Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

When you find something better let me know.

Okay I will, and if you find something with documented proof that also fully explains its system, let me know :P . But seriously, I'm not trying to argue with you, I just don't want to waste my time.

Sorry some grammar mistakes.

Edited by Torus

I just don't want to waste my time.

That's exactly what you will be doing. The universe has led you to water but it can't force you to drink, it certainly won't lead you anywhere else till you've mastered what it's already laid before you.

That's exactly what you will be doing. The universe has led you to water but it can't force you to drink, it certainly won't lead you anywhere else till you've mastered what it's already laid before you.

Okay I see what you're saying. In a way, I basically already am practicing mo pai level 0. The only exception is in meditation, I don't focus on my lower dantain, I don't focus on anything. You're saying that I should consider mo pai because that by itself will have take up most of my time. However, I forget the level but eventually I believe that you're supposed to fill and compress the dantian, move it in multiple directions, cut the cords of karma and then mix it with a yin channel. What does this mean specifically in English?

All you need is a functioning pair of eyeballs.

Damn, I knew I should have asked for a pair with the 'take part in an in depth exploration of dozens of bioenergetic systems simultaneously' function.

• Like 2

cut the cords of karma and then mix it with a yin channel. What does this mean specifically in English?

Most people will never fill their LDT (or anything else except their colon) during their lifetime.

Worrying about the next step is pointless if prevents you from taking the first.

There are two types of chi.

Yin and Yang.

Yang comes from the atmosphere, it's an active energy, electrical in nature, bright whitish blue unless opposed by yin at which point it will glow red. Our consciousness is 100% pure yang energy.

Yin energy is a passive field type energy, like gravity, which comes from direct electrical contact with the earth. Our spirit is 100% pure yin energy.

no I don't give a Rattus Norvegicus's rectum what Ya Mu or anyone else says on the matter.

During extremely deep states of trance, while grounded to the earth, yang chi is drawn in and stored at the naval, while grounded an equal amount of yin builds at the perineum.

The LDT is filled to the brim, then compressed, then made mobile, then sent to the perineum where it attaches to the yin storage center there and is brought back to it's original position where the two are forced together.

That isn't instruction on HOW to do it, it's just an overview of what is happening.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

By power, I mean able to enter deep meditation states easily, lucid dream/astral project at will and everyday, heal others especially, etc. If so, could you explain in detail how you attained this power. I'm just curios how the people around here stand and as I'm starting all of this energy stuff, I want to have a good foundation and try something that works.

I know meditation is extremely helpful and I do it everyday, but I'm not really seeing any progress with meditation. Yea I'm able to calm my mind, slow my breath almost to a stop, and remember some dreams, but that's it. I sometimes do horse stance and then my body automatically starts reverse breathing and my legs shake, but I'm still not noticing any differences.

I'm curious to see what actually works for people. Please don't say mo pai because I researched this and can't find any reliable information past a certain level. Also the book(The Magus of Java) although a good read, seems exaggerated. Thanks for reading this post and if you have any advice/criticism, please input your thoughts.

Going in a slightly different direct than other posts here, I would say best to simply start paying attention to the power in each moment. There are incredible amounts of things that happen that most people never see because they are too busy being busy to actually pay attention. It takes practice and should be enough to engage you for the next couple of years, and then for the rest of your life.

Also, one thing I see is people thinking they need superpowers due to something they read. I see people chase these things and waste a good deal of energy in the chasing. Basically what I am saying is, enjoy and experience your life now and don't miss out on the wonderful experience of the stage of life you are in. This is a stage of your life that you never can re-coup, don't let it pass you by.

Energetic practices require great dedication. You will have time later to experience these and your practice now of experiencing all of what is there, should you practice doing so, will ultimately put you to the fore of the class when you begin energetic practices. When it is time, you will be drawn towards a specific teaching due to your years of paying attention to the power inherent in each moment, of what is truly going on around you, of immersing yourself in totality of experience of that moment. In fact, you may find that you have been practicing a powerful gong-fu in itself. When you eat an orange EAT THE ORANGE, when you kiss another KISS THEM. When you walk on the beach WALK ON THE BEACH, when you laugh LAUGH.

Hope this makes sense to you. Always follow your heart and don't let what anyone says on a forum be the influencing factor.

• Like 14

Two years... I mean I'll still meditating two years from now but that's too long for something to happen. How is one supposed to know that they're progressing at all?

You're still at it, for two years

That IS progress

• Like 2

What does the type of power that John Chang, Wim Hoff and other practitioners actually prove anyway ?

That some people, through practice can do things that other's can't ?

Well, sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but people have been doing this since the dawn of time.

Does that make them better examples of humanity ? Probably not.

Would it not be better, while on this earth, to try and be nice to each other instead of comparing skill/power levels and such like. These pursuits only feed the ego.

When I see videos of these guys I think of street magicians like Blane and Dynamo etc - nice to watch, but for what purpose, entertainment ?

The people who've had the most impact on me throughout my life are the one's who are not famous. They are genuine, caring, humble and have no wish or desire for power, fame and fortune, or huge bank balances.

Remember, power corrupts !

• Like 3

What does the type of power that John Chang, Wim Hoff and other practitioners actually prove anyway ?

Well, sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but people have been doing this since the dawn of time.

Would it not be better, while on this earth, to try and be nice to each other instead of comparing skill/power levels and such like. These pursuits only feed the ego.

When I see videos of these guys I think of street magicians like Blane and Dynamo etc - nice to watch, but for what purpose, entertainment ?

The people who've had the most impact on me throughout my life are the one's who are not famous. They are genuine, caring, humble and have no wish or desire for power, fame and fortune, or huge bank balances.

All well and good. :)

But, if this is a forum about Daoism, and it's side effects- then talking about "power" is a legitimate subject

Now, if we were posting at Saint Anthony's Rosary and Food Kitchen & Forum ( I just made that up lol) - then we would quote catholic scripture and do good deeds (and put money in the plate) :P

This is natural progression/sequence of research, and practice:

Qi Gong- Nei Gong- Nei Dan- Nei- Etc.,

You go from simple meridians - to the tan tien- to the bone and blood washing etc

if anyone stays on the first path long enough- it is bound to start to progress to the mystical levels- which are not really mystical at all

Flip side-

someone wants better health

so they join some random yoga club

then Mr. John Doe starts getting better results than the other guys, because while they are checking out some girl's butt in front of them- John is focusing.

John goes home and does yoga at home too

John likes it so much- he researches it, buys books, videos, etc

Now he starts to notice a burning in his tailbone- while his friends are getting a burn in their groin because they are still checking out the girl in the tight yoga pants

John now has mystical experiences

he goes on a yoga forum, and they tell him

John, this is about yoga, not Kundalini..

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

But, if this is a forum about Daoism, and it's side effects- then talking about "power" is a legitimate subject

Hey, I've got no problem with people talking about power etc. This forum is about sharing knowledge and different opinions after all.

But, this has nothing to do with the Dao. Even Dao-ism has nothing to do with the Dao.

I think you're mixing up the terms Dao, Daoism (man-made religion), qigong, neigong.

Nothing wrong with practicing Daoyin for health, martial power and longevity. I myself practice daily and I know well enough that my quality of life has vastly improved with qi cultivation.

But, personally, I have no desire to put out candle flames with my mind-power, shoot fireballs out my ass etc etc. It doesn't prove a goddam thing.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Shooting a fireball out my ass would have been extremely convenient that time it was pouring rain, we were out on the beach, it was freezing cold, and all the firewood was soaked through! Or that other camping trip in the pouring rain.

Don't knock fireballs until you have tried them!

PS quite a few people in google image search seem to have mastered this technique (usually when drunk and with a lighter while farting) but I will spare you all the photos...

• Like 2

PS quite a few people in google image search seem to have mastered this technique (usually when drunk and with a lighter while farting) but I will spare you all the photos...

Don't worry I've seen it done :D

• Like 1

Most people will never fill their LDT (or anything else except their colon) during their lifetime.

Worrying about the next step is pointless if prevents you from taking the first.

There are two types of chi.

Yin and Yang.

Yang comes from the atmosphere, it's an active energy, electrical in nature, bright whitish blue unless opposed by yin at which point it will glow red. Our consciousness is 100% pure yang energy.

Yin energy is a passive field type energy, like gravity, which comes from direct electrical contact with the earth. Our spirit is 100% pure yin energy.

no I don't give a Rattus Norvegicus's rectum what Ya Mu or anyone else says on the matter.

During extremely deep states of trance, while grounded to the earth, yang chi is drawn in and stored at the naval, while grounded an equal amount of yin builds at the perineum.

The LDT is filled to the brim, then compressed, then made mobile, then sent to the perineum where it attaches to the yin storage center there and is brought back to it's original position where the two are forced together.

That isn't instruction on HOW to do it, it's just an overview of what is happening.

True, but most people does not equal everyone. What I'm getting from this is basically deep meditation outside for the first step. I want to try this, bu But assuming after say ten years I complete this, where would I go for instructions then.

Going in a slightly different direct than other posts here, I would say best to simply start paying attention to the power in each moment. There are incredible amounts of things that happen that most people never see because they are too busy being busy to actually pay attention. It takes practice and should be enough to engage you for the next couple of years, and then for the rest of your life.

Also, one thing I see is people thinking they need superpowers due to something they read. I see people chase these things and waste a good deal of energy in the chasing. Basically what I am saying is, enjoy and experience your life now and don't miss out on the wonderful experience of the stage of life you are in. This is a stage of your life that you never can re-coup, don't let it pass you by.

Energetic practices require great dedication. You will have time later to experience these and your practice now of experiencing all of what is there, should you practice doing so, will ultimately put you to the fore of the class when you begin energetic practices. When it is time, you will be drawn towards a specific teaching due to your years of paying attention to the power inherent in each moment, of what is truly going on around you, of immersing yourself in totality of experience of that moment. In fact, you may find that you have been practicing a powerful gong-fu in itself. When you eat an orange EAT THE ORANGE, when you kiss another KISS THEM. When you walk on the beach WALK ON THE BEACH, when you laugh LAUGH.

Hope this makes sense to you. Always follow your heart and don't let what anyone says on a forum be the influencing factor.

This makes sense and I like it, thanks for the advice. I'll do both, enjoy the moments of life while still working towards my goals.

Does Anyone Have Power?

at TaoBums??

ha-ha-ha-you-so-silly.jpg

Lol what?

You're still at it, for two years

That IS progress

Okay, but what if after 2 years you can meditate easier but that's it. If nothing happens I'll still be meditating because I enjoy it, but I want something interesting to happen that will show progress besides simply being a better meditater.

Yes power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Regardless, I still want it. I know having power doesn't make one better than another, but it can allow for some interesting stuff to happen. I respect a lot people who can't astral project or heal. However, I still want it. I'm sorry that I'm not able to fully explain my reasons or if they seem childish, but don't worry, my ego is quite tame.

Lol :D

Hey, I've got no problem with people talking about power etc. This forum is about sharing knowledge and different opinions after all.

But, this has nothing to do with the Dao. Even Dao-ism has nothing to do with the Dao.

I think you're mixing up the terms Dao, Daoism (man-made religion), qigong, neigong.

Nothing wrong with practicing Daoyin for health, martial power and longevity. I myself practice daily and I know well enough that my quality of life has vastly improved with qi cultivation.

But, personally, I have no desire to put out candle flames with my mind-power, shoot fireballs out my ass etc etc. It doesn't prove a goddam thing.

Best wishes.

Wait a sec, who mentioned putting out candle flames or shooting fireballs. I hope you're not talking about me.

Edited by Torus

If anyone wants to film me working with a cleaver, super-speed slicing, dicing and chopping (blindfolded even) please PM. No charge. :D

• Like 2

Ok here's a couple powers I possess.

I have the ability to neutralize toxins and purge them from my body while I sleep.

I have the ability to transform my thoughts into physical reality through action.

Also, one thing I see is people thinking they need superpowers due to something they read.

Real abilities are not the end goal, they are only mile markers on your path.

They also can't be removed from the equation.

It isn't possible to reach another level of being without also developing abilities, in exactly the same way it isn't possible to become a butterfly without developing wings.

What does the type of power that John Chang......actually prove anyway ?

What was shown was just a fraction of a percent of his maximum ability, compared to his teacher or his teachers teacher even he wasn't that advanced at all.

I think most people cut themselves off at a certain point, as it's just too unbelievable.

Imagine a people alive right now that have become something more than human and reaching an entirely different level of being, beings that would put Hollywood to shame.

What is happening is as their spirit is developing they are gaining more and more ability, just as a full grown man is infinitely more powerful than an embryo.

Most people will actively disbelieve that anything more is possible.

Hence all the sour grapes posts about why powers are silly.

You can't become a butterfly without wings, you can't make fire that is cold and dark, and you can't reach another level of being without achieving abilities.

There is a purpose. The spirit most people die with is a dead empty husk, a burnt out shell, a dreaming subconscious mind, with no volition, concept or memory of emotion, just a passive observer.

The point is to become a living breathing spirit before the death of your physical body so you continue to live past death, and prevent reincarnation in doing so.

That's the point.

They aren't trying to develop superpowers for the sake of having them.

There is no way to become such an entity without them.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch
  • Like 1

True, but most people does not equal everyone. What I'm getting from this is basically deep meditation outside for the first step.

It's very simple but there is a lot more to it than that.

I want to try this, bu But assuming after say ten years I complete this, where would I go for instructions then.

Then you look for a better system at that point, and continue meditation. At this point there is no better option I am aware of.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

...Okay, but what if after 2 years you can meditate easier but that's it. If nothing happens I'll still be meditating because I enjoy it, but I want something interesting to happen that will show progress besides simply being a better meditater...

Interesting things WILL happen! :)

But the most interesting and stable thing isn't a particular ostentatious breakthrough.

It's looking back and realising that you're sailing with a smile through things that used to make you hulk out.

It's being able to remember, understand and do things that most people can't, faster than the few who can, because your mindfulness is such that you just get on with it.

It's discovering that people respect you, ask your opinions, ask how you are so happy all the time... and still being humble.

Aside from in the wake of occasional 'WOW' moments - which will happen, and blow your mind - you will only notice your progress by looking back. We always consider how we are now to be normal, but how we are may be truly incredible compared to the way we were.

• Like 3

By power, I mean able to enter deep meditation states easily, lucid dream/astral project at will and everyday, heal others especially, etc. If so, could you explain in detail how you attained this power. I'm just curios how the people around here stand and as I'm starting all of this energy stuff, I want to have a good foundation and try something that works.

I know meditation is extremely helpful and I do it everyday, but I'm not really seeing any progress with meditation. Yea I'm able to calm my mind, slow my breath almost to a stop, and remember some dreams, but that's it. I sometimes do horse stance and then my body automatically starts reverse breathing and my legs shake, but I'm still not noticing any differences.

I'm curious to see what actually works for people. Please don't say mo pai because I researched this and can't find any reliable information past a certain level. Also the book(The Magus of Java) although a good read, seems exaggerated. Thanks for reading this post and if you have any advice/criticism, please input your thoughts.

Power is locked behind a door that a search for power does not have the key to.

The search for power can provide a lock pick, you can open the door but you can never be the master of this door, you can't open or close it at will if all you have is a lock pick. You can open it but then you're at the mercy of all the powers behind, some of which will be infinitely greater than you've bargained for and infinitely less obedient to your will than you hoped for. (I mean a generic you, not you personally.)

The key to power was shown to me by the Mother of the Universe. The inscription on the key reads, "Do Not Abuse Power."

Whoever has this key has unlimited power. If you haven't found it, you can't get power from a legitimate source, only from a breaking-and-entering, with the law (the law of the universe) on your ass. Not recommended.

Look for the key. If you grasp that key, the door will open and close as you wish, power is your oyster.

This is power the hard way, but power any other way is bogus and transient and never really yours.

• Like 4

Honestly, if you want power.....asking about it on TTB will do you no good. Most people here either tell you something like "You want power(s)?!? NO NO NO! You should cultivate compassion, kindness,love and a good heart!! All that other stuff is soooo not spiritual!"...

I started meditation when I was in juvenile hall at 15 years old...I didn't gain any real abilities trying out MANY Qi Gong systems and Yoga meditations until I started investigating things on my own,piecing together whatever knowledge I could get from many ancient systems and practices...and finally, learning from a YOUNG shaman(shaman is not the correct term but it's what most westerners call them other than witch doctors) with great CONTROL over his abilities.

So what does this have to do with your question? Well, to actually gain any abilities you must first gain awareness of your own energy and how it moves and functions inside of you. To do that, it requires getting into a deep meditation which means NO breath regulation or visualization (these things keep your brainwaves close to the alpha and beta ranges which obviously is not going to allow you to go deeper). Once in a trance/trance-like state (hypnagogic might be the proper term), the mind is quiet,with absolutely NO thoughts and you'll have enough clarity to really feel your energy working..you'll feel strong vibrations or what may be considered "strong" at this point at least. Another marker for being in this state is the ability to "see" through your eyelids! This is extremely common for those who actually make it to this state...

But anyways, in that state is when all the training truly begins. Get to that state first THEN put your awareness on your LDT or Astral projection...etc..

This meditation is in SFQ btw, Chunyi Lin calls it "going into the Emptiness" I believe. It's also in Longmen Pai but called Yin Xian Fa. It is obviously called different names in different systems but that meditation is where it all truly begins!

• Like 7