steve

Current Events Discussion

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for this. It will make a huge difference for everyone by making this change. 

EDIT: I do not want access. I am happier not looking at politics and prefer to keep my political life and discussions away from cultivation life. Rarely do I see people with competence and maturity in discussing both cultivation and politics, so it can get ugly very fast for the people involved and uncomfortable for the people watching them. and frankly speaking, I am not too great myself when dealing with people who piss me off, so this is a good way to hide the cookie jar from me on the top shelf with the child safety lock too....

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 7

I think my initial post was just a bit ambiguous. If you would like access to the new sub-forum please ask me here or through PM. Not everyone who posts a thank you (or an F you) here will necessarily want access so it will not be automatic.

Thanks

• Like 4

I think this is a genius solution to the problem of all those threads filling up the TDB daily feed, even though I do like to read and respond to them, which I will over there in Current Events and continue to post in my PPD. 

@Taomeow  That's a hoot! Thanks for the laugh!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow.  So grateful for the group modding this place at this time.

This... seems a very elegant solution.

Bravo and well done.

*deep bow

edit to add:

Spoiler

quote-when-i-am-working-on-a-problem-i-n

Edited by silent thunder
love
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good news. It's a smart design choice that goes well with the overall functionality of The Dao Bums.

It immediately addresses the concern that people don't always have civil discussion and debate, but resort to subversive tactics and repeat propaganda. I really hope it works for the quality, although I suspect that PPJs are anyways taking on the most active part of vaccine discussion.

My own forum (Alchemical Garden) had a similar announcement or reminder that current events do not belong to the timeless discussion topics that we want and specialize in.

On 8/3/2021 at 3:36 AM, steve said:

You will need to have a post count of at least 50 to be granted access.

The bar is hoisted for newcomers. Gotta post faster and harder to earn this new Bum trophy!

On 10/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, Apech said:

After I read this thread .... this happened!

202.jpg?itok=1e7Czfoz

save those for breakfast cereal, lol 

Edited by old3bob

On 11/21/2021 at 11:36 AM, natural said:

I would also like access to current events.

Thank you.

Done.

• Thanks 1

For "read only" I'd like access to current events too, thank you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, questionmark said:

For "read only" I'd like access to current events too, thank you.

“Read only”, hmmm, interesting idea, We’re looking into that possibility (might take a little while).

In the meantime, just all/none access.

13 minutes ago, Trunk said:

let me know if you want full access in the meantime

yes please.

('read only' was only to mark my intention not to be a troublemaker there.)

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1