SonOfTheGods

What Are "Legitimate" Qi Abilities/Power?

How about the famous fire yogi? Still just touching the fire? :-)

He's cheating! Those protective symbols all around him, probably invoked Ganesh.... :D.

Actually this one is pretty neat too.

• Like 1

How about the famous fire yogi? Still just touching the fire? :-)

I know the video!

1. Dude is not lying with his bare body in the flames but with his thick clothing! Tell me why! :rolleyes:

2. Dude is extremely sweating, the sweat absorbs the heat and evaporizes.

3. I also paid attention to the skin afterwards. It looks damaged through the heat and he simply suppresses the skin inflammation reaction of his body to a minimum over control over his autonomous nervous system!

D-BUNKED!

image12.png

I know the video!

1. Dude is not lying with his bare body in the flames but with his thick clothing! Tell me why! :rolleyes:

2. Dude is extremely sweating, the sweat absorbs the heat and evaporizes.

3. I also paid attention to the skin afterwards. It looks damaged through the heat and he simply suppresses the skin inflammation reaction of his body to a minimum over control over his autonomous nervous system!

D-BUNKED!

image12.png

You definitely should replicate this one then, here: http://thetaobums.com/topic/33962-lets-see-some-powers/ PS he did it for over 6 hours...

Now for something more seriously here. There is a guy on youtube named Shirak OmegaX and he is training and testing ihs psychic abilites on this channel. He has numerous videos and explains a lot about his PK-abilities and how he developed them and he throughly tested everything.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjKNxvajPxFKvwgCPmAqNYg

He has also written a book:

http://www.amazon.com/Psychokinesis-The-Psion-Shirak-OmegaX/dp/0646533959/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393882410&sr=8-1&keywords=psychokinesis+shirak

Lots of good info and some nice experiments.

Edited by Pai_Mei

Luc Bürgin, a journalist checked the official material about him and took the material to medical experts. He wrote a well-known book about him and his conclusion was that he had died from an infection. When they found Dajo, his physical appearance clearly showed signs of infection. Maybe he got the infection probably from swallowing the spike. That he refused the operation was well known. PS: I am German and therefore have more access to information about him . Just lookin things up in wikipedia is no sign of being a scientific expert. :glare: Randi is no scientist anyway - he is just another fanatic.

Lüc Bürgin is the editor of a mystery magazine and wants to sell his mystery book about Dajo.

I'm German also.

Wikipedia is a much more reliable source than a guy who wants to sell his sensationalistic book and who was born 22 years after the autopsy on Dajo's body was performed!

The guys who made the actual autopsy concluded:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirin_Dajo

The performed autopsy revealed Dajo had died of an aortic rupture

ego needs to keep in check though ha

Edited by skydog
  • Like 2

Whatever he died from. That doesn't make his feats less impressive.

I didn't say that his feats are not impressive. But these are not supernatural and the "invulnerable" died because of internal injury due to his feats.

I didn't say that his feats are not impressive. But these are not supernatural and the "invulnerable" died because of internal injury due to his feats.

people die all the time from doing stupid stunts

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33814-snake-handling/

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33921-what-are-legitimate-qi-abilitiespower/page-10#entry528572

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

snakehandling.jpg

The Middlesboro, Kentucky preacher who starred in a reality show about snake-handling died Saturday night after being bitten by a snake.

The Middlesboro Police Department said that at around 8 p.m., they responded to a possible snake bite at the Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus [sic] Name church, but that its pastor, the star of the National Geographic Channel’s Snake Salvation, Jamie Coots, had already left the scene by the time they arrived.

EMS responders then went to Coots’s home, where he was found suffering from what they believed was a snake bite. They attempted to administer treatment, but Coots refused on account of his belief that God would not allow him to die from a snake bite.

He died at his home at approximately 10 p.m.

Snake-handlers believe that their ability to hold, and occasionally dance with snakes comes from what are called “the signs of the gospels,” which are found in Mark 16: “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”

Coots starred in Snake Salvation alongside Andrew Hamblin of the Tabernacle Church of God in Tennessee.

Watch a video of the late Coots and Hamblin handing snakes from The Tennessean below.

http://www.rawstory....rom-snake-bite/

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

Ive been doing this recently too...and can prove it..but I do have some qi, also when i rub my hands together they get so hot i cant touch them anymore I have several series of blisters on my hands from rubbing them together...

but inall honesty no one believes any time I try to say I have some special power with this or that, they roll their eyes or ignore, and probably it keeps my ego in check lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friction

When surfaces in contact move relative to each other, the friction between the two surfaces converts kinetic energy into heat.

2e5pe91.jpg

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 2

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

STAN LEE SUPERHUMANS - GUY BAVLI - KINETIC MAN - MIND TELEKINESIS

Jan 9, 2014

Stan Lee Superhumans featuring Guy Bavli - Master of the Mind, - KINETIC MAN -

MOVING OBJECTS USING HIS MIND. Demonstration of telekinesis, power of the mind.

Maybe its real, but one mans magic is another's engineering. Moving the spoon could have been magnetic, the lightly balanced wooden stir could be a light breath. I don't know who's key he's bending, if its a random one (truly) from a hardware store or a special key. I've been looking at a metal alloy that melts at 88 degrees and its popular with magicians.

The amount of effort that goes into magic, time, materials, practice is tremendous. A 30 second trick that looks easy can take 30 hours and 1,000's of dollars to perfect. Course that's why you do the same trick every show for years.

• Like 1

Maybe its real, but one mans magic is another's engineering. Moving the spoon could have been magnetic, the lightly balanced wooden stir could be a light breath. I don't know who's key he's bending, if its a random one (truly) from a hardware store or a special key. I've been looking at a metal alloy that melts at 88 degrees and its popular with magicians.

The amount of effort that goes into magic, time, materials, practice is tremendous. A 30 second trick that looks easy can take 30 hours and 1,000's of dollars to perfect. Course that's why you do the same trick every show for years.

What about the pen one at the end, when they are reading his brain signals?

Looks real to me, though one cannot be sure.

James Rhandi acts like this Israeli Stage Magician is a "colleague" of his.

^ Randi, James (January 4, 2008). "A SIMPLIFIED ART". SWIFT January 4, 2008. James Randi Educational Foundation. Retrieved March 23, 2012. "The state of the art of spoon-bending – so beautifully demonstrated by our buddy Banachek and by Israeli magician Guy Bavli, among others – has progressed far beyond what Uri Geller first showed the media back in the 1970s."

Edited by SonOfTheGods

we are all delusional fools, you are the high iq genius...please teach us

Sorry, it's GENETIC!

bitch+please+_f27c06d7a52071d0156421c426

Edited by Dorian Black

One of the coolest street magic tricks currently in vogue shows this magician, in the blink of an eye, pops an onlooker's android phone into an emptied beer bottle. Then the phone started buzzing.... Voila! I thought that was quite neat. ;)

In another clip, the same magician pops some girl's ring around the stem of a wine glass. Baffling!

He goes by the aptly-named handle, 'Dynamo', if anyone wants some light entertainment break from all the heavy discussion here. :)

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

They could all be real. Just saw the pen one, its very precariously balanced, so much so a tiny breeze would tip it. Could you rig up something that creates a tiny breeze and focus it a bit. Yeah, it wouldn't be easy, but a good amateur magician could figure out 6 or 7 ways to create it (imo), some high tech, some low. Certainly the easiest would be with the centuries old fake thumb trick and hide a pump gadget there.

I thought the thread was about legitimate qi abilities and not paranormal or magical tricks.

Back to the legitimate qi ability discussion.

If a person practices a valid neigong system for a minimum of 6 months there is no reason they shouldn't be able to do at least some basic qi manipulation. And within 3 years be able to project qi on a good level.. And within 6 years be accomplished. And within 10-20 years have at least a good mastery. That is, those who actually practice - it does require the time&effort. And of course, with that ability there should be corresponding study of technique.

Of course it is also true that everyone is different in their natural talents and what may take one person 3 years can be accomplished by another in 6 months. And it is true that all neigong practices are not equal. What may take 3 years in one is accomplished in less time by another.

The above figures are conservative. We see usually 80-100% results of wai qi liao fa in workshops by beginners with only two days of intense neigong practice. And have done so in every workshop. And it doesn't matter whether a person believes it or not - it happens equally with those who understandably don't believe it possible.

Qi manipulation works and works quite well.

For those that have never been exposed to this portion of the Chinese Arts I did write a small article http://thetaobums.com/topic/33958-a-basic-primer-for-the-healing-arts-from-china/

• Like 1

But Ya Mu, aren't paranormal abilities not also qi-abilities, at least in the sense that you use your level of Yiyuanti for manifesting them? Dr. Pang Ming e.g., who lead the world's biggest medicineless hospital at Huaxia did extensive research on paranormal activities. He actively trained his students in using special abilities for healing. I would rather say that paranormal abilities in varying degrees are a natural extension of qi-transmission abilities. E.g. one exercise he gave his students in his advanced classes was that he took an egg and cracked the egg at numerous places. Then he had his students to build a strong qi-field and put the egg back together by using the qi-field, pushing and pulling Hunyuan Qi and intent. His students ( I don't know the number) were able to put the first egg together within 3 hours. Then he joined the group and took the information from the qi-field and altered it. After that he ordered to students to do it again. Now it took them only 20 minutes. I believe I once read that he alone was able to do it in 5 minutes. Then they would use this knowledge on broken bones, tumours etc. That was the way special abilities were trained there by heart-to-heart transmission.

• Like 1

E.g. one exercise he gave his students in his advanced classes was that he took an egg and cracked the egg at numerous places. Then he had his students to build a strong qi-field and put the egg back together by using the qi-field, pushing and pulling Hunyuan Qi and intent. His students ( I don't know the number) were able to put the first egg together within 3 hours.

I always knew "Humpty Dumpty" had a lesson tucked away in there

• Like 1

Pai Mei,

Oh I don't disagree with you. Semantics - I simply don't like using the word "paranormal" because to me, these are natural talents that are enhanced and awakened/molded/made stronger through the art of cultivation. In other words, more "normal" than PARA-normal.

edit: The main point of my post was that anyone NORMALLY should be able to do qi manipulation, through proper training and that a valid neigong practice should be able to accomplish this in a relatively short time.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 3