TaoMaster

How do we know what's yin and what's yang . Really.

There are many ways of seeing yinyang. We can look at yinyang of "things". We can look at the yinyang of "processes". We can look at the "effect". We could look at the "direction".

Yinyang is a form of dialectic thought, but since it is rooted in an understanding of the bifurcation of "oneness", we could also call this a sort of "dialectic monism". One, Two, Three, and so forth.

The way these things are expressed, both from source-to-source and within one source, are often inconsistent.

A large part of the inconsistency is due to appropriation of ideas from one source to another without true regard to context.

One example I have seen is that when people coming from TCM, for example, will normally categorize "Heaven" as "yang" and Earth as "yin". People coming from studying, for example, macrobiotics will normally categorize "Heaven" as "yin" and Earth as "yang". So I have seen "taoist" authors such as Mantak Chia (among many others) referring to Heaven as yang - until they start writing about "diet" - where they suddenly start referring to Heaven as "yin", like macrobiotics - and possibly this is simply because they have grafted their diet ideas from macrobiotics without truly reading them.

Do they understand the reasons for the differences in classifying between the two (among others) systems of thought?

I would be interested in having a detailed dialog about yinyang classifications and expressions to explore the different ways various groups and people have taken up in seeing and applying yinyang understanding.

-VonKrankenhaus

Thanks for the comment. Nice name too Vonkrackenhaus, what is that german ? :)

I want to change my name some day . Still looking for a good one like yours.

Im thinkin John J Crackhour might be a good one. . Its gota snap to it . Like yours.

Maybe zoomzoomzoombangboom !!! :lol:

I see it as this Von . Heaven is yang and HELL is yin and earth is between the two .

Yes there is earth and outersapce but I dont consider outerspace heaven , do you ?

You can put your finger on the present but not the past or future.

You can put your finger on earth but not heaven or hell .

when you speak of heaven, is there really a heaven ?, How do I get there and put my finger on it ? :) I certainly know where earth is . Hell too. :angry:

Is heaven where we go when we die ? absolutly . Spiritually everyone without exception even if you raped the pope and kicked him between the legs. Or dropped a bomb on millions of inocent civilions on Japan in the 40's and slaughtered Jews in prisions camps . Its off to heaven you go .Youll still be going to Heaven I promise you that, ive been there alot I know :lol: Countless time and never hell .

ya its hell on earth some days and some days its heavenly . But both are still in the presnt time . BOTH exist. even if its just subjective existence, that too is existence.

so if heaven is yang and hell is yin then what is the present time ? there is a little hell and heven in the present time BOTH .

heres what ( present time ) looks like on paper

yang +>matter>energy>sensation+>x<-sensation<energy<matter<-yin

good sensations can be considerd heanve and bad sensation hell.

when you go to the extreme ends of the spectrum, heaven is at the far left and hell the far right bute there are lesser degrees between them too. Its not one extreme or the other ONLY .

sensation is central

or regarding time its,

Yang +>Future>present time+>x<-present time<Past<-Yin

without the future there can be no present and without the past there can be no present .

If you hit two rocks together and get a spark and ash , THATS present time . One rock is past and the other future. If you hit two symbols together , it generates a sound. The left symbol is yang and the right yin. The sound is whats generated between them.

You can leave the universe and view it all at once from the outside looking at it from above . I can . So can you . But youll just see existence because the law of duality does not exist outside of our universe . Youll see the beginning and the end of all existence. Its all there right now. all of it. :)Future present and past . Thats why its a UNIverse or single verse , universe. Its an item . ONE ITEM :)

lets look at genders male female. What about trans genders. I know I guy eh Girl , , Briana . Hes got a lot of yang attributes but also many yin attribtes. He can be considerd transgender. He looks like a female and has a dick.. , But sounds like a man when he speaks. :lol:

Every Body has yang and yin in them . Some more than others

Some guys are very yang and some guys have allot of yin or female attributes and go gay or lesbian who have allot of yang in them , respectively.

I like your comments so please comment as much as you want Von, Thanks again :)

I mean "Heaven" as in "Heaven/Man/Earth", not the biblical sort of "Heaven/Hell" stuff.

The Infinite, or, Infinite Heaven.

So, if we look at Heaven, or The Infinite, or even UNI-verse, as experiencable phenomenon, then it must have a complimentary opposite - like The Finite.

Perhaps we could call that Finite - looking at it as "opposite" of The Infinite - the Physical.

A wave, in physics, of shorter and shorter wavelength, increasing in frequency, eventually reaches a point where the wave is moving at Infinite "speed". This may be called Spiritualization".

Slower and slower waves, decreasing in frequency, may be seen as Physicalizing.

Going back to One, isn't it said that the Universe is expanding in all directions?

If so, then this Infinite One is going to bump into itself, infinitely.

Each collision appears as a "dualism", thus is the creation of the Phenomenal World.

So above I merely counted from 1 to 2.

Dualistic Monism. YinYang demonstrated inside a circle - like your profile image @"Tao Master".

But the two little dots you do not include (but logically and intuitively must form at the same instant) - that's what to 'get into' next?

And the real thing this thread asks to discuss should be discussed too - which seems to be, amongst the Phenomenal World - how do we most clearly discern "what is yin and what is yang", yes?

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

I mean "Heaven" as in "Heaven/Man/Earth", not the biblical sort of "Heaven/Hell" stuff.

The Infinite, or, Infinite Heaven.

So, if we look at Heaven, or The Infinite, or even UNI-verse, as experiencable phenomenon, then it must have a complimentary opposite - like The Finite.

Perhaps we could call that Finite - looking at it as "opposite" of The Infinite - the Physical.

A wave, in physics, of shorter and shorter wavelength, increasing in frequency, eventually reaches a point where the wave is moving at Infinite "speed". This may be called Spiritualization".

Slower and slower waves, decreasing in frequency, may be seen as Physicalizing.

Going back to One, isn't it said that the Universe is expanding in all directions?

If so, then this Infinite One is going to bump into itself, infinitely.

Each collision appears as a "dualism", thus is the creation of the Phenomenal World.

So above I merely counted from 1 to 2.

Dualistic Monism. YinYang demonstrated inside a circle - like your profile image @"Tao Master".

But the two little dots you do not include (but logically and intuitively must form at the same instant) - that's what to 'get into' next?

And the real thing this thread asks to discuss should be discussed too - which seems to be, amongst the Phenomenal World - how do we most clearly discern "what is yin and what is yang", yes?

-VonKrankenhaus

Hi Von

Got it and well said thank you . Infinite yang and limited yin or finite yin, same difference. .

Heaven, also known as outer space or the sky's above , man between the two, sky and earth .

I see man and all life forms as the central balance between heaven and earth but then earth is a life form as well .

Yang >+ mankind+x-mankind-<Yin. Man has both - +, so does female but then so does every thing else in the universe. X marks the spine of mankind ( mankind which includes women ) between the two sides of yang and yin .

there's a conflict here though. If yin is the absence of a thing and yang is the thing, then how do you consider the heavens above, ( the absence of things) as yang and earth Yin ?

I use heaven and hell as a dichotomy only as im not an advocate for Christan philosophy in any way, but the principal of yang , heaven and yin hell works well. There's a little of both on the planet at all times. Good people helping, please, give birth, and generally other good folks and those who kill torture, rape hurt and destroy. a little heavenly and a little hellish.

as for frequency and speed, agree 100 %. Dang you're good Von :) , Sincerely. The faster an object the brighter it gets and the slower, the dimmer it gets . Like a dimmer switch for a common light bulb . The dimmer switch slows the electrical frequency down and the light gets dimmer, Open the dial and the frequency gets faster and smaller and the light gets brighter.

Electricity is a form of light.

Light is like water from a garden hose . Its sprays outward and the further away you are from it the less power of force it has upon an object.

So the speed of light is always faster from its source than its origin . yang fast yin slow. Its never constant and it can be reflected like all other matter .

Yes......... rumor has it that the universe is expanding in all directions and as far as I can tell , it is in fact nothing more than a life form in its own right. Starting small and expanding outward in all directions. It'll die and vanish too like all life forms do . But no worries, there will be countless more in the future as there have been countless ones in the past. If life the creator of all things is infinite then so is/are all of life's physical creations

you lost me on the bump into itself Von, Example ? How does the universe bump into itself ? an analogy would work well here too .

Please explain the dots missing from my avatar. Love those analogies so pour them on, thick and juicy.

I removed them from my avatar as a means of presenting the symbol as perfect yang and yin . Rather than yang yin and black dot white dot , Kind of confusing ( yin ) If you describe them in different terms , ill get a better understanding of what your trying to say to me .

Yes, the purpose of this thread is in the title and it goes astray from time to time and that's ok too . Sometimes. :)

So how do YOU determine or discern whats yang and yin ? :)

<snip>

as for frequency and speed, agree 100 %. Dang you're good Von :) , Sincerely. The faster an object the brighter it gets and the slower, the dimmer it gets . Like a dimmer switch for a common light bulb . The dimmer switch slows the electrical frequency down and the light gets dimmer, Open the dial and the frequency gets faster and smaller and the light gets brighter.

<snip>

So the speed of light is always faster from its source than its origin . yang fast yin slow. Its never constant and it can be reflected like all other matter .

<snip>

03bf24bbf452e8dc3653b0da0931e280.jpg

A dimmer switch doesn't "slow the electrical frequency," brightness is not a function of frequency (in fact, it takes more energy to get the same level of brightness out of a higher-frequency light-source compared to a lower-frequency source), and light does not lose power as it spreads out because of decreasing speed.

Just lemme know if/when you ready to start emptying that cup, OK?

• Like 1

Generally speaking, a dimmer switch works by either increasing the load on the circuit (the older approach) or by altering the waveform (the more common approach these days) in order to reduce the current flow. The load-based approach had two drawbacks -- it tended to generate a lot of heat at the switch and it significantly reduced the voltage-drop (potential difference) across the "real" load (generally an incandescent bulb but sometimes a motor or other device). The waveform-modification approach leaves the peak voltage unchanged but "clips" part of the sine curve of the alternating current so that the effective voltage (generally calculated as root-mean-square (RMS)) can be reduced by clipping more of the curve. This approach draws far less power (so less heat to dissipate) and electronics are happier because they still "see" the peak voltage they want. Both approaches, however, do nothing to the frequency. (The load-based approach is typically used for DC circuits, BTW.)

Brightness is a function of electromagnetic flux -- which is very similar to current in an electrical discussion. You can increase current by increasing voltage or decreasing impedance but frequency really doesn't come into play. Similarly with light, you can increase brightness by have more photons flow through the detection area (meter, lens, eye, whatever) -- changing frequency just changes the color of the light in the same way that changing the frequency of sound makes the pitch higher or lower; the loudness of the sound isn't a direct function of the pitch.

Energy radiating from a point-source in all directions (like light from a candle or star, for instance) leaves its source at a particular rate (which may vary over time or whatever but let's assume for the purposes of this discussion that it is a constant output). Let's say, for the sake of discussion that there are a thousand photons per second leaving my point-source and travelling in straight lines in all directions, equally distributed. Let's also assume that the source is surrounded by a vacuum. The photons will travel at roughly 186 thousand miles per second (the speed of light in a vacuum) regardless of how far they travel. What changes is how far apart they are.

Let's say we take a light-meter and hold it a certain distance from the source, and we measure 25 photons per second hitting our detector. That's 25 out of 1000, or 2.5% of the energy the source is producing. Now, let's move that light-meter exactly twice as far away from the source. The paths of the photons spread out more and more as they go farther and farther from the source and now we will measure 5 photons per second. That's only 5 out of 1000, or 0.5% of the total energy. Putting it another way, if we move from the farther distance to the closer distance, the distance is cut in half but the energy is squared (5x5=25). This is called an inverse-square rule and it is how electromagnetic energy works. Happens to be how electrical energy and magnetic energy work (not surprisingly since electromagnetic energy is the dynamic combination of those two) and it is also how gravity and sound work as well (among other energies). The speed of light isn't changing, the closeness of the photons is (flux density, in physics-speak).

Notice I am talking about "energy" rather than "power" here. The two terms are not interchangeable but they are tightly related. As an FYI, power drops off according to an inverse-cube rule rather than an inverse-square rule.

Make sense?

• Like 1

old chi wrote :

The question in the title is flawed. What's yin and what's yang? There is no such thing, there are relative gradiations of yin and yang. You can only grade by comparison. Water is Yang compared to Ice. Fire is yin compared to the heat of the sun....its relative and one is within the other.

Taomaster replyed :

The title is a simple question and I don't see how its flawed. When you say there's no such thing ? THAT is a flawed statement, Yin, its oppositional to my question.

whats steam in relation to water . ? which one is yang and which is yin ?

There is yang and yin in every thing .

But then you say Water is yang .

if there is no such thing as yang and yin then how can water be Yang .

Do you see what I mean ? You are in conflict with your own statements and are attracted to other yin's as well.

Yin attracts yin and yang attracts yang .

I can see you are simply having trouble expressing your thoughts .

All you are saying is "more" or one thing is yang and yin is less when you compare fire to the sun . Both are yangs

yes the word "more" is yang and the word "less" is yin .

The sun has more yang than the fire but both are yang attributes. and they have opposites of cold and cool . also both yins.

if this is true then what are the rest of all the words we use in all the dictionary's in all the languages?

Its a matter of literacy. There's yang and yin in every thing but some things have more yin and yang in each respectfully .

Like Von mentions the errors are in the context that are used.

I see the way you are using it very clearly but I also see how its used in a way that came after the original Yang and yin before language or while language was brought into existence.

My question in the title is about the original yang and yin that has nothing to do with language or words.

Language, words and context came after .

Perhaps you'd consider the title to be accurate if it said how do we know what has more yang and less yin ?

How did you come to the conclusion that Fire or the sun are yang ? Not yin ?

How do you know cold is yin or heat is yang ?

also Fire and the Sun are pretty much the same things. Just more of one in the other and I know theres more to yanga nd yin than the terms more or less.................. right ?

My question is not how is yang and yin relative to one another or other yang's and yin . I already understand that .

The flaw is the lack of understanding my question Im pretty sure . :)

Edited by TaoMaster

Generally speaking, a dimmer switch works by either increasing the load on the circuit (the older approach) or by altering the waveform (the more common approach these days) in order to reduce the current flow. The load-based approach had two drawbacks -- it tended to generate a lot of heat at the switch and it significantly reduced the voltage-drop (potential difference) across the "real" load (generally an incandescent bulb but sometimes a motor or other device). The waveform-modification approach leaves the peak voltage unchanged but "clips" part of the sine curve of the alternating current so that the effective voltage (generally calculated as root-mean-square (RMS)) can be reduced by clipping more of the curve. This approach draws far less power (so less heat to dissipate) and electronics are happier because they still "see" the peak voltage they want. Both approaches, however, do nothing to the frequency. (The load-based approach is typically used for DC circuits, BTW.)

Brightness is a function of electromagnetic flux -- which is very similar to current in an electrical discussion. You can increase current by increasing voltage or decreasing impedance but frequency really doesn't come into play. Similarly with light, you can increase brightness by have more photons flow through the detection area (meter, lens, eye, whatever) -- changing frequency just changes the color of the light in the same way that changing the frequency of sound makes the pitch higher or lower; the loudness of the sound isn't a direct function of the pitch.

Energy radiating from a point-source in all directions (like light from a candle or star, for instance) leaves its source at a particular rate (which may vary over time or whatever but let's assume for the purposes of this discussion that it is a constant output). Let's say, for the sake of discussion that there are a thousand photons per second leaving my point-source and travelling in straight lines in all directions, equally distributed. Let's also assume that the source is surrounded by a vacuum. The photons will travel at roughly 186 thousand miles per second (the speed of light in a vacuum) regardless of how far they travel. What changes is how far apart they are.

Let's say we take a light-meter and hold it a certain distance from the source, and we measure 25 photons per second hitting our detector. That's 25 out of 1000, or 2.5% of the energy the source is producing. Now, let's move that light-meter exactly twice as far away from the source. The paths of the photons spread out more and more as they go farther and farther from the source and now we will measure 5 photons per second. That's only 5 out of 1000, or 0.5% of the total energy. Putting it another way, if we move from the farther distance to the closer distance, the distance is cut in half but the energy is squared (5x5=25). This is called an inverse-square rule and it is how electromagnetic energy works. Happens to be how electrical energy and magnetic energy work (not surprisingly since electromagnetic energy is the dynamic combination of those two) and it is also how gravity and sound work as well (among other energies). The speed of light isn't changing, the closeness of the photons is (flux density, in physics-speak).

Notice I am talking about "energy" rather than "power" here. The two terms are not interchangeable but they are tightly related. As an FYI, power drops off according to an inverse-cube rule rather than an inverse-square rule.

Make sense?

Hey Brian . Sorry I dont get it . Didn't get it a few months ago either when you posted the same kind of post, and most likely anyone else who reads it although there will be others who may chime in and say ya that's it Brian , you've got it . All that tells me is that they joined you in opposition to me. Still makes no sense. :(

Anyone can say " here's my proof "" See its proof right here."

Look :)

The higher the frequency, the brighter and the less frequent, the dimmer.

emkay there big guy ?

THIS link will take you to a page that confirms my statements as true.

Do you have an unbiased web page link that confirms yours ? :D

Can you help in regards to the title of the thread ? :)

Edited by TaoMaster
  • Like 1

Yeah, I've never considered you genuine so your disinegenuity doesn't disappoint me. My offer was sincere, though, so I sincerely extended the proffered assistance when the invitation was accepted despite the apparent contempt.

• Like 2

There is nothing to ask about the Tao. There is also nothing that it cannot answer. When the Great Simplicity of the true origin divided, the Tao gave birth to the One. The One gave birth to the Two, and the Two gave birth to the Three. The One is structure, the Two is function, and the Three is transformation. Structure and form are nothing but yin and yang, and transformation is the result of yin and yang copulating.

The Tao is never far from humanity. It is humanity that has moved away from the Tao. People nowadays are distant from the Tao because they do not know the method of cultivating life. If you do not know the method of cultivating life, then you will not be able to do the right thing at the right time, and if you are ignorant of the schedule of the cyclical changes, you will not be able to penetrate the secret workings of heaven and earth.

Tao is never far from humanity.

Humanity moves away from Tao by questioning Tao.

When nothing is asked, nothing is left unanswered.

• Like 1

when I said " im all ears " it was for OLDCHI bro ,

If a person punches you in the nose, that's yin . Its a undesirable hurtful act so I consider the action as a whole as yin . Im pretty sure you're gonna want to punch em back or do something else harmful to him/her or to another after that. Its pretty much common knowledge with many I know. That holds true for any life form. You think ?

When a person speaks to you and you ignore them , I consider that an action of yin.

When a person speaks to you in terms that are respectful , I consider that an act of yang . Its a good thing.

Its cultivates , or brings about more yang attributes from the the person you are speaking with .

There are certainly different degrees of yang and yin like the dimmer switch in terms of frequency .

Unfortunately ALL of your posts have been opposed inwards towards me and that's ok but it brings out the YIN in me that's says ignore you .

we ve already been through this if you re read our comments . Since I cant ignore your posts with website controls. I just don't read them anymore.

I understand EXACTLY whats happening between us but all I can say is don't follow me around the message boards in opposition to me . Opposition ( yin ) breeds more opposition ( yin ) and complements breed more complements. Put me on your ignore list if you want .

I doubt you and I will ever be in agreement and its only going to bring you down . You don't understand whats happening here and its making you a little crazy . I understand that so just don't read my posts and you'll be fine.

Look at the posts between me and Taomeow. Then look at ours. :)

Im just saying this to help you out . I hate to see you or anyone suffer and its obvious you are having a very difficult and miserable time with my comments.

The best solution is to not read them and not comment. Doncha think ?

Do you get this ? :)

Im sure you're a good man and all but you are making yourself loco reading the materials I post . Ive seen this same phenomena with others who post material like mine that is too difficult to understand . They get attacked too even though they are speaking truth. Ive seen it many many times before.

I can deal with a little yin here and there but that's not the case with us bro .

Take care and good luck big guy :)

Edited by TaoMaster

Re:

-----

there's a conflict here though. If yin is the absence of a thing and yang is the thing, then how do you consider the heavens above, ( the absence of things) as yang and earth Yin ?

-----

The absence of "a thing" is "no things" - so there is no phenomena, no yin/yang. Uni. One.

The view that Heaven is yang and Earth is yin means that the viewer is not looking at the physical phenomena, the "objects", but more like looking at the "actions", or "how that thing is moving".

If we look at physical phenomena to judge, then it is obvious that Heaven is right now expanded and Earth is right now condensed in comparison. Expansion is "spirit" and contraction is "matter" - and if we choose to look at it this way then Heaven is expanded or "yin" and Earth is compacted or "yang".

TCM is not looking at physical in saying Heaven is yang and Earth is yin - it is looking at "actions" and "effect".

Macrobiotics is one group using the expanded/yin and contracted/yang way of looking, because it is an adaptaion trying to explain these in physical terms to westerners and modern scientists who have been thought to have a materialist leaning.

The profile image: Nothing is completely and solely yin or yang. That would be the end of "thing", the end of phenomena.

YinYang is about phenomena. One is not Yin and not yang, but one-ness.

Infinite One, expanding in all directions from One, will "meet itself" infinitely. If it doesn't, then no phenomena could exist.

-VonKrankenhaus

Re:

-----

"Yin attracts yin and yang attracts yang ."

-----

If we label the "-" and "+" poles of a magnet "yin" and "yang", would two magnets attract when their yin poles meet? Or would they attract when the opposite poles meet?

Yin repels yin and yang repels yang in that example, and many others.

Yin attracts yang and yang attracts yin.

BIG yin attracts SMALL yin, and BIG yang attracts SMALL yang.
And that is what is behind the "law of attraction" people talk about.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Just ignore him, Brian. He's like a typical religious nut..... taking a few facts and burying them in his own horrible ideas.

My only hope is that nobody reads this crap and thinks it's worth anything. Any kind of cross-referencing or critical thinking will show its true worth so I don't think we have to worry too much.

Re:

-----

"Yin attracts yin and yang attracts yang ."

-----

If we label the "-" and "+" poles of a magnet "yin" and "yang", would two magnets attract when their yin poles meet? Or would they attract when the opposite poles meet?

2 + attract, and 2 - attract, but + and - repel

rather than plus and minus , you use front and back . Front is positive and back neg.

Fronts sticks to front and backs stick to back

the sides all stick to all sides and the top and bottom as well .

BUT

when you simply reverse one of the two magnets ( flip it 180 ) all sides will repel

So we have complementary and oppositional qualities , Yang and yin respectively

Front= F Back =BK Left side =LS right side =RS bottom= B top =T

>< = repel

<> = stick

both magnets facing frontwards towards your face. ++

F<>F+

BK<>BK-

B<>B-

T<>T+

T<>B-

B<>T+

RS<>RS-

LS<>LS+

LS<>RS-

RS>

By simply turning one of the two magnets around 180 degrees this is what it looks like

One magnet faces towards you and one magnet facing backwards towards you +-

F> BK> B> T> T> B> RS> LS> LS> RS>

I use to install magnets on windows and doors from 1977 to 2009......... 10's of thousands easily I had employees do the same for over 20 years too .

I know magnetism and opposition very very well :)

When you force two magnets together in the oppositional positions, the fields increase but when they stick the fields grow smaller . It becomes weak

the fields are at the tops and bottoms and are null in the centers

So its Yang + x -Yin neg

X= null or neutral :)

Its the force between opposing fields that becomes whats known as a generator

You can generate electricity with opposition .

every thing in the universe with the exception of spiritual life is generated some way with + or -

two + or two - will not generate any thing

if

+ and - >< forced = generation

then

by the law of duality

- and - or + and + bring about vanishment :) Pooooooof :excl:

a thing must have opposition to exist. no exceptions .

When we put a thought up a mental image, It need some thing to keep it there . Its kept there with attention . Attention is the act of + and - being pushed together.

a happy face like this one :) . See it ? ok now take your attention off of it and it'll vanish . POOOOF !! :) gone.

Yin repels yin and yang repels yang in that example, and many others.

Yin attracts yang and yang attracts yin.

BIG yin attracts SMALL yin, and BIG yang attracts SMALL yang.

And that is what is behind the "law of attraction" people talk about.

-VonKrankenhaus

Unfortunately Von , they ( the people ) have it backwards. :( ( Yin )

like fields do attract but unlike fields with + - Yang and yin , repel.

if you and another person both agree its yang and when you and another disagree its Yin

How do you feel when you disagree with another person and how do you feel when you agree.?

Agreements feel good ( Yang ) and disagreement feels bad. (Yin)

NEXT

I don't use yang and yin like the Asian cultures . I use them in a scientific way.

The eastern cultures are thee most ancient. They were here first YANG They incorporated + and- into there languages. All others came after and they are Yin

I have a HUGE respect for the Asian cultures as well and Im a Irish American who knew nothing about this yang yin stuff until Feb of this year . Yang always comes first and yin follows.

If you simply buy a couple of bar magnets, you can put masking tape over all sides tops and bottoms and then label Front top back and left side right side. Then do the test yourself and confirm everything Im saying to tbe 100 % truthful and sincere :)

Im here to help anyone who wants it . :) This brings about agreement and vanishment of any unresolved questions.

Im not here to help anyone who doesn't want my help :( That generates conflict. Its better for them and me if the 50% who oppose me dont post comments here.

Logic is the basis for sanity

so by law of duality

Illogic brings about insanity.

this stuff is 100 % logic :)

The law of attraction is Front faceing Front where all positions attract together as one :wub:

Its not a religion and 50 percent will say im a religious nut They are the opposers in life ( YIN ) . You'll find them attacking me .

They hate me and its eating them up . While others love my posts and threads and like my comments.

If there were a like and hate button on this website id be 50/50 on the average . :)

They know who they are

The other 50 will be with me ( yang )

And no this stuff is not religion . Its pure logic 101

Spirituality is part of all this . It must be when you consider who puts the + and - in play every moment .

take the poles of a charged up car battery and touch the positive to negative BAM !! sparks

touch two like poles of two batteries . Nothing

there is ONLY yang and yin in the universe and spirituality a ( non thing ) puts it there .

and its done instantly Von, time is an illusion

Attraction is brought about by the sensations of yang and yin getting close to one another .

No two or more things in the universe ever ever touch .

the avatar I use has black and white . The white side + yang never actually touches the Black . They only come close and generate sensation . The sensation generated by yang and yin is what is attractive between two or more people.

Sensations are generated by yang and yin getting close in proximity.

a man and woman are as close as they can be when making a new person . Its called sex. Hes all the way in her Taco Bell . You know us guys . if we could wed crawl right up the entrance and live happily every after if we could but that's another subject .

Edited by TaoMaster

Just ignore him, Brian. He's like a typical religious nut..... taking a few facts and burying them in his own horrible ideas.

My only hope is that nobody reads this crap and thinks it's worth anything. Any kind of cross-referencing or critical thinking will show its true worth so I don't think we have to worry too much.

LOL Yeah, but not a typical religious nut -- he's an extraordinary one! :) Early in his presence here, he told us that he is not just a master of Tao but is THE TaoMaster, the one person in the history of the world who has truly understood yang & yin and therefore truly understands everything there is to understand about the entire universe. He's also told us that anyone who questions his righteous authority is a hate-filled liar and that such lies actually bear witness to the infallibility and capital-T Truth of his liturgy. :)

I had forgotten that he can't put me on an ignore list since I am a Moderator -- and apparently he is unable to exercise self-control and simply not read my posts despite his claims that he doesn't (he somehow manages to disparage the content of posts he doesn't read, which I suppose is proof of divine nature in its own right?) He seems to think I am stalking him but, in fact, I read almost every single post in every thread on the forum (I say "almost" because I sometimes am away for days and don't always try to catch up on everything, and I occasionally skim over the bizarre mental masturbation contests which seem to pop up predominantly in the Buddhist sub-forum for some reason).

I generally don't bother to poke holes in his home-grown theology or cosmogony but I do occasionally hop in to clarify or correct his blatant misstatements about natural philosophy upon which much of his "logic" is based -- in part to shine a disinfecting light on matters (always with a sincere offer to help elucidate if/when he is ready) and in part because the exercise helps me maintain touch with my own educational background.

He thinks he agitates me because I don't understand him when actually, early in our discussions, I was telling him I thought he had legitimately discovered a thread of truth from which he now mistakenly sought to weave an entire tapestry. There is more than is dreamt of in his philosophy and that is no basis for despise; instead, I hope and wish for him to one day notice that only one bulb is lit in his string of Christmas lights.

What he ought to do, honestly, is request a Personal Practice Forum and post his sermons there.

Oooo, don't call him a Ying-Yangist! He hates that.

He's a Yang-Yinist instead.

First Church of Scientological Yang-Yin (Reformed)

He's got yang-yin out the ying-yang.

:D

(Good thing he doesn't read my posts, though, or I'd really get a talking to this time.)

• Like 2

Re:

-----

"I don't use yang and yin like the Asian cultures . I use them in a scientific way."

"Im a Irish American who knew nothing about this yang yin stuff until Feb of this year"

-----

Well,,, okay,,,why didn't you write this at the start of the thread?

That stuff above, just those two sentences out of the many, give some good perspective to anyone trying to make their way through those long expositions containing scores of assertions.

I just got here on TTB forum, so I haven't had any sort of background of seeing who posts what and who anyone is or isn't.

I do welcome any experiences that "personalize" things and increase understanding.

In any event, I too am interested in scientific, and other, explanations and applications of YinYang thinking. I've been looking at, experiencing, and thinking about these things for over 4 decades and I have found imeasurable fun in it, including my participation in this thread, which has been fun for all kinds of reasons. Thanks to everyone participating.

Re:

-----

"take the poles of a charged up car battery and touch the positive to negative BAM !! sparks

touch two like poles of two batteries . Nothing"

-----

That spark isn't rejection or repelling. It's yin/yang attraction as current moving from a power source to ground. The attraction is strong, and It'll burn up anything too small to go through, such as a tiny narrow wire, or air, or a human finger. Touching like poles means no flow of yin/yang, no polarity, no duality.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3

attraction between a man and woman for example is the exchanging of yang and yin respectively between them . When its very hot sparks will fly as in a figure of speech.

both men and women have yang and yin but men have more yang and less yin and women vs versa.

When you see gay couples or lesbians , many times you see the yang and yin between them and who]s the yang and who]s the yin in te couple.

So its about quantity of yang and yin when it comes to life forms.

But bad guys ( life forms ) tend to associate with other bad guys and good guys hang out with outer good guys . Typically

when ever life has a say in the matter anything can happen but im just saying typically as a rule . Its an attraction .

With men and women , men love the feminine and feminine love the masculine but both have Masculine and feminine attributes and these attributes are what attract even though it may seem they are attracted to opposites., The yin in man attracts the yin in female and the and the yang in females attracts the yang in males.

Its really the yang and yin interchange between them that attract . It generates sensations between them or yang and yin . Even the action of sex is , inwards yin and outward yang , in out in out in out BANG ! done , package delivered have a nice day GF. :wub::lol:

This is probably way too far advanced to understand but anyone can see this stuff if they want its all there to be known by anyone not just me :)

so the law of attraction in general is yang attracts yang and yin attracts yin . If you mop a floor, Offer free $100 bills at a homeless shelter :D:D:D , but if you offer to kill someones pet dog or cat they will say hey no way man whada u crazy ? :angry::)

Edited by TaoMaster

Oooo, don't call him a Ying-Yangist! He hates that.

He's a Yang-Yinist instead.

First Church of Scientological Yang-Yin (Reformed)

He's got yang-yin out the ying-yang.

:D

(Good thing he doesn't read my posts, though, or I'd really get a talking to this time.)

haha I haven't been a scientologist since 1985 holms, didn't get very far with it :(

You want me to send you my picture ? you can chew on that and ridicule my looks too . Your pic gets mine :lol:

what else ya got? Thats it ? doesn't surprise me :lol:

:lol:

I actually like this post from you. maybe we can be friends after all

• Like 1

Well,,, okay,,,why didn't you write this at the start of the thread?

didnt know it would be a problem Von

That stuff above, just those two sentences out of the many, give some good perspective to anyone trying to make their way through those long expositions containing scores of assertions.

ya my threads seem to go on and on . :)

I do welcome any experiences that "personalize" things and increase understanding.

Can you give an example of personalize ? Just so Im clear on that .

In any event, I too am interested in scientific, and other, explanations and applications of YinYang thinking. I've been looking at, experiencing, and thinking about these things for over 4 decades and I have found immeasurable fun in it, including my participation in this thread, which has been fun for all kinds of reasons. Thanks to everyone participating.

Glad you like it , hit the like button when ever you like? I need all the likes I can get :)

Re:

-----

"take the poles of a charged up car battery and touch the positive to negative BAM !! sparks

touch two like poles of two batteries . Nothing"

-----

That spark isn't rejection or repelling. It's yin/yang attraction as current moving from a power source to ground. The attraction is strong, and It'll burn up anything too small to go through, such as a tiny narrow wire, or air, or a human finger. Touching like poles means no flow of yin/yang, no polarity, no duality.

-VonKrankenhaus

No the spark is whats generated between the two charged poles coming close in proximity .

Did you find the posts Ive made that has instructions on how to determine yang and yin ( or which is which ) ?

its pretty cool and its not something you read about . It will actually raise your awareness level and much much more. If you'd like I can put the drill in this thread after this one .

you do the drill as a form of meditation every day and you'll be blown away . You have nothing to lose but the time you put into it and if you do it correctly , you will begin to get results fast . It will increase your awareness level in ways you cant even imagine at your present state.

youll read many posts from my haters ( I love haters too ) its all good. Its there way of saying I hate you because you are more aware than me .

Yin brings a person down and yang lifts a person up . But you already know Its funny in a way when i read what my haters are complaining about too . 1 x 0 = 1 typo so there for all my thinking must be wrong .

Or i get bashed for not actually having any magnets ? :lol: seriously ? so be sure to notice exactly what kind of negative comments and who they are from . THAT will tell you much about the person in general.

Edited by TaoMaster

where're the yin and yang in this image:

lonely-beautiful-tree.jpg

I don't mean the pixels on your screen, I mean the real tree, growing on and in the real Earth, under the real sky, with sun and shade, seen and unseen elements, with distance, height, and width, with changing reality every moment, growth... where are yin and the yang in the landscape?

• Like 4

Re:

-----

"No the spark is whats generated between the two charged poles coming close in proximity ."

-----

I don't see that as being how an electrical circuit works (IE: a battery with two wires attached, where we touch the wires).

Current doesn't flow between two "charged poles". And it doesn't flow back and forth.

It flows from a power source to ground. It is a convention to name the ground pole or wire "-".

It's not as if the "-" pole is "charged up" with ground.

-VonKrankenhaus