SonOfTheGods

What Are "Legitimate" Qi Abilities/Power?

I was actually hoping for a better turn out for him

I didn't believe him to be a buddha, but I was hoping for a better ending

another disappointment

At his best, his role was to meditate and ours was to watch and catch hold of a little bit of that peace. Thats all. We wanted more.. made himself into something he wasn't. We wanted a Buddha, a savior, easy answers..

The stories not over yet. In time there'll be another disappearance into the forest. Years later a Buddha man will appear and he'll sit in the shade and meditate. People will walk by, and he will smile.

i have the legitimate ability to post a non meaninful post

• Like 1

I haven't had a chance to watch this through yet, but this appears to be a presentation outlining experimental results with using fMRI and EEG to measure effects of a distance healer on a remote subject, or something along those lines. Because I haven't watched it through yet, I am not sure what kind of results they found. Also not sure how sound their approach was... :)

Edit: I just watched this through, and it is pretty interesting if you can bear with the technical details of the experimental setup, but that is not really all that much. He describes experiments with a set of 11 pairs of healer and receiver, and the healers they used were described as traditional healers from Hawaii. He said he got significant results in the fMRI measurements in these experiments. He also describes other experiments in which an EEG was used between sender and receivers who were thought to have a good connection with this sort of thing. He says he found significant correlation between the sender's alpha waves (amplitude, I think) and the receiver's alpha waves. Pretty interesting as it provides an objective way to study effects of remote healing and telepathy and that sort of thing.

SSE Talks - fMRI & EEG of Distant Healing 1/4

SSE Talks - fMRI & EEG of Distant Healing 2/4

SSE Talks - fMRI & EEG of Distant Healing 3/4

SSE Talks - fMRI & EEG of Distant Healing 4/4

Intersting the relation between sender and receiver, much like reasonance i suppose.

I read about long term buddhist meditation brainwaves have lots of gamma waves.

But energetic wise, I am interested to know the most dominant brainwave when doing neigong or qigong practise. Maybe the combination of brainwaves at that time that will make the practise mosre efficient. Some peoplelike to do energy practise while in trance. others in normal conciousness.

Buddha boy gone wild!

I shouldn't laugh.

Maybe I won't order that replica sword after all.

I couldn't decide whether to get Glamdring or Anduril.

Anduril! Duh! The sword that cut the ring from Sauron's finger.

Also, another thread about Buddha Boy here: http://thetaobums.com/topic/23791-buddha-boy-grew-up/?hl=%2Bbuddha+%2Bboy

Edited by Green Tiger

Well as we are sharing videos of people with special abilities, I would definitely have a look at Dharma Sangha aka the Buddha Boy.

This young man is a real Buddha if you'd ask me.

Well, do you still think so? Does he act like an enlightened Buddha now in your opinion?

• Like 1

I was around Nepal when he was over 6 months into his meditation and people kept on calling him Buddha and he kept on saying that he is not Buddha and that he just wants to meditate and asking people to leave him to it as people would constantly come around and disturb etc .

Everyone is constantly learning their thing in life one way or another .

Power means nothing without real life Elegance in doing everything .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2

Well being worshipped as an avatar is pretty strenuous. Even the great Indian Saint Anandamayi Ma is reported to have physically attacked devotess because a devotee projects tons of unfinished personal issues, projections and emotional stuff on the guru. We also have to understand that he had to undergo all of this since being a child. He had no oportunity to grow up in a healthy way, naturally develop boundaries or communication skills. In the end why consider him a "failure"? He will do as all humans do. He will get back up on his feet, dust of his clothes and continue. His level of cultivation is high. The problem was that cultivating is all that he wanted and the people did not leave him alone - much like a spiritual celebrity that is constantly followed by paparazi. We who lead a normal life tend to look down on celebrities when they get angry and attack paparazi but we are not followed by crowds of people 24/7 and the celebrities asked for it - he never did. "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at him"

Edited by Pai_Mei
  • Like 2

Exactly - I think it's absurd to prop him up on a pedestal against his will and then to hold him to an absurd standard when he doesn't react well, while all the time the poor guy just wants to be left alone to meditate. Could he have reacted better? Maybe, but I don't think he'd be doing these people any favors by allowing them to turn him into an idol. And of course if he did, people would attack him saying he's a cult leader, etc etc.

• Like 1

BaguaKicksAss,

About your comment that bagua has made your arms stronger: A lot of the arm strength in the internal MAs comes from whole-body structure. Instead of relying on the flexation and contraction of biceps and triceps muscles, along with the traps and other muscles of the shoulders and upper back, we're activating fascia (I believe) and using joint alignment more efficiently so our unified body does the lifting and holding more than the arms themselves do.

Edited by Age Sage
  • Like 1

I think Buddha boy has no powers whatsoever. Why the need for a sword. A real Buddha using his supreme mind could disappear.

Edited by Pyramidalcow

Has anyone here done any of the Wu and Yeung dvds from Master Teresa Yeung of Toronto, Canada?

I have tried some of them and the chi is really strong in the hands from the 7 Style Tai Chi Qigong download.

I can only do the 12 minute first section which is mostly very simple qigong movements of hands and arms and a little bit of simplistic tai chi. They call this the warmup. The rest of the movements are mostly tai chi which I cannot learn from a video so I gave up pretty quickly on that part since I have no tai chi experience. But when I do the warm up I feel really strong chi from those simple hand movements. The chi is felt more in the hand that is stationary while the other hand and/or arm is moving. And even the simple leg movements of shifting the weight from leg to leg produce some strong sensations in the stationary hands. Very powerful stuff from a fairly unknown master, at least in the USA.

Has anyone here done any of the Wu and Yeung dvds from Master Teresa Yeung of Toronto, Canada?

I have tried some of them and the chi is really strong in the hands from the 7 Style Tai Chi Qigong download.

I can only do the 12 minute first section which is mostly very simple qigong movements of hands and arms and a little bit of simplistic tai chi. They call this the warmup. The rest of the movements are mostly tai chi which I cannot learn from a video so I gave up pretty quickly on that part since I have no tai chi experience. But when I do the warm up I feel really strong chi from those simple hand movements. The chi is felt more in the hand that is stationary while the other hand and/or arm is moving. And even the simple leg movements of shifting the weight from leg to leg produce some strong sensations in the stationary hands. Very powerful stuff from a fairly unknown master, at least in the USA.

Link

http://masterteresa.ca/cl-wu-7-style-tai-chi-qi-gong/

This is a nice topic to have brought back.

As one of Ya Mu's students, I'd like to affirm that Wai Qi Liao Fa or Healing with Qi Projection is a very legitimate demonstration of Qi abilities.

While practicing on my father, who is very much a man of society and wants data and results to back this sort of thing up (while at the same time being sensitive to Qi and being able to feel the energy work I do on him), has encouraged me to team up with an Endocrinologist (cheaper than Neuroscience tests usually) to measure the effects of Qi projection.

He says energy does not travel in the body without chemical transmissions as well, so it would be a great way to measure some of the positive benefits from receiving emitted qi. As a massage therapist who actually had a blood test the day I received a massage, I know for a fact that my Oxytocin levels shot through the roof (seems common sense, but there is still literature out there saying massage is all placebo effect).

Back to Ya Mu's legitimate demonstrations that I believe bring the most benefit to the world while raising awareness:

Ya Mu is able to bring in certain frequencies of qi that effect the entire room. This was at my first workshop with him when my natural skepticism was still in place.

-Bringing in Calmness. This is a certain frequency that really just relaxed me, and the sensation is beyond words and difficult to describe. This sort of projection really helps bring the world back into balance, with people rushing around and on edge all the time.

-Cosmic Joke projection. This is my name for it, as Michael did not describe what he was doing other than this was his trick for when people are depressed. He projected at a student about 5-6 feet to my left, and it radiated outward and I felt a wave of energy that caused me start laughing. This is another demonstration that can help those stuck in depression or who have lost the magic in life-the other extreme of the manic rushing that requires calmness.

If more cultivators learned just these two frequencies and how to bring them into situations, the world would be a much smoother place more in harmony with the Tao imo.

• Like 3