Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

Aeran,

There is a thread specifically where you can argue to your hearts content without disturbing existing threads.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33037-community-challenge/

Again I suggest we continue there, rather than continue to derail this thread.

Your call.

I'm still not following what point it is you think you're making.

Let's recap.

You said:

your criteria for whether a system does or doesn't 'do anything' is how many youtube videos you've seen of people setting newspapers on fire

In response I said:

The head of the mind science foundation, a biophysicist and a medical doctor were present, he was stripped to a shirt and checked for metal and taken to a random location to give a demo of his ability. You can plug your ears, close your eyes and scream "neener neener neener, I'm not listening" all day everyday and it won't change the reality of the situation one bit.

There are also many published studies on tummo, which validate it.

To which you said:

What does that have to do with what I said?

evidence (to a certain degree, but that's another debate)

That's what the community challenge thread is for, let's get this nonsense out of your system once and for all. Playing these games is getting beyond old with you.

If I have two boxes, and I open one to find a big pile of money inside, that's great, but it says nothing about the contents of the other box. The only way to find out whether it also contains money or not is to open it and look.

Let's use Mantak Chia as an example. Do I have proof his system doesn't lead to anything meaningful? No, I don't.

I do however have communities filled with thousands of people who have gained nothing from their practice, except less bookshelf space and a lighter wallet.

It doesn't go anywhere or do anything as far as I can tell.

Same goes for virtually everything else.

Just more made up garbage that doesn't do anything at all.

You either want something real or you don't Aeran, stop wasting my time with these games and move on with your life.

Maybe not, but for some people it's a tool for achieving those things. And as long as it actually does help them achieve it, then that's fine.

Copper and magnet bracelets help many people via placebo effect. It's a crutch.

Some people want something real, not more make believe nonsense.

Then you should stick to that thread when you want to claim that everyone other than you is "roleplaying."

The argument/debate will continue till you've had your fill and moved on.

We can do it here in this thread till it's locked/split/pitted or we can move it over to the community challenge thread which was designed specifically for it.

The only advantage I can see is that this thread might be split and or locked as a result, if that's the result you are looking for.

Your call.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

Lol

Well, if you call most of the aspects of what Taoists, Confucianists and Buddhists consider signs of immortals, Great or Real Humans etc. "nowhere" and "nothing", that's actually not my problem ^^

What?

I didn't want to discuss it. You did.

Or perhaps you didn't want to discuss anything. Maybe you just wanted to point out a disagreement I'm already well aware of. Is that it?

Did you just want to remind me that you're still here and you still think your kung fu is better than mine?

We can discuss whatever you like in the community challenge thread, it's there you so anti-mopai fanatics can rant, rave, argue, defecate, urinate, or whatever else you guys want to do till it's all out of your system.

That would make a great slogan for Mo Pai! :D

Anyone can see for themselves:

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

Thunder_Gootch, you were the one who brought it up on this thread in the first place. Take your own advice, and stop perpetuating the derail of this thread yourself.

TTB caters for people of varying views. You have to either accept that many of us will disagree with you, or leave and go to/start a mo pai forum.

We've all seen the John Chang video, and read the quotes you keep reposting. Continuing to bash us over the head with them, as though we will suddenly agree that mo pai is the one true system after the 1001st view, is a waste of your time.

• Like 3

Thunder_Gootch, you were the one who brought it up on this thread in the first place. Take your own advice, and stop perpetuating the derail of this thread yourself.

TTB caters for people of varying views. You have to either accept that many of us will disagree with you, or leave and go to/start a mo pai forum.

We've all seen the John Chang video, and read the quotes you keep reposting. Continuing to bash us over the head with them, as though we will suddenly agree that mo pai is the one true system after the 1001st view, is a waste of your time.

I'll defend myself for as long as is necessary, I just invited the rest of the hecklers to do it in a thread specifically designed for that purpose. I can't force them to use it.

Let's use Mantak Chia as an example. Do I have proof his system doesn't lead to anything meaningful? No, I don't.

I do however have communities filled with thousands of people who have gained nothing from their practice, except less bookshelf space and a lighter wallet.

It doesn't go anywhere or do anything as far as I can tell.

Same goes for virtually everything else.

Just more made up garbage that doesn't do anything at all.

How do you know what these people are gaining from his practice? Have you surveyed them all? Had them take part in a long term trial? Just because they aren't gaining super powers doesn't mean they aren't becoming happier, healthier, better martial artists, etc. And if that's all they want from the system then good for them. It isn't a binary issue, with systems like Mo Pai on one end and everything else being 'role play' - even Danaos in his books was able to acknowledge the benefits of various other systems and practices, so why can't you?

You seem to struggle to grasp the fundamental concept that not everyone has the same outlook and desires as you do, and that reality isn't defined by your understanding of it. It's a shame really, most people, when they encounter this stuff and realize that they were wrong about it, use that experience to stop and wonder where else their ingrained beliefs might in fact fall wildly short of the reality - but for you it just seems to have ingrained those beliefs even further.

You either want something real or you don't Aeran, stop wasting my time with these games and move on with your life.

The only one wasting your time is you, nobody is forcing you to reply at gunpoint. I, on the other hand, am quite happy to keep going until you realize that your sweeping dismissal of everything that isn't Mo Pai is entirely baseless.

I can't force them to use it.

Yes you can, just stop barging into other threads to accuse the people there of roleplay, stick to your 'challenge' thread when you want to rant about how Mo Pai is the one true bioenergetic system.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 2

How do you know what these people are gaining from his practice?

Use your eyes. This isn't rocket surgery Aeran.

I, on the other hand, am quite happy to keep going

I know you are, there is a thread specifically for that purpose.

Eventually somewhere around page 25 or so I would assume this thread is going to get, split, pitted, and or locked at which point the argument/debate will automatically be continued in the community challenge thread anyway.

Continuing it here or in the community challenge thread makes no difference, but it would annoy everyone else a lot less over there.

So again:

stop barging into other threads to accuse the people there of roleplay, stick to your 'challenge'

Not going to happen.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

I prefer to wear a suit. I only took off my shirt for this video to show I don't have anything up my sleeves. There are pictures of me in a speedo on my Facebook page, if that is what does it for you.

P.S. We already have 150 pages of discussing powers here: http://thetaobums.com/topic/31769-does-anyone-have-magical-mystical-abnormal-or-otherwise-powers/

You're new around here aren't you? ;) We have FAR more than 15 pages discussing powers.... lol

Yeah doing the static thing in a speedo (or shorts), but with legs and bare feet showing for any static demos would work.

Use your eyes. This isn't rocket surgery Aeran.

I don't know what kind of omniscience you've gained from practicing Mo Pai, but personally I'm not capable of evaluating the past and present of someones mood, physical/mental/energetic health, martial ability, etc through looking at them or reading their internet posts.

Continuing it here or in the community challenge thread makes no difference, but it would annoy everyone else a lot less over there.

If you cared about not annoying people you'd stop shoving your 'spiritual roleplay' rants into every other major discussion that takes place.

• Like 1

I don't know what kind of omniscience you've gained from practicing Mo Pai, but personally I'm not capable of evaluating the past and present of someones mood, physical/mental/energetic health, martial ability, etc through looking at them or reading their internet posts.

All you need to do is look around and see for yourself. Ever heard of anyone reaching another level via Chia's system? Me neither. Ever seen any type of scientific or medical validation from Chia or his teachers? Me neither.

Isn't nearly as complicated as you make it out to be.

If you cared about not annoying people you'd stop shoving your 'spiritual roleplay' rants into every other major discussion that takes place.

We can do this here or in the community challenge thread. YOUR CALL.

Does anyone else click on the spoiler in Thunder_Gooch's posts just in case it is a different video this one time? OK just me then LOL.

• Like 2

Well at first it wasn't too bad TG replied to a new member saying don't throw out MoPai (the new poster had mentioned dismissing MP, as there aren't teachings).... I wouldn't really call that as started it.... though continuing on with it yep lolololol.

At least I hear the forum software is working better for thread splitting now I hear ;), just in case....

Does anyone else click on the spoiler in Thunder_Gooch's posts just in case it is a different video this one time? OK just me then LOL.

Nah, I've got the brand new super secret ultra mo pai evidence videos right here:

Edited by Aeran

Sooooo not touching that one....

Good! Keep your hands in your pockets Ms Bagwa .... or at least wash them first :o

Edited by Nungali

Nah ... actually I am getting less impressed with panda who farts electric. He seems to pick Aeran up on the structure of an argument ... the logistic structure, not answering questions ... posting long threads of conversed snippets to demonstrate it ... but then he does the same himself .... just chooses NOT to answer the poignant and succinct questions .... nor the sequential logic ... when it suits him.

So ... if these issues can be posted over and over and over and over again ... I feel that I will post my comment on it again :) ;

" " I suppose, Gorgias, that like me you must have been present at many arguments,

and have observed how difficult the parties find it to define exactly the subject with which they have taken in hand

and to come away from their discussion mutually enlightened:

what usually happens is that, as soon as they disagree

and one declares the other mistaken or obscure,

they loose their temper and accuse one another of speaking from motives of personal spite

and in endeavour to score a victory rather than to investigate the question at issue;

and sometimes they part on the worst possible terms,

after such an exchange of abuse

that the bystanders feel vexed on their own account

that they ever thought it worth their while to listen to such people. " - Plato.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

So how will you recharge?

A good supper then a good night's sleep and I will be fully charged. (Well, as charged as I can get considering my batteries are pretty old.)

PS: No, I don't stick power cords up my butt.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 3

A good supper then a good night's sleep and I will be fully charged. (Well, as charged as I can get considering my batteries are pretty old.)

:) ... " And, forasmuch as 'meat' (food) and drink are transmuted in us daily into spiritual substance, I believe in the miracle of the Mass . "

Actually, and to go totally OT I have been wanting to talk to you about your ponds and fish .... wasn't there a thread about that somewhere ?

Edit: to explain old term

Edited by Nungali

Yes, I do eat meat but only seafood and fowl. I'm too old to be eating red meat and still stay healthy.

I haven't looked at the pond thread for a long while. I'll see if I can find it and bump it up with a post to it.