Centli

i've heard testicles atrophy in the last stages of internal alchemy practice. why is that? is that healthy?

I've read the following:

The more you practise internal, the more the jing is stilling, the less testosteron is produced and because of that, testicles begin to atrophy... use it or loose it. 

I don't know if that is true, because I don't practice that much. I only have read that... there are others that know more about  that probably. 

On 2/23/2023 at 1:20 PM, Centli said:

Question.

That came up in the forum as a lategame stage beyond what anyone here posting has reached (to my knowledge).  So I wouldn't worry about it - By the time you get there, you'll be too old to be worried about your balls anyways

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

It might be better to focus on the control and refinement of the human's energies:

- physical/etheric 

- emotional  

- mental 

- heart.

When this is accomplished, and other precondtions met (e.g. alignment with systemic intent) the human, now at second stage enlightenment, may be offered immortality.

In some cases immortality may be offered to humans at first stage enlightenment but so far this seems rare.

How is the state of immortality to be detected?

On 2/27/2023 at 10:11 PM, Wilhelm said:

That came up in the forum as a lategame stage beyond what anyone here posting has reached (to my knowledge).  So I wouldn't worry about it - By the time you get there, you'll be too old to be worried about your balls anyways

What happens if someone achieved before getting old?

Original Poster's Topic Question:    "I've heard testicles atrophy in the last stages of internal alchemy practice. Why is that? Is that healthy?"

Cultivation's Effect on the Testes

When a person does not cultivate or their practice is incorrect (for instance, the jing is already considered 'still' in the sense that though the taiji of the kidneys manifest as dichotomous they are still foundationally considered a yin source, so if one 'stills' them in the sense you are speaking of then they are basically creating stagnation. What instead needs to happen is not wasting. By this I mean specifically conservation- not collecting, condensing or other methods which refer to different aspects of conservation but are not in and of themselves the actual practice of living conservation),  atrophy (degeneration) of the testes may happen and this will in turn lead to feebleness across various other organ systems, most notably as deficiency symptoms of spleen qi and/or xue (blood), but the implications are not isolated solely to these patterns of disharmony and depend on many other interrelated factors (so please don't self-diagnosis or jump to conclusions).

Conversely, the testicles returning to a more condensed size in a firm and full state (such as in youth) is a product not stemming from loss of substance but rather clarification and rejuvenation of *1 transforming one's existing substance.  Health at this level comes through the following written below and is integral to the answer of the next question..

Additional Conversation Question: "What happens if someone achieves this before getting old? "

On 3/28/2023 at 2:10 AM, Chang dao ling said:

What happens if someone achieved before getting old?

Shen is the source of why forms are as they are

When shen is perfected through stillness in wuji, the yin jing will transform in its substance from this perfected stillness and the yang jing will become pure in its active radiance; thus they return to the yuan state as part of vital essence.

It is in this way that Earthly Immortality can be made possible. The source of how this happens doesn't really originate in jing or *2xue itself, per se, but from shen first and foremost. So the cultivation of Consciousness is essential for the resilience of jing. Therefore, those that focus exclusively or obsessively on jing do so because they are concerned with forms and are moved out of willful (willfulness is the nature of the zhi shen) desire to hoard from the essence of things; it is a very base and coarse (unrefined) motivation born from the unconsciousness of desperation and greed. These fears and the avarice for power are a life driven by the motivations of the root chakra, of which many people have the hardest time refining because it is the yin of the lower (subtle) body system. (Note: this quality of focus and desire in people is dangerous. This is why the Buddha taught about non-desire, the Immortals about sung and wei wu wei which together allows for the peace of non-striving, and both speak of the virtue of selfless and therefore, no greed- incuding for one's own life, other's possession or the materiality of forms (forms which are ultimately dreams of the maya). Conversely, it is the ability to resolve desire as we cultivate the form to return to the yuan (original). In time the celestial polarities (the ji 极) of our greater system will perceive the wuji (the Ultimateness or Limitless Pole) to transform and potentiate yuan jing and purified xue (blood) in concert with heavenly wisdom (the ji of the blue star). 

This in turn allows the aging process to be greatly slowed or to reverse- the differences between the two being: 

1) the existing health conditions the cultivator bears at the time the light from stillness is made apparent and how long they can remain in such true Presence (note that 'age' in regards to physiological transmutation is very pertinent to the results of longevity, as people who cultivate too late in life are unlikely to become Earth Immortals in part because there is not enough pre- and post- natal substance to work with. I refer to this aspect in a pervious post about the energetic processes of refinement as 'it takes energy to make energy' which is why it is so important to take care of health and wellbeing as each moment, and in this case, doing so by not clinging to ideas of jing: this only lead to more waste). 

2) the level of self-cultivated depth/spiritual maturity and insight the practitioner has about the nature of stillness (there are gradations of stillness/emptiness that can be perceived by the hun shen)

3) level of medical knowledge or training and guidance they receive by other medically trained practitioners- particularly, of course, other Earthly Immortals or Celestial Immortals (but it isn't necessarily exclusive to them only- always who we are depends on ourselves and our own ability for rightful perception and rightful knowing foundationally)

Additional Conversation Question: "How is such an immortal to be detected?"

On 2/27/2023 at 2:57 PM, Lairg said:

How is the state of immortality to be detected?

We know because our own heart's and minds are clear with the heart-felt light of self-awareness

The simple answer is that by being in touch with our own spirit, we are better able to witness the spirit of others; these immortal and other ascendant qualities are sensed through the clarity and development of an open heart on the part of the perceiver (as Lao Tzu said, 'how do they know such righteousness? they can feel it'). The deeper the clarity of the open heart by the perceiver, the greater their own purity in sacredness, and the more like recognizes like unconditionally while also acknowledging the manifestation of condition... conditions of form both gross and subtle which are part of the sacred knowledge.

*1 There is similar misunderstanding about the role of menses and the beheading of the Red Dragon in women's cultivation. So care needs to taken to not conflate principals of reversal for signs that are actually of aging, illness and death.

*2 Pertaining to women's cultivation

Edited by Small Fur
  • Like 1

Mine shrunk and got small  !

But thats okay , I didnt go bald  down there .   I still got   ....

small  fur .

Didn't see this thread. Even penis shrinks. 

You are reusing Jing for non-procreation or sexual enjoyment reasons. Jing makes Qi stronger which in turn opens blocks and multitude of subchannels of the main meridians.

One meal a day helps the process but to get there one must clear the organs and channels to a great extent of you'll feel very hungry every day. Spleen becomes very efficient at food digestion and transportation hence more energy and the need for less food. There is no surplus of Jing as it gets recycled.

Bear in mind full moon period an its huge effect on the system (kidneys are stronger, more Jing is produced). Much less food is needed or sexual lust will be triggered if one eats too much. Mini-fasts are recommended during this period.

Edited by Gerard

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

… One meal a day …

Not advisable for people with cardiovascular disease or diabetes. 

• Like 1

Praaaaaaaaaaaaa..(a + 1)...tice ----> One meal a day

a = number of years.

You can't suddenly take up a one meal a day regime, it is only recommended for full time practitioners of you'll burn out fast and won't last very long by eating so little. 

Also a great deal of weight loss is required to get to that level, if one is overweight. . 

On 22/09/2023 at 10:14 AM, Cobie said:

Not advisable for people with cardiovascular disease or diabetes. 

Why do you say that? It reminded me of one of our most missed members that had cardiovascular disease and other health issues which managed to prolong is life with that regime.

• Thanks 1

Covid-19 infectees lost senses of smell and taste. If the symptom persists over a span of months, regions of the brain processing smell and taste sensory input can atrophy and die. Through disuse. 

Athletes who take steroids over the long term can experience testicular shrinkage and long term damage based on similar principles. Testicles produce testosterone. Steroid use negates the need for testicle testosterone production. Which can lead to reduced function over the long term.

These general principles coupled together might provide a basic framework for deducing some of the fundamental principles surrounding the topic.

Don’t overthink this. It’s a very long process (many years) and by the time that this might arise the other things that might accompany it will make whatever happens down there a lot less important.  I seem to recall something like this (kosohitavatthaguyhoto) associated with the historical Buddha So if it happens to you you are in extremely good company!

After years of striving the mystic sat beneath a great tree vowing to achieve final enlightenment. Finally his mind clear and calm his consciousness glows with omnipresent light.  Standing to rejoice he hears two soft thuds on the ground at his feet.  Stooping he sees the shriveled objects at his feet.  Looking up he says : oh I didn’t realize it was a walnut tree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I am glad and surprise your post is still up and not locked in the general discussion. You gotta post stuff like these in the mens forums
@blue eyed snake had my last post locked because I left out the women in the topic and he deemed that misogynistic. As I only talked about men and not women in the general forum.

4 hours ago, Master Solo said:

I am glad and surprise your post is still up and not locked in the general discussion. You gotta post stuff like these in the mens forums
@blue eyed snake had my last post locked because I left out the women in the topic and he deemed that misogynistic. As I only talked about men and not women in the general forum.

on repeat

Seems you misunderstood the reason for closing that thread.

That post was denigrating to women and that is the reason it was locked. Misogyny is not tolerated on the daobums.

----

this thread is about daoist practice and a late effect on male practitioners. Far removed form fapping and seeing women as a lower human form that exists to be fucked and clean up after you.

-----

although I do not know the finer points, for females there are practices to stop their periods. This is much earlier in their practice as the need to conserve energy is much bigger. Some of the males reading this may stop and think about how much energy is drained when monthly losing blood as the lesser thing and building a baby and after that feeding it as the big thing.

And those cannot be stopped by willpower alone eh...

please think about how that compares to the energy men lose by masturbation. ;)

to be clear, a one year old baby weighs about 9 kilograms, all directly from the mothers body.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blue eyed snake said:

----

this thread is about daoist practice and a late effect on male practitioners. Far removed form fapping and seeing women as a lower human form that exists to be fucked and clean up after you.

-----

Some of the males reading this may stop and think about how much energy is drained when monthly losing blood as the lesser thing and building a baby and after that feeding it as the big thing.

And those cannot be stopped by willpower alone eh...

please think about how that compares to the energy men lose by masturbation. ;)

to be clear, a one year old baby weighs about 9 kilograms, all directly from the mothers body.

firstly the first quote is your words not mine
you have a point women do lose life force
I never stated I know about the energy loss of women
I never stated male lose more life force than women do
I don't know that's why I don't say anything about it
that's why I can't compare
how do you compare something you don't comprehend or know. And I never said I know.
that's why I only talk about what I know and that's a banned topic lol

let it be water under the bridge

Edited by Master Solo

7 hours ago, Master Solo said:

You clearly missed the point for the locking of that thread though I am not surprised based on your tone of approach.

blue eyed snake saw the same alarm bells several of us also noticed and flagged the mods so the post could be reviewed just as I did.

I reported you for two other posts and now it appears you're targeting members in their personal message boxes...

I sense a disturbance in your force.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

You clearly missed the point for the locking of that thread though I am not surprised based on your tone of approach.

blue eyed snake saw the same alarm bells several of us also noticed and flagged the mods so the post could be reviewed just as I did.

I reported you for two other posts and now it appears you're targeting members in their personal message boxes...

I sense a disturbance in your force.

It's water under the bridge. I am ready to let it go. Are you ready to let it go? Or are you just gonna spam report me for breathing
Also regarding personal message box, that was 1 week ago. You don't even know what we are talking about lol

also you are ironically targetting me by reporting every post I make when you don't even know the backstory. I think the only person who has the right to report me and who knows the situation is blue eyed snake himself. But i get it. you have to defend your online bestie

Edited by Master Solo

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

also here is what i said. i am not ashamed of what i said, i would say the same thing publicly. but i will block out what blue eye said. you can add this to your folder of things to report me on, or maybe you will get a life. Who knows.

93b92029f5cba74184d1faa8112aeab5.png2fad55f2c8d2cc2b89543560387beb69.png