Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

Is that in the same kinda way that the xtians who come knocking at my door worry about me? :D

Hmmhmm. I'm not a fan of Jehova's witnesses, you know, either of "Jesus Freaks", as both of them hold extreme views, favour artificial rules and lack common sense to a higher or lesser degree.

But ... in a materialistic world they might at least make some people think about things like after-life and other issues that can't be solved by exactly this materialism.

So, their path and intentions might not be perfect, but concerning those of them who do their religious practices, at least they have a path, and although it's old-fashioned fundamentalism, large parts of it are still better than some modern-society-ethics, or, better to say, modern-society-lack-of-ethics. Some of those guys might really care more about you than most others would, and if just because it's part of their religious training to care about human beings.

And be assured, a little bit back to topic, if one of those gets cursed, his or her faith will give them more "power" to cope with it than most of the I-don't-believe-in-magic-help-how-can-science-not-have-told-me-the-whole-story-Westerners who think of themselves as superior.

So, in the end, "power", in a materialistic view of the world, tends to be relative ;)

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 3

Whoa, who derailed WHAT???

Let's take a look back:

Here I am, telling the OP about the quirks of traveling to Missouri:

Here you are butting in:

"Hey, it's me, Thunder Gooch! Just wanted to let you know your practice is weak! Hi-yuck!"

We disagree on what makes something high level.

If you'd like to discuss why I feel this way further there is a thread for that:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33037-community-challenge/

What does that have to do with what I said?

Let's not play coy Aeran. You are trying to spin the situation. Let's stop playing these games friend.

The head of the mind science foundation, a biophysicist and a medical doctor were present, he was stripped to a shirt and checked for metal and taken to a random location to give a demo of his ability. You can plug your ears, close your eyes and scream "neener neener neener, I'm not listening" all day everyday and it won't change the reality of the situation one bit.

There are also many published studies on tummo, which validate it.

You don't need a spiritual practice to be a better or healthier person.

Again I created this thread specifically so you guys can get it out of your system without derailing threads:

You know, there are schools existing who put emphasis on behaviour and general wordly impression of the person, actually most schools which I accept do. You don't even need medical doctors for that purpose, it's a good measuring stick, and if I would take you as an example for Mo Pai concerning this I'd hardly conclude this path is so great. You even lack the flexibility to detach far enough from your own position to be able to view your own sentences a little bit objectively, even with me repeating questions from different perspectives, at least that's my experience with you. Concerning this very visible part of your practice I'd really ask you what kind of meditation you guys do if these kind of abilities don't seem to increase in your system.

Schools that lead nowhere and do nothing.

Spiritual development has absolutely nothing to do with your character.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch
  • Like 1

Schools that lead no where and do nothing.

Spiritual development has absolutely nothing to do with your character.

Left Hand Path neigong! ;)

I like this and have said the same myself.

Let's not play coy Aeran. You are trying to spin the situation. Let's stop playing these games friend.

The head of the mind science foundation, a biophysicist and a medical doctor were present, he was stripped to a shirt and checked for metal and taken to a random location to give a demo of his ability. You can plug your ears, close your eyes and scream "neener neener neener, I'm not listening" all day everyday and it won't change the reality of the situation one bit.

There are also many published studies on tummo, which validate it.

I'm still not following what point it is you think you're making. I know there's evidence (to a certain degree, but that's another debate) for Mo Pai and Tummo, and I don't have any doubts about the validity of either system. But that says nothing at all about the validity of the other systems out there.

If I have two boxes, and I open one to find a big pile of money inside, that's great, but it says nothing about the contents of the other box. The only way to find out whether it also contains money or not is to open it and look.

Maybe not, but for some people it's a tool for achieving those things. And as long as it actually does help them achieve it, then that's fine.

Again I created this thread specifically so you guys can get it out of your system without derailing threads:

Then you should stick to that thread when you want to claim that everyone other than you is "roleplaying."

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 1

Should make a thread called does anyone know what they are taking about.

Now there are kung fu forms for the vibrating palm ike the chris matsuo's and there are forms for the burning palm like what we have seen garry hearfield demonstrated.

Now there also kung fu forms that compress the chi into the ldt.

So why woudnt there be a kung fu form that combines the vibrating palm the burning palm and compresses chi into the ldt. ;)

Sometimes you have to ask yourself the hard questions and put 2 and 2 together so you know what to look for and what to ask your sifu about.

Critical thinking I cant speak highly enough of it.

Edited by thamosh

Schools that lead nowhere and do nothing.

Lol

Well, if you call most of the aspects of what Taoists, Confucianists and Buddhists consider signs of immortals, Great or Real Humans etc. "nowhere" and "nothing", that's actually not my problem ^^

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 2

We disagree on what makes something high level.

If you'd like to discuss why I feel this way further there is a thread for that:

I didn't want to discuss it. You did.

Or perhaps you didn't want to discuss anything. Maybe you just wanted to point out a disagreement I'm already well aware of. Is that it?

Did you just want to remind me that you're still here and you still think your kung fu is better than mine?

That would be an epic slogan for a spiritual school, "we take you nowhere and teach you nothing" ;).

That would make a great slogan for Mo Pai! :D

giphy.gif

Edited by Green Tiger

I recently gained the power of happiness. Well, it's a work in progress, but I do get the odd jolt of joy here and there throughout the day. Best of all, it only took me three weeks of daily fourty minute practice sessions. No costly and obscure system necessary, just breathe slowly and calmly expanding into all the hidden nooks and crannies of your torso. If you like, I can post a video of myself smiling on youtube to document my achievement.

Next up: levitation.

Liminal

• Like 7

Come off it Charles! You never removed your pants ! :D

NOTE: When Charles finishes moving the ball its inertia keeps it going ... it doesn't rock back and forwards in smaller decreasing movements and come to a stop ... like a weighted pendulum .... or soccer ball ;)

At least his avatar has his shirt on.

Meanwhilie, I'm applauding CC!

Way to go CC!

I prefer to wear a suit. I only took off my shirt for this video to show I don't have anything up my sleeves. There are pictures of me in a speedo on my Facebook page, if that is what does it for you.

P.S. We already have 150 pages of discussing powers here: http://thetaobums.com/topic/31769-does-anyone-have-magical-mystical-abnormal-or-otherwise-powers/

• Like 1

I can make paper bounce, move a pingpong ball, and spark an LED.

correct me if I am wrong but wasn't this with the aid of a negative ion generator?

Edited by Thunder_Gooch