Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

I see what you mean BaguaKicksAss. I used to be one of those. Not in this lifetime however :P In my case I was actually quite sick and frail towards the end of this particular incarnation due to the karmic kickbacks I received. It is possible to evade karmic kickbacks under certain circumstances but eventually it will catch up with you. At least that is what I experienced. So I am only speaking from personal experience.

Edited by Pai_Mei
  • Like 2

Well actually I did not want to engage in this heated debate but I think some things should be pointed out that only practitioners that have real Nei Gong experience know. E.g. it has been stated over and over again that Nei Gong is not about character

Nothing could be further from the truth. I know for a fact that when your Chi and Shen are strongly connected (especially when you are working with more martially related energies) it could literally kill you if you have no control over your emotions as you would seriously hurt your internal organs with this attitude. This is why some well known martial artists and Tai Chi masters (who where also famous for their bad temper) died in their late fifties or early sixties. Nature is wise and won't give true power into the hand of morons or only to sort them out. This sounds a bit harsh but I am very familiar with teachers from an occult and tantric background also and they all say the same. If you develop true power and acquire real Siddhis you should have a stable personality or these forces will destroy you. It all comes down to being a good and moral person with compassion for others. I consider being able to heal and uplift others as the greatest Siddhi of them all. I firmly believe true power comes to those that want to serve.

While I agree.... for the most part... and seen it happen....

I have also seen some high level very dark and very unethical folks live very long lives and be able to do quite a bit energetically.

Also asking some folks over on the other side who still have some powers and awareness, and still use it all for some nasty stuff... how long they lived might give an interesting answer.

Not saying such people/beings are happy, joyous and content, but not all of them are suffering all the time either.

I still prefer option A. though ;).

I'm definitely not advertising option B. (not many can pull it off or survive it, and most end up pretty messed up by the practices), just saying that it is a reality.

This is something I've been curious about for a long time. It seems to me that in general that option A usually wins out.

There's no doubt that unethical people do develop some energetic abilities particularly with the more purely mechanical aspects of energy cultivation of which there are many. This brings us to the point that most teachers of power/spiritual systems won't teach powerful stuff to unethical people.

On the other hand, developing power makes the ethical playing field not only larger but potentially more dangerous (for self and others) so it's a good training field for those who do 'real' nei kung and if a person has a good heart and just needs a little practice with ethics, then playing on this larger more dangerous field is an essential step to further growth.

Then there are some of those who get enamored with some abilities and get lost on a tangent called ego.

Lets examine Darth Vader for a sec, shall we? He was the bad guy, but at the end when he died we see he was a good guy, in a way. So it could be that a person is fighting for a cause that they think is better for some reason and so you get the good/bad division. Good for one side but bad for the other. And then some may give their alegience to some sect or teacher which may have hereditary enemies of some kind. This person would then appear 'bad' to the person's enemies, wouldn't they. For example one of my teachers was a Shaolin grand master with very strong high level Jedi like abilities, and he was also high up in the CIA. So while some may see him as a bad guy for being in the CIA many others will see him as a patriotic citizen doing what he could to help his country. and so on and so forth.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

BUT, when someone goes further in these oh so rare power cultivating systems they go past the simple purely mechanical energy power generating stage to the stage where a person acquires 'spiritual' power, where they start to experience huge levels of synchronicity and some 'miraculous' abilities.

When they get to that stage I feel that the bad guys would get weeded out ... ?

• Like 2

This is something I've been curious about for a long time. It seems to me that in general that option A usually wins out.

There's no doubt that unethical people do develop some energetic abilities particularly with the more purely mechanical aspects of energy cultivation of which there are many. This brings us to the point that most teachers of power/spiritual systems won't teach powerful stuff to unethical people.

On the other hand, developing power makes the ethical playing field not only larger but potentially more dangerous (for self and others) so it's a good training field for those who do 'real' nei kung and if a person has a good heart and just needs a little practice with ethics, then playing on this larger more dangerous field is an essential step to further growth.

Then there are some of those who get enamored with some abilities and get lost on a tangent called ego.

Lets examine Darth Vader for a sec, shall we? He was the bad guy, but at the end when he died we see he was a good guy, in a way. So it could be that a person is fighting for a cause that they think is better for some reason and so you get the good/bad division. Good for one side but bad for the other. And then some may give their alegience to some sect or teacher which may have hereditary enemies of some kind. This person would then appear 'bad' to the person's enemies, wouldn't they. For example one of my teachers was a Shaolin grand master with high level Jedi like abilities, and he was also high up in the CIA. So while some may see him as a bad guy for being in the CIA many others will see him as a patriotic citizen doing what he could to help his country. and so on and so forth.

Your post made me think of something important... being tested. I would trust someone more who was offered and/or tempted towards "the dark side" and who made their own decision to not go blow up villages, than someone who was just following what they are "supposed to do" or never had that challenge/option. Though I guess we are tested throughout life, then even more so once we start on any energetic paths.

• Like 2

Though I guess we are tested throughout life, then even more so once we start on any energetic paths.

This puppy doesn't get tested any more. I pee on the floor whenever I want to.

• Like 2

BUT, when someone goes further in these oh so rare power cultivating systems they go past the simple purely mechanical energy power generating stage to the stage where a person acquires 'spiritual' power, where they start to experience huge levels of synchronicity and some 'miraculous' abilities.

When they get to that stage I feel that the bad guys would get weeded out ... ?

Not always.

This puppy doesn't get tested any more. I pee on the floor whenever I want to.

Oh you've been already tested plenty fine marbles :).

Hmmm, are you trying to say the Mods should arm themselves with newspapers? :D

Oh you've been already tested plenty fine marbles :).

Hmmm, are you trying to say the Mods should arm themselves with newspapers? :D

Thanks.

Well, no, that was not anything specifically meant. The Mods know who I am. (I don't know if that's good or bad though. Hehehe.)

What were we talking about? Oh, yes, you have the power to live your life or something like that.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 2

Your post made me think of something important... being tested. I would trust someone more who was offered and/or tempted towards "the dark side" and who made their own decision to not go blow up villages, than someone who was just following what they are "supposed to do" or never had that challenge/option. Though I guess we are tested throughout life, then even more so once we start on any energetic paths.

Hm, though it might raise more trust, and yes, some may pass this kind of test .. sure, to some degree that might or will happen.

But getting into the mess due to not passing is then .. well, a sign of bad karma, isn't it?

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. The point is that you have to recognize it as it is, and realize the fundamentals.

Ouh, but I just notice I'm confused. Guess I'll better switch to PPF than further confusing others :blush:

• Like 2

Not always.

That makes me really curious about what makes synchronicity tic. That is some weird shit, that synchronicity is.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 4

Ouh, but I just notice I'm confused. Guess I'll better switch to PPF than further confusing others :blush:

No worry. Confused is a normal state around here.

• Like 1

Starjumper, you raised an excellent point here concerning "mechanical power" and "spiritual power".I would agree that spiritual power comes to those that have high virtues and a good character. From my experience power can be taken away from you from the higher levels if you misuse them. This is probably some other thing with pure mechanical powers. These are something you acquire through pure practice of certain energetic principles and are not necessarily connected to higher spiritual laws.

Edited by Pai_Mei
  • Like 1

I agree with all that, but the practice required for cultivating the purely mechanical chi power also includes a lot of meditation of all kinds, moving and sitting. It seems to me that after some decades of plenty of this meditating that that will influence a person to face his dark side and either fix it or quit meditating, which then limits power.

Or maybe they just did the yang moving meditations and none of the yin sitting ones, although I think that would limit power.

Another option occurred to me though: what if a person faced his dark side and decided he liked it and continued meditating. Could that work? I guess it goes back to a person's 'floor level' ethical nature.

I just always believed (there's a belief for ya by golly) that plenty of meditation for plenty of years was healing for a persons emotional/ethical nature.

Geese, I hope I'm not confusing myself too much here. I don't think well, just feel.

• Like 2

I agree with all that, but the practice required for cultivating the purely mechanical chi power also includes a lot of meditation of all kinds, moving and sitting. It seems to me that after some decades of plenty of this meditating that that will influence a person to face his dark side and either fix it or quit meditating, which then limits power.

Or maybe they just did the yang moving meditations and none of the yin sitting ones, although I think that would limit power.

Another option occurred to me though: what if a person faced his dark side and decided he liked it and continued meditating. Could that work? I guess it goes back to a person's 'floor level' ethical nature.

I just always believed (there's a belief for ya by golly) that plenty of meditation for plenty of years was healing for a persons emotional/ethical nature.

Geese, I hope I'm not confusing myself too much here. I don't think well, just feel.

Oh the darker folks meditate just as much as the lighter folks. (keep in mind I tend to avoid dabblers of any path).

Either like it, get intrigued by it, get influenced by stuff it attracts, think they have cleared enough out when they are only halfway done, get stuck at some major point and turn in a different direction (not everyone makes it through the rough patches), or perhaps just have a different path to lead than most.

PS see my PM ;).

• Like 1

I'm not sure why or what the causes are but I've seen really nice, polite, decent people become really nasty and horrible when given positions of power. Usually within a few days or weeks. The transformation is startling.

Maybe because they were not really nice people in the first place ... but people acting nice in a perceived ' lower position' in an attempt to get what they wanted ... passive aggression ? When they got percievedpower they went; "Well, I dont have to be like that anymore .... and it might all be acted out unconsciously ?

• Like 3

Maybe because they were not really nice people in the first place ... but people acting nice in a perceived ' lower position' in an attempt to get what they wanted ... passive aggression ? When they got percievedpower they went; "Well, I dont have to be like that anymore .... and it might all be acted out unconsciously ?

Recently experienced above with a 'spiritual kin' (who's also a business associate). :ph34r: Not very pleasant.

While I agree.... for the most part... and seen it happen....

I have also seen some high level very dark and very unethical folks live very long lives and be able to do quite a bit energetically.

Also asking some folks over on the other side who still have some powers and awareness, and still use it all for some nasty stuff... how long they lived might give an interesting answer.

Not saying such people/beings are happy, joyous and content, but not all of them are suffering all the time either.

I still prefer option A. though ;).

I'm definitely not advertising option B. (not many can pull it off or survive it, and most end up pretty messed up by the practices), just saying that it is a reality.

This is so - IMO ... but (to quote a great professor) why is it so.?

Down here we have a story about Pemulway; he broke the law ... he shouldn't even have been allowed to live - his mother broke the law by allowing him to live... he got older and more and more physically and magically powerful ... his own people became somewhat terrified of him. 'Clever fellahs' (indigenous 'magicians') were sent to get him ... he beat them up, groups or warriors were sent to discipline him ... he beat them up. He was 'out of control'. How could this be happening?

But then 'coincidentally' ... white settlement arrived ... Pemulway and his band stopped advancement beyond the Sydney area for 20 years. Soldiers were sent to get him, he killed them - time and time again. Their rifles appeared useless against his spears ( they could spear you in the bush without visual contact from either side, most probably by hearing; medical reports from the time showed these deaths were by spear wounds through the top of the head or shoulders - up and over undergrowth and down to the target). He danced tauntingly outside the gates of Parramatta stockade, he believed he was 'immune' to bullets (a belief his band tried to discourage him of). He got shot and taken inside and imprisoned and according to the English account the doctor said he was lying in a locked cell and the shot had smashed through his side and ribs and the lung was exposed and he was not thought to survive the night.

In the morning the cell was empty, no explaination is offered as to why. Months later Pemulway is again outside the stockade taunting the guards, yelling fiercely and doing a war dance - he has a mass of scar tissue across his chest. Eventually they shot him again and this time removed his head. He didnt come back ( yet ;) ).

At first his people couldnt understand how this could have been allowed to happen. Later the English didnt understand how this could have been allowed to happen.

Is a crocodile a bad creature ?

• Like 3

"Does Anyone Have Power?"

No, people only have the illusion of power.

"When things have become strong, they become old,

which may be said to be contrary to the Tao.

Whatever is contrary to the Tao soon ends."

• Like 3

'Bad' folks live longer so they got more time to mend their ways before clocking off, and hopefully reduce the number of tolls they have to pay for every return made. If they dont, they pay more toll. Thats it.

Long life means nothing. It could simply point towards more suffering. For the power-fed, old age can be a supremely challenging phase, seeing their power being slowly sucked out from them can be quite traumatising. Imagine picking up a cup of tea at 90, only to hear the cup clattering with the plate due to unsteadied hands, or being unable to recall basic information, things like that. O sure, some live to 105, due to having a stronger battery, but the confusion setting in only becomes more magnified as the years roll on.

• Like 2

Old_Tattoos1.jpg

" I'm here for a good time ... not a long time."

Wow, you've got some wild tats there Nungali, brave of you.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

'Bad' folks live longer so they got more time to mend their ways before clocking off, and hopefully reduce the number of tolls they have to pay for every return made. If they dont, they pay more toll. Thats it.

Long life means nothing. It could simply point towards more suffering. For the power-fed, old age can be a supremely challenging phase, seeing their power being slowly sucked out from them can be quite traumatising. Imagine picking up a cup of tea at 90, only to hear the cup clattering with the plate due to unsteadied hands, or being unable to recall basic information, things like that. O sure, some live to 105, due to having a stronger battery, but the confusion setting in only becomes more magnified as the years roll on.

You would have to come to peace with it :).

I woke up one day with no magical power. It sucked, couldn't do anything energy wise. All that work for all those years for nothing.... After about a week of that I got over it and thought oh well. It was definitely an interesting experience. But you just adapt like anything else... wasn't the end of the world when I broke my leg either. First week sucks, after that you adapt. Though living to be 90 and not being able to hike up mountains would be quite the bummer. Fortunately I've had 90 year olds pass me on the mountain trails so there is hope :D. I should probably practice some more...

• Like 3

You would have to come to peace with it :).

I woke up one day with no magical power. It sucked, couldn't do anything energy wise. All that work for all those years for nothing.... After about a week of that I got over it and thought oh well. It was definitely an interesting experience. But you just adapt like anything else... wasn't the end of the world when I broke my leg either. First week sucks, after that you adapt. Though living to be 90 and not being able to hike up mountains would be quite the bummer. Fortunately I've had 90 year olds pass me on the mountain trails so there is hope :D. I should probably practice some more...

Coming to peace sounds like compensating for the gradual temporary/permanent disempowerment of previously owned glories. Coupled this with learning to adapt all over again, i am guessing, can be hard on the psyche of one who had previously lived the grand illusion of powers equalling that of immortals.

Too much fantasies could be harmful in the long run, i say.

For those who can heal with what they have, i say well-done, but a large percentage of healers are only interested in healing those who either have influence, or money, or with some ignoble/ignorant motive behind their work, or a combination of any of the three. Only very rarely do we get to connect with genuine, altruistic, pure and genuine mystics and/or healers who simply do the work because if they don't its like the onset of an allergy which does not go away until they put their ability out to benefit others, with no expectations of any selfish returns, whatsoever.

From what i have gathered over the years, it seems only a very small number of healers/mystics form an affinity with the community. Most of the others shy off into seclusion, far from the madding crowds.

• Like 3

Wise? Whats wise?

Those who are wise know to do good for goodness sake because you never know.....

Power real power isnt the power of death its the power of life.

For life is perfect for life is virtue and the continuing of the awakening and the development there of and thus enlightenment actualized.

For what is immortality without life?

What is power without love? It is self destruction expressed to others. The power became a coffin for the physical and spiritual death and killed your life awakening and enlightenment.

and thus the virtue left you....

Listen many many many talk but few actually understand.

• Like 3