Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

Hi Adept, why do you think this happens? What, in your opinion, could be the cause(s)?

I'm not sure why or what the causes are but I've seen really nice, polite, decent people become really nasty and horrible when given positions of power. Usually within a few days or weeks. The transformation is startling.

I don't know, but i would say they were never nice or decent people if that was the case.

• Like 2

I don't know, but i would say they were never nice or decent people if that was the case.

The thing is you just never know , becouse there is potential in everyone to be anything or suddenly change under different circumstances . This is specially visable under pressure or in times of crises or war . Nicest people become beasts . Literally .

Only people who know themselves can resist such strong psychic winds of kind of enjoying destruction or nastiness for the sake of nastiness .

P.S

havent really read the thread ,just felt to answer this ...

Edited by suninmyeyes

I can't decide which is worse, some of the stuff they do in their ceremonies (it's not a path I understand much), or them allowing their sacred ceremonies to be filmed to be viewed by westerners to scoff at and mock?

They seems dont have any taboos ... do not fear of death ... eat human corpses ... As said on the clip they can also kill and eat, what is nothing else as canibalism ... What comes to my mind first, for example, if they eat a dead, who died because od aids or some other disease ... probably they can get infected ... Strange practice ...

He needed a ground.

As much respect as I have for JC he is no where near his teachers level, even then he did these demonstrations with a fraction of a percent of his full ability.

JC this and JC that, super power this and that and so on and so forth ... and one is sure 99.9999999 ...% JC is never going to teach you and no one of us ... :)

Why to lose so much attention / energy with this ...

To me this seems as strong attachment / fixation ... and what the tao practice is about ... ? Fixation or to free and let it go ... :)

Peace, Jox ... :)

Reality is the source.

There are thousands of types of meditation, but few that actually do anything.

In the deepest most profound depths of trance you can see what a spirit is like for yourself without having to go look it up in a book.

I've talked with other people who claim to have access to the spirit world. Their explanations were quite a bit more complex than yours.

There is, according to a friend of mine, a 'type' of spirit that is indeed like what you describe. She claims our spirit splits at death though and the part you describe is something like our heart mind, or emotional energetic body. She has said that this is what often gets trapped near the physical world because of emotional attachments to the physical world.

Even if I saw a spirit with my own eyes, I would have to be awfully presumptuous to assume that what I'd seen is indicative of anything more that that's what I saw.

Similarly, if aliens landed in my back yard and looked a certain way, acted a certain way; I wouldn't assume that ALL aliens looked and acted just like the ones that landed in my back yard.

I'm not sure why or what the causes are but I've seen really nice, polite, decent people become really nasty and horrible when given positions of power. Usually within a few days or weeks. The transformation is startling.

More like they stopped faking it (in my opinion).

• Like 2

More like they stopped faking it (in my opinion).

Hehehe. That's not very positive thinking.

(Even thought it may well be true.)

• Like 1

Oh alright, it goes deeper as well... aside from some stopping faking being a nice person.... most people aren't used to having any power, and feel as though they have no power their entire lives. So then they finally start to get what they feel is power. It is really interesting to see how they react to it and work with it. Some are very careful with it, they don't want to screw up. Some do all the stuff they have always wanted to do (which sometimes isn't very nice, and involves getting back at people or society). Some people realize it is there, and use it as a motivation to work on themselves and increase their spiritual practice. Some run and hide from it and quit. Some use it to help others. Different reactions from different people, depending on who they are, how they were raised, how they have lived their life and been treated by others....

Also I have noticed that having power doesn't make people feel any happier (even though they try to tell themselves they are), any less stressed, any more comfortable with their lives, or anymore enlightened (unless they use it to work towards that).

I have fortunately also seen many people come into power who do quite well at it and with it. Sometimes there are a few bumps along the path (how would anyone learn otherwise?), but then they do quite well.

• Like 3

Pure Land Buddhism seems an easier way to step off the cycle of birth and death than MoPai.

• Like 2

But I don't want to get off the merry-go-round. I love life. I want to do it over and over again.

Same here ! But for those with that inclination, maybe that's (PL) the way.

• Like 1

Pure Land Buddhism seems an easier way to step off the cycle of birth and death than MoPai.

It might seem that way to the Pure Landers.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

But I don't want to get off the merry-go-round. I love life. I want to do it over and over again.

That's the spirit! Notice: that's ALSO the spirit that gets you to the other side.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

... that's ALSO the spirit that gets you to the other side.

I could give the "other side" a shot. As far as I know I haven't been there yet.

That's the spirit! Notice to the weenies: that's ALSO the spirit that gets you to the other side.

I think that is generally how those who think they have the power conduct their speech. Yes? No? ^_^

• Like 1

I wouldn't be 99.9999999% about that one :D

JC this and JC that, super power this and that and so on and so forth ... and one is sure 99.9999999 ...% JC is never going to teach you and no one of us ... :)

It might seem that way to the fundamentalist Pure Landers. Wizards, on the other hand, recognize a heap of bullshit from quite a distance.

You have used the word bullshit in replying to two of my posts in the last 24 hours. You seem to have a problem with me.I'm sorry if what I post doesn't fit with your superior worldview.

You're another one who disses every other practice apart from your own.

Your ignorance of the validity of other methods shows in the manner of your posts.

Its obvious that power has also corrupted you.

But then again, life in the PL is without any birth, aging, sickness and death, so it would be a million times better than reincarnating back here.

• Like 1

You have used the word bullshit in replying to two of my posts in the last 24 hours. You seem to have a problem with me.I'm sorry if what I post doesn't fit with your superior worldview.

Well there was a bit of shit slinging going on, particularly by that guy who shoots lightning out his asshole, that I decided to join the fun. It's just a coincidence I used the bs word on you twice in a row, I'm just waiting for Thunder Pants to show up again.

Edited by Starjumper

You don't seem to notice the stench of fundamentalism in your life, do you?

That's bullshit too. you are imagining things.

Now that's really bullshit. You some kind of fucking expert on me, HUH?

I'm too old for this shit. I'll leave you young losers to your arguments. By now.

I rest my case.

• Like 1

~~~~ MOD WARNING ~~~~

Warning to Starjumper to curb the tongue's lightning

~~~~~ MOD OUT ~~~~~

• Like 1

Well actually I did not want to engage in this heated debate but I think some things should be pointed out that only practitioners that have real Nei Gong experience know. E.g. it has been stated over and over again that Nei Gong is not about character

Nothing could be further from the truth. I know for a fact that when your Chi and Shen are strongly connected (especially when you are working with more martially related energies) it could literally kill you if you have no control over your emotions as you would seriously hurt your internal organs with this attitude. This is why some well known martial artists and Tai Chi masters (who where also famous for their bad temper) died in their late fifties or early sixties. Nature is wise and won't give true power into the hand of morons or only to sort them out. This sounds a bit harsh but I am very familiar with teachers from an occult and tantric background also and they all say the same. If you develop true power and acquire real Siddhis you should have a stable personality or these forces will destroy you. It all comes down to being a good and moral person with compassion for others. I consider being able to heal and uplift others as the greatest Siddhi of them all. I firmly believe true power comes to those that want to serve.

• Like 13

Well actually I did not want to engage in this heated debate but I think some things should be pointed out that only practitioners that have real Nei Gong experience know. E.g. it has been stated over and over again that Nei Gong is not about character

Nothing could be further from the truth. I know for a fact that when your Chi and Shen are strongly connected (especially when you are working with more martially related energies) it could literally kill you if you have no control over your emotions as you would seriously hurt your internal organs with this attitude. This is why some well known martial artists and Tai Chi masters (who where also famous for their bad temper) died in their late fifties or early sixties. Nature is wise and won't give true power into the hand of morons or only to sort them out. This sounds a bit harsh but I am very familiar with teachers from an occult and tantric background also and they all say the same. If you develop true power and acquire real Siddhis you should have a stable personality or these forces will destroy you. It all comes down to being a good and moral person with compassion for others. I consider being able to heal and uplift others as the greatest Siddhi of them all. I firmly believe true power comes to those that want to serve.

While I agree.... for the most part... and seen it happen....

I have also seen some high level very dark and very unethical folks live very long lives and be able to do quite a bit energetically.

Also asking some folks over on the other side who still have some powers and awareness, and still use it all for some nasty stuff... how long they lived might give an interesting answer.

Not saying such people/beings are happy, joyous and content, but not all of them are suffering all the time either.

I still prefer option A. though ;).

I'm definitely not advertising option B. (not many can pull it off or survive it, and most end up pretty messed up by the practices), just saying that it is a reality.

• Like 1