TaoMaster

How do we know what's yin and what's yang . Really.

Sincere apologies to VonKrankenhaus for my stupidity in editing his post instead of quoting it as intended.

I hope you'll be able to recall what you wrote as it was quite worthy of this discussion.

-- Soaring Crane (not feeling terribly soar-y right now)

• Like 2

Re:

Sincere apologies to VonKrankenhaus for my stupidity in editing his post instead of quoting it as intended.

I hope you'll be able to recall what you wrote as it was quite worthy of this discussion.

Incredible.

Perhaps, if anyone was able to read it and remember what it contained, they could post about it and I would respond with re-presentation of some of the ideas it addressed.

I will take precaution to write longer posts in a separate text editor so there is another copy available should this happen again.

Thank you.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus

Please believe that this isn't the norm here. And I'm not using my phone for quoting text anymore, promise.

When I write a longer post, I always at least select all/copy before posting, just in case my browser crashes. But having mods overwrite your posts is a pretty obscure danger.

It was a good post, that's why I wanted to quote it.

I think this only apply to the left and right arms.

If you are right handed, then your right hand is Yang and the left is Yin.

If you are left handed, then your left hand is Yang and the right is Yin.

I think yang and yin apply to every thing . in some way or another . I had to give this a good look see a while back and came to a conclusion .

analogy

the sun rises in the east , it came first , YANG

the light of day starts ( yang ) in the east and trails ( or ends ) in the west . so west is YIN

if you remove the head of your body and replace it with the earth as your head then the left side of your body is Yang and the right side is YIN

feel me ?

the light of day will start ( yang ) on the left side of your body and trail into and finish on the right side ( YIN )

all things in the universe without exception have a beginning Yang and an end Yin.

look at a pencil

it has a tip at one end that is sharp ( yang ) and an eraser that is dull at the other end ( YIN )

but as a " thing" you simply can not have one or the other . You must have both yang and yin for a thing to be a thing . You wont find one without the other

every thing, without exception, in the universe has a beginning and end

the beginning of light has darkness at its end like the pencil The light came first and it ends with darkness.

THIS is how light in the universe came first . It was one big light and as the light diminishes it leaves a trail of dark at its Yin side (or pole) Like a black hole that was once all light is now all dark

the difference between the pencil and the universe is that the pencil is shaped different and nothing else. Shape is irrelevant.

both the universe ( a life form ) and the pencil have 6 sides. They both have a beginning and end .

all things in the universe have 6 sides and there are no exceptions to that .

all things have a

front+ back -

left+ right -

top+ and bottom -

the front is always the beginning and the back is always the end

each of the above have centers between each item .

present time is the center between the future and the past Reality comes first and the illusion after . we have both illusions and reality all around us they are two poles of the same item.

all of which are yang+ and yin- respectively

typically when a child is born it comes out head+ first+ ( YANG+ and YANG + ) and the feet- trail- and the birth ends- with its feet- last - ( YIN- and yin - )

there's direction generated by yang and yin.

next

The black hole , no not that hole Marble Head . :o:)

is the trail end of light . Its a burned out star that was once light but now its black

see how light always comes first ?

so when I say a black hole is Yin , its the trailing end of light yang . It was all lit up and now all you see is the blackness after .

you will not ever have light without dark after it and there is no exception . They are BOTH the same item with a yang at the beginning pole and a yin and the ending pole . Like the bullet from a gun but spherical baby

the whole universe was all light in the beginning and its almost all gone now . Its left a trail of black in its wake but its still living

A Galaxy starts small and grows larger and then burns out leaving blackness in its wake .

the future+ comes first+ and trails with and finally ends- with the past - :)

spiritually I can leave my body now and see the beginning of the universe and its end all at once ( time is an illusion )

it starts with a single light +

it ends with total black no thing -

together they make yang and yin as a single unit or sphere so to speak .

light is first like the tip of a bullet ( YANG ) being fired from a gun with its trail end of the bullet following behind ( YIN ) but its spherical 360 degrees. :)

so bottom line ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

our universe started+ all light+ and its aging and turning all dark- last- .

happy ? :lol:

this stuff is so simple once you understand the machine.

when you do your life will run like a well oiled machine too with allot of broken parts around you called other people who don't understand the machine .

if you want YOUR machine ( life ) to run like a well oiled machine, DTD. do the drill

the spiritual Yang Yin exercises .. You'll be amazed and all those " things" you do in life that you'd truly do not want in your life will vanish forever .

its free to and I offer tech support as well . :lol::)

Edited by TaoMaster
  • Like 1

There's more to it than that. For example, what's the head? What about the knees? Does the body position affect yin /yang? Does it change with the time of day? With age? If yang sinks, how can the yang qi flow from fingertips to head? It gets a lot deeper than that.

the head comes first its at the top , its yang

left knee yang right knee Yin

the position does make a difference

when it faces forward its yang when it faces backward ( illusion ) its YIN

when it turns to left Ynag and right YIN

Its Yang in the AM and yin in the PM

Yang when born and young and yin when its old and dies

Yang never sinks it goes up and YIN sinks down :) Yang goes up and outward and yin goes in and down

give me more SC

there is NO thing in the universe I do not or can not explain .

You can go as deep as you like . I thrive on this stuff and IM VERY VERY good at it . :D

Edited by TaoMaster
  • Like 1

very nice thx . :) i missed that outer and inner legs part . didn't notice that until you mentioned it . :)

whats left arm and right arm , left leg and right leg ?

ears and nostrils ? Mouth ?, butt hole ?

I think this only apply to the left and right arms.

If you are right handed, then your right hand is Yang and the left is Yin.

If you are left handed, then your left hand is Yang and the right is Yin.

What I meant here was that the ears and nostrils, mouth, butt hole and the legs do not have attribute as the hands do.

• Like 1

I think VonKrankenhaus was appraising the pictures was being posted. And expressed, in Taoism and Buddhism, there are lot to be debated about but more can be experienced.

And I liked it too..... :)

Edited by ChiDragon

What I meant here was that the ears and nostrils, mouth, butt hole and the legs do not have attribute as the hands do.

well if you consider EVERY thing from the smallest particle to the largest Galaxy is made of yang AND yin without exception then than means you just don't see it .

left nostril yang right is yin

left ear right ear

food goes in mouth first and comes out butt hole last , it starts out good and ends up like crap .

food looks good tastes good and smells good all yang

crap looks bad smells bad and tastes bad all yin

Light starts bright and ends up dark

democrat ( left ) yang

republican ( right ) yin

liberal Yang

conservative YIn

democrats want more freedoms while repubs want more laws, typically speaking .

freedom is yang and laws are yin

east Yang west Yin

My technology is pre i ching technology or philosophy......... Its more basic . Its yang it came first

I can tell you the ultimate reality of the universe :) but you will not believe me . No one does :(

you shouldn't either You should know the truth yourself .

put all your books away

put all your beliefs aside and do the drills every day for a few moths and your IQ will skyrocket .

you will figure it all out on your own , as it should be .

there will be nothing anyone can throw at you , that you will not be able to resolve using the yang and yin exercise.

the closer you get to the center between yang and yin the less they tend to show their attributes.

when a person stays stay centered ? we cant help but stay centered while at rest, but we can move to the left or right of center and tip the scale.

Criminals tend to be dishonest- while Cops tend to be honest +

MOST police cars are black and white .

these are examples of yang and yin with exceptions because they are very close to center and cross over and back and over again and back . We all know there are bad cops and criminals who do not commit crimes .They are both in jail now :lol: or perhaps should be .

there are some things about yang and yin that have no exception

yang and yin, as the basic law of duality B):) there is no exception to the basic law from which all laws are derived.

the close you get to the basic law of duality the less exceptions so by the law of duality the further away from the basic law the more exceptions there are to the law .

:)

Edited by TaoMaster

give me more SC

ok, in this order:

a door

a closed door

an open door

a door hinge

a door frame

(it's nice that you have so much fun with this, so I'm not going to spoil it)

• Like 1

I'm feeling quite guilty now :blush:

And I even spent a little time today to see if it was cached somewhere in a table... lets drink to holiday cheer... and guilt :)

• Like 2

yang is only related to other yang's .

yin is only related to other yins

you can compare any thing to any thing but the law of relativity Albert known as E=MC2 is not all there . hes got the energy and mass and most of it correct but yang and yin are not related that way . they relate to each other ONLY even thogh they make a single item .

relativity means some sort of relationship .

the ONLY relation to yang and yin is that they both exist in the same universe.

yang and yin form a universe in their own right . Each THING is a universe. positive yang and negative yin are NOT related They violate the relationship so to speak . Comparative yes related no . Yang and yin are matter squared. Matter is a solid form of energy. Its positive matter and negative matter in a close relationship . THEY NEVER touch . They repel and generate energy like the field of a magnet down with the tow opposing fields.

you can compare yang and yin to each other but the beginning can never be the end and the end can never be the beginning .

yang always comes first . and yin always comes after it .

can you fire a bullet backwards into a gun , including the explosion at the end rather than the beginning ?

when you sharpen and use a pencil and then sharpen and use it over and over it will come to an end and be useless.

when a baby is born it comes to an end at old age and dies. ( unless it dies for some other reason before that )

each cell in a life form is a life form in its own right > they reproduce on their own cells but can only do it so many times like the sharpening of the pencil . After a while they begin to fail to reproduce and vital body parts begin to fail.

a flower starts+ as a seed , grows larger + up+ to a center peaking point and then bends over and reduces in size slightly, falls- down- and dies-.

so do people

its a wave length of up first yang and down last yin . a roller coaster ride of sorts . A bucking bronco up and down

a bullet starts out of the gun fast yang . then peaks and slows down and stops yin .

when you do the exercise of yang yin package the whole universe will make sense. :)

intelligence ( IQ ) is the ability to see difference and similarity. YOU will get so good at it, your intel, will go off the charts , I shirt thee not :)

occams razor

e=MC2 aka.....this is the universe on drugs. :lol:

yang yin package ?

yang+matter+energy+sensation+ X - sensation-energy-matter-yin

this is MY universe , on paper

compare it to Albert E's stuff :lol: LMAO

Dawei,

I don't drink but you've got some good timing skills and humor. Ill be laughing at your post for the rest of the day it was that good.

I know what its like to lose an hours worth of text . I almost lost some myself a minute ago but I always select all and copy at the very least as I go from now on .

Spell checkers working and I can attach pictures now too .

I gave up using my cell phone to post , its just asking for trouble .

• Like 1

ok, in this order:

a door

a closed door

an open door

a door hinge

a door frame

(it's nice that you have so much fun with this, so I'm not going to spoil it)

Yang ><YIN

door ><not door

door><frame

closed yin

open yang

hinge ><Not hinge

look at it like an argument or a game between yang and yin. Yang always serves the ball to yin

I say yes and you say no yang and yin respectivley

hindges come in parts

the pin is Yang and the hole it enters in YIN

the screws are yang and the holes they enter are ? anyone ?

The Hinge

left side><right side

top><bottom

front><back

if a mistake is ever made when using the exercise , it can always be revisited and corrected.

Its best to start off with single words that are very obviouse at first like when learning to play the piano

Ill start a personal practice page as soon as Im allowed in the door so to speak . Right now that door is closed YIN for me .

the pin is Yang and the hole it enters in YIN

the screws are yang and the holes they enter are ?

I have no idea.

how can anyone screw that up ? :lol: just kidding

You weren't just kidding...... :D

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

heres where my exercise leads to but it goes even further

much much further

When you show a person how to play a piano, you start off small and the ability grows larger.

when a life form is born it starts small and grows larger.

In a short time you will see truths about the universe you have never seen ( or noticed is a better word )

when you raise your awareness levels, you increase understanding , ability , speed, and all of the other yang attributes with it .

THIS is key . Its vital to know which attributes and yang and which are yin . This way you can begin to increase yang attributes on your own and decrease Yin attributes by doing so .

Yang Yin are an item "where " on this item you choose to live your life is up to you .

living on the yin- side will attract more yin- attributes so by the law of duality , living on the yang+ side will attract more yang+ attributes.

so what is yang and what in yin ?

if logic+ is the basis for sanity+ ( take my word for it , it is )

then by the law of duality

ILL- logic- must be the basis for insanty -

you can pop this logic into any computer operating system and see where it takes you . Use D.o.s. Sean :)

but first determine as many yang and yin attributes as possible.

anaolgy

when you remove heat from temperature , you get cold.

cold is the ill-usion

any MIT professer will confirm this

there is only heat ( yang ) attributes in the universe ( yin is the lie )

We perceve heat and cold as two items but its only one single item. Hot and one side and cold at the other side.

Its because we sit in the center of the item called yang heat and cold yin

THIS set of facts is as tru as true gets.

you can use this same model with Future and past

The past is the ILL -usion and the future is all that is true .

Its only "seems" that way because we sit in the center called present time.

we can then disregard it for what it is . A lie.

This exercise will take you to levels of awareness you are not, at the present aware of. :)

aware ( yang ) unaware ( yin )

would you rather be aware ? or unaware ?

awarness increases ability to know

so by the LOD

unawareness decreases ability to know

when you increase ability you increase the ability to become more aware and when you increase awareness you in turn in an upward spiril ability .

SPELL CHECKER OUT AGAIN

its a progressive spiril that leads up wards to higer levels of ability and higer levels of awarness.

when you increase one yang ability all of the others will also increase with it

and by doing so all of the yin disabilities will decrease to the same degree of the specturm called an item . ( i call it a package )

THE ABOVE is the purpose for the exercises I have free to anyone who wants it .

see my personal practice page link below as soon as it becomes availible ( FLO ) ?

Il so anyone who wants to learn this how its done also free of charge .

Its a yang attribute of mine I use to generate more yang attributes

Yang :) attracts more yang :) and yin :( attracts more yin :(

the pin and hole? no

screwing that up ? yes

From basics:

Yang is active and

Yin is passive

The pin pins up the hole.

The screw screws up the hole.

The pin and screw are active and the holes are passive.

• Like 1

From basics:

Yang is active and

Yin is passive

The pin pins up the hole.

The screw screws up the hole.

The pin and screw are active and the holes are passive.

nice :)

make a list and post it

yang><yin

pin><hole

Male><female

Up><down

happy ><sad

etc etc etc

I will check it out . If its not correct , dont worry . Ive made a ton of mistakes . Im here to help . :)

But you can get really really good at it and your awareness of the whole universe and life in general will go way up as a result.

it increases your awarness and that will increase you ability to make corrrect decisions in life and avoid the incorrect ons.

but you need to practice a little every day like a person who is learning how to play a piano.

DO a little bit each day and soon youll be amazed at how well you can "play the keyboard of life."

you dont go looking for a list , you make your own list correct or not .

Youll return to correct the incorrect attributes as you go and become more aware as you do :)

Edited by TaoMaster
  • Like 1

when you shoot a bullet from a gun the tip ( yang ) of the bullet comes first and the end ( yin ) always comes last.

Yang is always positive and it always comes first like the tip of the bullet. yin is the neg and it always follows its yang ( the tip )

so with the exercise you always use YANG first in some way and then yin after.

never start with yin, you always end with yin ..

The piano is the universe

The keys of the piano are either major YANG or minor YIN.

opposing major and minor keys generates music

you can generate beautiful music or ugly music.

the choice is yours

We are ALL here to get a better understanding of life and the universe in some way

a better understanding attracts better ability and better ability attracts better understanding and increases the ability to understand. :o;):)

Its an upwards spiral that leads to enlightenment

Its a package deal :)

Package delivered, have a nice day :)

Edited by TaoMaster

I read a book called, "The Great Tao", written by Stephen T Chang, which is a well thought out treatise on the historical basic concepts of taoism. After having thought about the dualistic concept of yin and yang, I have attempted to relate it to real physical phenomena. In doing so, yin and yang, light and dark, become in short every conceivable opposite that is observable…such as up and down, left and right, above and below etc… and this dualistic relationship to one another is part of the whole which they both compose. For a more in depth discussion on the bodily energies commonly referred to as yin and yang, I suggest you reflect on the way of nature in the world. What is cool, cold, receptive to information--- that is yin.

What is active, fiery, hot, willing, creative - that is yang. They both exist in a concurrent infinite monolithic cycle to create everything in existence. Without an open space, ( without a yin aspect ), there is no room for ( yang aspect things ) to be creative in.

In truth, all morality (religious truth) is relative. Here we can see, another example of yin and yang relativism as true.

Also, I think you may find the history of taoism enlightening when you view it for what it is. Taoists believe that every human being and form of life comes to earth to accomplish its mission. To learn what that mission is, and how to accomplish it is why the science of taoism was developed. That is why the concepts of yin and yang were invented, simply as a way to describe time based phenomena as a method of communication on each aspect of life. Because, each aspect of life follows the basic three-fold law of creation-sustenance-dissoultion….. that is the story of everything created or existent.

Theoretical questions on the purpose of existence are fun to think about, but like you I also get impatient with not knowing the answers. Which is why I try to understand the common truths that I can find in the worlds collective information - science, religion, art, etc. all of it.

The hindus teach that the purpose of life, is to dissolve your past karma, so therefore you can see, know, and hear God. The real God. The creator of life. And, some people may say…" Oh God is unknowable, that's impossible…." BUT, I strongly feel the urge to do so, and according to many past students of spirituality around the world, it is perfectly natural to feel that way, to feel the way you and I feel. We want to talk to who is responsible for the way things are, have been, and will be. RIGHT?

You may also want to check out a book that changed my perspective on things called, " The man who saw God", by Joseph Pagen. Joe is a very cool, private man who shared his experiences with me.

But, after I consider all of the information about other factors shaping the course of existence and life as we know it, I also need to realize that I too, I and YOU, also have a part to play in the shape of life at large and of our own individual lives. No single aspect of the universe is totally responsible for what transpires all the time. Is God to blame if you don't get up tomorrow? Are the older people in your life responsible for your state of mind? Are the things you want to understand going to show up one day and say hello? No. You are responsible for yourself. You must seek, you must find. There can be no other way to truely know except through your own personal experience, all other types of knowledge retention and dispersion is in the realm of "belief" To know, to seek, to find, to share- is why we are alive.

I hope this may help you. Good tidings to you!

Pulsars

are highly magnetic. They pulse on yang and off yin

Light on and dark yin .

thw whole univrse is magnetic in some way

yang attracts yang and yin attracts yin

when they opposes one another , it generates sensations for life ( as in the creator of all things ) to either enjoy :) or detest :angry: .