Pietro

is it only me or the TB has lost its magic?

Searcher on the way

Living lifes dream

Loving the illusion

Illusion is just what it seems to be.

• Like 1

I don't know why but everywhere I look I see the same discussion over and over again. And they go in circles. But the people who are discussing are obviously enjoying it a lot. So I am left wandering if I have grown beyond this community, or is the community that has changed so much that I don't recognise it anymore.

Most discussion seem to be around:

this or that teacher (this would be interesting, but maybe because I am happy with mine, I don't find them attractive),

what will happen in the year 2012 or 2020 (as if anyone had a clue)

what is reality (and ghosts-threads are under here too)

quantum-stuff

farewells

and topics more generally about what is taoism, and is this taoism, or is that taoism.

I am missing the kunlun's and the lizardmen which are not so high in the hitparade, but that is pretty much all.

And it is not changing.

I am not trying to be negative (maybe succeedng, but surely not trying). I just would like to have some feedback.

I don't seem anymore the same people (which can be good), but with them it seems that the experience also left. And I see people going around in circles. Maybe I was not the only one who got bored. I see some people leaving with great announcements (no I am not announcing my departure, I am trying just to understand). And people having probably left in a more quiet Way.

Had we developed any experience in those years? Have we suceeded in passing it on? Have we even tried to?

Bumping the OP

Edited by snowmonki
  • Like 1

TTB's is a microcosm of life -

There are a few real assholes, there are a few really cool people, there are lots of folks in the middle.

The assholes say way more than I'd like, the cool people never say enough...

I can see bits of myself in all of them and bits of all of them in me.

Just like real life.

:P

• Like 2

There are a few real assholes, there are a few really cool people, there are lots of folks in the middle.

Just like real life.

real life ... I don't know that website. :)

• Like 1

www.itsearth.net/reality%as%we%know%it.html

or www.getoffthecomputerandgooutside.com

Just like real life.

Life imitates pro wrestling. I joined this forum as a tweener. Haven't decided whether to go heel or babyface. I'm leaning toward going babyface - but if it doesn't work out I can always make my heel turn. I've seen some pretty good heel turns lately.

LOVE Casa de mi Padre.

We should have a funny movie thread where we pool our comedic favourites.

I always on the lookout for comedy stuffs.

• Like 1

Seems the message was recieved.. *sweep sweep**

Yeah, could probably do with less half-assed wise-cracks by a certain half-wise ass-crack on every real topic (unlike this one).

edit: Yes, I said it.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 1

My first admission; I know very little for very many reasons.

That said, in my opinion, while I have seen a handful of knowledgable people on here, I fear "Internet syndrome" is slowly polluting the public view on TB.

It seems to me that as far as The Tao/God/Great Architect/Flying Spaghettit Monster is concerned, Internet trolls and forum arguments are not things to be fed and encouraged through attention but rather to be allowed to fall to the wayside as a person takes tiny steps toward advancement. Such things are poisonous to serenity or the seeking of serenity.

For those who indulge in such things there's no shortage of bad karma and frustration, that's their problem, but if the end goal of many of us is healing(me) or eventual enlightenment in some form (also me and hopefully all of you) should we not take a step back, and like the masters of old, seclude ourselves from societies shenanigans somewhat?

In Internet terms I suppose this may consist of less or at least more selective forum activity and more PM's with your select contactees but the end result is the same; less negative attachment, more fruitful interaction.

I like this site, I like you guys and gals, it's a shame to see a chance for an exchange of knowledge and growth become sullied and lost to Internet nature.

• Like 3