TaoMaster

How do we know what's yin and what's yang . Really.

There is no need to make a list. It would be infinitely long. Knowing the basic concept is suffice to determine attributes by intuition as they come along.

Per your request...

1. 陽極陰生: When Yang is at its extremity, Yin begins to raise.

2. 陰極陽生: When Yin is at its extremity, Yang begins to raise.

Heres my basis for my logic.

There can always be a larger dot in the universe. If I make a dot on paper and you make a bigger dot, it will go in infinitly

by the basic law of duality since the above is true , then that means there can always be a smaller dot than the dot ahead of it .

so its increase and decrease. + and -

i dont mix speed with direction when determining the two . speed is fast and slow , direction is up down left and right

yes the ball will temporarily increase speed and yes it is going downward in direction

what im looking for is your basis you say you have but are not saying what it is for determining what is yang and what is yin ? :)

do you have one youd like to share ? :)

once the gravity feild is gone this rule of yours or who ever it was, will vanish .

Just saying bro .

Its not basic enough . Im looking for terms that apply to everything in the universe rather than planet bingo womba . Or planet earth.

Lets use a basis that will apply to every thing. Like the basic law of duality :)

i can fly in an airplane and violate your analogy of whats yang and whats yin in your demonstration . see what I mean ? sure the speed increased and yes the ball went down at a temporaily increased speed there . It started at zero and went down faster at the end .

All life forms start small and get bigger typically speaking too .

grow+ is a positive-, start+ and big+ too . They are all yang+ attributes. Just because it starts+ ( small- ) this single YIN- attribute does not make, transform into or generate all of these things as a whole YIN . :) these are mostly yang attributes

I am yin and yan.

I alternate,

I embody,

I express.

Neither good or bad.

Just terms to describe

the phenomena around me.

Im neither yang nor yin, my body is however . So is the universe and everyhitng in it . But me ? Im spiritual in nature . Literally speaking too . :) spiritual IN nature

Edited by TaoMaster

Yang attracts Yin, Yin attracts Yang.

"Big Yang" attracts small Yang, "Big Yin" attracts small Yin - is one way we could express "relative attractions".

I'd like to see these two statements disproven clearly and obviously, if anyone would like to try.

The magnet examples of "TaoMaster" do not make sense to me because the poles of the magnets do not seem to be labelled - just the entire magnet, making it impossible for us to see which pole (+ or -) he is putting together.

-VonKrankenhaus

you like post this chi dragon or are you being spitefull ? incredible

lets take a look

Yang attracts yin and yin attracts yang ? false,. my magnet demonstration proves that

Yang attracts yang and yin attracts yin ? true, my magnet demonstration proves that

the poles do not SEEM to be labeled , just the entire magnet ? Seriously ? That's an oxymoron

the shape of the magnet is totally irrelevant . DONE . Get some magnets and prove me wrong . you wont be able too . get round ones long ones square , Ive worked with all of them Horse shoe shape too. TOTALLY irrelevant .

My demonstration proved you wrong and for all you know, I used non magnetic plastic with blue tape. :lol: Ive also proved everything Brian puts on the table against me as incorrect too. but he just says No I haven't and then hes gone for a while . :lol:

Edited by TaoMaster

You are s legend in you own mind, my friend.

I think my current favorite is the one where, if you shoot an arrow into the air and it doesn't hit an airplane, it goes on and on and then simply ceases to exist, and that's yin; but if it hits an airplane and sticks into it then it doesn't go on forever and disappear, and that's yang -- and that, somehow, proves to you that you've been right all along and that everyone who disagrees with you is clearly a hateful liar.

As to your magnets, you need an external reference -- like the Earth's magnetosphere. You know, magnetic North and magnetic South? That's not only where the names of the North Pole and South Pole come from but it is also where the proper labels (North and South) for the ends of a magnet come from AND it is literally the source for the magnets themselves.

Try this -- buy three or four cheap "dime-store" compasses. On end of the needle is North and the other is South -- spread them out on table to make sure they were painted correctly in the factory (they were cheap, remember...) Play with those for a while -- and with some as-yet unlabeled magnets -- and see what you can discover...

• Like 1

It seems that the inter-personal arguments and vigorous assertions about YinYang are perhaps the most revealing demonstrations of YinYang in this thread - far more than the content thus far, and good reason for us all to be humble and reflect on the scope and universality of Truth.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3

The only possible explanation is TaoMaster is putting everyone on

and is having a great time doing so

That's been my working premise from the start but I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt...

It seems that the inter-personal arguments and vigorous assertions about YinYang are perhaps the most revealing demonstrations of YinYang in this thread - far more than the content thus far, and good reason for us all to be humble and reflect on the scope and universality of Truth.

-VonKrankenhaus

Yes! You're not the only one who sees that. It's part and parcel of online forums (and real life discussion) and I guess it just seems ironic when the subject is yin/yang?

• Like 2

yang and yin have boundrys between them that are constantly moving. That movement from the left to the right and then right to left over and over . Like a shiver . buuuuuurrrrrrrrr shakes fast , YOU KNOW. its a elft right thing. over and over really fast .

Youll only find this phenomina at that BOUNDRY

the ping pong table has a net between yang and yin .

Good and bad sensations are generated when the interchange of hitting ball over the net back and forth , like haveing sex in and out yin and yang. Its a game in a way .

Chi Dragon presented an EXCELENT example of that GRAY area between white+ and black- .

I asked him for a challenge and I got it good :lol: ( yes I love to laugh Brian . you should try it too . Why Not ? ) Its a yang attribute :lol:

Chi dragon has cross packaged two different yangs with two different yins. Thats ok too. :)

lets say the left side of you body is yang and the right yin .

You walk on a straight line

On the left side of the line its yang and on the right yin .

So as you walk the line part of your right side, arm, head, nose, ear, leg , it doesnt matter, crosses over its boundry point and you now have part of yin on the wrong side of the line MOMENTARILY and then it corrects and both yangs and yin are each on their own repective sides.

Now

The further away you go into yang or yin, like with light and dark , the more black and white the universe appears. Theres no more grey area Dawg . :D

The increase of downwards speed TEMPORALLY of YIN is like the yin body part crossing over the thin line of yang and yin .

I woke with a conclusion+ :) and a head ache :(

So Chi Dragon I salute you . :)

Brian ? :lol: have some fun eh ?

I hope you guys have not been beat up too bad with these last 20 posts .

Its was fun at first but like many games of yang and yin , the more YANG mets yin this way, the more sparks will fly. Look at international Soccor or the USA Superbowl . Talk about sparks. This makes 4 th of July seem like a slumber party after everyones gone to sleep. :lol:

Im getting a better and better understanding of yang and yin too.

Life can always live more but death is final .

When life hits absolute zero its no longer life , its death .

Any questions ?

Holla at your boy :lol:

you too Brian ;):D:lol: and please bring your patrons

Edited by TaoMaster
  • Like 1

Mr Vonkrackenhaus,

tell me about your statement of more yang attracts less yang . More yin less yin etc .

Its game phenonimna .

When I use to ride sport bikes every day I'd notice how others sport bike riders would tend to be attracted to me and me them in terms of who's more yang or less.

If id see a bike ahead , ( in the future ) id be ok its time to do a flyby and take rhe lead.

Many times it would go lead trail lead trail.

I see this same phenomenon with Brian except he never takes the lead. He try though.

He knows I've got more yang attributes and he's struggling g to catch up and pass . But he can't . Not enough yang .

Can you comment ?

Brian ?

Von ?

Can you rephrase this ? :) The vessel is yang it has more yang attributes than the vacuum of space YIN or air if you are flying in the gravity field. :)

I asked about a vessel (let's call it a glass container), and when it is full of water.

Vessel = Yang

Space = full of Water = Yang

He knows I've got more yang attributes and he's struggling to catch up and pass . But he can't . Not enough yang .

Can you comment ?

Wait.. What are we talking about?? Who's got more yang or the bigger wang?

if you wanna compare wangs then I guess we'll need pictures & to move to the pit.

• Like 2

Re:

-----

"tell me about your statement of more yang attracts less yang . More yin less yin etc ."

-----

Big Yang attracts Small Yang, and Big Yin attracts Small Yin. Just a way of expressing relativity within YinYang.

You yourself told you about it thus:

-----

"When I use to ride sport bikes every day I'd notice how others sport bike riders would tend to be attracted to me and me them in terms of who's more yang or less."

-----

So if you are the Big Hotshot, then the Little Hotshots are attracted.

And, because Yang attracts Yin, and Yin Attracts Yang, then maybe, for example, some nearby girls took notice of the overall action.

(An Aside: In fun, if you continue to call me "Vonkrackenhaus", I will then maybe call you "TaoMonster" :) )

Never forget - If you are the Big Hotshot, you have nowhere to go but towards becoming a Little Hotshot, and eventually, No Hotshot at all.

The Wise develop as the "No Shot" after having been both well enough.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

"tell me about your statement of more yang attracts less yang . More yin less yin etc ."

It is only relative.....more with respect to less and vice versa.

More Yang-1 is Yang

Less Yang-1 is Yin

More Yin-1 is Yin

Less Yin-1 is Yang.

Edited by ChiDragon

if you wanna compare wangs then I guess we'll need pictures & to move to the pit.

lemme know if you need a judge to decide (-:

• Like 2

thanks for the laughs :lol: Like your signature too Rene.

thanks Von for your comments . Not quite how I see it but thats another subject.

Yang attracts more yang ? Yin less Yin ? Yes.

but yang attracts yin? . I dont see that. I think thats an illusion is some sort. Not for me though. :)

• Like 1

Wind: Yang or Yin?

It can be gentle and warm.

Or sharp and penetrating.

These qualities may be seen as Yang or Yin, but there is a reason it is mainly one.

Id love to hear the one reason you have :)

air is to outerspace like water is to air in an analogical way Figure of speach if you like .

Air is a THIN even though you can not see it is a thing.. It has content.

The butterfly uses air to push off of so to that degree air has mass.

The movement of this mass is called wind.

Wind is generated when heat and cold come together . Warm air and cold air. To Get+ Her- or together heat and cold generate the motions of wind. The can be high Yang or low Yin pressures that also have effects but they too are Yang and yin attributes.

Warm air is yang and cool air Yin

When the wind blows in your face its yang direction and from behind Yin

To the left its Yang and from the right Yin .

North is Yang in the sense that is the direction our solar system moves towards.

North is Yin as it is colder, and moss grows on the north side of trees where it is more moist, also yin.

Ok I see it what you mean but the way I see it Yin NEVER has yang attributes and yang can never have yin attributes . TYPICALLY meaning in almost all cases.

Its cold at the south pole too , There is more Ice at the south pole than north . So on that basis, and down being a yin attribute as well , South is Yin and North ( UP ) is Yang.

When we type or write text it starts on the left Yang and ends on the right Yin . I think Some texts in different language is from top+ first+ to bottom- last -

We can view the planet from any point of view we like but no matter which we choose up is still up and down is still down left is still left and right is still right . Front is still front and back is still back . EVEN when its turns .

Growth is a yang attribute. Yang is a attracted to other yangs and never other yins. So it makes sense with the logic I use. North and Growth ate both yang attributes.

Moist has fluid and fluid has life forms in it . Moist is Yang attribute . Dryness has no life form in it . Its all dried up and lifeless. Like the Moon and Mars. All dried up .

In China South was the top of the maps because South represented Yang, the heat of the summer, etc.

ok I still like China . But true knowledge , can be degrenrated over time like an old man or woman. we get old after a while and Yin sets in all the way getting worse and worse till death .

Yin and Yang contain each other. They are subtle, and it is very easy to get sucked into theories that work great from one perspective, but don't hold up to other perspectives. It is fine to say yang always comes first. But yin is always there to receive yang before it acts. They do nothing without each other.

Yin the opponent in a game of ping pong always receives the ball from the server called Yang . Without Yang there is NO thing to be received by YIN .

Once Yang hits ball to yin , Yin receives it . That is a unit of time . In the next unit of time That which was once Yin is now yang and yang becomes the receipt point . That is a new unit in time. :)

There is no right or wrong, nothing to win or lose.

There is rightness . Its a positive but, its true Wrong is an illuson. Its yin . Same applys to win lose and yang yin. Since yang and yin are in everything , then all yin is an illusion and all yang reality or also nown as Truth .

Yang can be strong and firm, or impulsive and forceful. Yin can be flexible and yielding, or weak and easily pushed around. When force is used, things become broken, walls are raised, and separation is enforced. When one is firm of conviction internally, but gentle and flexible externally, trust is built and sharing deepens. Holding fast to righteousness easily exposes firmness and it becomes difficult to prevent clashes.

A good way to explore Yang and Yin is via Tai Chi, which is all about learning to feel yin and yang inside the body. Feeling how yang and yin move and interact is humbling to me. The more they refine and merge, the more I feel at home where ever I may be. The more I feel like this, the less anything else matters.

Thanks for you considerations and the time you've spent with this post and positive+ directions . Sincerely

when truth is past along from one person to the next it can degenerate into Not truth or also known as a lie.

I know now that there is no written text of what is yang and what is yin . Only bits and pieces or truth and lies.

I choose to use the method I have . Its a spiritual exercise that defines every yang+ in the universe and reveals the Yin - that completes and opposes Yang .

The issues I have with text materials from others is that is may be in conflict with how I see life and the universe . Conflict generates unwanted feelings, as you know .

The basis I use for the determination of yang and yin are not from text books or the internet. Its derived from the basic law of duality . But I use yang and yin terms since it is the closest to my logic .

How do you say positive and negative in Chinese ?

Im seeing its been degenerated in ways over time. Pasted down from one generation to another to where is has become today.

The bible has too and probably all the other religious materials and texts.

So I'm starting fresh and getting the whole universe and live all sorted out with what I know to be true .

There has been and will be more bumps in the road as I continue but its well worth the journey :)

Thanks again . I Look forward to more from you . :) Hope you have some sort of benefit from my materials as well .

Edited by TaoMaster
  • Like 1

Nice post.

I didn't specify the type of Wind, but I agree with what you wrote. Overall the ancients considered Wind to be Yin, precisely due to what you wrote - the temperature is what creates wind, but wind itself is a passive occurrence, never acting of it's own will.

Wind may be perceived as Yang or Yin, but even then the Wind itself is simply in free fall, yin. From this one might see the gunpowder as Yang and the bullet as Yin. The bullet made no action - it was acted upon.

Important point about the poles. I didn't bother to note this in my earlier post, but the South North principles mentioned there apply to the Northern Hemisphere, and would be reversed in the Southern Hemisphere. In terms of temperature, there would be more Yang near the equator and more Yin near the poles. In terms of the planet's electromagnetic field and how it influences other planetary bodies, perhaps that is different. In terms of Ba Gua, Water is considered to be Yang, but it is Yang contained within Yin. In terms of Chinese Medicine, cold and damp are considered Yin, while dry and hot are considered Yang.

It's wise to be cautious about what beliefs one adopts, but if one creates their own system it can be difficult. Letting principles self-validate based on natural phenomena is a great way to both gain clarity and simplify one's understanding. At least this is what I did.... and over time more and more of my principles would be replaced by simpler ones without loss. And this is what lead me to reading about the tao... I was shocked that such a system existed that had already gone so far. But of course as I read I would still validate everything based on natural phenomena. At some point I hit a barrier and could go no further mentally without learning to feel things internally as well. Good luck on your way!

• Like 1

Water and Fire are interesting.

Water is said to be Yang contained within yin. Internally Yang, externally yin. In Daoist thought, winter is ruled by Water and summer rules Fire. Fire is said to be Yin contained within Yang. Internally Yin, externally Yang.

In winter we have cold, all the heat is cut away. In the summer the heat has returned and the water has melted and dissipated into the atmosphere.

As virtues, Fire and Water are known as Illumination and Wisdom, following the same principles. But the seasons are a cycle, and follow a circle. Just as we have North and South, there is also East and West - another duality, this one's virtues of Benevolence and Righteousness, or Wood and Metal, respectively. Or small Yang and small Yin.

Wood expands the Yang, bringing heat to Spring, melting water so that it may sprout into life.

Fire is the culmination of this expansion, the fullness of heat in the Summer.

Metal and it's righteousness judges, compartmentalizes, organizes, settles matters into their righteous places and condenses water vapor into water again.

Water without heat condenses even further into ice, retreating back to an embryonic stage to reflect on the entire cycle before beginning anew.

In this way the Ancients began exploring how Yin and Yang evolved into other elemental forces that were still very basic, and still contained their own relative Yin and Yangs, but could be used to describe more complex phenomena.

• Like 1

I like women too just like women like men and men like men and women like women.

Since Yang and Yin are in everthing in some way that is derived from the basic universe duality law.

I consider the " like or love " or admire " all yang attributes, and Hate, dislike and detest to be in the class of Yin

the attraction between one and another and it can be ANY life form are the YANG attribute

Once the two lists are determined way I have determined them , it becomes very easy to see the desirerable yang attributes and the undesirerable Yin attributes

Im attracted to women but their YANG attributes ONLY . None of the Yin . Yes I like the sensations of sex with women even though women are Yin when compared to Yang a man.

This does not mean women are ONLY yin and ONLY have yin attributes. Thats no logical . This is also true with men . Men have Yin attributes too .

The yin attributes of men are not desired by women and the Yin attributes of women are not desired by men .

Same rule applys to gay+ lesbians- and all life forms.

Have you ever desired to like a man who is old, slow, stupid, hateful, dishonest,negative attitude rude, dirty , sick , frowning all the time ?

I doubt you or anyone has ever deised this.There are all undesirable attributes

I desire younger NOT CHILDREN , smarter, heathier, attentive , fast, loving , positive , clean ,( no fish smell :lol:) , smileing all the time and happy women.

ONLY yang+ attributes are typically desired+ and by duality law ONLY yin- attributes are typically undesired-

I put + and - next to above words for better understanding .

As one uses my modle of yang yin logic , it begins to blossum into a world that has never been noticed before for as far as I can tell , ANYONE is this day and age.

In the beginning? oh yes . And Yang and yin logic still lives on today but like all things that start off good. Its tend to end bad.

A baby is born+ good+ fresh+ and latter dies- old- and rotten-

the ancients in China, I beleive, is where civilzations started. Not africa. The acients used the same logic of positive and negative, yang yin like I do today . Its just the way I see it . Others may see it differently .

Since then it has become corrupted and misdefined in many ways but still exits with much or the original still in place. and is alive in its own right. .

we all live here in present time with a past behind us and a future ahead of us .

When we see things the way they TRULY are , happiness can be achived but if not sadness and depression are present.

The more truth I see about the universe the happier , brighter , smarter and all the other yang attributes I take on in my every day life.

As more yang attributes arise, more yin attributes fall and fail . :)

The univrse may seem chaotic for those who misundersatnd it but it is THEE most bueatiful thing that exists in the universe is the universe itself .

It too is a very much an aware life form and I can prove that .

Its not just a vacuum with plants ( planets ) lights, darkness and water . :)

Edited by TaoMaster

the ancients in China, I beleive, is where civilzations started. Not africa. The acients used the same logic of positive and negative, yang yin like I do today . Its just the way I see it . Others may see it differently

Ah... we're now at talking about "out of Africa" theories being replaced with "out of China" ? Now we're getting to something truly novel and interesting :D

Ah... we're now at talking about "out of Africa" theories being replaced with "out of China" ? Now we're getting to something truly novel and interesting :D

its a gut feeling at best . ill leave it at that . If I dont know for sure I leave it alone . Its not known for now . May revisit some other day .

its a gut feeling at best . ill leave it at that . If I dont know for sure I leave it alone . Its not known for now . May revisit some other day .

There is great archaeology which speaks to this... so yes... maybe another thread :)

Fly onward ;)

• Like 1