough so that you could follow what he was doing. When I watch Doo Wai do movements he does them so relatively fast that I am not sure what he is doing. 

currently at day 65 ...  standing short form 5   yesterday i had a short period of right ear hearing near loss to some sort of eustacian tuber issue ... today  back to near normal

peace to all

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 11/12/2016 at 12:45 AM, Vajra Fist said:

I asked Eric Isen to test Golden Phoenix when it came out. I had a dream I learned it from Sifu Christer. However he said:

"This Golden Flying Phoenix is OK but somewhat limited in what it would do for you. It would help the liver and have some good results with intuition.

"The Terry Dunn Flying Phoenix results in a more powerful movement of the Kundalini spiritual energy than this one and develops the power 3rd chakra in you quite powerfully."

Bear in mind though it's a personal reading.

Hi Vajra,

I recently got back here at daobums. As you know there are 3 groups of GFP meditations. Each group consist of 6 meditations. Christer is only teaching/instructing only 1 meditation of the 6 meditations (1 group) on his DVD/video. And the rest of the meds, are only available thru skype private instructions.

I am fortunate that I have all of 18 Meditations of Golden Flying Phoenix  (6 meditations per group--3 groups), all in one video. I tell you that GM Doo Wai, hand movements are not sharp, it's a bit like a demo vid. however watching closely the rise and fall, I did manage to do one meditation. it's the 4th meditation of the first group. Why the 4th? because it has only few hand movements, and I was trying to find out if I can do it and elicit the GFP chi. I can say even doing one meds of GFP has (also) powerful chi effects, as GM Doo Wai said, it is advanced. So right now I am doing just the 4th meditation. As GM Doo Wai said practice first each meditations, one by one,  before you do all meds of, a 1 group of meditations.

It would be interesting what eric can say about the complete group of meditations. 

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 2

Im practicing volume 5 atm, it just occured to me that sometimes i like to put my index finger and thumb together on my left hand. Then hold it over my right shoulder, i started doing this before i ever practiced the 90 second power meditations. The first meditation this is the second position, i just felt really good to do... make me wonder why though.

I think i mainly started doing it when i bless my water, saw some guy on youtube saying if your holding water bless it with the hand your not holding it with by joining the tumb and index finger and holding near the water. I do this whilst trying to love the water with my intent, this usually get my chi going and it just felt good to hold over my right shoulder.

Just thought i'd share that, makes me wish i could see what was going on energetically instead of just feel it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just did the first med on volume 5, as soon as i went into the first position i felt this lovely energy in the right side of my brain more in the middle slightly down...felt so good so i just stood like that for a while.

I take it there is no set time for how long you take to do a meditation or how long you stay in a certain position?

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 2:18 PM, tao stillness said:

As far as the airliner goes, those who have true sight claim that angels do not have wings but are seen as light. People who have had NDEs also report this. But a great photo anyway. 

Hi Steve,

I have seen one angel in my lifetime--fortunately on a recurring basis-since 1994.  It happened to be in human form.  No wings.  But with an energy field and aura extending beyond 8 inches from all surfaces of his body (it was a he on this plane),  And this energy field was so dense in that particular moment when he allowed me to experience it that I would have burned myself irreparably had I moved my hand closer to his skin.  No, he was not Chinese. 

On occasions when I sat in a chair right after he did, or laid on a mattress that he had been using for days before, my body was infused by a deeply sweet energy that is best described as "divine" and in the case of the mattress, dreams of absolutely unique and new content came, lucidity in dreamstate was enhanced to levels never experienced before, the simplest of foods shared at the same table with him tasted better than anything I had had before, and the wine (of brands and vintages that I knew well) each time tasted like incomparable heavenly nectar, and in watching him help and heal others, I felt the "passion" in compassion on a cellular level. 

Once, on the streets of New York City, where trouble comes looking for you, a couple of very destructive and demonic spirits automatically carom'd off the sidewalk at an angle and went across the street each time they came within 25 feet in front of us and that occurred only because I was with this person.

STD

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

...AND THIS IS ONE OF THE ADVANCED FLYING PHOENIX MEDITATIONS DONE IN A SET OF 18 REPETITIONS THAT WE GET TO ON THE THIRD DAY.  (FOOTAGE IS FROM WORKSHOP LAST AUGUST).  NOTE THE COUNTENANCES OF THE PRACTITIONERS AS THEY DO THIS MOVING MEDITATION:

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

And again, since it's Throwback Thursday, these are the two movements in the first third of the intermediate FP Meditation, "Moonbeam Splashes On Water" (90 60 50 20).  Footage taken last August at Eastover workshop.

Y'ALL SHOULD THINK ABOUT  PRACTICING THIS MOVING MEDITATION MUCH, MUCH MORE--AND AT THIS SPEED-- AND DERIVE ITS TERRIFIC BENEFITS, WHICH ALSO MAKES LEARNING THE VOL.4 LONG FORM STANDING MEDITATOIN, "FLYING PHOENIX HEAVENLY HEALING CHI MEDITATION" MUCH, MUCH EASIER.

• Like 2

Thank you Sifu Terry for sharing your experience with angels. From that I would conclude that angels can appear in various forms but perhaps regardless of their visual appearance, the constants with each experience with them is the Divine Light/energy and the feeling of Divine love? 

• Like 1

day 76 ... yesterday's practice especially energizing,  when i finished i brought up youtube 10 min version of Sifu Dunn's performance of the standing long form.   I mirrored the performance,  changed the speed to .75 and mirrored it again,  changed the speed to .5 and completed it again ... 45 minutes ( + short breaks in between).   By the end of this period FIRE ...  and METAL .    Later in the evening I did the long form normal style 30 min ...

lots of energy 

• Like 3

On 5/24/2018 at 1:20 PM, ridingtheox said:

day 76 ... yesterday's practice especially energizing,  when i finished i brought up youtube 10 min version of Sifu Dunn's performance of the standing long form.   I mirrored the performance,  changed the speed to .75 and mirrored it again,  changed the speed to .5 and completed it again ... 45 minutes ( + short breaks in between).   By the end of this period FIRE ...  and METAL .    Later in the evening I did the long form normal style 30 min ...

lots of energy 

Hi Charlie,
I'm so glad you've figured out how to play the training footage at different slower speeds and work your Long Form practice up to 45 min.!  -- and that the results you are describing are powerful.  Excellent that your "normal" style and speed is 30 min.

I work on doing the entire Long Form meditation with emphasis on relaxation relaxation, relaxation where I don't feel my body during the meditation.  While the FP Healing Energy is distinctively and exclusively a healing energy, the depth of relaxation also is enhanced and facilitated by the same principles of body mechanics/movement taught by high-level Tai Chi Chuan masters.

Glad you are enjoying the capstone cultivation.

Best,

Sifu Terry

On 5/24/2018 at 10:38 AM, tao stillness said:

Thank you Sifu Terry for sharing your experience with angels. From that I would conclude that angels can appear in various forms but perhaps regardless of their visual appearance, the constants with each experience with them is the Divine Light/energy and the feeling of Divine love? 

You're most welcome.  I figured it was time to relate my experience of one.

Best to you,

Sifu Terry

On 5/1/2018 at 4:27 PM, ridingtheox said:

yup  and my hair is darker  the white receding in most places.   beard?  i meam suddenly getting beard where none grew  not lots but some and my nails are definitely growing faster especially toe nails. 

I am now at day 51 of my short standing meditation 'gong'  half way point.   This year my allergies are virtually non-existent compared to a few years ago and other folks are saying this is a particularly bad year in Arizona.  I am hurtling toward 78 yr and have number of people asking how is that possible 60's max! 

Right now I am also doing some bone marrow cleansing exercises along with simple 5 element ...  practice intensely people this WORKS. 

Peace please 

ridingtheox ...

Hi Charlie,

I missed this posting earlier. 
Glad to hear that you've experienced similar rejuvenation from your FP Qigong practice with the same visible signs.  I got over all my the allergies of my first 25 years of life when I completed training in the entire Tao Tan Pai Nei Gung system around 1982 and had practiced its three capstone meditations solidly for about 8 years from 1982 to 1990.  I remember that I used to be allergic to horse piss (because during horse trips in Utah and Colorado, in the mornings when we'd saddle up (and the horses would always piss on their ropes overnight), I was just wheezing and tearing and almost going blind.  But by the 1990's, during horse trips in the same region with the same friends and outfitters, no problem whatsoever with horse piss.  Now that's what I call evolution.  

Then when GM Doo Wai came into my life and taught me the FP Qigong starting in 1991, as I think I've mentioned several times on this thread, the effects were FAST and profound because I had the Tao Tan Pai already established PLUS he personally initiated each of us (at least 2 others that I witnessed) with a personal transmittance of energy that raised or "stretched" the energy capacity of our bodies to an indescribable degree.  Then we would still have to do the FP and other practices to "fill"  and mantain that capacity to carry Qi to peak levels.

Yup. From 1990 through 2010 (when i was age 45 to 55), my hair remained jet black even though many friends my age--even those who practiced Chinese internal martial arts and qigong--started getting a lot of gray hair, dry skin, joint problems, muscle atrophy, and other more subtle signs of aging when they hit about 53.  But then I encountered major, major with a big litigation against a film studio from 2010-2014, my normal work hours, sleep, and Tai Chi/Kung Fu/Qigong practice routines, got disturbed and became  very, very irregular.   (see this link for the ugly background details/facts:  http://www.kungfupandalawsuit.com/Timeline_Hotspots_New.html ).   As result of the high stress day to day for 4+ solid years, I got lot of gray hair and beard that i considered to be way too sudden and pre-mature.  So I would intensify my FP Qigong practice each time there was noticeably new gray hair, and that would "beat back down" the gray level on a cyclical basis. But 2015 was a big turnaround year of practice for me because the stress of the litigation started to lift.  I did FP Long Form Standing an average of every other day, at least 3 MSW seated meditations each time I practiced, and I would do 9 of the 54 Meditations from the 10,000 Buddhas' Meditations System every other day, plus 4 to 5 Eight Sections of Energy Kung Fu Forms at least 4 times a week.  Certain days I would practice all 8 BDG (8 Sections) forms, which would take 3 hours.

Fortunately, over the past 3 years, hair growth all-over  has been restored to its natural color--through regular daily practice of FP Qigong levels, related Bok Fu Pai arts like 10,000 Buddhas Meditations, Tao Tan Pai Nei Kuing-- ranging between one hour to 3 hours a day--no including time spent teaching.  There's just one  tiny stand of hair that stays gray, which is the spot where the very first greying started about 8 years ago.  And just today, I was talking to a young police officer (2 years on the job) watching over the weekly Farmer's Market in Lenox, MA and after talking about police training for a while (one of my favorite civic-minded topics) he was gobsmacked when I told him how hold i was.  He said he thought i was in my early 40's.  I said "bless your soul."  and "Hey, my stuff works."

In general, on any day when I practice either Moonbeam or the FPHHCM Long Form, and 2 or 3 MSW seatedl meditations,  I  actually feel that my body is getting younger, or let's say fresher, more pristine.   And skin, especially on the face gets smoother and wrinkles (that appear from lack of sleep and oxidants like alcohol--I still like a good glass of wine with dinner sometimes ) disappear just over the period of practice.  The same has been reported by students in my 120-minute FP Class for beginners  that  I teach at various venues in the Berkshires and in L.A.

Anyway, Charlie, enjoy your marrow cleansing.  And keep those toe- and finger-nails growing super-fast!

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 3

On 5/20/2018 at 8:43 PM, BluePhoenix133 said:

Just did the first med on volume 5, as soon as i went into the first position i felt this lovely energy in the right side of my brain more in the middle slightly down...felt so good so i just stood like that for a while.

I take it there is no set time for how long you take to do a meditation or how long you stay in a certain position?

Hi Blue Phoenix,

Correct, with any of the FP standing meditations, you can hold stationary some or all of the intermediate positions for however long feels right to you. especially when you're doing the movement sequences at the "speed of a shifting sand dune."  As a matter of fact, about 6 months ago, I gave instructions to three of my private students in Asia that I teach via Skype to do the Vol.5 90-second "flash" meditations as slowly as possible, taking up to 4-5 minutes.  In FP Qigong, the rule of thumb is SLOWER IS BETTER.

Thanks for sharing your " blessing water" focus the Vol.5 meditation's mudras that you say you do naturally.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Thanks 1

On 24.5.2018 at 7:38 PM, tao stillness said:

I concur to that. Thank you very much Sifu Terry for your inspiring posts and stories. I would love to hear more of your experiences. To me it is inspiring and shows that life is a beautiful mystery... 

So, how did you meet with the angel in human form? When you spoke about walking with him or sleeping on a mattress on which he slept before it felt like he was a friend of you, who you have known for long. 

Greetings