Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

Yes Aeran, I am more than sure.

Awwwww. Do you wanna to show me on the doll where the bad guru touched you?

2395092-4284371004-size_.jpg

Edited by Aeran

You care enough to post animated gifs, about how much you don't care.

You're right. I really do care about you. I'm concerned about you, actually.

Being 100% honest Aeran, these games are getting old. You either want something real or you don't.

If you want to keep trolling I created a thread specifically for that purpose.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33037-community-challenge/

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

Being 100% honest Aeran, these games are getting old. You either want something real or you don't.

If you want to keep trolling I created a thread specifically for that purpose.

http://thetaobums.co...nity-challenge/

I already have something real thanks :)

And I'm not trolling, just trying to get you to see that your absolute and universal rejection of every system that isn't Mo Pai is baseless and unfounded.

I already have something real thanks :)

And I'm not trolling, just trying to get you to see that your absolute and universal rejection of every system that isn't Mo Pai is baseless and unfounded.

You can tell me all about it here.

Either your system has good evidence behind it or it doesn't.

(As this thread is already off topic I don't feel bad about making this post.)

I have solar power - the sun is shining right now.

• Like 5

You can tell me all about it here.

Either your system has good evidence behind it or it doesn't.

If you want people to keep their criticisms of your opinions to that thread, you should limit your 'every system but Mo Pai is roleplay' schtick to it as well.

If you want people to keep their criticisms of your opinions to that thread, you should limit your 'every system but Mo Pai is roleplay' schtick to it as well.

It isn't a schtick. It's how it is (for the moment). Right now there is no good evidence I am aware of for anything other than mo pai and tummo. If you feel otherwise feel free to tell me all about it in the community challenge thread. That is why it is there. So threads like this don't have to get locked and split.

Your call.

This makes sense and I like it, thanks for the advice. I'll do both, enjoy the moments of life while still working towards my goals.

Very good! Both! I see you ARE serious.

In regards to learning healing for others:

If you feel in your heart that you know you should be a healer and want to learn the healing aspect of Taoist & Buddhist arts I suggest to investigate medical qigong.

There are several good teachers in the USA. Send me a PM where you live and possibly I can give a recommendation. I have a program for medical qigong as well. Be aware that only a few of the people who post on forums study the art of medical qigong.

In our program, a person can get observable results in helping others in a very short time and I would expect other medical qigong programs to do so as well.

I know of no other healing art that compares with medical qigong from China with its rich developed history of use in the hospitals. There exist techniques to address dis-ease process and the accumulated results are astounding. Unfortunately it is not as well known an art as many of the self-cultivation techniques as it requires a person to learn and practice the self-cultivation techniques prior to being able to perform the medical qigong.

• Like 3

It isn't a schtick. It's how it is (for the moment). Right now there is no good evidence I am aware of for anything other than mo pai and tummo. If you feel otherwise feel free to tell me all about it in the community challenge thread. That is why it is there. So threads like this don't have to get locked and split.

Your call.

Call it what you want, but the fact remains that these diversions happen because you barge into these threads and accuse everyone of roleplaying. You aren't some innocent victim of trolling here, all the criticisms made of your opinions are a direct response to you shoving those opinions down peoples throats. If you want these discussions to stay in one thread, then stick to that thread when you want to make your entirely baseless assertions that the system you practice is the only valid one in existence.

• Like 3

Call it what you want, but the fact remains that these diversions happen because you barge into these threads and accuse everyone of roleplaying. You aren't some innocent victim of trolling here, all the criticisms made of your opinions are a direct response to you shoving those opinions down peoples throats. If you want these discussions to stay in one thread, then stick to that thread when you want to make your entirely baseless assertions that the system you practice is the only valid one in existence.

People who chase practices that don't and have never done anything are indeed role playing. It's a form of entertainment, to keep them occupied till their death.

I think at most there are small handful of schools like mo pai remaining, if at one time there were more I don't know.

We can argue about it as long as you like, but it's 50/50. We can do it here or we can do it where we won't derail the thread more. Your call.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

If you want these discussions to stay in one thread, then stick to that thread when you want to make your entirely baseless assertions that the system you practice is the only valid one in existence.

No no . . . that thread is for purging our hatred of mo pai. Every other thread on the board is for unsolicited criticism of all practices that are not mo pai.

• Like 2

No no . . . that thread is for purging our hatred of mo pai. Every other thread on the board is for unsolicited criticism of all practices that are not mo pai.

I am for any practice which has been validated with medical doctors and scientists present.

I am against any practice that hasn't.

Again:

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

People who chase practices that don't do anything, have never done anything are indeed role playing. It's a form of entertainment, to keep them occupied till their death.

I think at most there are small handful of schools like mo pai remaining, if at one time there were more I don't know.

We can argue about it as long as you like, but it's 50/50. We can do it here or we can do it where we won't derail the thread more. Your call.

The problem is that a ) your criteria for whether a system does or doesn't 'do anything' is how many youtube videos you've seen of people setting newspapers on fire, and b ) that you fail to grasp that there can be plenty of systems which might not offer immortality or vast power, but can still yield improved strength/health/energy/mood etc etc. and as such are entirely valid for people who only want those things.

You chose to start this conversation in this thread, so I'm going to continue it here until you choose to end it or a mod comes along and moves the whole thing. You're not getting off that easily :P

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 1

The problem is that a ) your criteria for whether a system does or doesn't 'do anything' is how many youtube videos you've seen of people setting newspapers on fire, and b ) that you fail to grasp that there can be plenty of systems which might not offer immortality or vast power, but can still yield improved strength/health/energy/mood etc etc. and as such are entirely valid for people who only want those things.

You chose to start this conversation in this thread, so I'm going to continue it here until you choose to end it or a mod comes along and moves the whole thing. You're not getting off that easily :P

The head of the mind science foundation, a biophysicist and a medical doctor were present, he was stripped to a shirt and checked for metal and taken to a random location to give a demo of his ability. You can plug your ears, close your eyes and scream "neener neener neener, I'm not listening" all day everyday and it won't change the reality of the situation one bit.

There are also many published studies on tummo, which validate it.

You don't need a spiritual practice to be a better or healthier person.

Again I created this thread specifically so you guys can get it out of your system without derailing threads:

It exists for a reason.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

The head of the mind science foundation, a biophysicist and a medical doctor were present, he was stripped to a shirt and checked for metal and taken to a random location to give a demo of his ability. You can plug your ears, close your eyes and scream "neener neener neener, I'm not listening" all day everyday and it won't change the reality of the situation one bit.

There are also many published studies on tummo, which validate it.

What does that have to do with what I said?

Again I created this thread specifically so you guys can get it out of your system without derailing threads:

Whoa, who derailed WHAT???

Let's take a look back:

Here I am, telling the OP about the quirks of traveling to Missouri:

Believe it or not, they are actually flying commercial airplanes into and out of Springfield, Missouri. Granted, they don't always make it there on time. And if a storm happens to be rolling through, you might end up stuck in Chicago or Kansas City and then you'll have to drive a rental car the rest of the way.

Still, people have done that and felt it was totally worth it for a weekend of high-level energetics.

Here you are butting in:

We have grossly different opinions of what makes something "high-level".

"Hey, it's me, Thunder Gooch! Just wanted to let you know your practice is weak! Hi-yuck!"

• Like 2

Move it to an hour and a half. Possibly two hours. Just be consistent. But you can always study the mind throughout the day and work on your concentration when doing anything.

YA!

Most of the occult/newage authors have never accomplished anything, still work a min wage job and have never amounted to anything other than writing books.

At best it could serve as toilet paper or as kindling.

I unfortunately can't argue this one, well accept the money thing, many newage authors are doing quite well financially.

Llewelynn books don't actually make very good TP, the pages are far to stiff, and are not soft at all.

So while you were travelling the world investigating every single bioenergetic system out there, you also took the time to personally meet up with every occult/new age author as well? Damn dude, that's pretty impressive.

Nah, he's just confirmed it with his buddy BKA who's read several hundred of them over the years :D. (and met many of them too now that I think about it lololol)

I get what you are saying Aeran, it's just that... well.... I honestly feel that many of the books out there do more harm than good, and it is unofrunate :(.

• Like 1

I won't be meditating till May, as until then I have 60+ hour weeks lined up.

The problem is TG doesn't count what he does as "meditation" unless he's spent at least 8 hours straight at it, and/or reached such a deep state that his pulse is down to the could be pronounced dead zone....

Yeah I always say I never practice any Bagua either (because I don't count any practice that is less than at least an hour straight).

2395092-4284371004-size_.jpg

Is it wrong of me that upon scrolling down on that page I wondered why someone was posting a photo of a voodoo doll? LOL

You're right. I really do care about you. I'm concerned about you, actually.

Is that in the same kinda way that the xtians who come knocking at my door worry about me? :D

• Like 1

I am for any practice which has been validated with medical doctors and scientists present.

I am against any practice that hasn't.

You know, there are schools existing who put emphasis on behaviour and general wordly impression of the person, actually most schools which I accept do. You don't even need medical doctors for that purpose, it's a good measuring stick, and if I would take you as an example for Mo Pai concerning this I'd hardly conclude this path is so great. You even lack the flexibility to detach far enough from your own position to be able to view your own sentences a little bit objectively, even with me repeating questions from different perspectives, at least that's my experience with you. Concerning this very visible part of your practice I'd really ask you what kind of meditation you guys do if these kind of abilities don't seem to increase in your system.

• Like 2