Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

Giving in to a momentary animalistic rage after being pushed to the brink is hardly the same as being a genocidal dictator.

Anyway there's no way to prove whether the 'special aura' does or doesn't relate to moral development, but my point is that even Hitler or Genghis Khan aren't going to get past the early stages without it.

I have seen/met quite a few advanced people with extremely questionable ethics who have definitely made it past the first few stages of energetic ability to do stuff. We could hope that folks like this can't make it, but in all reality, some do.

As one example, why do you think that there are folks out there who do/have to specialize in curse removal (just one not so nice use of energetic stuff). There's also assholes who practice internal martial arts quite well.

I am more interested in abilities that can be quantified

How about what can be felt?

eeg readouts don't do much for me personally.

How about this one then? my teacher went to a free health check clinic at the local state hospital. The doctors interpreting the readouts said his eeg was like that of a teenager's (he was 78 at the time)

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

I read the book years ago and this story actually made me feel sick to the stomach.

These are supposed to be 'high level cultivators', whatever that means.

How people do such things is beyond me.

We don't even know if that story is true. It could have been included in the book for 'entertainment' purposes.

Sick, twisted and racist.

I'm afraid you still don't get it.

Your character is not your spirit.

Development of your character doesn't develop your spirit.

How about what can be felt?

How about this one then? my teacher went to a free health check clinic at the local state hospital. The doctors interpreting the readouts said his eeg was like that of a teenager's (he was 78 at the time)

I don't care man, I want something real that can be quantified.

I'm afraid you still don't get it.

Your character is not your spirit.

Development of your character doesn't develop your spirit.

Oh, I get it alright.

Learn 'high level' neikung and turn into a murderer and racist :unsure:

• Like 1

Oh, I get it alright.

Learn 'high level' neikung and turn into a murderer and racist :unsure:

No it doesn't make you good or evil any more than owning a gun, learning BJJ/JKD, or being a weight lifter makes you good or evil.

So, Thunder_Gooch, if you could learn this type of power, would you still do it knowing that it could turn you into a crazed murderer of women, children and men, and a hateful racist ?

Power corrupts !

A violent storm will not last.

The most extreme forms of energy will lead to immediate power and destruction.

Like Hitler and Stalin.

One may admire that type of force

-- and many people did, as evidenced by the dictator's thousands of blinded supporters--

But that power is a short-lived and disappears like a blink of an eye.

It will not last.

If the immortal pursuit is eternal and everlasting,

and represent true power,

will you find it in imbalanced and extreme energy?

The Tao has nothing to do with violence.

It is the long-lasting truth.

What is Qi?

It is life.

And if Qi is life,

how can you limit its development to meditation and the meditation mat?

Can you only accumulate qi while you have a plug in your perineum?

That is a narrow view.

Everything is energy.

Spirit is energy.

Body is energy.

Mind is energy.

It is only a different matter of frequency.

Compassion, wisdom, and equanimity is an certainly an expression and accumulation of a type of energy.

Power, destruction, and anger is also a type of energy.

Sincerity is also a type of power as well.

Energy, and life as we know it, is merely how you fulfill it.

Everyone has a choice.

Everyone has to live with the consequences of those choices as well.

Thank you, that is very fitting to this thread.

So, Thunder_Gooch, if you could learn this type of power, would you still do it knowing that it could turn you into a crazed murderer of women, children and men, and a hateful racist ?

Power corrupts !

Stop with the silliness.

The point is evolution.

Nature is brutal, cruel and uncaring.

Everything eats everything else alive.

That's the same nature we crawled out of the trees from.

If you want to make up sour grapes excuses, and play make believe and roleplay spirituality that's your prerogative.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

No it doesn't make you good or evil any more than owning a gun, learning BJJ/JKD, or being a weight lifter makes you good or evil.

I think what it does is amplifies who you are already. One way (for a teacher) to find out what any student/person is truly like is to put them in an extremely stressful situation and see what they are willing to do, and how they react to it.

• Like 1

Power corrupts !

I've trained a lot of people, most turned out really well, the odd one went the other way. I think TG is less likely than most folks to go in that direction (from the personal stuff I know about him). Not impossible of course, but just less likely than most.

Stop with the silliness.

The point is evolution.

Nature is brutal, cruel and uncaring.

Everything eats everything else alive.

That's the same nature we crawled out of the trees from.

If you want to make up sour grapes excuses, and play make believe and roleplay spirituality that's your prerogative.

It seems to you that anything other than Mopai isn't worth practicing.

That John Chang and the lineage that preceded him practiced 'the ultimate cultivation method' where all others pale into insignificance ? Well, if that system is ok with genocide and racism then it is the worst example of those thirsting for power.

Power does indeed corrupt, at all levels, without exception.

I've trained a lot of people, most turned out really well, the odd one went the other way. I think TG is less likely than most folks to go in that direction (from the personal stuff I know about him). Not impossible of course, but just less likely than most.

I'm imagining you hunting down one of your students and having a light saber duel on a Volcano somewhere :P

""From my point of view, it is Bagua which is evil!

anakin-vs-obi-wan.jpg

• Like 3

When you're messing with a supposed high level power, anything can happen, especially if you're not ready for it.

For instance, murdering entire villages of innocent men, women and children, and even worse, thinking that it's OK.

When you're messing with a supposed high level power, anything can happen, especially if you're not ready for it.

For instance, murdering entire villages of innocent men, women and children, and even worse, thinking that it's OK.

Come on man, nobody here is supporting murderous rampages (although arm T_G and set him loose at a New Age festival and I'd think all bets are off at that stage).

• Like 1

It seems to you that anything other than Mopai isn't worth practicing.

There are probably a small handful of schools like it.

At the end of the day you achieve something before the death of your physical body or you don't.

99.999999% of the practices available to us are bogus nonsense that leads nowhere and does nothing.

Well, if that system is ok with genocide and racism then it is the worst example of those thirsting for power.

Sour grapes excuses. You either want something real or you don't. Quit wasting my time with this silliness.

Power does indeed corrupt, at all levels, without exception.

So go be powerless, live your live powerless and die like a dog just like everyone else.

If you want to become something more it isn't going to happen with that peaced-out nonsense you keep feeding yourself over and over.

This is about survival, you either want to survive what's coming or you don't.

If you want to use fantasy and religion like a narcotic and play make believe that everything will be alright that's your prerogative.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

I'm imagining you hunting down one of your students and having a light saber duel on a Volcano somewhere :P

""From my point of view, it is Bagua which is evil!

anakin-vs-obi-wan.jpg

Here's something funny... it's sorta kinda on topic, and rather amusing ;).

I recently had a student say this, and it is something a few have said...

"I come to train with BKA to learn black magic and demon calling; and here she has me working through all my internal stuff and becoming a better person"

:D

They all like it though ;).

I just tell them if they don't work through their stuff before working advanced magic, they could end up in the asylum. That tends to help convince them.

I don't do anything, I just tell them they have to work on their stuff. They tell me they have done that, they are already done. I just suggest that perhaps there's a little more.

Then a just work with them normally for a couple more weeks....... Then it all comes up and out.....

They turn into amazing practitioners though!

• Like 1

So go be powerless, live your live powerless and die like a dog just like everyone else.

If you want to become something more it isn't going to happen with that peaced-out nonsense you keep feeding yourself over and over.

This is about survival, you either want to survive what's coming or you don't.

If you want to use fantasy and religion like a narcotic and play make believe that everything will be alright that's your prerogative.

I never said any of this or even hinted at it.

I'm in no way powerless and don't get screwed over.

Survival is a part of being human but you can't go over the top.

I don't play make believe or engage in fantasy lifestyles.

I'm not living a peaced-out, blissful existence either. I treat each situation 'as it is' and act in a suitable manner.

But you're way of 'survival of the fittest' is back to an animalistic way of living and is not the way of the Dao.

You live by the sword and you die by the sword.

• Like 1

Yes, I have power-- but if spring doesn't hurry and get here, I may not be able to stand another $700 electricity bill until my new "big boy" desk job with the state begins in April.

Nashville Electric Service has been the bane of my existence lately...

:D

Yes and I am in a battle with Origin Electricity ... the nice 'green electric' company that has no concept of how its billing system works and a 'defence filter' of phone operators with all over the world with thick incomprehensible accents that speak at high speed and run all their words together in one sentence ... and NO! I will not give in to their tactics and am prepared to go to court with my payment receipts .... then they can explain to the judge their billing system.

I regained my power ( why did I give to someone else in the first place ? for extra comfort :rolleyes: ) now I have regained my power I feel much better , But still they are threatening to 'cut my power off ' . I told them " What? Are you going to park a blimp between the sun and my solar panels .... come on to my property and cut the wires from my panel ... I have weapons you know ... "

If you have power, share it, by all means .... but don't hand it over ;)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

I never said any of this or even hinted at it.

I'm in no way powerless and don't get screwed over.

Survival is a part of being human but you can't go over the top.

I don't play make believe or engage in fantasy lifestyles.

I'm not living a peaced-out, blissful existence either. I treat each situation 'as it is' and act in a suitable manner.

But you're way of 'survival of the fittest' is back to an animalistic way of living and is not the way of the Dao.

You live by the sword and you die by the sword.

If you want something real it's the one of the few systems that actually lead somewhere.

The reality is you are going to die, and you are going to be reborn, and this is true for virtually every being on this planet. Only via an actual spiritual metamorphosis can you survive and break free of this cycle.

All these other paths lead nowhere and do nothing.