Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

Who care's what your eeg read out looks like? I am talking about people reaching another level of being.

It wasn't my readout but my teacher's. I care and some others too.

Edited by Starjumper

Someone who advances far in nei kung will not be so evil. This is because it requires a lot of meditation, and a lot of meditation will cause a person to confront and heal his dark side. There's another thing, what is bad to one side may be 'good' for the side the nei kung person is on. It depends on how broad the reach or scope of the practitioner's ethics is.

Evil maybe no, but bad temper sometimes maybe yes :)

• Like 2

Well he did reach another level of being

No he didn't.

proving it scientifically is a farce

Wim Hof did a pretty good job, and so did JC.

Someone who advances far in nei kung will not be so evil.

Has nothing to do with your character any more than weight lifting does.

a lot of meditation will cause a person to confront and heal his dark side.

Has nothing to do with that.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

I feel certain that my event followed from my conscious decision to seek to do good, and my conscious awareness of my own shortcomings.

And the feeling that I had reached the end of my tether, somehow.

Not my will, but thy Will.

That was the trigger mantra.

But I was deep within, you see.

Not empty minded, no.

But in sincere contemplation of my life, in sorrow and regret that I was soon to die.

I don't know whether I should be posting this.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

It seems to you that anything other than Mopai isn't worth practicing.

That John Chang and the lineage that preceded him practiced 'the ultimate cultivation method' where all others pale into insignificance ? Well, if that system is ok with genocide and racism then it is the worst example of those thirsting for power.

Power does indeed corrupt, at all levels, without exception.

d5wmk.jpg

Spirit is a vague term ... you seem to have appropriated it to describe some type of etheric body ?

etheric-body-opening.jpg

those thick green arrows are wrong :D

Edited by SonOfTheGods

It seems to you that anything other than Mopai isn't worth practicing.

That John Chang and the lineage that preceded him practiced 'the ultimate cultivation method' where all others pale into insignificance ? Well, if that system is ok with genocide and racism then it is the worst example of those thirsting for power.

Power does indeed corrupt, at all levels, without exception.

d5wmk.jpg

I know.

What's that?

Peace was never an option?

Magneto_Hates_Drama-300x284.jpg

He's written so many times that 99% of all paths (other then his & 3? others) are garbage that he's closed his mind to new ideas. I find the majority of his comments have little to do with cultivation and mostly just arguing. If Mo Pai comes up (as here), don't expect to learn anything, it'll be a rehash of hundred of pages of childish back and forth, over and over.

It's up 99.999999% now, I think.

It's up 99.999999% now, I think.

There are a small handful of systems that lead somewhere meaningful.

I want something real Brian, not more make believe nonsense.

Just seemed like quite a few significant digits when I came upon the number.

Remind me in which units a realometer is calibrated?

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

I think Reiki is absurd, but if a handful of Reiki masters stepped forward and demonstrated demigod like ability under lab conditions don't think I'd reverse course on that.

demi-godlike?? I've seen Mo Pai videos. Its generally things like John Chang having a 1/50th of a watt diode bulb in his hand; he tries to light it, fails, tries again, fails, brings it the corner of the room, success.. demonstrating with a few tries 1/50 of a watt of power. Same with Jim McMillian a practitioner and teacher for a decade or two. In his video he moves his hands back and forth a few times and some small stacked boxes fall forward. Maybe 1/2 ounce, even an ounce of power has been shown after great concentration and decades of study.

The Mo Pai demonstrations I've seen aren't demi-godlike; even if legitimate they show tiny tiny amounts of power, so small it'd be easier to light match or just blow to get the same effect. Compared to humans athletic abilities, these 'powers' are laughable. They make lifting up spoon and feeding yourself seem demi-godlike.

With that being said, I'm sure J.C should be considered a master. But. If I gave him a 20 watt could he light it up? I doubt it. If I dropped a sheet of paper on the ground could he lift it up and waft it to my hand. I doubt it. Does he have healing ability? Yes, I believe that and I'm impressed. But, I also believe the top Reiki people do too. Are they as powerful as J.C. at healing? Maybe.

The problem is Reiki's got a well deserved reputation for giving away master titles like they were popcorn, thus there are a lot of low level people going around calling themselves Reiki masters. But there are also, I believe (no studying), people with actual juice that use Reiki and are high level.

And while I doubt I'd ever formally study Reiki, if there were a high level practitioner I'd give them respect, they'd be interesting to talk to and I'd try to learn something from them.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

Do they have a power ... ?

I can't decide which is worse, some of the stuff they do in their ceremonies (it's not a path I understand much), or them allowing their sacred ceremonies to be filmed to be viewed by westerners to scoff at and mock?

SonOfTheGods Wrote:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33735-personal-practice/?p=526375

Polaris- the North Star, Thuban, and Vega -–known as the Violet Stars = emit violet rays through the galaxy.

The Big Dipper = red and infra-red light/radiant energy & gathers all the violet light from the universe.

The Violet Stars, the Southern Cross constellation, and other constellations form the “Gates of Heaven.”

Beings must pass through these Gates to return to the Wu-Chi.

The soul and spirit come from the stars and return to their origins.

Refining the energies of soul & spirit = pure as the stars- until as pure as the Original Source/force.

That' makes for a lot of deliberate practice

Just seemed like quite a few significant digits when I came upon the number.

Remind me in which units a realometer is calibrated?

Let's stop playing the games Brian. You either want something real or you want to play make believe.

he tries to light it, fails, tries again, fails

He needed a ground.

even if legitimate they show tiny tiny amounts of power,

As much respect as I have for JC he is no where near his teachers level, even then he did these demonstrations with a fraction of a percent of his full ability.

• Like 1

After my event, I could sense an energetic body surrounding me, it was me and yet it wasnt me, and it had its own higher intelligence. It also had tendrils or horns or wings at its temples, which felt like feelers or sensors.

I think of it as some sort of higher self body.

I don't really know what it means.

Maybe on some level I do.

It's very strange.

It felt just like this;

Shade1Cover.jpg

My 'horns' look like that too ... especially when I dont brush my hair after sleeping.

see post #320 ... that which is represented as serpents (in that diagram) , if arisen, can appear to be horns, but in a way ARE horns ;

" A horn antenna serves the same function for electromagnetic waves that an acoustical horn does for sound waves in a musical instrument such as a trumpet. It provides a gradual transition structure to match the impedance of a tube to the impedance of free space, enabling the waves from the tube to radiate efficiently into space." * - now reverse all that ... radiate freely INTO the individual etheric matrix.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horn_antenna

• Like 1

those thick green arrows are wrong :D

Is that it ?

Is that the only comment? No comment on your vague and general term of spirit? No seizing the opportunity to explain what you mean about your use of 'spirit' ? Just a statement of (part of it) is wrong ... with no explanation, followed by a laugh?

To me you are often evasive, off the point and go in circles back to your original premises that have not been demonstrated in the first place ; all indicative of a certain obvious attitude and baseline ... which, by the way isn't a demonstration of power at all.

I was hoping you could demonstrate more ... even in discussion ... than panda farts.

If you just want to get your point across, even just in discussion, at least learn the basic premises and concepts of discussion. ( But maybe getting your point across isnt your aim ? )

You should really read Plato's Gorgias ... its quiet brief.

Magneto_Hates_Drama-300x284.jpg

That was pretty dramatic for a guy that cares not about pathetic drama ..... OHHHH ! I get it ... he doesn't "... care about your pathetic drama."

His own pathetic drama however .....

That's bullshit

I don't think it is. All through my life I've witnessed people who are elevated to positions of power and on every occasion, they've turned into complete assholes.

• Like 1

I don't think it is. All through my life I've witnessed people who are elevated to positions of power and on every occasion, they've turned into complete assholes.

Hi Adept, why do you think this happens? What, in your opinion, could be the cause(s)?

• Like 1

Re nungali's posts; is it getting hot in here?

I shouldn't stir the cauldron so.

But yes, Nungali.

The horns are the psychic antenna of the higher level body.

They exist on a higher dimension than the material.

They receive and transmit.

Amen.

And you know what they say about assholes with kundalini.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell